Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
UK people - shampoo recs no cones no proteins
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm back in the UK after 5 years of living abroad and don't know the products anymore. I really hate talking about hair and shampoo it bores me witless unlike skin stuff, but I'm in desperate need of something non-damaging for my ultra fine, curly/wavy, totally absorbant and even more so now it's greying hair. I went round a couple of shops but couldn't find anything without proteins. Any recs for something I can pick up here (no silicones, no proteins) cheap or expensive - ANYTHING! HELP!
Thanks Molly Cool
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly, I've spent a lot of time looking up products recently in the forum and from what I've read, it seems like you had a bit of a rough time abroad. I was actually really upset when reading a few anecdotes posted by you of your experiences. I hope you're happy to be back! I'm happy for you! I don't know of any protein free conitioners, I don't use 'cones either. Will you tell me why you don't use conditioners with proteins? I was under the impression they were good for hair Mad I can't seem to get anything right Wink Thanks.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,
It's good to see you.
Very Happy
I have just bought bought Wella SP Hydra and I really like it - I have fine hair which gets weighed down very easily.

I also like Fudge Dynamite (a mixture of protein and moisture).

I'm not sure how natural these are though as in no cones.

Aveda is another brand I really like.
Emma x
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Will you tell me why you don't use conditioners with proteins? I was under the impression they were good for hair

Hi Deleated - I think it very much depends on your hair type whether proteins are good or not. Some hair types are not absorbant and the proteins coat the hair and make it shiny and smooth. It works wonders on Chinese hair, for example, but wavy, curly hair tends to be absorbant which is why it puffs up and waves more in humid weather whereas the chinese hair looks lank and drippy - the water in the air absorbs into mine and sits on theirs. Proteins tend to absorb into my hair and make it straight, frizzy and ultra dry for me.
As far as my time in China goes; I've had me ups and I've had me downs. I tend to resort to EDS when I'm having my downs. Maybe gives a slightly distorted impression Embarassed It is nice to be back though. I really feel the food and environment is so much healthier. The people are kind of strange though Laughing

Thanks Emma, but I'm definitely looking to try a no proteins, no cones approach, but I'll read the bottles of your stuff if I come across it. Fine hair's certainly tricky.
Annapurna
5% products discount

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I am not a great fan of the Body Shop but I have been using the Honey Shampoo and I think it's great. I think I first saw it recommended here as a sulfate free option.

I too have fine wavy hair and this does the trick for me. I'm not settled on a good conditioner at the moment so can't help you there.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
The honey shampoo made my hair fluffy - I really wanted it to be good for me as it smelt yummy.
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Check outwww.mophair.com , they do a nice range of organic shampoos and conditiioners. Don't know if they have cones or proteins, but they sound really nice, with lots of natural ingredients. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

Welcome back to the Uk. I am sure that your 5 years abroad was a great experience in a different environment...will take you time to get used to Britain again though. Sorry your welcome was dark skies with winter drawing in!

Do have a look at Body Shop/Lush/Neals Yard.
They all have online sites where you can look at all the shampoos, conditioners and hair treatments before you head to the shop to check them out for yourself.

I have dabbled with Body Shop tea tree oil shampoo which i use really for invigorating the scalp; Lush HS wan cult treatment and Neals Yard Coconut/Jojoba shampoo. None of these are my regular shampoo though so I can't comment on how good/bad or ugly there are.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Louise Marie Longhairs. Definitely no silicones in her line but some of the conditioners are protein. She has a very extensive line, you'll end up using several different shampoos and conditioners once she works with you to get your routine sorted.

She does work with you one on one and adjusts your product prescription based on your feedback to her. You can call the shop, make an appointment to ring her, then you can discuss your concerns with her directly and get a good place to start.

http://www.longhairs.com/

It is a lot of work but I have the best hair I've ever had now.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the suggestions, but I really want to walk into a shop here and buy something or at least order from a UK website and I'm not sure I'm ready for a 'Hairgasm' Stellamaris (food for thought though Laughing). I tried the Bodyshop honey one last summer and it's OK, but a bit puffy/straightening.

Anyway, I found some good UK resources online so I'll post them in case anyone else is looking.

Here are two lists of cone free, easy to get, conditioners/shampoos in the UK
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44650
http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=11
It's quite a list, but I'm on a mission here Wink

and online I think I might try the Jessicurl samples from
http://www.curlyco.co.uk/acatalog/shopping.html
and I'm told this vitamin one from Greenpeople is good for curlies
http://www.greenpeople.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=6f202788-140e-4f82-8527-abf0fdc1a233&CategoryID=6edcc635-0e7c-4407-a1ea-61257354e356

Plus from the shops I'm going to try:
Original Source: Almond and coconut conditioner (Tesco/Superdrug)
Australian Organics Herbal Conditioner (Holland & Barratts)
Original Source: Tangerine & Bergamot shampoo
Boots coconut & almond oil intensive conditioner

I've just started using Folligen on one side of my head too so we'll see if that helps
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |