Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Rave: homemade “Pearl Paste” + Hpjrt's Recipes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mary,
Its just a hand-held tiny mixer for drinks or soups. Much better than just using my hands. I can't say the pearl powder completely dissolved though....but I love pearl powder! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
rofl... well... there ya go...

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Care Kate!

I think I am going to try making the pearl paste myself--I would like to try it with silk powder too--do you think I should just even amounts of each to make 5 teaspoons? What ratio/amounts would you suggest for using both pearl and silk?

Thanks!
Kim
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to make a spritz with the TONS of pearl powder that I've got laying around. How much pearl powder should I use per 1 oz of distilled water??

Are the ingredient ratios the same for both water & cream. Ie. you would add the same amt of pearl powder to 4oz of water as you would to a 4oz jar of cream?? Sorry if that's a lame question. I'm a complete newbie to this DIY stuff.
MichelleH
5% products discount

Sun May 06, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I just read through this entire post and saw several times people asking for the difference in the two (Pearl Cream/Paste) and it didn't seem like there was ever a really clear answer. I know Carrie is MIA, but can any of you that actually HAVE the Pearl Cream from her, post the ingredients? I too would really like to know the difference, other than "one's a cream and one's a paste"! LOL! Or better yet, does anyone actually know the recipe? If she does decide not to continue selling it, it would be great to just be able to make your own. Especially those that it seems to help so much!

Michelle
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Michelle,
If you want to purchase a sample of the original pearl cream, you can visitwww.silkenpearl.com
Silken pearl also has more than one version depending on you skin's needs.

I'm searching high and low right now because I could have sworn for the life of me a pearl cream recipe was posted to the forum at one point...

But then again, maybe I'm just imagining it!

I'll keep looking!

5% products discount

Sun May 06, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Yep got it. It's great! I just was curious as to what the actual differences are.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika, the first post in this thread has something resembling a recipe...
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking about writing about this in the raves forum, but it would probably be moved to this section. As others have mentioned about these products in this thread, I have been using Mary's pearl paste and hydrating mist (also made from pearl & silk) for about 2 months now and I have to say I just love these products!! I will purchasing these over and over again from her! For starters, my skin used to get cysts and bad breakouts during a certain time of the month, and sometimes just because it felt like it and I also had uneven skin tone. I now no longer get those cysts and very rarely see a pimple, my skin tone is pretty even, my pores have diminished and my skin is just looking great for once! I've been using this paste 2x/day but you can use it just once a day. At night I've been using the rich forumala w/ rosehip oil in in it and in the morning the basic formula. In the morning this is such a good primer for me too. I've been uisng her pearl primer as well but mainly use that as a finisher when I need it which isn't too much lately since it appears to be regulating my oily skin. I do apply this (the paste) under my eyes and around the brows and I think it has been effective in reducing puffy eyes a bit. Now the hydrating mist also has these wonderful pearl & silk powders. I've been using this to spray this onto my brush when using mineral make up and it looks and feels fantastic. I alao mist it onto my face prior to using the pearl paste so it can spread very easily. I also wanted to mention Mary's customer service is outstanding. She is quick to make things right, responds right away, and even though this is being shipped from Canada, it took about 4 - 5 shipping days to arrive here. I know her website has already been posted but here it is again: http://www.silkenpearl.com/ . I normally don't rave about products but when you come across something that just changes your skin for the better, I just can't help it. Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
dancar3 wrote:
I was thinking about writing about this in the raves forum, but it would probably be moved to this section. As others have mentioned about these products in this thread, I have been using Mary's pearl paste and hydrating mist (also made from pearl & silk) for about 2 months now and I have to say I just love these products!! I will purchasing these over and over again from her! For starters, my skin used to get cysts and bad breakouts during a certain time of the month, and sometimes just because it felt like it and I also had uneven skin tone. I now no longer get those cysts and very rarely see a pimple, my skin tone is pretty even, my pores have diminished and my skin is just looking great for once! I've been using this paste 2x/day but you can use it just once a day. At night I've been using the rich forumala w/ rosehip oil in in it and in the morning the basic formula. In the morning this is such a good primer for me too. I've been uisng her pearl primer as well but mainly use that as a finisher when I need it which isn't too much lately since it appears to be regulating my oily skin. I do apply this under my eyes and around the brows and I think it has been effective in reducing puffy eyes a bit. Now the hydrating mist also has these wonderful pearl & silk powders. I've been using this to spray this onto my brush when using mineral make up and it looks and feels fantastic. I alao mist it onto my face prior to using the pearl paste so it can spread very easily. I also wanted to mention Mary's customer service is outstanding. She is quick to make things right, responds right away, and even though this is being shipped from Canada, it took about 4 - 5 shipping days to arrive here. I know her website hasn't already been posted but here it is again: http://www.silkenpearl.com/ . I normally don't rave about products but when you come across something that just changes your skin for the better, I just can't help it. Smile

I couldn't agree more...she is fantastic! I just ordered a full size of the basic formula and once my primer samples are out, a full size of the primer. I love the creamy consistency of Silken Pearl and the Primer is just a joy to apply...its not drying at all and melds to the skin really well.

I love SP!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Will you experience purging? I've been getting whiteheads and clogged pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
No purging from the Pearl paste at all.
It helped me clear up quite a bit, actually. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
oh no. I've been getting whiteheads and clogged pores. The only changes I've made to my regime is the pearl cream, azelaic acid and chagrin valley soap as cleanser. If it makes any difference, the pearl cream Im using is silken rich and refining.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly it could be any one of those things. I'm combo, breakout prone and I use the basic, but I also have a same of the refining (very nice as well!).

What type soap is that? Is it in a bar form? Sometimes the ingredients that keep bars in a bar shape can clog pores. You should post the ingredients in the soap if you can!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
oh no. I doubt Im breaking out from azelaic acid since it's supposed to help with acne unless Im purging. But someone said she didnt experiece purging with azelaic acid.
it's a rhassoul yogurt soap.

Ingredients: Saponified oils of sunflower, palm, coconut, unrefined shea butter, palm kernel, rice bran, mango butter, and castor bean; rhassoul clay; organic whole milk yogurt; organic aloe vera; essential oils of lavender, coriander, pink grapefruit, and tangerine; vitamin E oil and rosemary oil extract.

It has really good reviews from people. Oh nooo.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 2:20 am      Reply with quote
wave wave wave wave

hi all, i am new on this DIY board :>

just want to share with u girls my uses with pearl powder.

therapeutic benefits of pearl is unquestionable. it whitens, it softens, it heals, it minimizes pores etc etc.

ever since i found it, which is about 2 years ago, i have been mixing a tiniest pinch of it in my chinese pre-make up primer every morning. if the mixture is a little bit too dry, i will put in a dab of rosewater. and the mixture is just perfect.

with pearl powder in, the final mixture has better oil-controling properties.

as for night creams, i sometimes put pearl powder, just the tiniest pinch, into my fav night cream.

and Pearl powder also has its medicinal properties in chinese medicine (well, as is jade powder, and amber powder). Pearl powder, if ingested, is said to have soothing properties and helps calm one's nerves.

Smile Smile

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
oh no. I doubt Im breaking out from azelaic acid since it's supposed to help with acne unless Im purging. But someone said she didnt experiece purging with azelaic acid.
it's a rhassoul yogurt soap.

Ingredients: Saponified oils of sunflower, palm, coconut, unrefined shea butter, palm kernel, rice bran, mango butter, and castor bean; rhassoul clay; organic whole milk yogurt; organic aloe vera; essential oils of lavender, coriander, pink grapefruit, and tangerine; vitamin E oil and rosemary oil extract.

It has really good reviews from people. Oh nooo.

The shea butter could be doing it, I know there are people who break out at the drop of a hat with shea butter. Someone with more familiarity of ingredients should tackle the other oils Smile

Also, I know a couple people who have had breakouts with Rosehip seed oil (though I never have) which is what the moisturizing ingredient is in the Rich formula of the Silken Pearl Paste. You might just try the basic paste. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I received the basic pearl cream, pearl powder with lavender and the spray. Used it for the first time last night. I get white flecks after using it. Is that normal? I am new to this and hope that it works because of all the benefits. I haven't used the powder yet as I don't know what to do with it. Do I just add a pinch to any cream?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
It takes very very very little of the pearl cream. If you get white flecks it's usually an indicator of too much on your skin. I lightly glide my fingers across the surface of the paste and apply that way.
Hopefully that will help!

ETA: The powder is used as a dusting powder for your face. You can use it after makeup to set, or just the powder or probably even underneath makeup (but over pearl cream).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
It takes very very very little of the pearl cream. If you get white flecks it's usually an indicator of too much on your skin. I lightly glide my fingers across the surface of the paste and apply that way.
Hopefully that will help!

ETA: The powder is used as a dusting powder for your face. You can use it after makeup to set, or just the powder or probably even underneath makeup (but over pearl cream).

Thanks, I will give that a try tonight. I should not have started this last night as I was still birthday partying and had a bit too much red wine. Think I got a little "heavy handed" plus I am feeling it big time today, but not enough cause we all went shopping again. I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I had about a two week purging period when I started using pearl powder/cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I didn't have any purge period at all. Confused Of course, everyone is different ... and some people have reactions that others never do. Smile

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure it all has to do with different skin types - once the purge period was over, my skin was smoother than ever.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think the rosehip seed oil in the pearl powder is making me breakout/get clogged pores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've used rosehip seed oil in the past & had the same problem. I've known other acne-prone people who had issues with it, too. Some don't - but there are a good many who do.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |