Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Zi*Li
5% products discount

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
hello all! I've been lurking around this site for years...but finally decided to come out from hiding!! Very Happy

24 azn
- prone to breakout now and then especially when I'm stressed Mad
- combination skin
- still very much addicted to EDS...and their AWESOME service!!!....and the great reviews and product suggestions!!

Hope this site will be around FOREVER!!
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Helllllo!~

I have joined and been here for a few weeks now and let me tell ya, I love it here! I've read and gotten some great advice from so many here.

When I was younger, I've always wanted to have a big sister to ask beauty, boys, life questions, and now I have many! I know.. some of you may be thinking, why didn't you ask your mom? Well, my parents immigrated here when my mom was 8 months pregnant with me. So the culture is a little different. Being raised in America and being raised in a different country is TOTALLY different. I once asked my mom about pads, and she told me they didn't use disposable...... eek!

Everyone here seems so friendly and so willing to help. So thank you everyone in advance! Smile
Kitteny
5% products discount

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I found this site months ago while googling for vitamin c serum recipes, and I've been hooked ever since, and finally decided to join.

I'm 44, as fair as you can imagine, strawberry blonde with a few whites starting up at the hairline, very dry skin and fine lines.

If you didn't guess by my name, I'm into kitty cats and have 3 that I adore which were all rescues of sorts. I'm not good at saying no, and it doesn't stop at kitties. I've bought the following skincare products over the last few months,

Emu Oil (really helped)
Emergent DNA + Barrier (I love them so far)
NuFace (I hated the way it felt and sent it back)
Pumpkin Peel... Shock (I left it too long)
Homemade recipes found here (so far okay)
Cellex C (made me itch + blackheads)

I'm reading all I can about Retinoids and led's now because that is my next venture. I also just started to read the 302 skincare line thread, and it sounds very interesting to me. I really want things to be simple if that's at all possible.

Okay, sorry to get carried away. At least it's not a 'one liner' Laughing

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:34 am      Reply with quote
31, fair (Irish complexion)
Acne related scarring on forehead, right cheek.
2 icepick type scars, multiple shallow, boxcar/rolling indentations covering 90 % of forehead and cheek.
Minor hyperpigmentation (sun related).

***No outbreaks, cyst like lumps, or whiteheads since January 07. ***

Previously tried Vitalize Peel, TCA (various strengths) at home, and prescription retinoids.

Currently using Eminence Stone Crop cleanser and Stone Crop Serum.

Dermaroller 1.0 followed by application of .5 RetinA.

Daily application of toning serum (formulated by naturopath.)

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer w SPF.
Imadolfan

Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Hello all! I was searching online for some reviews on eyelash conditioner/growth products and somehow stumbled onto this site. Let me just say, WOW! Dancing I feel like a kid on Christmas morning, lol! Great info and just love reading the product reviews by people like me who are not trying to sell the product they are talking about...very unbiased info which is so refreshing! Can't wait to find my way around this site and enjoy all it has to offer. Great idea!
Amberlatte

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Everyone -
I am excited to start learning new things about my skin, and much more.

Me: 30, live in Southern California, married, dog only no children.
Skin: freckles (tons of them), usually on the dry side
My obsession has been with Dermologica, I swear by the stuff, but I am tired of paying so much for this product in the stores, my husband is actually the one who first bought product on this website, he needs TendSkin for after shaving his beard, he is addicted to it. I even now use TendSkin after I shave.

I joined this forum because I have spent the last 30 minutes reading other posts and I am amazed how friendly everyone is on her. This speaks volumes to a company that can attract such happy, caring people. I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.
LENA*

Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
aloha everyone!
i am a 26 year old female from Hawaii.
i am half Hispanic/south american Indian mix(due to Spanish seafarers) and half Hawaiian.
i have normally dry but sometimes really oily combination/normal skin.
skin color same Eva Mendes.
a few light freckles.
raven black thick hair.
some black beauty marks.
dark circles.
and always had nasolabiofold lines inherited.(just now more pronounced)
just came across this site yesterday and am addicted. i went and made purchases already.
i love love love this place. it's right up my alley. amazing results! in one night.
julesee
5% products discount

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Well i've been brave and already started a new topic about the aspirin mask and also left two replies about eve lom. (laughing) Anyway i'm just loving this forum and in fact the whole site. I live in the UK, i'm 35 years old and in September i'm back off the college to study Holistic therapies and facials, so its all very exciting!

One of my aims for using this forum and site is too try and find a fantistic natural of organic brand to use for my facials once qualified. I'll be using Dr Hauschka (as after my college course i will do the Dr Hauuschka training) but I would also like to work as a mobile therapist. As Dr H doesn't allow me to go mobile, i'd love any suggestions for a fab natural brand.
These are lines i've looked at/sampled so far:
Jurlique (not bad)
Suki (wasn't impressed)
Weleda (no!)
Ren (only tried a face mask)

Plese help Neutral

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi ALL pretties This is Even, really new here, i am 28 Asian , living in Hong Kong.

Would be very active here Bad Grin

My skin problem:

acne prone skin, sensitive, uneven skin tone,
acne pock, red bumps after a day makeup, acne mark. (all in not that serious situation, but still existing...)

Target: 1. To learn more for skincare ingredient and find out what irritate my skin.
2. learn more and I will spend more at the same time
3. find out the regime which can solve my skin problems
4. share my good and bad skin exp. with other sisters

What I bought after joining this site:
(for just few days)
Dr. H cleansing: (but still dunno how to use)
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (so far so goo, a bit dry for daily use)

Do you have any good idea for me to improve skin, kindly let me know. I like TRY^^

5% products discount

Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am 24 (Or I will be in a week!!)
I have problems with acne but only when I wear makeup.
I am currently recovering from a bunionectomy and have only jsut realized I don't break out when I don't wear makeup!
I still have acne and chickenpock scars that I am attempting to get rid of.

I have-

Fair skin
Brown Hair
Blue eyes
Eastern-European descent
Dark dark eye circles
Starting to get wrinkles

My routine-
I wash with Neutrogena Acne Wash 2x daily
I exfoliate with sugar, steam my face and apply Mint Juliep Mask 1x a week.

I'd love all the help and encouragement I can find!
Eric210
5% products discount

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
this may be off subject... but does anyone know if you can see the last posts that you made previously? These forums get so big and sometimes I forget what or where I posted. Thanks for the help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Eric210 wrote:
this may be off subject... but does anyone know if you can see the last posts that you made previously? These forums get so big and sometimes I forget what or where I posted. Thanks for the help.

Eric, click on "Profile" right under your name to the left of one of your posts (like the one in this thread).

Then on the right side you will see "find all the posts by Eric210."

OR....

Go to Search at the top of the screen and type in your user name under "Author"....you will also want to select Posts (vs. Topics) at the bottom of that same screen.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi... New Here... referred over by a client to look at the LED lights... thinking of getting one of those..

Me: 37, Fair... a wee bit of melasma... but enough to bug me (I figure if I can see it my crappy lighting in my bathroom... it's too much!!) otherwise no major skin issues. Just always searching out a magic combo for glowing skin... Lack of sleep is probably my biggest issue.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi there! I'm a new member from Germany, 36 years old, married with no children, but a cat who's almost Garfield-looking Very Happy . I apologise in advance for my mistakes, my english is far from perfect Crying or Very sad.

Looks:

- fair skin
- dark blue eyes
- blonde by nature but dark brown by choice Wink (for the moment...)
- normal to dry skin, no allergies or problems
- fine lines under the eyes
- skincare and perfume addict Laughing

I have to fight blackheads on the nose and the chin, sometimes a spot or two, but not very often. I'm after moisturizers, some age-fighting antioxydants and just new stuff for my * spam alert * Laughing. Everything natural is my favourite, but I'm not radical about that, when chemicals serve better, so be it Wink.

I bought from EDS so far: PSF Berry Beneficial Serum and Juice Beauty Sheer Moisturizer. I love the site, great range of products, fantastic service and even the shipping to Germany isn't as high as usual.

See you soon wave

5% products discount

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Worked! Thanks bethany.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hey there!

I actually found this site when googling for information about smartskincare DOT com's DIY preparations. I wanted to see if anyone had their own recipe without shelling out the $12!

My name is Jenn. I was born in NY, but during and after a brief stint in the US Navy, I found myself traveling all over this continent...from San Francisco to Vancouver. Phoenix to Chicago. Cozumel to Toronto...just everywhere. I'm currently in Mobile, AL and spend a lot of time in New Orleans for business and pleasure.

I have been a member of MakeupAlley for over five years and I'm surprised I never stumbled onto this...you learn new things every day!

I have an eclectic collection of interests: Skincare/makeup, for sure, but also: Electronic music/dancing, Politics, Law/civil liberties, cars, DJing, Computers and gadgets to name a few. You'll see some of my eccentricities and interests come through in my posting-style, I'm afraid

I've looked around your site and it just seems like there are a lot of savvy ladies here...this seems like a great place to learn things so I think I'll stay. I hope to buddy up with a few of you to share tips/tricks.

crjulio1

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Will turn 53 soon Smile and just now noticing how tired I look in the mirror at work Shock . Puffy eyes and can see sagging around the jowl line. At home applying makup, it looks great, but it's that gosh darn mirror at work that ruins it! Crying or Very sad Can anyone recommend eye treatment for this tired look I am getting now?

Also, I am having trouble with bumps on my upper arms too. I have never had this before, but I guess this is part of the menopausal stage...I asked the pharmacist what to do for this and he recommended Emlactin. Still have the bumps and have been using this for about 3 months...help anyone! Question

5% products discount

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there to all. I happened upon this sight and have revisited so many times that I decided to register and possibly contribute.

Great forum and I look forward to posting.
lubylou

Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm..where does one start?
I am UK born, West Australian living MD who thought I knew a little bit about skincare- until I read the forums on EDS and realised my skin/product knowledge is WAY inferior.
I am 36 (eek how did THAT happen) and only started looking after my skin when I arrived in Australia 7 years ago and had my first hideous acne breakout.
I am devoted to Guinot Hydramdermie facials (have them every 5 weeks ) and MD formulations glycolic products that have really stabilised my skin and stopped me from getting scars
I have dark hair, combination skin, a habit of not washing my face at night and long eyelashes (counteracted by reasonable body hairyness )
i would LOVE to find a product that reduced hair growth so the time waxing, tweezering and exfoliating ingrown hairs could be better spent.
I am amazed at the EDS prices- far cheaper than retail here in Oz. Would also recommend Strawberry net for their special offers and non-cosmeceutical lines if you have to have them..
Will try and be brave enought to partake in some forums. Ciao Wink
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

Like a lot of the posters here - I'm a long time lurker who finally decided to take the plunge and de-lurk...

I love this site - and this forum - and have learned so much from the contributors here.

My issues are aging skin, fine wrinkles, melasma (ugh!!), and dryness.

After reading the entire (!) dermaroller thread (it took me awhile!) I'm gathering the courage to purchase and use the 1.5 dermaroller.

Thanks everyone for a great forum!
Very Happy
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Whoops I never did this.

I'm a 36 year old stay at home mom to a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I don't have (or make) much time for pampering, etc. so my skin, hair, and wardrobe have been severely neglected. Laughing

I came here via a google search for tretinoin information and was hooked within minutes of reading the wealth of information I found here. Not to mention the dozens of brilliant women available to share ideas with. Wink

Oh, I'm average build, light brown hair, brown eyes, oily, sensitive, fair/medium skin, prone to acne. Most recently developing horizontal lines on my forehead, crow's feet, slight bags, and droopy eyelids. (I swear it's all happened since I had my first child Laughing )

It's good to be here! Wink

5% products discount

Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I'm 31, fair skinned with dark blonde hair and blue eyes.

My skin:
*Very soft and small pored, but prone to dryness
*Developing wrinkles in forehead and in that fold between nose and mouth, which I'd like to slow down and reduce as much as possible
*Occasional breakouts on my chin
*Winning the war against blackheads!

I've been using PSF products for a few months now and really like them, but would like to step my routine up a few notches. I'm also interested in trying some DIY skincare.
Ashleymay108

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

My name is Ashley and I just turned 22.

I just want to say how amazing this site is, and I still can not believe that I have been using Clinique for the past 8 years! I ordered Dr. H's cleansing cream and have been buying a lot of EO to make some DIY products! I tried the aspirin mask and like it.

Skin problem- I have tanned my skin so much in the past (tanning beds every day in high school, laying out for hours with no sunscreen), I'm scared it will never recover.
I have blackheads in the Tzone and dry skin under my nose. Uneven skin tone all together. Dark circles under my eyes as well.

Hope I can gain enough knowledge to turn my problems around!
Laughing
Thanks for all the help :]]
Look forward to being a member of this forum!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you to all the wonderful ladies from this forum and thank you EDS
I found this forum one month ago when I decided that is NOW OR NEVER …I have to do something to improve my skin before is too late in 6 month I am turning 45 and I started to see unpleasant things on my face. I suppose that I am lucky that I have very good genetics but still ….pigmentation( 14 years lived In Israel) a bit of sagging eyes and bags , jaw line not as used to be …bottom line not a very fresh look .
In the past I had very bad experience with a couple o products: Decleor and Pevonia – the major ones.
4 years ago, after I had a facial with Pevonia my face was red and swollen and itchy and painful for 10 days. So, my main goal it was to find something that doesn’t do any harm and moisturize :for 2 years I used only Loreal mainly because I didn’t have any reaction.
One year ago I tried Arbonne Nutrimin C and I was happy that I can see an improvement and no allergies. And the price is ok as well :I buy it from eBay 100-150 CAD – no way to pay 350(the representative price) as it doesn’t worth .
I still love this line but I think that I can do better so I am looking for new products and after I read this forum I have a plan  . I am applying it for 2 weeks and so far so good but I’ll wait a little bit more to report my results .
I apologize for my English , far to be perfect

XOXO
Roxana
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hello everybody

After being a bit of a lurker for a few months, i've now finally registered. Although, i've only just found this thread - i keep finding new stuff every time i look!

I'm 35 and from the UK. I originally stumbled across this website looking for DIY recipes of all kinds. I'm desperately trying for children, although nothing's working. One of my "plans" was to cut out all the nasty chemicals, preservatives etc in my system and go all natural if i could; hence trying DIY. I've had some success, using some recipes all you guys have supplied here. I have to say i've become completely obsessed about it now!

My skin is really greasy and i've suffered with acne since i was 13. It cleared up when i was on the pill but, obviously, that's not a factor anymore. A divorce, miscarriage etc etc hasn't helped either as the stress has given me the worst skin i've had for years! Crying or Very sad What's even worse is that, now i'm older, the spots are scarring. I think the permanent scars are even harder to deal with than the actual spots themselves.

Hey ho - that's life i guess! I'm slowly revamping my facial routine (my DIY-ing being hampered by being in between houses at the moment and living back with my parents) but some of my favourite brands are dermalogica and origins. Although, going off origins slightly. I am keen to try dr hauschka after reading such good things about it here, aswell as maybe jurlique and juice beauty. one of the difficult things i find being in the uk is sourcing good uk websites for DIY-ing - yet another thing you guys have really helped me with Wink

Anyway, thanks for all the info so far guys and i look forward to chatting to you all soon

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |