Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Rave: homemade “Pearl Paste” + Hpjrt's Recipes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi marina,

You know ... as soon as I hit the "submit" button my tiny little brain thought "Oops! I fogot to mention Vitamin C serum!" Laughing

Actually, like ParisTroika's antioxidant spray, Vitamin C serum will is also OK to put on prior to Pearl Paste. Very Happy

So I'll amend my routine bit and put:

1. cleanse & tone
    2. Vitamin C or antioxidant serum
    3. Pearl Paste
    4. everything else

Pearl Paste tightens the skin ... and thus the pores. Over time, I've noticed a real difference in my pores. Now ... don't get me wrong ... Pearl Paste isn't a miracle, so it won't actually reduce the size of your pores ... [nothing can as far as I know]... but that tightening action does make them appear smaller.

As long as your pores are clean ... and you exfoliate sometimes ... Pearl Paste will help your pores look great.

I find that my whole face looks firmer and stays looking firmer all day long.

I even put Pearl Paste on my eyelids ... particularly just below the brow ... and it really seems to tighten up that skin!

Now ... knowing what's in my own Pearl Paste, I'm not worried about my Pearl Paste on my eyes. I use it all around my eyes ... even under [although I generally follow with a drop of Rosehip Seed Oil at the corners and under my eye after application of Pearl Paste there].

I've noticed just lately that I don't look as "jowelly" [I don't think that's an actual word ... Laughing ... but you know what I mean] any more.

Now bear in mind that I've been using Pearl Paste since last February ... and because it's my own concoction, I haven't had to deal with what might happen if I run out of it and have to stop using it! Laughing So while I think that these changes aren't just "temporary" ... [and while Diane Keaton's commercials for L'Oreal's calcium cream says that calcium helps to "redensify" your skin] ... I don't know that for sure.

HTH

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
You know, now that you mention it, I noticed firmness as well -not the lifting dmae type tightening firmness (I use that too-need all ammunition)-but the 'I can bounce a dime off my face' type firmness. I'm so eloquent today Embarassed This stuff certainly is intriguing. Thank you
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
'I can bounce a dime off my face'

Laughing Now there's a visual! Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
marina wrote:
'I can bounce a dime off my face'

Laughing Now there's a visual! Laughing

Mary

Ouch! That would hurt like the dickens! Laughing
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
... Pearl Paste tightens the skin ... and thus the pores. Over time, I've noticed a real difference in my pores. Now ... don't get me wrong ... Pearl Paste isn't a miracle, so it won't actually reduce the size of your pores ... [nothing can as far as I know]... but that tightening action does make them appear smaller.

As long as your pores are clean ... and you exfoliate sometimes ... Pearl Paste will help your pores look great. ...

She's right, girls. When I put the Pearl Cream on under my MMU, my skin feels like silk plus my MMU goes on like silk and my skin looks so refined and quite a bit firmer. I'm going to start really using it along my jawline to see what it does as far as tightening that up, too.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mermaidgirl,

I put Pearl Paste not only along the jawline ... but on my neck as well.

When we age, it's often our neck that shows age before our face ... so don't forget your lovely neck when you're putting Pearl Paste on!

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mary, can we put the pearl paste directly under our eyes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Salli,

I do ... and then I put a bit of Rosehip Seed Oil on top of it.

Now I've never had a problem with either under eye dark circles ... or puffiness ... so I don't know how it works with either of those problems.

I just find that it firms up the skin ... even there. Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mary this may seem like an odd question but since the pearl paste/cream tightens (and yes I can really feel it when I am only applying very little as directed) do you think it will end up increasing the chance of wrinkles for those who are young like me that already have plump/tight skin? I'm asking this because sometimes immediately after application when I smile I can see those tiny tiny lines on my face. I've been applying less and less so the feeling of it tightening is barely there anymore (which is good because it was uncomfortable before) but I still see those tiny lines.

Also thanks for your advice, I tried using my Pearl Cream directly after my Vit C and HA and it seems fit better there. Maybe the balling up is due to too much layering before. I now use my oil and acne stuff and moisturizer afterwards.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi sormuimui,

Not an odd question ... but I don't think that's a problem. That tight feeling ... the pore tightening ... just keeps things firm. Once the oils from your skin begin to meld with the Pearl Paste, that feeling disappears ... so I suspect that while it keeps your pores looking smaller ... it doesn't actually affect the moisture levels of the area under your skin. Wrinkles aren't surface problems ... the problem lies beneath the skin where the collagen is produced. Those of us who are older don't have the same cell turnover as do you younger women ... and it's the cell turnover that encourages collagen production ... and a slowing down of collagen production is what ends up being wrinkles. Crying or Very sad

Now ... I could be wrong, but Pearl has been used for hundreds of years as a beauty prep for both young and old.

HTH

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui--i know what you mean by the small wrinkles. i notice the same thing when i add too much seakelp bioferment to my moisturizer. i have not noticed the same effects with the pearl creme since i usually pile on my jojoba or camellia oil or another moisturizer.

it is my opinion that the tightening would seem to cause wrinkles later on down the line if you can see wrinkles when you smile. so to be safe, if your skin can take it, apply another layer of something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. Since I changed my regime from Mary's suggestions above I now use the Pearl Cream right after my Vit C and HA. Sometimes I use oil on top and then my acne gel and then my Cream 15. The oil depending on whether I feel I need the extra moisture. It seems to be doing a lot better than before and I don't get the balling up anymore. I also get a lot less tightness than before.

But I was really curious about the effects of tightening/firming of younger skin that don't have wrinkle/sagging problems.
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Question Are "Pearl Creme" and "Pearl Paste" the same?
TIA,
Joanne
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Pearl Cream (or Creme) is what CareKate is now calling her product (which she has tweeked a bit) in order to distinguish it from the Original Pearl Paste that Mary created.

I JUST got my full size from CareKate. It's a completely different texture than my sample (maybe because my sample was so small..I don't know) but this is soooo creamy and goes on with no balling up (unlike my sample, which has little globs of something in it).
This has been almost whipped into a creamy concoction of pearly goodness. I love it...it glides on so much better...and I truly loved my sample!
I used it last night when I went out and it kept the oilies at bay. I've made sure to put it right next to my skin, per CareKate's recommendation. I'll then put my I Feel Pretty healing serum on spots. I'm never left with oily residue. Then I put on my makeup. It goes on so much better. I was contemplating buying LM's primer, but with this, I'm not going to need anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Paris--your sample sounds like the formula separated. my jar is actually like your sample, i wonder if eventually it will happen to your jar too.

For those of you who might attempt the recipe, i recommend getting the pearl powder from Garden of Wisdom. I just bought some pearl powder and it is very finely ground, it is actually a fine powder. I am glad because I don't have a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder. The price of GoW is a tad more expensive that the site carekate listed which was 1 oz for $7 while GoW has 1 oz for $8.20. I am not sure if Markey will give discounts for larger quantities as TKB trading will though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Paris--your sample sounds like the formula separated. my jar is actually like your sample, i wonder if eventually it will happen to your jar too.

Did your jar start like mine? It's very creamy, almost fluffy texture. It won't be the end of the word if it separates...but it definitely doesn't have the globules in it. I love it regardless...loved my sample, globs or no globs Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
i would say it's fluffy still but there are lumps that form but they are easily smashed and it doesn't bother me since i use pearl powder mainly at night. come to thibk of it, i think the longer i have had it, the more lumps tend to form. but i love it a lot so i will deal with it Smile.

lately, i have been purchasing so many good products (seakelp bioferment, liquid kelp) that i wished i had more than one face to apply stuff too Laughing .

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi skincareaddicted & ParisTroika,

From my experience, the "lumps" form when the pearl and the liquid haven't been blended long enough ... or when there hasn't been enough liquid. There is a very fine line, when making this stuff, between "just enough" and "too much" water. However, the pearl amazing absorbtion properties so that even when mixed, it continues to absorb the water in the mix.

As far as the pearl powder not being fine enough ... it's a moot point as far as the Pearl Paste is concerned. Pearl powder is water soluble ... which means it dissolves in water. It doesn't matter whether it's coarse or fine ... it dissolves.

It's for my Silk and Pearl Primer Powder and Carekate's Silk Dust [virtually the same recipe] that the finer powder is necessary.

Any lumps in Carrie's Pearl Paste isn't because of the coarseness of the pearl powder ... but because it a touch more "water" was needed when it was mixed.

HTH

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Pearl Cream (or Creme) is what CareKate is now calling her product (which she has tweeked a bit) in order to distinguish it from the Original Pearl Paste that Mary created.

I JUST got my full size from CareKate. It's a completely different texture than my sample (maybe because my sample was so small..I don't know) but this is soooo creamy and goes on with no balling up (unlike my sample, which has little globs of something in it).
This has been almost whipped into a creamy concoction of pearly goodness. I love it...it glides on so much better...and I truly loved my sample!
I used it last night when I went out and it kept the oilies at bay. I've made sure to put it right next to my skin, per CareKate's recommendation. I'll then put my I Feel Pretty healing serum on spots. I'm never left with oily residue. Then I put on my makeup. It goes on so much better. I was contemplating buying LM's primer, but with this, I'm not going to need anything.

This sounds wonderful!! I have been trying to be patient waiting for CareKate to respond to my request but I am so excited to try this!! I sent her a PM maybe 10-14 days ago; does anyone know how long it takes for her to respond? (I know her online time is limited...The weird thing is that my post sat in my outbox for over a week and is gone now, but it isn't in my sent box either. I can't find it anywhere. How do I know if she got it??? Sad ).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Did your jar start like mine? It's very creamy, almost fluffy texture. It won't be the end of the word if it separates...but it definitely doesn't have the globules in it. I love it regardless...loved my sample, globs or no globs Wink

I received a sample of Carries Pearl Cream recently. I was pleasantly surprised. Actually, I thought it was for younger skin. Shock Loved the silky consistency of the cream and how my skin looked after application.

My concern: If I order a full size jar will the consistency change and get lumpy or separate? This is my first dealing with Pearl Cream. Sorry, I did not read the whole thread. Embarassed
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,

I developed and have been using Pearl Paste ... the basis for Carrie's Pearl Cream ... for over a year now. I generally make enough to last me several months ... and it's never separated or become "lumpy" provided that the intial mixing of it was long enough ... and there was enough liquid to dissolve all the pearl powder.

Now I know that Carrie has added a few things that my original Pearl Paste doesn't have in it ... although since her concentration of pearl powder to liquid [water] seems to be about the same ... so I would expect that your experience with hers would be similar to experience with my own.

I'm going to be selling my original version of Pearl Paste in the very near future ... just have to receive a few of the things I ordered [which should have been here ... oh ... I figure at least a week ago! Crying or Very sad ]
before I "launch" it with a few other pearl and silk formulations I've come up with.

Far from being developed for younger skin ... I actually developed it for myself ... and I'm 55! Laughing I don't think Pearl Paste precludes younger skin ... my step-daughter uses and loves it and she's in her late 20's ... but I developed it for my own skin.

I've been very happy with the results of the Pearl Paste and the other "companion" products I have developed over the last year. I've found that Pearl has done some wonderful things for my more mature skin. Very Happy

HTH

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:

I'm going to be selling my original version of Pearl Paste in the very near future ... just have to receive a few of the things I ordered [which should have been here ... oh ... I figure at least a week ago! Crying or Very sad ]
before I "launch" it with a few other pearl and silk formulations I've come up with.

Mary - do you have a list?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rjez,

I have a list ... but haven't yet finalized pricing. However, I should have the list plus the pricing worked out within a week or so.

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary,

Please send me a copy of your list when it's ready. Thanks.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Mary,

Could I also get a copy of your product list when you've finished it? I've been reading all the posts about your pearl paste and would love to try it. Thanks so much.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |