Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
EvilMiss

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi missmia!

Thanks for your warm welcome Smile

I am trying to choose the right serum! Way too many to choose from!

EM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
EvilMiss wrote:
Hi Everyone! wave

I would just like to say thanks to the EDS forum and its posters for a wonderful website

I stumbled upon this forum/website by chance! I have a medical condition called EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) and I had googled for some specific information and this website/forum came up! I have been engrossed whenever I sign on to the forum!

I am 37 and I live in the UK. I have an oily T zone and only get spotty when I'm hormonal. I am also fair skinned. I am looking to experience different products and I am currently looking for new skincare to try. I am also interested in trying some eyelash serum.

I am not at all experienced in skin care so I hope to learn more as I see there is a lot of experience here!

Again thanks for a great site!

EM x

Hey EM, I have EDS too! And that's how I found this site also. What kind do you have? I'm classical.
EvilMiss

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:

Hey EM, I have EDS too! And that's how I found this site also. What kind do you have? I'm classical.

Wow! How crazy is that! I am EDS Type 3 (Hypermobile) I got diagnosed 8 years ago.

Em

5% products discount

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I have read this forum for quite some time. Thought I would finally join and say hello. So, um, hello!
huihui
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I have joined the forum for so long. Sorry for never showing up to say hi. Razz
Rilae

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! wave

I stumbled onto this site regularly and I liked what I saw so I decided to register. There seems to be a lot of helpful advice here!

Anyways, I just wanted to stop by and say hi! Very Happy
AmieRae

Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums here. My name is Amie, I'm married, 26 years old and I live in Cochrane, Alberta. I have a 20 month old and a 3 year old and work very part time as an fitness instructor/personal trainer.

I'm not new to EDS though! I stumbled upon this site back in 2004 as one of the best/easiest places to purchase Bare Escentuals. Since then I have become obsessed with getting the perfect products for my crazy combination skin.

I look forward to getting to know you all better!
greeniiiiz
5% products discount

Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I am new to EDS, looks like a great pleace where I can learn a lot and drop lots of $$$$$ on new skin care supplies Smile

I am a 36 yr old, stay at home mom, my boys are 6 1/2 and almost 5 yrs. I live in the Chicago area (midwest US) so temps can be extreme. My skin tends to be combination, I have large pores, some surface dryness, more in the winter months because I don't hydrate myself. I have occasional breakouts in my chin area, but they tend to be cyclical.

I do like the sun *gasp*, I don't wear sunscreen as much as I should (everyday I know)
My constant skincare (currently anyway) I love Arbonne exfoliating masque with thermal fusion, AMAZING, I like it better than Dermalogica's microfoliant which I have also used.
I also use Prevage MD.

I am waiting for the arrival of Skingenics moisturizer, which I think will be a long lasting love. I have heard great things about it here and elsewhere.

A general skin cleanser that can change, right now I am using Garnier Pure something that I bought on a visit to Australia in Nov, bought more on a visit to the UK in March and I still have a couple tubes left.

I can't wait to get to know all of you and learn more about my skincare.

Tracy

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I'm 27 and from Australia. I have lurked around this site for ages but only just joined today. Love love love the EDS forum because it's just such a resourceful place and it seems to be really friendly too.

My skin is normal. I haven't had normal skin since before puberty! It used to be combo-oily-dehydrated and I used to have some awful breakouts and congestion but everything seems to have settled down with the oil cleansing method (various oils and EOs) and using jojoba oil with EOs to moisturise. I still get pimples but nothing like they were before. Yay to DIY skincare! Very Happy

Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've been reading this forum for awhile (learned of it from the Skin Interactives Board) and finally decided to start posting. This is a great forum!

I'm 51, with mildly oily skin. My skin is not sensitive, so I've never really have problems over the years with products or lifestyle and probably did more damage (sun worshiper) because I didn't have to be careful. That kind of caught up with me mid 40's. I

I've been DIY for skin care for a few years now. I'm delighted to know I can do much better for myself this way and save $ too. I never buy from dept stores anymore.

My biggest challenge is helping my son (14) and daughter (12) with their skin. Both are breaking out more than I ever did at their age - especially my son! It seems that if I try something new, it works awhile, then stops. My daughter, if she sticks with something it works. So I'm always looking for things to try because we haven't found the perfect routine yet. OCM is one breakthrough - and I just today made a batch of Carekate's ACV toner. My son is on antibiotic - might be working slowly but he has horrible red patches that just stay and stay, and always some new breakouts.

Anyway, that's my intro and hello to the group!

Betsy
Barbiedoll72

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, jsut found this place after looking to see if anyone else had an allergic reaction to a certain product. It looked like an interesting place to share reviews & ideas!! Very Happy

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone Smile I've enjoyed visiting the forums for ages and am finally posting. I learn something new everytime I visit. I look forward to meeting everyone. About me: I am 40 yrs old,
live in Texas with my husband, and have been happily married for 14 years. My skin has always been oily, although I seldom breakout. I am biracial and seem to have inherited my mother's English skin sensitivities and my father's lack of wrinkles- although maybe it's the sunblock? I have been using Philosophy, Decleor, and Skinceuticals lately. I love discovering new skincare, bath treats, and chemical free sunblocks. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Maisie100
Pilar
5% products discount

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello

I am Pilar and new to this forum, but not to skincare issues. English is not my native language, but I'm quite fluent. I had better be! I am a translator!!!

I'm 39, married, no children. I have always taken good care of my skin and so I do not have any major complaints. I would just like to keep my skin youthful as long as possible without surgery!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome, new faces! You're going to love it here!

Pilar-- I'm a translator too! What language(s) do you translate? Right now I translate from Japanese to English, however, I'm learning Mandarin Chinese so I hope one day to add that to my resume too....

5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I just found this website yesterday and love it!

I am a makeup junkie and also make handmade soap as a hobby so I'm really looking forward to being hear and learning new things! There are so many products here I've never heard about. It's fun but crazy at the same time because I thought I knew most of them Smile

Nikki
TXH2Lady

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Greetings, I am a 44-year old from Texas. I am African American and a sun-lover. Extremely cautious about sun exposure. (Not ready to look my age). I joined to get detailed insights to new procedures and products available for anti-aging.
anndy

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey Everyone. I'm a 63 year old sensitive skinned redhead from Florida. Always had great skin, but now it is moving south and starting to road map. Sad I have truly enjoyed reading all your wonderful posts - what a fun way to learn about the bewildering subject of skin care. I will post later when I decide what products to test. Confused Anndy
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, my name is simran and im 23 years old from New Zealand. My skin is normal to dry with odd breakouts now and them
Well whenever i have had skincare issues i have come by within the past couple of years and browse this forum, have to say i get alot of information here and have changed my mind on which product to order and which not often based on the information i find here Very Happy so all you people have saved me alot of money Smile . Well i finally decided to join this wonderful forum and well hello to evryone.
I am very busy with my university studies so do not have much time for skincare. But then each time a couple of months later when i look at my skin im back to looking for products that make me look good again lol. So yea right now m looking for a good cleanser but something not to expensive. Currently im using the following:
Decleor Mousse Demaquillante - Foaming Cleanser
Decleor Alpha Morning SPF 12 - Day Alpha Hydrating Cream
Decleor Aroma White Brightening Night Cream
Decleor Aromessence White Brightening Concentrate
Bioderma Photoderm sunscreen spf 100.

However when i am lazy at night and dont have much time i end up using silkia camelia oil rather then the concentrate and night cream.
If i have abit of time i would use the epidermx after cleansing following with either the concentrate and night cream or just the silkia.

I also get electrolysis done. approx 3-4 weeks. So i have been trying not to use anything to harsh.

Anyway the past couple of months the late nights and bad diet has made my looking like wel dull and old i reckon Shock .

I am running out of my cleanser and day time moisturizer as well as sunblock all the things im looking into buying.

Sunblock: i prefer to stick to bioderma range that suits me ok and i dont really get breakouts. Any good recommended websites to buy this, also cheap? Beautycentre.uk is not working nomore Crying or Very sad

Cleanser: I was going to buy
Biotherm Biosource Foaming Cleansing Gel
i like this cause of the foam and it was ok when i used it before $36 from my supplier in NZ but she has not got back to me on this so im look out for cleansers

Either biotherm or Decleor. The current one im using doesnt foam as i would like to.
I thought i would try
Decleor Cleansing Milk for Face and Eye
OR
Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleansing Gel

I cant decide between this two, i have read very good reviews on the forum. In terms of foaming which one does more? or Anyother cleansers anyone can recommend. I like foaming but i dont want something that gives that tight dry feeling

Moisturizer: I dont no which one to buy. Something for daytime wear. Preferably without SPF as i read on this forum SPF moisturizers or something degenerates the bioderma sunblock Confused . Dont want anything to heavy.
I Have used this before Biotherm Aquasource Non Stop/Oligo/Thermal Gel. Which i liked for daytime as its not heavy and just right.
So any good recommendations for moisturizers plus websites to purchase them from plz?

At the moment my skin feels a lil dry. My goal to get that dewy radiant skin look.

Keep up the goodwork on forum everyone

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Arkansas, that is. My name is Deb and I have been reading this forum and finally decided to join up. Love all the info. Wish I had found this and MUA before I spent some $$$ on past products!!

I am 46, auburn hair, fair skin with a reddish tone, freckling (but not a lot on the face - weird?)and what I would call normal skin, pretty much. Occasionally, I get the oil on my chin (again weird).

I use all sorts of prodcuts and love to try new things. Currently I am using DHC Whip Cleansing Oil, Ocean Actives Deep Water Squalane, Origins No Puffery and DHC Eyebright Gel (alternate - not sure which one I like best yet), Merle Norman MMU, Diorshow Mascara, my eyeshadow ranges from cheap to not so cheap - I currently am using the new Bobbi Brown Stonewashed Nudes and love it!! I also use BB Bronze eyeliner and love it. I am trying different moisturizers but not enamored with anything (DHC CoQ10, Clinique, etc..) still searching.

I have no beauty secrets really but I do a scrub using coffee grounds that I really like. My skin feels so soft and glows afterwards. I massage my Whip Cleansing Oil in and start massaging a handful of coffee grounds in. I scrub with this and rinse. Messy for sure but worth it. I follow with squalane, eye cream and a moisturizer.

I did just have Restylane done for my naso labial folds, which were quite deep, and LOVE it! Well worth it. I have heard about Radiesse but have been reluctant since I have read that some folks have bumping with it....

Look forward to hanging out with ya'll.

Deb
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone Nice to meet you all Very Happy
ddang
5% products discount

Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone! I just started reading the forums and I think I'm addicted! I'm 19 years old from Vancouver BC and I've recently developed an obsession with skin care and makeup. I think I'm a bit of a late bloomer considering all my girlfriends were experimenting with makeup throughout highschool while I was still playing video games :S There are loads of things I want to try but a starving student can only do so much on a budget haha

Although I have a limited experience with skin care and beauty I can surely say Dermalogica's Ultracalming Cleanser is my one and only <3
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! I'm not brand-new to EDS, but I've been dormant for a while. I've been an avid skin care, hair care and natural health care fan since I was a kid, and EDS is such an awesome place to learn even more. I'm known on EDS for being long-winded, an OCD natural ingredient freak, and a physical sunscreen lover.

I currently work testing software in Catalan, and my specialty is Romance languages - I speak Spanish, Catalan, French, and some Italian, and I study Latin (I was a linguistics major in college). But my passion is writing, as my long and winding posts might indicate, and I eventually hope to get a job writing and editing. I just had a really positive round of interviews and I may have a managing editor position lined up for when my software contract ends, yay!

I'm in Seattle, WA and I live with my boyfriend Grant and our adorable kitty Trumpet. I have family in England and NZ and I've lived abroad quite a bit, so I know what a pain it can be to not be able to purchase the things you want - I'm happy to help other members out with shipping, etc. I also have a ton of samples from many brands that I'll never get through, so I'm happy to mail those to people if interested.

Nice to meet all of you, this is a cool thread - I like getting to know a bit besides everyone's skin type! Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
KOUTSOUN

Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, my name is Vivian and just joined today Aug.2/07. I think this forum is super!1
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I don't review this thread too often to welcome new members, so welcome new members! Jump right in, most of us don't bite! Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
hardtohandle

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi...great site here...lots to see and read and lots of new names to learn. I never heard of so many of these products...it's almost too overwhelming. But slowly I guess I'll get through all of it.
I joined because a friend recommended it to help me get some advice on my rosacea.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |