Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
:Review: MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I've been using my MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner for two weeks and I love it. I had been using Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner for a few years, but I like this much better. It goes on much smoother, wears just as well, and comes off MUCH easier. I can tightline much easier with this because of its texture.

BB always was a bugger to get off, and I'd often have raccoon eyes the next day and have to spend extra time in the shower in the AM just to get the rest of it off. At MAC is much more economical...my BB would always dry out and become chunky before I could finish it off.
I bought Blitz and Glitz, a black with subtle gold shimmer, it comes off as a soft black. Fabulous!!!

I plan on purchasing this in other colors as well.
Yet again I'm reminded why I should check the MAC counter FIRST instead of going straight to the much more expensive stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I love this too. I have blitz and glitz and also a purple shade. Check out MAC small angled brush-it's a dream to apply fluidline.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Blitz and Glitz is my standard. I also have the Fluidliner in black.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have it in basic black and LOVE the texture. It glides on so easily and offers such great control! Maybe I should venture out to more creative colors Very Happy Is there a nice purple available?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I like the purple. It has Violet in its name. I don't remember the full name but it's the only purple they have in Fluidline.

I forgot to mention that the brush I use is # 263. I love, love, love this brush.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! This stuff does come in some fab colours, doesn't it?! Can anyone tell me how it wears in comparison to the smashbox eyeliner? I'm finding that for me, the Smashbox doesn't last as long as I'd like it to - it fades out at 1/2 day...Does the Mac fluide gel last long? I'm not looking for waterproof - just something that stays colour true for the day...Any opinions would be great!
Pudoodles Smile
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi Everyone! This stuff does come in some fab colours, doesn't it?! Can anyone tell me how it wears in comparison to the smashbox eyeliner? I'm finding that for me, the Smashbox doesn't last as long as I'd like it to - it fades out at 1/2 day...Does the Mac fluide gel last long? I'm not looking for waterproof - just something that stays colour true for the day...Any opinions would be great!
Pudoodles Smile

I have Smashbox too and will toss it. The MAC Fluidline has more intense color, lasts longer and is more gel-like than creamy.

I also have the LiquidLast and this stuff is similar to the Ultralast by Maybelline. It dries very fast and is difficult to smudge.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have a very natural brown one - Dipdown.
Perfect for day look.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's called Macroviolet. It's certainly 100% gorgeous!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
That's the one, Macroviolet. Thanks, majorb.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Blacktrack is truly my desert island makeup item. I am one of those whose eyes look bigger and more awake with eyeliner, so i really can't go without. I love that it's a breeze to apply because you can control the thickness of the line and it sets much faster than a conventional liquid. Love!!
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the mac fluidliners. I have Dipdown (med brown), Non-Conformist (purple/blue/periwinkle), Nightfishing (charcoal), Shade (black teal), Blitz n Glitz (black). These glide on nicely and you can control how thick you want the line. I like to push it into my lashline. It dries nicely, stays put all day, and washes off easily at night. I have one mac liquilast liner in Powerplum. The color is pretty but I don't like the product so never use this one. I always seem to hit my lashes with the applicator and it makes them clump because this stuff dries fast and it's rock hard. Also, it's hard to remove.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I think it should be mentioned that depending on the colour the consistency of the fluidlines vary.

I have Lithograph (dark gray - absolutely gorgeous as it has the lightest hint of shimmer) and Non-Conformist (purply with hint of blue and matt in texture), and the Lithography is much more creamy than the Non-Conformist.

I have heard Avon is introducing their own line of gel liners. Really want to try it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
I really like the mac fluidliners. I have Dipdown (med brown), Non-Conformist (purple/blue/periwinkle), Nightfishing (charcoal), Shade (black teal), Blitz n Glitz (black). These glide on nicely and you can control how thick you want the line. I like to push it into my lashline. It dries nicely, stays put all day, and washes off easily at night. I have one mac liquilast liner in Powerplum. The color is pretty but I don't like the product so never use this one. I always seem to hit my lashes with the applicator and it makes them clump because this stuff dries fast and it's rock hard. Also, it's hard to remove.

I've got the Liqui-last in Powerplum too - and also experience the same application problems! Shame as it really, really doesn't ever smudge or turn into panda eyes.
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I'm finding that for me, the Smashbox doesn't last as long as I'd like it to - it fades out at 1/2 day...

Me too! It smudges and seems really oily. I'm off to try the MAC!
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
now, I want to try it too. Better than bobbi brown gel right?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
lulumylovely wrote:
now, I want to try it too. Better than bobbi brown gel right?

I think so...Bobbi Brown was good right when I got it, but it dried out on me (maybe it was just me). BB is good, but I like the fact that MAC wears just as well (no smudges) but I don't have to scrub my eyes raw to get the MAC off. BB sticks like glue on me, and the consistency isn't as fluid as my MAC. And for the price, MAC can't be beat. I do adore my BB brush I bought when I first purchased the gel liner though.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
got the MAC Fineliner yesterday and used it today. It was hands down better than the Smashbox. I've worn it all day, and zero smudge. The Smashbox is going in the make-up dungeon.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
koolade wrote:
got the MAC Fineliner yesterday and used it today. It was hands down better than the Smashbox. I've worn it all day, and zero smudge. The Smashbox is going in the make-up dungeon.

Right on, Koolade!!! Very Happy I'm excited now!! I'll pick up the MAC liner tomorrow...What did you use to apply the MAC liner? Is it like a putty or a liquid?
Thanks!
Pudoodles Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles: MAC 263 brush applies MAC fluidlines perfectly. But any angle or liner brush would work if it's made of synthetics. Don't use one made with real hair because it won't go on as smoothly and you'll have to wash it almost every time as the liner will dry on the brush hairs. But with 263 or synthetic brushes the liner doesn't dry on my brush and it applies smoothly everytime - I can do a super thin or a super thick line to my liking.

I LOVE MAC fluidlines and before this I've never used liners before. This has the BEST staying powder ever and the texture is perfect. I have it in dipdown, just bought lithograph and gettin graphic brown in a swap. I do wish that MAC would make a shimmer navy or a shimmer deep green like BB's Ivy and Sapphire shimmers.
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I bought the #209 brush that MAC recommends for the application (slightly thicker than the really thin eyeliner brush), but I the post above does a good job of explaining the benefits of the angle brush.

I love the Lithograph colour. I applied that colour with the thicker 209 brush, then went over with the black shade using the thinner eyeliner brush, and the result is a nice daytime look. (I am freckled, so too much black and I look like a vampire during the daylight, but the lithograph is just the right amount of smoky eye effect)
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that Fluidline is better than Bobbi Brown - it's a smoother application and incredible staying power. I only have Macroviolet, but want more!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Pudoodles: MAC 263 brush applies MAC fluidlines perfectly. But any angle or liner brush would work if it's made of synthetics. Don't use one made with real hair because it won't go on as smoothly and you'll have to wash it almost every time as the liner will dry on the brush hairs. But with 263 or synthetic brushes the liner doesn't dry on my brush and it applies smoothly everytime - I can do a super thin or a super thick line to my liking.

I LOVE MAC fluidlines and before this I've never used liners before. This has the BEST staying powder ever and the texture is perfect. I have it in dipdown, just bought lithograph and gettin graphic brown in a swap. I do wish that MAC would make a shimmer navy or a shimmer deep green like BB's Ivy and Sapphire shimmers.

Great!! Thanks, Sormuimui (and thanks, too, to Koolade!)
Pudoodled
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
a fantastic product,it's the first eyeliner I got and hopefully i will stick with it forever.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I got the fluideline in Blitz & Glitz, however, after only a 1/2 hr I'm noticing racoon eyes (I don't have any other eye makeup on!). Do any of you have suggestions on preventing this?

(Or is the MAC Fluideline just something to avoid for those of us with oily eyelids?)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |