Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
swirlingblklily

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
De-lurking . . .

I found this website a few months ago when I was doing a search for reviews for Obagi . . .

About me:

- 29 y.o. attorney, living in Northern California
- brown skin, black hair (in locks for the last several years), dk brown eyes
- combo/oily skin that's acne and hyperpigmentation-prone, even at my age. Crying or Very sad
- favorite makeup brands are Mac and Nars
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Jeez, Embarassed I've been a member and posting for almost 2 months now and never thought to introduce myself, sorry if I broke any "etiquette" - Jump in first and ask questions later, never read the manual unless I need to find out how to unlock my cell phone and never stop to ask for directions, that's me! Very Happy

I'm a 42 year old reformed sun-worshipper, divorced, no kids and living in the beautiful city of Huntington Beach, CA. Had acne/oily skin when I was a teen, skin cleared up when I started taking the pill and started breaking out about 7 years ago when I quit taking it.

I tried lots of drugstore/department store skincare brands until I finally settled on Murad. My skin is more clear than it ever has been [although it COULD STILL be better! ] except for the hormonal breakouts. Not until a couple years ago did I start to worry about those tiny little crowsfeet at the corner of my eyes and the forehead lines when I lift my brows in surprise Surprised

I found this forum a couple months ago when I was looking for sunscreens and have since become addicted Thank you!!! I used sunscreen on my face in a very casual manner for the last few years; but when I was diagnosed with skin cancer a couple months ago NOW I'm payin' attention. Exclamation I'm not so concerned about what I put on my arms, hands but at least I've found what I DON'T want on my face thanks to all the wisdom found on this forum.

Needless to say I'm a freak about slathering on the sunblock for my nephews and neices. Everyone got a tube of sunblock in their stocking this year! And to think about the good old days when I was a kid and we didn't know any better... we used to slather ourselves with baby oil and lay out on tin foil to get the golden glow Very Happy

Anyway, sorry to blather on, nice to meet you all and thank you EDS for hosting such a wonderful forum I can't tell you how much I have learned just browsing these threads.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Beth Ann
5% products discount

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote

Hello,
I've been a member for a number of months, but haven't posted yet. I have learned a ton about skin care, thank you all for such great information. I found your site while googling "wrinkles". No other site compares to the genuine information found here.

I'm 42 with fair skin, chronic mild rosacea, large pores on nose, eye wrinkles, laugh lines and an "11" that I wish I could erase. I think most everything is from sun damage. I was part of the era that did babyoil/iodine---what were we thinking???

I have been using a number of products that I learned about from this site and have seen a definate improvement in skin texture, still working on the wrinkles and "11".

Have a great New Year everyone! I hope you all achieve everything you want to in 2007! Very Happy

beth

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I've been lurking for about 3 weeks and decided to join about 10 days ago. It didn't take much for me to know I needed to be affiliated with this forum.
I am African-American, brown skinned, combination skin, prone to occasional break-outs, 42 years old and consider myself a make-up/skincare junkie.
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!
curlylaura
5% products discount

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi wave

A bit about me:
- I'm 25
- I live in the UK
- I have fair, acne prone and dry skin. It's very temperamental.
- I've been lurking for a week. I like all the information you have here, although some of the brands and products I've never heard of.

I'm just looking for ways to improve my skin and keep it looking good for a long time yet.

Laura
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
How do you insert a picture in your reply? I saw that done in a few posts. Pretty cool.
anysound
5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Hallo, everyone.

I've been a lurker for the past couple of months. I came here through a few references from MUA. I've made the reviews section from MUA and EDS as my official sources for consumer alert type things concerning skincare products. All the reviews and even the offhand remarks are valuable to me. I am so grateful for everyone's perspective. Thank you! (<-- Cannot express further virtual sincerity than that.) Very Happy
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
How do you insert a picture in your reply? I saw that done in a few posts. Pretty cool.

1) Signup for a Photobucket account.www.photobucket.com
2) Log-in and upload the image from your computer
3) The image should appear in your album
4) Under the image, it will say Url, Tag and Img
5) Copy the whole IMG address in the IMG box and paste it in EDS' message body
6) Submit your post

(This is from our forum member Anita)
pika8909

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone!
I've been reading the site for months ever since I heard about the JM eyelash age intervention.

I'm 24 with skin that likes to become dry randomly. I can't seem to pinpoint it to a trigger but I like to blame the weather!

I have a habit of looking for wrinkles on other people's faces - crow's feet more specificially. I know it's weird, but I think it's more of me being afraid of the day that I develop it.

I had two adorable kittens and one bunny! Happy New Year!
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I just joined today and I am loving it! There is some great advice on this forum and I am learning more about skin care/products.

A bit about me...

I'm 32 (turning 33 this year!)
Live in Vancouver, B.C.
Have fair, sensitive skin and very 'skin-conscious' (probably has a lot to do with having acne when I was a teenager and suffered endless comments from people).

Looking forward to communicating with you on the forum! Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to all of our recent members and those de-lurking Smile

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourselves!

5% products discount

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I have purchased from EDS but never found the forums until this week. I am so excited. I have tried countless products to fight my acne...Accutane helped for a while but has since worn off. I too have suffered comments about it from people who just don't understand. I'm on my 335th day in Iraq and my skin is a mess. I swear I smell like chlorine after a shower here. And the sand/dust is not helpful either.

I recently dumped a box FULL of all the products I tried out here that didn't work (Dr. Sebagh, Creme de la Mer, Neutrogena, Dove, Boots, Aveeno, Somme Institute, and more), but I am finding that the natural ones are better. In the past though, all I could find was natural products that didn't take into consideration what my skin actually needs I do love an egg white and yellow cornmeal mask when I'm home). So I'm so very hopeful again with some of the great recipes you all have posted. Already just doing a honey mask is helping...it's the only natural product I could find out here!

You all seem so wonderful and I imagine you all with such gorgeous skin so I am looking forward to learning more and any advice anyone has for a recovery plan when I get back from this long deployment.

Skin is broken out all along the jaw line, broken capillaries and dark circles under my eys, lips are dry and cracked, my hair has suffered from being pulled back every day, and my nails are WEAK!

Jennifer

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

When I found this board, I felt like I had died and gone to heaven! I am 37 years old, have two kids 9 and 2 years old. Originally from India, but Seattle has been home for the last 13 years.

So happy to 'meet' you all!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I joined a couple of weeks ago. I have been following the threads and ended up purchasing a NuFace because of it. Very Happy I am in my 40s, have very dry skin and it is a little pigmented due to growing up in Miami, FL. I currently live in Colorado where the winter air is just harsh on my skin. I picked the name Racecargirl because my husband and I race BMWs in the summer. Awesome sport. Just as expensive as reading these threads. Wink I look foward to contributing more and more.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
chessie
5% products discount

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Been lurking on these boards FOREVER, and loving all the information. Kept thinking that if I didn't post, I wouldn't spend as much money. Ha! THAT hasn't worked at all.

Anyway - even though I feel like I know most of the board regulars, this is my first post.

Hi, I'm chessie and I'm a product junkie Cool .
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Racecargirl wrote:
I picked the name Racecargirl because my husband and I race BMWs in the summer. Awesome sport. Just as expensive as reading these threads. Wink I look foward to contributing more and more.

While my husband doesn't technically race he does all sort of motorsports (time attacks, drifting, autocross and track days). I would have to say that DHs hobby is much more expensive than my skincare "hobby"!! And as most of you can guess my skincare budget is not exactly small! Wink
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
chessie wrote:
Kept thinking that if I didn't post, I wouldn't spend as much money. Ha! THAT hasn't worked at all.

Another trainee bankrupt! Laughing
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
JTLee wrote:
Hello everyone! I have purchased from EDS but never found the forums until this week. I am so excited. I have tried countless products to fight my acne...Accutane helped for a while but has since worn off. I too have suffered comments about it from people who just don't understand. I'm on my 335th day in Iraq and my skin is a mess. I swear I smell like chlorine after a shower here. And the sand/dust is not helpful either.

I recently dumped a box FULL of all the products I tried out here that didn't work (Dr. Sebagh, Creme de la Mer, Neutrogena, Dove, Boots, Aveeno, Somme Institute, and more), but I am finding that the natural ones are better. In the past though, all I could find was natural products that didn't take into consideration what my skin actually needs I do love an egg white and yellow cornmeal mask when I'm home). So I'm so very hopeful again with some of the great recipes you all have posted. Already just doing a honey mask is helping...it's the only natural product I could find out here!

You all seem so wonderful and I imagine you all with such gorgeous skin so I am looking forward to learning more and any advice anyone has for a recovery plan when I get back from this long deployment.

Skin is broken out all along the jaw line, broken capillaries and dark circles under my eys, lips are dry and cracked, my hair has suffered from being pulled back every day, and my nails are WEAK!

Jennifer

I was in Kuwait for a year. I swear I didn't look half way normal until I got back. I totally feel for you. I bought all sorts of products while I was there and I was just gross feeling all the time. Here is to hoping you make it back safe and start feeling like a girl and less like a soldier again!

Oh and here in my introduction...
My name is Sarah. I am 24. I live in Texas (not by choice). I have dark brown hair, ... brownish/greenish eyes (or throwup green depending who you ask), and fair skin. I had my daughter a year ago and my skin has been screaming in horror ever since. I am OVERWHELMED at the amount of information here and I hope that I can find something to transform my flaky yet oily acne prone skin into something I can stand to look at because right now I feel pretty hopeless about it. I am sick of buying products that do nothing for my skin or better yet give me an allergic reaction. Anyway, any help is appreciated! I am soo excited that I found this site.
JTLee
5% products discount

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:34 am      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth i'm sorry you had the same problems! some of these girls still have beautiful skin and are completely unaffected. Not fair! I just placed an order from EDS so hopefully I can go home looking a little better...these scars are going to need some big guns though...haha.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wish! I looked like a guy when I was done. It was that bad. I do wish the weight loss had stuck lol. I haven't placed an order yet. Still trying to figure it all out. I really should because my face... man its bad.
ColaDrink
5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I'm one of the new members.

I'm 30 years old with normal to oily skin. I don't wear a lot of make up but I do put lots of skincare care on my face. I do drink cola drink ... A LOT!
tadlh7
5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I've been posting a little so I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Traci and I'm a soon to be 33 year old (in may) working, married, mom of 2 in NC.
I am a Senior applications developer for a big financial company but work from home one day a week and have every other Friday off so it's not too bad. My son Lane is 3 and my daughter Hallie is 13 months. I've been married to my hubby for 5.5 years but together for 10.
I have been looking to start a good skin care regimen. I have dryer skin so never had problems with breakouts but now that I'm getting up in my 30's I'm starting to notice some of the signs of past damage and hints of crowe's feet. uggg. lol.

I have learned some great things just lurking on the sight!
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi all -

I am long time lurker and have just started posting. I have learned alot in browsing in this forum and want to say I appreciate that so may people are willing to share their secrets. This forum gives off open, accepting, and positive vibes, making this a pleasant place to visit and learn.

About me: late 30s, mother, wife, professional, career-changer, recently went back to school to pursue the sciences (biology and chemistry).

pachouli
slai
5% products discount

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!! Very Happy

Im new although i have been reading up on the many reviewed products in the last week.
I think i stumbled apon this site when i was looking for some eyelash growth serums and ever since ive been hooked.
This site is like a beauty bible! Surprised

A lil about me:
Im a 23 y/o, Working and living in Sydney, AUS. I am of oriental background and have combination skin. I feel that i can never win with it. Sad so im still searching for my skin care regime. I also wish to have longer eyelashes and healthier thick hair at the moment its thin and theres not much of it Crying or Very sad (im not baldng... its just always been like that)

I would love to try these new products that all of you are findind success with but im not sure which site to buy them from, because theyre all overseas. please help me ... and recommend site to which ship to Australia. oh and do not have a shipping cost of like $50.
Ive been trying to find a site for Burt's Bees products that ships here. Question
Gattina
5% products discount

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Maybe it would be appropriate for me to introduce myself too... Though I'm shy. Very Happy
I'm from Finland and I'm 19 years old. I've been lurking here for a while already and finally decided that I should register.
I have combination skin which has gone crazy lately... so that's one of the reasons I came here. I love EDS Skin Care Forums! One thing that bugs me though is that most of the products recommended here are not available where I live. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |