Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Zenbiotic Shampoo & Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
My problem: Hair loss, itchy scalp, lifeless (but shiny) hair

History: My scalp started to itch about two months ago, after I've been using Dove shampoo & conditioner for about a month. That's when I first heard about SLS from other forum members and began my search for a SLS free shampoo (which is not extending into shower gel, hand soap etc).

My itchy scalp has improved about 90% since using SLS free shampoo (Giovanni & Abba), though every now and then after washing my hair, my head still itches and I'm still losing lots of hair. That's why I decided to give Zenbiotics a try, since I enjoy using their skincare line so much.

Shampoo description: The formulation blended for the Shampoo contains herbal extracts combined with our catalyst and nutrient delivery technology to produce thick, healthy hair and reduce hair loss by 20% or more after 3 weeks of continual use. The Shampoo deeply cleans the hair and scalp while leaving no residue and clears pores and hair follicles of debris for increased oxygenation and improved circulation. Our Shampoo does not just produce healthier hair; it also creates silky, manageable hair by moisturizing the scalp and smoothing the cuticles

What I think of the shampoo: It's clear gel with a slightly watery consistency. The instruction says it's good for daily use and to a quarter sized amount. I have shoulder length hair, and a quarter size amount is definitely not enough. The shampoo does not lather well and therefore, is hard to distribution evenly on head and hair. So I was never sure my hair was clean. I sent my concerns to Robert at Zenbiotics, and this was his response..

"The shampoo will lather but you need to use more of it. Too much of it is not going to present a problem. Use the shampoo once a month to rinse out all of the impurities and shampoo residue of other shampoos - at this, it excels. For everyday use, men with short hair love it. Try using the shampoo as a Face & Body Cleanser in the shower, its about 95% identical to the the Cleanser as is."

So I guess he is implying if I don't like it for daily use, then use it as a deep cleanser every once in a while. Or give it to a man with short hair? I can't test out its claim of reducing hair loss 20% in 3 months because there absolutely no way I will have the patience with this product for that long. Overall, not impressed. rating: 3/10

Conditioner description: The Hair Conditioner was designed to add nutrients and moisture to dry, damaged and color treated hair. The perfect companion for our Shampoo, the combination creates silky, soft, lustrous and manageable hair.

What I think of the conditioner: It a clear brown gel that is slightly watery. Again, because of it's consistency, I find it extremely difficult to use in the shower and distribution evenly on my hair. The instruction also says that we should rinse it out in very COLD water, which is impossible when we're approaching winter here on the east coast. After using this for 3 days, my hair became EXTREMELY static. So much so I even had to pull out my hated pantene leave-in conditioner to help tame the flying hair. So again, I emailed Zenbiotic, and their response..

"A hair finish after shower product will need to be applied to get rid of the frizz and static effect. The conditioner is provided for scalp nourishment rather than for hair finish. I really do wish we had a product that helped in this area more".

Needless to say, I'm a little surprised at his response. What is a conditioner that doesn't condition the hair? In fact, his comment contradicts the description on their website.
Overall rating: 2/10

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I had a feeling that their hair products would not perform.. since most *natural*, as in PURELY natural products lack the lather of the typical plant based shampoos.

Their shampoo must be very stripping if it is leaving your hair static, and the conditioner may not have enough substance to penetrate into the scalp or hair shaft...

I was keen to try their hair regrowth formulas, but I doubt I will try their hair products anytime soon. (Still loving their skincare though!)

Thanks for the review Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, Amaska! I guess I'll be sticking with their skincare products, then. For your itchy scalp, have you tried some kind of oil massage before your shower? Recently, I've been massaging oil into my scalp and then washig it out in the shower and it's been clearing the itchies right up. Both jojoba and camellia oil work well, also recently since I'm not currently using PSF's Balancing Oil on my face I tried it on my scalp and it worked wonders!!! I emptied some of the PSF Balancing Oil into a dropper bottle for ease of application. Actually, last night I was cleaning out my cabinet and I noticed that one of my sample bottles of Decleor Iris oil had a crack in the lid, so since I worried about it going bad, I dumped the sample into the dropper bottle with my Balancing Oil, and then rubbed that mixture into my scalp, and it worked better than ever, so... it's a weird combo, but I'm glad I stumbled onto it. Keep us updated!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |