Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Rave: homemade “Pearl Paste” + Hpjrt's Recipes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
l just know that Pearl Powder paste (mix with water) is good for removing new scar Idea
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I like pearl powder! sometimes, I mix it with my cream. It makes my face looks brighter. I also use pearl powder DIY mask.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Carekate's Pearl Creme for 1 1/2 week. Prior to using her creme, my face was just breaking out *ugh*. I was using the BBS acne serum but it wasn't helping much. However, once I started using the acne serum first, than applying the pearl creme than dapping on Queen Helene mud mask as a spot treatment (I think that's what it's called, it's green). I noticed that my pimple (cyst) which were beginning to erupt would not be inflammed (usually it would hurt, turn red and become a hard bump and be around for weeeeeeks) and the existing pimple (white heads) we're going away without any scarring because I'm a squeezer. I know it's the pearl creme because I was using the other 2 products without much success. All I can say is that Carekate's Pearl Creme is really working for me in combination w/ the 2 products. I am Happy, Happy, Happy!!! Also, my face was experiencing dry patches and nothing was really helping and the Pearl Creme made it go away too.

I Carekate's Pearl Creme, tis my HG!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
l just know that Pearl Powder paste (mix with water) is good for removing new scar Idea

Would this work for like new acne scars? I have this one that just came up in the middle of my nose and lips dead center Mad and I've been a bad girl and picking at it, leaving it red and I swear it's gonna leave a scar. Wondering if the paste would work on that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
qisme--i got my box of goodies from carrie today and after applying the supersonic mask , i took out the pearl creme which i had ordered for my mom but was dying to try some. the creme was a bit gritty coming on and after the creme dried on my face, i felt an immediate tightening effect. i applied camellia oil on top and my face feels fine now. my mom is ready try it next Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
qisme--i got my box of goodies from carrie today and after applying the supersonic mask , i took out the pearl creme which i had ordered for my mom but was dying to try some. the creme was a bit gritty coming on and after the creme dried on my face, i felt an immediate tightening effect. i applied camellia oil on top and my face feels fine now. my mom is ready try it next Very Happy

Hi skincareaddicted - the supersonic mask, i love that too. my face always look brighter after using this. it doesn't irritate my skin and sometimes i tend to leave it on longer than 15 mins because I forget. Usually with other mask, it's burning my skin.
I've gotten the hang of applying the Pearl creme. I have some white specks but I just brush it off. I've been using it every AM and PM before moisturizing.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:52 am      Reply with quote
it's day 2 and i love this creme! thanks for the tip qisme--i am just gonna apply and brush off the bits. my skin is looking quite poreless, i am not sure what it is in the creme. however, i am switching to a heavier moisturizer on top as a result. i think my skin is not longer considered oily but normal now Smile .

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
this is the first i have heard about pearl powder and i am very intrigued! i will watch this chain and maybe one day i will get to the store and get some ingredients to whip up a batch. Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:
this is the first i have heard about pearl powder and i am very intrigued! i will watch this chain and maybe one day i will get to the store and get some ingredients to whip up a batch. Smile

I thought the same thing myself ... and I also thought I'd try making some on my own. Hahahahaha! Reminding myself that THAT would NEVER happen, I just ordered some from CareKate and am so happy I did. This stuff is amazing ... my face literally feels like silk after I put it on. Its really lovely under my MMU, too.
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
aussiegirl wrote:

I thought the same thing myself ... and I also thought I'd try making some on my own. Hahahahaha! Reminding myself that THAT would NEVER happen, I just ordered some from CareKate and am so happy I did. This stuff is amazing ... my face literally feels like silk after I put it on. Its really lovely under my MMU, too.

how do i go about ordering this with carekate? i am new to this website today and am actually in london... i was just looking for a site that does decleor cheaper than here and EDS does. that when i happened upon this forum. its a great forum actually and i have been on here for hours looking at stuff Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:
how do i go about ordering this with carekate? i am new to this website today and am actually in london... i was just looking for a site that does decleor cheaper than here and EDS does. that when i happened upon this forum. its a great forum actually and i have been on here for hours looking at stuff Very Happy

Hi Aussiegirl, welcome to the forum. Yes, it is quite addicting and your bank account might just get mad at you for joining us!

All you have to do is PM CareKate and tell her you want to order some of her Pearl Paste. Go to your Messages and go to Send a new message, type in CareKate in the recipient line and for subject line just put "I want to order your Pearl Paste" and then give her your info in the message. She has limited internet access, so be patient and she will get back to you. You might also want to do a search for her product list - she has a lot of other really great products! Good luck.
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
aussiegirl wrote:

Hi Aussiegirl, welcome to the forum. Yes, it is quite addicting and your bank account might just get mad at you for joining us!

All you have to do is PM CareKate and tell her you want to order some of her Pearl Paste. Go to your Messages and go to Send a new message, type in CareKate in the recipient line and for subject line just put "I want to order your Pearl Paste" and then give her your info in the message. She has limited internet access, so be patient and she will get back to you. You might also want to do a search for her product list - she has a lot of other really great products! Good luck.

thanks a million mermaid girl! i'll take a look Smile
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I have some tips for using Pearl Paste properly ... gleaned from using it since I first formulated it over a year ago ... Had some of these not become "second nature" to me I'd have thought to include them previously. Laughing

I know that when Carrie makes up my Pearl Paste recipe she adds a vitamin A derivative to it ... but I think the tips about the Original Pearl Paste will still apply to her version of it.

1. "gritty" consistency. Are these small grain-like grit or actual lumps? Small grain-like grit could be caused by the vitamin A derivative. It would be an acid I think ... and when I added a couple of different acids to my Original Pearl Paste recipe, the consistency changed and it got "gritty". I think, in fact, the acid destroys the pearl ... but I'm not sure about that.

If it's just lumps ... then it's easy to remedy. Just get a clean strainer [wipe it off with alcohol] ... dump the cream into it [with a bowl underneath] and press the cream through the strainer ... working out the lumps.

2. Always apply Pearl Paste on a damp/moist face. You don't need great gobs of the stuff ... you just need very little and a moist face will let you distribute it easier. It will also reduce any residual halo effect you might be getting.

3. Massage Pearl Paste in well ... taking care to massage a little extra on problem areas. This too helps eliminate any residue you might be getting.

4. A couple of people have remarked that once on, it feels "sticky" ... just slightly sticky. I believe that results from using too much Pearl Paste at a time.

5. That "pulling" sensation isn't Pearl Paste drying your skin ... it's Pearl Paste tightening your skin and pores. Unless your skin is very dry, you probably don't really need another moisturizer on top of Pearl Paste. Patience is the key. Apply the Pearl Paste and then do something else [like brushing your teeth] until it's absorbed. If you have normal or oily skin ... nothing else will be needed. If you have very dry skin ... you might want to add a few drops of emu, rosehip seed or jojoba oil.

When I developed Pearl Paste, it was to answer some of my own skin problems ... and it's worked beautifully on them. The beauty of the Original Pearl Paste was in its simplicity. There isn't a lot of extraneous "gunk" in it ... and that simplicity allows the pearl to do what it does.

I've since tweaked my own Original Pearl Paste recipe and I like it even better ... but that is still in the "tester" stages [friends trying it out for me] so I don't want to unveil it just yet.

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:39 am      Reply with quote
i must say i am very intrigued about pearl paste now. i will take a look on the internet but if anyone has any good links to sites with info about the benefits that'd be great Very Happy
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mary! These are great tips. I'm looking forward to your new, improved version! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:
i must say i am very intrigued about pearl paste now. i will take a look on the internet but if anyone has any good links to sites with info about the benefits that'd be great Very Happy

there is quite a bit of information here on EDS about it. Just run a search...or search through google.com

I just PMd Carrie for a full-size pearl paste as well as her super brightening super sonic mask.

I wish I wasn't so lazy and would make it all myself.
Maybe I should add that to my NY's resolutions!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I received a sample of Carekate's pearl creme and initially wasn't too sure about it . I looked at it (looked fine), sniffed it (smells lovely), touched it (has an interesting texture and some slip) and eventually added a tiny bit on top of my face oil instead of moisturizer..and it felt like a wonderful primer. My make-up went on smoother. Don't know if I'm a convert yet but certainly interesting... (to be continued)
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I received a sample of Carekate's pearl creme and initially wasn't too sure about it . I looked at it (looked fine), sniffed it (smells lovely), touched it (has an interesting texture and some slip) and eventually added a tiny bit on top of my face oil instead of moisturizer..and it felt like a wonderful primer. My make-up went on smoother. Don't know if I'm a convert yet but certainly interesting... (to be continued)

I was sort of unsure at first - it didn't seem THAT moisturizing ... now I use it no matter what. If I need more moisture, I add something over it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
It's strange how it doesn't seem that moisturizing, but I can't begin to explain how happy I am with it. It's like the perfect amount of moisture for me...not too much but enough to keep me balanced. I'm trying to make my samples last, but I swear my skin gets better when I use it.

It helped out with a terrible breakout I had during the holidays as well!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
[ it didn't seem THAT moisturizing ... now I use it no matter what.

accck ... didn't mean to sound like it doesn't moisturize ... it does. What I mean is, it doesn't feel like your typical cream. It really does adjust because I can actually use it on oily areas to prevent overdrying.

It's one of those submarine products ... it doesn't seem like it would do much of anything ... but I notice a difference when I DON'T use it. It's really become a staple for me and has really helped to tone down my oilies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using it on top of my EOP topical and it seems to suffice so far... hmm My make-up goes on smoothly.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

Quote:
It helped out with a terrible breakout I had during the holidays as well!!!

I'm really glad to hear that ParisTroika! That was the first use I had when I developed Pearl Paste over a year ago! In fact ... I don't know what it was that told me to put it all over my face ... since I first began by "dabbing" in on potential "blemish problem areas"! Laughing

Since then, of course, I realized that it was a great "all over face" product ...

Glad that you're enjoying Carrie's variation of it!

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another use too ... (I posted on a separate thread).

I'm sort of in product overload and my face was itching. I tried emu oil and camillia oil, still itched and I would have to wash my face.

Last night I applied Carekate's Pearl Cream and the itching stopped! I really think this has better anti-inflammatory effects vs. emu oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I really think this has better anti-inflammatory effects vs. emu oil.

You're right Rjez. Once I discovered that my original Pearl Paste recipe got rid of those horrible "soon-to-be-blind-painful" blemishes overnight ... I realized that I had stumbled upon a very efficient and powerful anti-inflammatory. I've since used it on old scars [amazing] and just about anywhere that itches ... including a few very sensitive areas that got chafed during hot, humid months!

That's one of the reasons I wanted to share this one ... because it worked so well for me for so many things! Very Happy

It's even reduced the depth of some of the "dents" left from past "soon-to-be-blind-painful" blemishes! Smile

Also ... pearl powder is 37% calcium [or is it 57% calcium?]... and I've just seen a commercial for some face cream that is specific for "more mature" skins ... whose main ingredient is calcium! It's Diane Keaton who is the spokesperson for this cream ...

Pearl Paste is one of the few things I've developed completely on my own ... that worked! Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kudos to you Mary! Pearl Cream is one of the lemming products that I ordered without really knowing 'why' I wanted it Laughing

Must say that it is one of those products that I may not notice any benefits at first glance ... but try skipping it and then you realize how great it is.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |