Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: DDF 12.5% Glycolic Body Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, wow and double wow! I decided to try this product after hearing Sharky's (think that's who it was) recommendation on another thread.

Well, I ordered it from EDS and started using it about 1 week or so ago, I'd say. It comes in a nice, large bottle with a cap and there's a flip top to squeeze out the lotion. The smell is really yummy though I'm unsure how to describe it!

So far, I use it on my breasts (was using acids but the decollétage area is too tender), my back (specific areas), hips (light stretchmarks) and tummy (same as hips). Well, it is extremely non-irritating - I mean, it doesn't sting at all or bother me in any way and that's HUGE because I normally break out at the slightest provocation of suspect ingredient (am prone to irritation all over, not just my face).

Everywhere that I've been using it on, it has resulted (quickly, actually) in a marked smoothness and general shallowing (hope that makes sense). In other words, the areas are not as noticeable now and are smoothing out nicely.

I did a test on my back because I've often had breakouts due to food allergies or products. Sometimes, there were marks that remained so I put some of the lotion on and it did exactly as I'd hoped! The "dark" spots left were visibly lightened after one application and almost gone. I will be adding this as a regular solution for this. Generally, I am extremely impressed with this lotion and recommend it for any rough spots you have (as long as you can handle glycolics, of course).

All in all, I give it 5 stars and am very pleased with it!!!

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
DDF Glycolic 10% Body Lotion (240 g / 8.45 oz)
DDF Glycolic 10% Body Lotion (240 g / 8.45 oz)

A potent, silky non-greasy hand and body lotion formulated with Glycolic and Lactic Acid. Suitable for all skin types, except very sensitive. Helps exfoliate dry skin cells, while moisturizing and softening for a younger looking skin texture.

ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hm...may have to try this one. Currently am using another brand, both the lotio and the cleanser and actually like it. I tried DDF's Intesive Holistic Lightner and it didn't do jack.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I do still also love this. It is a nice light lotion and has faded spots on my hands and arms. At night I use this and then Candy's body butter on my hands arms and legs. My hands look very good for my age. (this also has lactic and grren tea although I do not know what the % of these is).
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Great to hear that it's still working for you, Sharky. This is one, I think, that misses the radar and it is really a fantastic product.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
What company is DDF??
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Doctor's Dermatologic Formula (sold here on EDS). With the EDS discount it is very reasonable.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
though i have tons of body cream,i would like to purchase it.
but it's better that eds give me one sample when i order sth here.
i could have a trial
Laughing
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
To Scalawaggirl

You mentioned that you have light stretchmarks on your hips. The DDF has obviously been great for fading brown spots - have you noticed any difference to your stretchmarks? My stretchmarks have been the bain of my life since puberty (I am now 33 !) I was fortunate enough that the stretchmarks that appeared on the backs of my calf muscles, breasts, hips & tops of thighs are silvery/ white coloured rather than red. Nonetheless I have been very self-concious of these ever since.

The time has come to tackle them with a vengence !!! ( I am sick of covering up in the summer!)

Do you think that the DDF may be a good starting point? Smile
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
oh I would like to know about the stretch marks too. Three kids later my tummy is awful!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, my stretchmarks are very light because I've dry brushed for years; however, I do think that this would help with your's as it works to smooth out the skin, as well.

There are other, much more aggressive, methods to deal w/stretchmarks (strong acids/CPs) but the DDF lotion would be a good place to start, yes. It has lightened mine even more, smoothed out the skin and cleared up the texture of other areas.

I mentioned that I use it on my breasts and I really, really like how it's worked in conjunction w/the Skin Biology BND (Breasts, Nipple Decollétage) Cream. Everything's tighter, smoother and overall better looking.

This is a product I absolutely will reorder.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Scalawaggirl - I shall definately place an order for the DDF lotion.

I also dry body brush every morning before showering...very invigorating ! Smile
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Defo another one for the order list Surprised
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if DDF do 2 types of Glycolic Body lotion?? On the DDF site they show a pictures of the bottle and the writing on the bottle pictured simply says 'GYLCOLIC BODY LOTION' (this is the only Glycolic body lotion for sale) However on the EDS site the writing on the bottle says 'GLYCOLIC BODY LOTION 12.5%' ....mmm I am a little confused hmm Are there 2 types of lotion or have DDF changed there packaging / product title.

Thank you Smile
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Well everyone my DDF Glycolic body lotion arrived a week ago and I can only say that I am LOOOOOOVING it

As I said I have only used it for the past week so this really is just my initial reaction to the product. Nonetheless I just could not wait to give my initial synopsis Laughing

Since I have used the DDF my skin feels hydrated throughout the day (I have previously used 'Intensive' body moisturisers for dry skin - and in terms of hydration that lasts the course of the day none compare to the DDF)

The other thing that I have noticed (always having being a 'bug-bear' of mine !) is that the lotion has eliminated the post shaving 'red dots' that I always used to have on the lower part of my legs.

Obviously, in terms of my silvery white stretch marks it is far to early to say yet (I will of course update with any developments !)

Thanks so much Scalawaggirl, you're a diamond for recommending such a fantastic product
Smile
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Thanks for reminding me about this. Sharky said it might help me with my crepy hand skin. *Buying it now*
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I thought that I'd bump this up because I am still VERY pleased with it and have some new reports. I now use a DERMA roller on my arms 3-4 times a week. I use the DDF lotion on the days I do not roll. I used to just do my hands but am now also doing my arms and elbows. I'll say the results have been great after about 3 weeks I noticed the skin was lighter and spots fadingI've also made my elbows softer. I started because I notice that I was using the lotion on my hands (and rolling there but little past my wrists. One day I noticed that the skin on my hands was lighter and less spotted even though this is the part most exposed (and there was a clear dividing line.

I was worried because someone here had reported that DDF is discontinuing some products. I hope that they do not muck with this because I love it. Price-wise it is also a bargain.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think this would help with KP on the arms?.........i also have since puberty stretch marks on my butt on lower back hip area.......would this help with that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Would this cause an allergic reaction for dry sensitive skin? I was thinking of using it on the neck as it's darker than my face... would that be ok?
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
wow.. sounds great. will give it a try.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
EDS can not provide DDF outside USA now Crying or Very sad
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Sounds great! I use the DDF 10% Glycolic 2% Salycilic Oil Control Gel. I love it, it helps keep my acne at bay and my skin looks nice and fresh and glowy- not oily.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |