Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My areas of expertise....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
OK, I was a little bit overwhelmed with the amount of topics that came up from my intial post. I do enjoy the conversation and I'll try to answer as many as I can, but remember, I'm also working two jobs and chat on other forums as well. I'll do my best to answer your questions, just be patient with me....

Now, to make things more focused, I'll list the areas that I feel strong in discussing, as well as the areas that I am weak in answering.

Strengths:

Formulas that included:
Color Cosmetics
Creams and Lotions
Scrubs
Suncare Products
Most Hair Care Products
Cleansers and Toners
Stick Products
Oils and Emollients
Gel Products

I am also strong when dealing with most common raw materials used in cosmetics and personal care products.

Weakness:

What I am weak in is some of the new specialized ingredients that are coming out. These would be additives such as peptides, ceramides, AHAs, and BHAs, extracts of all types, and things like that. There are just too many of them out there for me to learn about them all. I'm trying to catch up as fast as I can, but there is only so much I can absorb in a day.

One other thing, if you have a specific question I think it would be best to post it as a "New Topic" with my "JCH" initials in the subject line. In that way, we could keep the discussion specific to that topic in a single thread. And, everyone could benefit from the discussion without having to dig too deep, several pages into a monster thread.

OK, I'm ready.....

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting us know what areas you feel most comfortable discussing. It is too bad that peptides are not one of your areas of expertise since I have several questions about them. I did note that you use Dermaxyl in formulas so there is at least one peptide that you must be very comfortable with. Are there any others? Because if they are then I can feel free to ask questions on those too!

Also what exactly would you classify as a common raw material? Perhaps you can list a few examples so I know what you mean by this term. Thanks.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
By common ingredients I mean typical emollients, emulsifiers, surfactants, pigments, humectants, occlusives, thickeners, gelling agents and things like that which make typical cosmetics and consumer products.

It would be quite a huge list, so let's just say that if it is in the CTFA dictionary I have probably at least heard of it, if not tried it in formulas.

It's just the new "botanicals from the Amazon" and "extracts from the sea" and all these wild new active ingredients that companies are coming up with that I haven't tried yet.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Ok just so I don't ask you a stupid question in the future, do I understand this right? Your knowledge is in non-antiaging stuff (creams, tanning products, ect), and you sell this stuff as well. And u'd like to learn more about the actives for anti-aging, that we all use.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
MM, I can see your confusion here. I do make anti-age and anti-wrinkle type products, but I use natural oils, waxes, and some of the new ingredients out on the market to do it. For instance I do use Dermaxyl in my anti-age cream. What I should clear up is that I am not completely familiar with ALL of the new anti-age and anti-wrinkle ingredients that are comming out on the market these days. Virtually everyday I get a lot of e-mails from the different suppliers on ingredients like this. Just now I got one from Ross Chemicals in California that talks about 10 new berry extracts from the Amazon rain forrest! Do I have time to read about and investigate all 10...probably not right now! And there are thousands more like this coming out all the time.

So, right now I stick to the basics, and the materials I know best. I also know that materials like these have a lot of real life testing data behind them to back them up. No doubt there are probably some good new ingredients out there. I'll catch up to them eventually and if I like what they offer (and the price is right) I'll formulate them into products.

I'm learning, just like everyone else here. That's why I say if there is a product you like, share it with us and tell us what the active ingredient is so that I can learn about it. I'll keep you guys informed about what I learn from my colleagues in the industry as well.

John

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |