Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

something terrible is happening to me now :-(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Salster--I just now found this thread, and read it beginning to end. I feel so much like I know you now!!! When I was reading that your blood tests came back well, my heart leapt with joy. And then the menopause test negative, double hooray!!!! But when I read about the chest xray part, I started bawling my eyes out. You sound like you have been through so much, and deserve all of the happiness in the world.

I just want to say, as hard as it is not to assume the worst, try. Stress is the worst thing that we can do to our bodies and minds (and faces!) Try to rest as much as possible, and love on those kitties! You are NOT going anywhere!

You have all of my love and best wishes and please let us know how you are doing and what the doctors say, because even though none of us have ever met, we care about you!

<damn I hate crying at work>

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mper1327

thank you so much for your kindness and such caring words. I know it could be anything and my family are all rallying around me and trying to reassure me. Apart from always being on the end of bad luck rather than good luck making me think negative and worry its because ive also had a discomfortunder my arm and on my left side. Sometimes its slightly painful but most of the time it is like I am aware of some kind of discomfort there. I suffer alot with heartburn and sometimes on breathing in deeply my chest would hurt. Now im wondering if it was my chest and probably my lungs. I guess im looking far too much into it bt ive just got such a terrible feeling about all this. WhenI was having the other tests and menopause test i part of me was expecting it to be ok but this time, i dont know, .... maybe its just worry and because im petrified that is making me feel this way.

Maybe when I see the consultant on Thursday he will be able to tell me a bit more even before further investigations.

It is so comforting to have you and all the ladies here on EDS. Ive become to feel they are all good friends and they have always given me such tremendous advice and encouragement..... and for someone like me I dont think anyone will know exactly how much that has meant to me.

I hope, mper1327 , that your day at work is going ok and thank you once again
xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mper1327

Just wanted to say, ive just taken a look at your site from the thread with everyones photos and you look truely amazing. It makes your words to me extra special... thank you x

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I read your post from the beginning, and I am sending my best wishes/ I know it is hard, but you need to try to stop worrying, as this will not change anything and the stress can make you feel worse.

The spot can be anything, as one of the other posters mentioned.

Please come and post here when you are feeling down rather than worrying or crying. Or call your friends. Perhaps try a walk or some relaxation techniques and make sure you are eating well. Turn on a comedy, or something that you know will make you laugh. (laughter releases endorphins which make you feel better)

I had a "spot" on my last mammogram, and needed to go for special exams - It turned out to be benign, but I know how it can feel waiting for the results of more tests. I share with you thing that helped me

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
salster68 I know you must be scared. I pray that you come back from seeing the doctor with good news for your friends here at EDS. A few years ago a spot showed up on my husbands lungs. We were a wreck....it was a scar from a bad upper respiratory infection he had in the past.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Winnie
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sally, thank you so much for the compliment

But also keep in mind that you are pretty amazing as well.Something I wanted to ask, and pleeeaaassse don't take this the wrong way, but has your doctor or psych ever mentioned Body Dismorphic Disorder? It basically means that you look in the mirror and see a totally different person than others do. You are a very attractive lady, you know, and I keep hearing that you can't stand to look at yourself in the mirror. This just makes me worry, because one of my best friends had this disorder, along with anorexia (which she too thankfully overcame)would also do the same thing. She was also a beautiful woman, and skinnier than me, but she would still find faults that no one else can see. I know from watching her that it can cause so much personal agony, and that there's help. Also, are you taking anything for the depression? I just want you to be happy, and recognize yourself for who you are: a very pretty lady!

You have to really keep your head up, and I am sooooo very thankful that you have family and friends who are near to give you love. Things always are better when you have a good support network!

Like I said, you have my

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and LONG DISTANCE HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sally, I just read your thread. I am sorry that you're going through this. It must be awful to wake up one day and not knowing what happened to your face. I hope your doctor will take good care of you and fix this problem right away. Please keep us posted, and make sure your doctor is diligent about getting you back on track. (Some doctors aren't very good about that.)
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi mper1327

I do have a very bad self image and people are always saying to me I dont see what others do. Just like how I was with anorexia. I actually first started dieting because I used to say to myself - you can be pretty and big but not ugly and big - so it was like because I couldnt get rid of the ugliness I concentrated on staying extra thin. I was never actually very big in the first place. I think the most I have ever weighed is about 8 1/2 stone. Its crazy how we think and see things. They say you cant expect others to love you if you dont love yourself and that is probably why I was in a relationship for 13 1/2 years where my ex was always with other girls and eventually I caught him with someone at our house. That in itself has knocked the last bit of confidence out of me especially as she was only 17. This is something else I need to get over and move on from. Fingers crossed after this little bit of stress im having at the moment I will do just that.

Thank you Winnie, Swissmiss and Cherrise for all your kind wishes and support too. Im a proper nusiance to you all hey Embarassed

By the way Winnie - how is everything going with you............ I hope you have had a full and speedy recovery
xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sally, you are soooooooooooooooo not ugly!!!!! I know that may be how you see yourself, but no one else sees you that way! I just wish that you could see what we see, a very beautiful woman with a great heart!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
ah thank you. All these compliments and all from such beautiful ladies not just on the outside but on the inside too. Everyone here is so amazing and caring beyond words could ever say.

Thank you mper1327 and everyone else for all your kindness support and encouragement. Just all these words have lifted my spirits more than you all could imagine

my love to you all
xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
You are so very welcome! And don't forget to update us on Thursday. I will be keeping my eyes glued to this thread!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

Hey its great great news. I am so relieved.... I dont have anything life threatening. I saw a consultant today who gave me a thorough examination. The patch on my lung is, I think he said, on the part that joins my lung and heart. Apparently I have lymph nodes that have come up in my body and this is why I am getting the discomfort. He doesnt think i have anything to really worry about and that it could be due to an infection that I have had for some time... hence the unwell feeling, hot flushes, night sweats etc. I am having two CT Scans done next thursday, one on my chest and one on my stomach as that is where he can feel them. He just wants to make certian.

I cant thank everyone enough for all their support and such kind words you have all given me. Ive been so deeply touched by everyone here. Ill never forget anyones kindness

I will let you know what goes on next Thursday but im quite confident all is well now. I feel quite daft (yet again) for being so worried over something silly.

Love to you all

Sally
xxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on pins & needles, I can imagine how you felt..Oh, my God I'm so relieved!! Very Happy Very Happy Take care now & treat yourself to something!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Sally,

Thank you so much for the wonderful new. You have been on my mind. I can't imagine how relieved you and your family must be. Try to relax and enjoy the upcoming weekend.

Winnie
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sally
I am so happy for you. Somehow I have missed this thread recently & didn't realise you were going through this worry. So glad it is nothing life threatening.
I am sending you hugs & love & best wishes.

Take care Lori xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sally,

so so happy for you!!!!

Best of luck,
Lucy.

P.S. Please, give us an update next Thursday.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!!!! Sally, I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

How do they treat that pesky little lymph node? Think

Let me do my little happy dance for you: Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thank goodness, I have been thinking of you.
Take care.
Mo
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
YAAAAAY!!!!!! That is so good to hear!!!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Sally, I'm so pleased to hear that everything is ok! Of course you were worried, anyone would be - it's not silly at all, perfectly natural so don't go beating yourself up.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all so very very much. I have never felt so scared as i did this past week but now I can not stop smiling. It certainly is good news and such a wonderful relief. Im certainly feeling very very luck.

All you ladies have given me such comfort and never ending kindness I really can not ever tell you how your words and the care you have shown has touched me. Even though we only speak here on EDS I truely have found some special friends here - thank you

I will let you all know how Thursday goes.

Love to you all

Sally
xxx

5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sally,

I am so thrilled and happy for you! YIPPEE Very Happy

Elise
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad to hear it's nothing serious, Sally!!!
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
So thrilled and happy for you! Laughing Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |