Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
RAVE: Oh, dear God! Dare I say it??? UGloGirl MMU!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I could just weep with happiness because it seems I've finally found my elusive choice for MMU and I've tried a bunch. Color's a big problem for me for some reason - always too light, too orange and so on.

Got my UGloGirl samples today and did a swipe test of three different foundations from left to right:

Honey Beige (W 1.5)
Cafe (W 1.75)
Wheat (N 1.5)

In consecutive order as tests:

You can't even see the Honey Beige so it is declared the winner of the color match contest!!! Then, I put it on my forehead, nose and one half of my face to get a comparison. It is just the right amount of glow, not too matte and certainly not shiny at all. Oh, I'm a happy reviewer today. I'll be testing out the other samples for blush and shadows, as well and will report my findings on these.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
aRgh ... you guys are driving me into bankruptcy!

Every time I add something to my wish list or actually order ... along comes another rave.

so ... what's the url?

p.s. Does Baby Q help with acne as well as skin tightening?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
aRgh ... you guys are driving me into bankruptcy!

Every time I add something to my wish list or actually order ... along comes another rave.

so ... what's the url?

p.s. Does Baby Q help with acne as well as skin tightening?

I hear ya but I only rave for the stuff that works. How's that for customer service. Smile

URL: http://uglogirl.com

Melissa is the owner and, as always with MMU, get the samples. She is very helpful so email her for some suggestions for color. Send a pic, too, it's a huge help. She is wonderfully responsive and very, very nice.

This is the very first MMU I've found that does everything I want: match, is matte but not dry and provides a slight glow of health. It's looking perfect as far as I can tell!!!

As for the Baby Q helping w/acne and skin tightening, yes it does both. There is an acne routine that is outlined in the instructions. I am very prone to breakouts but don't have too many problems anymore except for the occasional one here and there. Most are gone w/in a day or so and I also use my OxyLight to super zap them into oblivion. It REALLY works well for this and when I do it, they are almost dust the next morning. Of course, I use serums for this, as well and right now, it's Ice Elements Acne Serum (good stuff but still testing so no review yet).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Scally

I am glad that you got your perfect match.

What is the difference between UGloGirl and True Cosmetics texture wise?

I was thinking of get True Cosmetics but have now seen your post. I remember that Alima did not work for you too ie too dry.

I think UGlo has mica in it and I am not sure whether I am allergic to it or not.

Waiting to hear from you before I send my pic off to either True or UGlo.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Scallawag I was so impresssed with the colour match and finish you got with this MMU that I headed over there and ordered some samples. I thought I had it narrowed down to either Alima or EM, but here you come along with yet another MMU - bad girl Bad Grin
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Scally

I was thinking of get True Cosmetics but have now seen your post. I remember that Alima did not work for you too ie too dry.

I think UGlo has mica in it and I am not sure whether I am allergic to it or not.

Texture-wise, True is very nice, not too heavy and does a good job w/coverage. The thing I had a problem w/is color match and that it was just the slightest bit glowy (not much but I was being picky). It's a nice MMU but wasn't my holy grail, sadly.

I find the color match, of course, perfect with UGG (how's that for an acronym??), the texture is very fine and easy to apply, it's not too matte (drove me nuts about Alima) and has the PERFECT amount of glow so that it just looks healthy. It's also $13.50 cheaper than True. Here are the ingredients from their website:

MICA - We use Silk Mica, A fine, powder, similar to the Serecite Mica that is often used in most mineral bases. This is a finer, silkier, less grey, higher quality powder that
still offers the same great soft, mattifying properties of Serecite, but with a smoother,
silkier more premium texture. (Both Serecite and Silk Mica contain the same IC
number (IC #'s are for FDA regulation purposes) and although they are not the exact
same, they are both simply labeled as MICA on the list.)

TITANIUM DIOXIDE(crushed) -An off-white powder that is a natural, full, broad- spectrum sun protector providing both UVA and UVB rotection.

ZINC OXIDE (crushed)- Also a full road-spectrum sun protector, Zinc Oxide provides anti-inflammatory benefits and is soothing to the skin ideal for sensitive skin
types or conditions such as Rosacea. Great for adhesion and whitening. (Think of the
white "zinc" noses of the lifeguards on the beach!)

SILICA MICROSPHERES- Silica is a natural mineral found in Clay, Granite, Plants and even Animals! It provides a Silky, Luminous texture with oil absorbing capabilities. Due to its spherical shape it has the ability to scatter light and blur the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

IRON OXIDES - various colorants, a mix of Iron Oxides will be specific to each shade. These are what give you your tone and depth of colour!

ULTRAMARINE BLUE -A colorant made in the lab out of Kaolin (China) Clay, Sodium Carbonate and Sulpher, in the old days it was made by grinding down the semi-precious stone, lapis lazuli! This "Blue" works great for correcting overly warm shades or adjusting for more truer cool tones

***Please note we use equal amounts of TD and ZO in our Natural-Glo Foundations but for
labeling reasons we list TD first even though we could list either first. The listing order above is consistent with all of our labels on the bottom of the Jars.

Quote:
Scallawag I was so impresssed with the colour match and finish you got with this MMU that I headed over there and ordered some samples. I thought I had it narrowed down to either Alima or EM, but here you come along with yet another MMU - bad girl Bad Grin

LOL!!! I totally hear you but hey, it's a good thing to stumble across something else that MIGHT work, yeah? Restrain the reviews; I get caught up with them, too!!! Image For me, it was helpful to be able to hear other's experience so I could drill down to a final decision. As you know, with MMU, it's like a black hole to find the right one. Hope it helps you, though, and be sure to chat w/Melissa, she's very helpful.

BTW, many of the ladies at PSF seem to be clients, as well, according to Darren!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Ninetynine wrote:
Scally

Texture-wise, True is very nice, not too heavy and does a good job w/coverage. The thing I had a problem w/is color match and that it was just the slightest bit glowy (not much but I was being picky). It's a nice MMU but wasn't my holy grail, sadly.

I find the color match, of course, perfect with UGG (how's that for an acronym??), the texture is very fine and easy to apply, it's not too matte (drove me nuts about Alima) and has the PERFECT amount of glow so that it just looks healthy. It's also $13.50 cheaper than True. Here are the ingredients from their website:

MICA - We use Silk Mica, A fine, powder, similar to the Serecite Mica that is often used in most mineral bases. This is a finer, silkier, less grey, higher quality powder that
still offers the same great soft, mattifying properties of Serecite, but with a smoother,
silkier more premium texture. (Both Serecite and Silk Mica contain the same IC
number (IC #'s are for FDA regulation purposes) and although they are not the exact
same, they are both simply labeled as MICA on the list.)

TITANIUM DIOXIDE(crushed) -An off-white powder that is a natural, full, broad- spectrum sun protector providing both UVA and UVB rotection.

ZINC OXIDE (crushed)- Also a full road-spectrum sun protector, Zinc Oxide provides anti-inflammatory benefits and is soothing to the skin ideal for sensitive skin
types or conditions such as Rosacea. Great for adhesion and whitening. (Think of the
white "zinc" noses of the lifeguards on the beach!)

SILICA MICROSPHERES- Silica is a natural mineral found in Clay, Granite, Plants and even Animals! It provides a Silky, Luminous texture with oil absorbing capabilities. Due to its spherical shape it has the ability to scatter light and blur the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

IRON OXIDES - various colorants, a mix of Iron Oxides will be specific to each shade. These are what give you your tone and depth of colour!

ULTRAMARINE BLUE -A colorant made in the lab out of Kaolin (China) Clay, Sodium Carbonate and Sulpher, in the old days it was made by grinding down the semi-precious stone, lapis lazuli! This "Blue" works great for correcting overly warm shades or adjusting for more truer cool tones

***Please note we use equal amounts of TD and ZO in our Natural-Glo Foundations but for
labeling reasons we list TD first even though we could list either first. The listing order above is consistent with all of our labels on the bottom of the Jars.

Quote:

LOL!!! I totally hear you but hey, it's a good thing to stumble across something else that MIGHT work, yeah? Restrain the reviews; I get caught up with them, too!!! Image For me, it was helpful to be able to hear other's experience so I could drill down to a final decision. As you know, with MMU, it's like a black hole to find the right one. Hope it helps you, though, and be sure to chat w/Melissa, she's very helpful.

BTW, many of the ladies at PSF seem to be clients, as well, according to Darren!

You look great, Scally. Don't you love when you find an HG MMU? U Glow seems to be garnering a lot of raves over at the Mineral Mania board as well. I've heard nothing but good things about Melissa and her first rate customer service. I believe Melissa and Darren are friends. A while back, I think Darren had a special going on where if you ordered one of their new products he would send along a sample of either a warm or cool blush that was from Melissa's line. Hope it continues to do well for you - the color you chose is truly undetectable on your skin!

Maria Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
OK, sold, I will be sending a picture to UGG.

I've got a whole boxful of MMU samples now Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've already ordered my samples, hopefully will be here tomorrow or next day. I ordered 3-4 days ago, how long did it take to get yours in, SWG. Thanks.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I can also add to the choir of raves, Melissa is a doll and the minerals are the best I´ve triede. My package got held up i customs (the buggers) but arrived yesterday and I immediately had to try everything. And ladies, do yourselves a favour and order the kabuki. It´s the silkiest thing I´ve tried, and literally feels as you´re using a creme (it´s not just blurb).

Well, I´m off to test my samples in daylight.

Scala: You look amazing!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi, all. Delivery took about 4-5 days, I think, though I can't quite remember.

Normally, I do not wear makeup when I'm working at home (as can be attested by my no-makeup-wearing pics sometimes) but I will be doing further testing WITH primers! That is my next big hunt. I did some research and have a few to try out so will be doing 1/2 face w/the UGG on to see how they hold up. I'm excited that atleast the color's out of the way. Smile What a relief!

Sharkbait, I have 2 kabukis and a JI Handi - now you're making me wonder about UGG's! I'll have to make a note of that.

To tell you just how tweaked I really was, I placed an order within 2 hours of trying out my samples!!! I want to make sure I get them quickly before my little tub of gold is empty. Wow, wow, wow!!! Yay, UGloGirl!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Tou know, I´ve been using the JI handi and a chanel kabuki. The Chanel one feels really, really rough in comparison to the handi, but the UGG kabuki is lightyears away from them both. It´s really unbeleivable how soft this thing is. /enabling

Might I add how absolutely stellar you look, Scala? U glo girl, indeed.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sharkbait. Smile I will have to add the kabuki w/my next order!

I did a 1/2 face test this morning wearing the UGG over:

Chanel Base Comblante
Perfekt Base in Luminous

I did not apply my HG sunscreen Sophina Nuance because a) I forgot and b) Once I remembered, I figured I'd get a better feel for the primers without it.

Both are performing well so far as far as a matte feel. My skin is not oily, per se, anymore though I do get a little bit of shine after 1/2 day but nothing that oil absorbing sheets can't handle. I think the Chanel side is looking better in terms of "appearing" lighter. It is really only a spot treatment, anyway, as it's not meant for the entire face. I don't mind this as I can use another primer for the rest of my face. I need the big gun to minimize my pores.

While I like the matte texture of the Perfekt, I don't think I will keep it because it doesn't warrant the high price tag ($57). The Chanel is on my worst cheek (for scarring) and it looks nicer than the Perfekt one so the verdict is:

I'm keeping the Chanel for further testing and will return the Perfekt to Sephora. I have Chanel Base Lumiere coming so I think this might make a nice duo w/the Comblante.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
You look Stunning, Scala!

(I have no interest in MMU) as I found my own HG (YSL Foundation) but I wanted to comment. That, and I'm trying to avoid doing any work this morning. Love the kittens BTW.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
You guys are so sweet! I posted that pic thinking, boy, do I look like crap but hey, it's a good depiction of the color so what the hell. Smile

Glad you found your HG foundation. It's such a pain, huh???

My kitties thank you. They are cartoon representatives of my real-life buddies!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the sample in Perfect & Honey Biege. I can't wait to receive it. Very Happy
I'm using Alima right now, I like it but it's a bit too dry for me. Maybe I need a mist to set it.

Thank you Scalawaggirl for the review!
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I also just ordered some samples and a kabuki. Wink

I would love to use MMU but just can't find one that doesn't carry the usual compaints...emphasizes pores, shiny, etc.

Skalawag...I'm curious to hear about your results from the primers. I haven't had much luck with those either (especially with MMU) - I always seem to end up with blocked pores -- silicone or no silicone.

Off the top of my head, here's what I've tried:

Smashbox - just okay
Laura Geller - BIG NO
Becca matte - just okay
Pure Luxe Eraser (powder and other) - just okay

There are more that I'm forgetting. One of these days I'll try the Laura Mercier oil free (it only gets so-so reviews on MUA).

Marla

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
I also just ordered some samples and a kabuki. Wink

I would love to use MMU but just can't find one that doesn't carry the usual compaints...emphasizes pores, shiny, etc.

Skalawag...I'm curious to hear about your results from the primers. I haven't had much luck with those either (especially with MMU) - I always seem to end up with blocked pores -- silicone or no silicone.

Off the top of my head, here's what I've tried:

Smashbox - just okay
Laura Geller - BIG NO
Becca matte - just okay
Pure Luxe Eraser (powder and other) - just okay

There are more that I'm forgetting. One of these days I'll try the Laura Mercier oil free (it only gets so-so reviews on MUA).

Hi, Marla! I have some primers already but they were "just okay" as you noted. Before starting this quest, I did a lot of research and narrowed down my choices based on my big pores, tendency for oily skin, finish under foundation and overall staying power. I agree w/your comments and here's what I have tried so far:

-Smashbox - just okay - yep same for me. I assume this works well for people W/O large pores but defeats the purpose for me!

-Decleor - blah, didn't do much either way. Not bad but not good, either.

-Mary Kay - I used this a long time ago and it does really work well for controlling oil and providing a matte appearance. The problem I have is that it's tough to find and I don't want to buy anything else from MK NOR do I want to be a consultant! Maybe I'll try eBay because I do like this product.

-Laura Geller - BIG NO - yep same. I have no idea even how this crap could work! I got it as a sample and didn't even WANT to put it on my face.

-Perfekt - it's pretty good and didn't clog my pores (I have an ongoing blackhead battle but this didn't add to the problem). The finish was nice and matte but when I compared it to Chanel Base Comblante, it didn't "look" as nice. I will likely return this due to the price.

-Chanel Base Comblante - is only meant as a spot treatment so I put it on my cheek, part of my forehead and nose. It looked nice and did not clog my pores. I will be keeping this for further testing.

-DHC Velvet Coat - I have tried a sample of this and ordered a regular size. So far, it's been okay and will probably be fine as an overall primer. I need to test further for the potential for clogging pores and really do a good comparison.

-Chanel Base Lumiere - this is on order and I will update my findings after testing. I've heard really nice things about this so keeping fingers crossed!

I'll keep you updated!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="scalawaggirl"]I could just weep with happiness because it seems I've finally found my elusive choice for MMU and I've tried a bunch. Color's a big problem for me for some reason - always too light, too orange and so on.

I agree with the others perfect match! I am trying different MMU; I don't have too much problems getting a colour match. I am usually the lightest shade in nuetral or slight yellow (ivory)BUT I have oily sensitive skin and what I can't tell from MMU websites is the "texture or feel" of the MMU and how it is going to work for my SKIN TYPE. Do you have to buff a lot to get a smooth natural application with U Glo? I prefer a lighter MMU that has buildable coverage as opposed to a heavier forumla that has to be buffed a lot.

What type of brush did you use? Kabuki, flat top or large fluffy (or floofy as Pure Luxe recommends)??

I have tried Cory - too heavy, can't colour match; must be buffed well
Pure Luxe - like it; lighter forumla
ED- ditto
Buff'd minerals (posted about my free samples earlier) nice coverage but a heavier forumla. I think this would work better for someone with dry skin.

Quote:
It is just the right amount of glow, not too matte and certainly not shiny at all.

This sounds almost perfect - glowy, not shiny or dry looking.

Any feedback on U Glo Girl or other MMU is appreciated? I really love MMU and I am still looking for HG foundation.

I kept hearing about Meow Cosmetics on MMM too.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn, UGG is almost a creamy texture and it goes on like a dream. I currently use the Jane Iredale Handi brush (flat top) and build up my layers, if needed. It doesn't take much of the product to get a nice finish, either. After I'm done w/the application, I buff w/a kabuki but do that to get a nice, flawless finish as that is my preference. It doesn't require heavy buffing at all.

I'd recommend getting samples. It is really a remarkable finish (light, fluffy and almost "creamy) and I have oily skin, though only sensitive to ingredients.

I have tried True (nice but couldn't get a color match and a bit too shiny), Alima (way too matte for me but nice colors), Aromaleigh (nicely matte but no color match), Jane Iredale (nice loose powder but no color match and hated the liquid form). I have heard good things about Meow. However, I won't be trying it because I'm very happy with the UGG!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Alima but it did not work for me. I am thinking of trying UGG but the $9 shipping to Canada makes the samples more expensive.

scalawaggirl - Does UGG emphasize pores at all? That's the problem I have with MMU that I tried.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, no, it doesn't emphasize them at all. I have had that problem before, as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
loveskincare wrote:
I tried Alima but it did not work for me. I am thinking of trying UGG but the $9 shipping to Canada makes the samples more expensive.

Loveskincare, Melissa at UGG refunded me US$2.50 on the $9.00 shipping charge - I was amazed and thrilled at her excellent CS Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
loveskincare wrote:

Loveskincare, Melissa at UGG refunded me US$2.50 on the $9.00 shipping charge - I was amazed and thrilled at her excellent CS Very Happy

Oh, yes! I forgot that Melissa refunded me the same as credit against my sample that I bought, which I thought was very, very nice. She is super attentive, as well. You cannot go wrong w/samples.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks anya and scalawaggirl. I will give UGG a try.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |