Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Good Concealer/ Foundation for undereye circles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I know this topic has been discussed like many times already. But I just can't seem to cover my circles without having it look cakey or dry. I don't really have any fine lines but after powder foundation or concealer, I can see some very fine lines. Can anyone pls suggest a good undereye concealer that looks natural in that area? Also, my undereye area is not too dry...just noraml. So I'm afraid that too creamy concealer might cause milia? Thanks! Smile
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I swear by christain dior skinflash 02 its the best concealer that I have ever used and would not go without it now. Its very important in knowing the right way to apply as it on a bursh and you just glide it down and across both sides of the nose. Never knew that there is a technique to the appliction until I was showed at the cosmetic counter.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is T. LeClerc concealer. I have dark circles (hereditary) and everything else looks fake, dry & cakey. This doesn't. I also apply with a brush. Sometimes I just use this as a spot concealer without any other foundation.

Ari
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Glo Minerals undereye concealer is AWESOME! It comes with 2 colors so you can blend to match.

Flawless Concealer by Perscriptives is great too but lately it has been getting really dry on my skin...I think its better for people with oily skin.

Honorable mentions...MAC Select Cover, Colorstay Revlon concealer.

I'm a sucker for concealers and foundations...I've been using my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation as an undereye concealor and then setting it with the secret brightner and its been working awesome.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Cle de Peau concealer is absolutely the best that I've ever used, I started using it several years ago and have never looked back. Ochre is my color, I am a golden glow in Jane Iredale to give you a point of reference.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I make sure I've applied a good amount of moisturizer and/or sunscreen under my eyes, then I gently use an e/s brush (which is not used for e/s also) and apply my mineral makeup there. I like that it's the same consistency and same color as the makeup on the rest of my face -- no blending required. Wink
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
MAC select cover is a personal favourite. Does not cake, convenient, and great color selections. I find concealer always look the best when you have the exact color match.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Amazing concealer is simply AMAZING. Good color (I use golden fair), lasts all day and is almost waterproof. Comes in a tube and a little goes a long way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I second Revlon Colorstay undereye concealer. That stuff is awesome.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
It looks like everyone has their favorites. Mine are:

1. Cle de peau (ochre) for daily use. I adore the creaminess of this concealer.

2. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. VERY thick, very drying but it's heavy duty.

3. YSL Touche Eclat. Not a concealer but a subtle highlighter which is perfect sometimes for doing the opposite ... brightens so the darkness disappears.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Amazing concealer is simply AMAZING. Good color (I use golden fair), lasts all day and is almost waterproof. Comes in a tube and a little goes a long way.

I second AnnieR - this stuff is AWESOME! ( I use the lightest shade - fair, I think)I mix it with a dab of Faceatelier's sheer lotion just to ease the spreadability and to impart a tiny bit of sheen around my eye area...I apply it as well to sun damage spots - the coverage is, well, amazing!...this is irreplaceable for me - I swear by it!...If you find it a bit thick (don't let that turn you off!) just heat it up a bit between your fingers - it goes on like a dream and covers completely!!!
Pudoodles
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Chanel's Quick Cover followed by the YSL Touche Eclat specifically on any crow's feet lines works really well for me. I also like the Lancome Waterproof Effacernes concealer in a tube. When any of these are applied with a foundation or concealer brush, then they are EVEN BETTER! Can't say enough about application with a brush for even coverage, no pooling in lines, just so much of a better result.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Dr Hauschka's Cover Stick. The stick is soft and smooth and applies very evenly with great coverage. Not cakey or drying at all. It actually feels very soothing when applied and I find it improves redness and blemishes when applied to those areas as well so it has double action. The new cream concealer from Dr H is great as well but I actually prefer the cover stick for under the eyes and for harder to cover blems.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
I LOVE Dr Hauschka's Cover Stick. The stick is soft and smooth and applies very evenly with great coverage. Not cakey or drying at all. It actually feels very soothing when applied and I find it improves redness and blemishes when applied to those areas as well so it has double action. The new cream concealer from Dr H is great as well but I actually prefer the cover stick for under the eyes and for harder to cover blems.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about the Dr. H cover stick, now I feel it may be worth a purchase.
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
If you use MMU, I suggest I.D. summer bisque for the under eye. The light reflecting particles in that stuff works miracles. You have to apply and then let it sit or walk away from the mirrow, when you return later, you notice they are gone . . .poof . . .magic!

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
i'm using shu uemura eye correcting pro concealer and i like it.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I like Cle de peau a lot, but I find it a bit drying. Better for blemishes, rather then under my eyes. My favourite is Jane Iredale Circle Delete.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I like my RMK concealer. It's very blendable and not dry!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |