Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
CrystalCandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! My name is Kristelle, I just joined today!
nadel2905

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
i just joined and have been looking around a little, this is a great site and lots of awesome topics to discuss. I cant wait to learn and share. Very Happy
mrsgeek

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just signed up yesterday and am back today looking through the posts. I am a complete novice when it comes to skincare and makeup, and incredibly lazy, sometimes I've been known to go two or three days without washing my face or applying moisturiser or anything.

And now I'm in my early 40s and have an energetic toddler to chase around all day - the lack of sleep and my age and my childhood spent in the tropics sans sunscreen is really starting to show on my face - as is the redness from where I had a mild chemical burn from having some small skin cancers removed.

Some of your routines look uber complicated. But I shall persevere and hopefully end up more educated at the end of my visit.
Shreela

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I developed IBS in my mid-40's, then finally the 3rd GI figured out it was probably food additives that were causing my painful and very inflamed attacks. Turns out he was right, and eating whole foods rarely gave me attacks Very Happy By this time, I was VERY out of shape, since I spent most of my time in the bed, couch, or recliner. It took almost a year just to get my core back to acceptable strength. I also spent time learning the curly girl system to enjoy nicer curls/waves in humid weather.

Meanwhile, my skin became flakier and flakier, with occasional redness during weather extremes. I used to use some kind of scrubbie when I flaked, but recently the scrubbies caused more redness. Now I'm using 2% AHA/BHA cream and it's taking care of the flakies great, and the redness has decreased a lot Smile

But I'm hoping to reduce minor forehead wrinkles, and medium 11 wrinkles. Also, I have what appears to be sebacious hyperplasias under each eye, one medium and the other just barely noticeable (for now). Finally, there's a somewhat small "permanent pimple" on my cheek.

I'm considering adding copper peptides, but need to buy MSM, since Dr. Pickart says the CPs work better when taking C+MSM. I'm also considering ordering some TCA if the CP's don't reverse the sebacious hyperplasias and permapimple, but I'll have to study more to see what's required before using stronger acids.

Meanwhile, I've started facial exercises and already see the upper eye crease has improved for many hours after doing the exercises - DH told me I looked younger, even without me asking him Dancing

And lastly: I'm growing out my silvers! Maybe the MSM for the CUs will help my fonky orange hair grow out faster (that's why I'm quitting dyeing, even with 20 drops of Gray Magic, the grays just will NOT pick up the dk brown - it fades to orange in a week or so Confused )

There, intro's done, nice to meet you all ^_^
havana8

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome to everyone! wave wave wave wave
dstuyvesant

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello. I've spent most of today reading the DIY section of the forum.
My name is Diana. I'm 49 years old and have pretty good skin. But I'm sick of spending an obscene amount of $$$ on serums. Started making my own Vitamin C serum in Oct and have noticed that my skin is now more even toned. Now I just need to upgrade my simple serum to something more comprehensive so here I am.
Skin type-aging with hormonal acne for approx 1 wk out of the month. It's also thin. My focus is in strengthing the skin since it thins as we age.

Glad I found this place. Very Happy
andreajoyB

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there! I'm a newbie here. I'm a article author of life, love, goals, politics, news, health, and other interesting things. I find this site interesting and informative and I know I'll enjoy it here as well as learn more to widen my views.
gi99les

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:18 am      Reply with quote
My husband opened me up to the idea of joining a forum linked with topics that interested me. He's always on his many different car forums and mma forums and I always thought of it as hoopla but after seeing how helpful it has been for us with work on our car I decided to give it a whirl. I found this site when I googled tria forums and am hoping to gain valuable advice regarding this topic and many others. Thanks for the welcome! wave

gi99les ~ "It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized." ~Wayne Dyer
Poisson

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone
I'm a newbie and I'm looking forward to
be part of EDS family Smile
Zazzafrazzles

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello EDSers! I think I must have entered into my second childhood (I've been trying for years but nobody would let me)... but I woke up one morning and outta nowhere, I had some wrinkles!

Quickly, I've become a products junkie. I was never really interested in anything in the past, just a little moisturizer, and spot-treating blemishes.

Being a skeptic, I just assumed nothing would really work. Then, the strangest thing happened. I used something that actually did what it claimed to do! I was shocked. I then realized there might be other products that also might do what they claimed! And so, my journey began. It's really kinda fun, too.
I love trying them. Have some hits and misses too, but still, I like it.

At first I though I was having a severe case of vanity, but now I just think of my face as my "hobby". Very Happy

I've been reading here for a few days now and enjoying it so much, and learning soooo much. Really a great community here.

See y'all on the boards!

Zazz
ashley2011

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I write for lashreviews site, to help other women by providing very informative articles, product reviews, & tip that specifically for them.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Just signed up. Already enjoying all the treats.
KrazyKanuck
5% products discount

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello to all of you wonderful folks here at EDS.

I actually registered here a few days ago and have already been posting when it finally dawned on me that, oops, I haven't even introduced myself yet so here I am to do just that.

My name is Tara but I go by KrazyKanuck here in the forums and you are welcome to call me by whatever you are most comfortable with. I hail from Vancouver Island, BC and am married (23 years) and have two beautiful daughters, 20 and 17 who both currently still live at home (and if the housing prices here don't drop I have a feeling my kids will be living at home forever, lol).

I love all kinds of things but topping my list of favorites are reading, writing, art and, of course, anything beauty related. Needless to say, I am super excited to be a part of this community because it offers so much great advice about beauty and more. Funny, I have been a regular "onliner" for so many years now that I am befuddled at how on earth I didn't find this place sooner. Oh well, even so, I am just glad I finally did.

Although in my mid-forties I look younger than I really am (most tell me I look like I'm still in my twenties so I guess that's a good thing) but, at the same time, I want to look and feel the best that I can in more ways than just from an age perspective. In addition, I want to make sure and stay that way by taking great care of myself now so that when I do get way up there in age I can look back and be thankful I took the time and effort to do so.

My main concerns atm (at the moment) are;

FACE:

- fine lines on forehead and some wee ones just starting to appear around my eyes.

- lines beside my nose and mouth (I believe you here call them nasal fold lines or something like that)

- some dark areas (age spots?) on both of my temple areas.

BODY:

- stretch marks. I have a love/hate relationship with these things. On one hand I love what they represent (in my case, motherhood) while on the other hand I cannot stand what they look like and would be more than happy to get rid of them.

- cellulite. I think this might just be what bothers me the most about me altogether. I am very thin and I am pretty good (not perfect, mind you) at eating right and exercising but, still, I have cellulite all over the upper portion of my legs and, even worse, my butt. This drives me nuts because I have tried almost everything under the sun to reduce it but, so far, have had no luck. However, after reading about dermarolling here I plan on giving that a go asap and see what happens.

- varicose and spider veins. Oh, okay, maybe these bug me even more than my cellulite does, I'd say it is a toss-up between the two. I honestly believe I probably have some of the worse veiny legs on the entire planet (no joke, lol) and a case so bad I have never seen anything quite like it before (except for one of my sisters who has them just as bad as I do). I did have sclerotherapy done on some of the biggest, green/blue veins a few years ago (by the top vein doctor here) and, guess what...they didn't disappear, much less fade, AT ALL. I was crushed as I thought that "that" would be the answer but, for myself, it was not. Sigh, that means still no shorts for me.

Well, that's me in a nutshell, I hope I provided enough information. If anyone wants/needs to know more about me feel free to ask at anytime and I will gladly answer.

Thanks for having this awesome forum and, even more so, thank you for allowing us to make use of it.

KK Very Happy

Female, 45, light-skinned with long brown hair and hazel eyes. I love trying out new products and often find myself "inventing" my own using things I find in my kitchen. Personality wise, I am a major goofball with a wicked sense of humor. Laughter is good for the soul. Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
hello I am Loops and I am definitely not new here but I havent been around for quite a while.Nice to see all these new faces and lots of the originals. I am heading for the advice now as I still need all the help I can get.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Hello to the veteran and new members

I've been reading the threads trying to get caught up to speed for just under 2 months. I'm exhausted but It was worth it.I've been rolling for a while but would like to find out what more I can do to get the best results possible for me.

I'm almost 50, recently divorced and a survivor of domestic violence. I'm still alive ( thanks to an act of God) and healing but determined to "live" instead of exist.

Years of stress has really taken it's toll on my health and body and most certainly my skin. I never had time to focus on my well being and I am here to do something for myself in hopes to build my confidence.

I am so impressed with the people here

I read that someone said that a particular product/procedure made them look less haggard.(kelieu maybe?) I really enjoyed that.

I raise my glass to looking LESS HAGGARD!
And...my deepest gratitude to all of you courageous people who are finding out what works.

#1 thing that works is AVOID and/or reduce as much STRESS as possible...in all forms.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jest,
welcome to the family. You have certainly been through the mill. Well done for getting out with your sanity in tact. I am sure you will find lots of support and help here for skin and just in general. There are some fabulous, knowledgable people here, always willing to step in with advice.
I have made excellent friends here.Some are no longer visiting EDS but I still speak everyday on MSN to one very good friend I met here back in the day. Lori

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I joined today & am overwhelmed at the amount of information on this forum - I'm looking for help sorting out the mass of anti-aging products out in the marketplace so I'm off to do some reading!
Jest

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Hi Jest,
welcome to the family. You have certainly been through the mill. Well done for getting out with your sanity in tact. I am sure you will find lots of support and help here for skin and just in general. There are some fabulous, knowledgable people here, always willing to step in with advice.
I have made excellent friends here.Some are no longer visiting EDS but I still speak everyday on MSN to one very good friend I met here back in the day. Lori

loopylori

What a thoughtful welcome! Thank you for your support.You are so right. I've done quite a bit of reading here and it's not just the information that's so valuable and impressive..it's the people that make it great.
Thank you.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I would like to introducing to this forum, myself Matin John. I am a regular reader to this forum. I found this forum very interesting and gain more knowledge to this forum. Hope friends are suggest me and cooperate about this topics. Thank you to accepting me as a member of to this community.

Thanks a lot
Matin John
sharonlee

Fri May 18, 2012 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here and just stopped in to introduce myself. I prefer to use natural products whenever possible.
emmess

Wed May 23, 2012 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, I am from Indonesia born of Chinese descent which makes me an Indo-chinese.With that, I am often being recognized as either Japanese or Korean for being too fair and I am really blessed with good skin except having a pretty oily T-zone. I am 27 and I am into anti-aging and maintaining my skin condition. I have strong interest in beauty products that could have come down from my mom who does own a beauty store selling beauty products back in my hometown and also having my education in the States which gave me so much exposure to the beauty world out there. My belief is 'there's no such thing as natural beauty. Only enhanced beauty' no offense to any of those around here who strongly believe in natural beauty!
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I was on this forum a few years ago, but didn't post for a while so I had to open a new account recently.
I have been into skin care for a long time, and have enjoyed reading your experiences and the information while I have been lurking here.
I love makeup, but use less of it now that I started DIY skin care products.
I look forward to making new friends here.
Alexya
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome back Alexya, glad to have you here! Very Happy

Adding my Hi and welcome to all that I neglected also! Embarassed

Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm lorna and just want to learn everything about how to take care of myself, physically and of course to be much prettier Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All, I am going to get involved instead of just lurking! I have learned so much here it is incredible! You all are the most informed group I have ever found on the internet! Thank you for passing on such great information. My face loves you and my pocketbook not so much!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |