Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm a new comer from china.

35 years old, normal to dry, asian

Anyway, just want to say Hi!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello queenmary, welcome. Smile Smile
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I joined a little while ago, but just saw this thread. i am learning so much here and it seems like a great atmosphere. I only wish I had time to visit the forums more often!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Cool Hi everyone, I joined a while ago, but I'm more of a lurker than poster.
I live in Northern Ontario, 50 years old - yikes!
Just became a lst time grandmother to a beautiful little girl. I live at a lake year round and am a full time homemaker.

I have very long thick brunette hair, oily skin during summer months, crows feet,
Never took care of my skin, sunworshipper, smoker.I should probably look older than I do because of the way I treated my skin, so it must be genetics. Last year I noticed my skin was starting to show signs of aging and came across this board. I knew nothing about skincare. Since then, I learned so much from all of you wonderful women. I now use Dr. Hauschka products, Skinceuticals, emu oil, rosehip oil, and DIY creams. I recently added retinol to my regiment. This site has been hard on my credit card, but I have to admit it's kinda addicting. I always think there is something better out there,and it's so much fun trying new products. Thanks again for all the good advice.
Debbie

5% products discount

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i only found this site a few months ago while looking to purchase decleor products online. very exciting find!

i am 32, i thought i had oily/combo skin, but was recently told that i don't anymore. this is a surprise to me, but i had a baby 2.5 years ago and live in a very dry place for the last 5 years. i think the combo of hormonal and climate change changed my skin for the better.

also, i am trying to have a better self-image of my skin, and to treat it very gently. so far, i have received some compliments about my nice clear skin, so all those years of picking really probably did make it worse. i guess mom was right Laughing
newgirl
5% products discount

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I really appreciate how much I have learned in the few days since finding this forum. Very Happy There are still many questions. Organic living has been central to my life for many years. Finding Dr. Hauschka make up and skin care may mean a more glamorous aging process! Laughing
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I found this forum a few weeks ago and have spent a whole lot of money since then. I'm 29, a lawyer, and I live just outside of Washington, DC. My quickly-approaching 30th birthday has galvanized me into taking better care of my skin, which is oily but non-acne prone, and has the beginnings of some fine lines. I've learned a whole lot so far and can't wait to try all the things I've ordered!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Upon a suggestion I've been trying to update my profile to no avail.
I added few lines about myself and pushed the submit botton, still nothing..
Am I doing something wrong?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I think I got it this time; talking about profile update

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I just joined last week after lurking for about three months. Boy, was I clueless about how clueless I was about skincare! I had no idea.

As I said last week, I've spent a ridiculous amount of money since lurking here, mainly because I don't have the patience to try something for a while and see if it works before moving on to the next thing. Yes, this is a very dangerous place for a girl like me... Laughing
cmq4569

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone!!

My name is Cynthia and I'm a new member as of yesterday. I am a 37 year old Hispanic with a medium complexion and oily/combination skin. I look forward to connecting with others who also have a passion for treating their skin like royalty!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, Smile
I'm very happy to share the beauty experience with you,most important is purchase product and try all brand here,Valmont is my next purchasing target,I need your recommendation:37,combin skin,loose and darken skin.

Thanks!
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
...a fellow MUA'er who's been lurking here for about 5 months now, and have just spent like, 2 days editing my signature (LOL)...so I guess it's finally time to say hi, and to thank all of you for your invaluable help and suggestions! I am skin-care obsessed and am disappointed that I am so late in finding this forum!

The wealth of knowledge found here is truly overwhelming! I hope I can somehow contribute. Wink

You can find me on any layover scoping out the foreign pharmacies...Love 'em! And I promise to always report back!

looking forward to sharing tips with all of you....
steffers
vancouver canada

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
lizzegrl
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello All! I registered quite a while ago, but haven't been back. I'm 38, very pale, sensitive/dry skin and looking to keep my "looks 25" complexion.. Smile Nice to meet you all.
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I suppose I should have introduced myself here before I started posting in other threads, but I guess it's never too late Laughing

I'm from the Netherlands, 24 years old with normal/combo pale skin. I originally found this site when I was looking for DIY recipes. I'm mainly interested in natural skincare, though I have a few fine lines that I want to eliminate with which ever method that works,chemical or otherwise, LOL.

It's very nice to meet you all!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I love this forum Very Happy I've been lurking and gathering info for several months. This is a very knowledgable group of people!

I'm 39, 3 kids, live in the Midwest, and not going to age "gracefully" if I can help it Laughing

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
hi!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm from Vancouver, Canada. I used to participate a lot on the DianaYvonne forums, but not so much lately. I'm glad I "found" this forum! Let's see, I'm 29, Asian, neurotic about keeping my face line-free, pore-less, bright & translucent, firm & toned... did I miss anything else? ;P
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi ...im so happy I found this place to introduce myself propely...Im Katya , im from Québec city (sorry for the english mistake Sad ) im 27 , dark hair and eyes , fair skin , oily all over wit breackout .Ive work in beauty salon and cosmetics counter for the past 10 years...i just love cosmetics...just find out im not the only one! Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi!!! Im Melissa.. 23 years old from New York. Looking to keep my skin fresh and young. Love this site. Hope to chat with yall in the soon future. Very Happy
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
'nother skin-care-chat-voyeur-turned-registered-member here!

been lurking for a while and decided it was time to step up.
also a member of theskincareboard, and skin biology's forum.

Live in New York - the mainland, right next to the Hudson River (zone 6/7 to any gardening friends out there).

fwiw
46 yo hazel eyed female with combination/dry skin (emu does help - in the summer I no longer feel the need to slather on "moisturizer").
larger pores in t-zone and time-honored lines on face. not too much sag.
long, somewhat thin, straight hair with a bit of silver.

I am a COPPER girl! Love my cp's - (and my emu oil, squalane, bhas, lactic acid, and non detergent low ph cleanser).
been "using" since January of this year - almost exclusively skin bio's products, but also use diana yvonne products and various emu oils.
my choice of makeup - everyday minerals. don't use mascara, or eye shadows - I find them "aging" for me. i do use my trusty eyelash curler, tho.

I'm not afraid of the sun - but i do prefer shade. A combination of my lighter eyes, and (is it just me, or...)the sun seems a bit more intense than when i was a young 'un.
I don't wear sunscreen everyday (but will often wear some and/or a brimmed hat when I'm out in the "garden"), and have a preference for physical sunscreens.
I never had the patience to lay out in the sun, but feeling the warmth of the sun on my face every once in a while - just feels good.

In many ways, being a copper girl has it's advantages -
i do enjoy healthier skin, and it also helps limit some of my lemming instincts.
- tho, I must admit, I am awating shipment of 1000 hour last tine, and ardell brow and lash stuff.(i said, SOME of my lemming instincts).

i have an 8 1/2 yo goddess-in-training who happens to be on the autistic spectrum (high functioning/aspergers). It's a challenge sometimes, but i'm sure parents of "typical" kids have their challenges as well. i wouldn't have her any other way - i'm a bit "offplumb" myself ; )

I enjoy gardening, but not in the "traditional" sense. more of a woodland/shade/native plant gardener - sort of a "mini land steward". encouraging native plants and wildlife. and I listen to a lot of birdsong.
this is probably one of the biggest things that feeds my "insides".

aside from that, I love to read - mostly fiction (simply MUST do so every nite before bed) -
and consider myself a raging info-maniac.

... well, i think that'll do for now (sorry, that IS the abridged version).

pleased to meet you!

Pam (bubbleoffplumb)
sothy01
5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, great forum.
New Yorker,30's
Any advice on olive skin tone with pigmentation problems would be appreciated.
tina7006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. EDS forum has some great skincare product review.
zaney63
5% products discount

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone:
I joined about a month ago and have been shamelessly lurking ever since and learning more about skincare than I even knew existed.

I was lucky enough to have fairly good skin all my life, not sensitive and never any acne.
However up until now I have taken this blessing for granted and have not taken care of my skin. Two things I have going for me are the fact that I have never smoked and never suntanned. Now though, I am noticing signs of aging and hope it is not too late to correct my neglect.
I have taken so many of the good members advice on various treatments with great success. The only disadvantage I can see to thr forum is that it is addictive and hard on the credit cards. On the other hand I could be spending the money without the advice of the forum and losing money AND not looking as good.

I live in Toronto and therfore my skin must suffer through the cold windy winters as well as the hot summers.

I look forward to participating in discussions on the forum in the future.

Regards
MJS
tenderoni
5% products discount

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi!!

I too have been lurking for over a year!

I have finally decided there's nothing like good skincare and fabulous hair!! hehehhe...

I am a hair product junkie...i have a small confession to make. After cleaning and reorganizing my bathroom, i did a quick calculation of JUST the hair products i have on hand and i am ashamed to admit i have a small fortune of stuff right now.. Shock how did i do that???!?!?!??!

after lurking on EDS for some time and now finally joining, i'm finding many deals, coupon codes, sales, ect..good thing i clean out my bathroom...looks like i'm buyin more stuff Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |