Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment and Lip Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I know I'm not Carrie, but I actually just asked her about that in a PM today for my order, and it seems like the problem with the squeeze tubes is that they require a crimping machine to close up the ends and unfortunately that's just too $$$ right now Sad
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
sark--thanks for the reply.

i was actually thinking about those tubes and how carrie would get the product in. i see, no problem then. i actually just placed another order with carrie regardless of the packaging. i also found that applying the lush lips with a lip brush made the color more uniform and more subtle.

yall are bad, i have the lush lips in apricot glow, but your descriptions of dulce vita and YLBB totally made me place another order Laughing .

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of blushing nude today and this is totally my FAVORITE out of all of CareKate's tinted lush lips!!! I think I might even like this better than YLBB. They're actually quite similar, I swapped them side by side and on my lips - YLBB is more rosy while Blushing Nude is more taupey nude. I just LOVE this colour, this nude really makes me THINK I look sexy in the mirror, can't rave enough about it. I actually think this is better than the original Viva Glam because I felt indifferent about the VG while I'm totally loving Blushing Nude.

YLBB and Blushing Nude are my HG colours now - I don't think I'll ever use lipstick again! These are both pigmented AND very good for my lips.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
hey - can everyone list their coloring and list their favorite color? I think that would help us color-challenged people.

(I just spent a frustrating hour looking at an online site and couldn't make heads-or-tails what the colors actually were ... you know, when they have 2 choices, Shadow or Black. WTH?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
That's a great idea Rjez!

I'm pretty fair MAC Studio Fix NC20, Alima mix of 80%O1 20%W1 so you can say I'm fair with light olive undertones. Brown hair, brown eyes (I'm Chinese, I dye my hair though because I've been told by everyone that black hair does not suit me).

Colours I've tried:
Coral Kiss - I like this, it's a beautiful colour but personal preference I like the natural look so it's a bit too much color for me. It looks quite nice on though
Apricot Glow - too orange for me
Sunrise Pink - this looks really nice on me too but it's a bit too bright for my liking
Dolce Vita - I really wanted to like this but on my lips it was a bright red instead of the colour in the pot. I still like it but I don't wear it often
YLBB - on me definitely lives up to its name
Blushing Nude - the most beautiful nude I've used, gives me a very natural colour but a little more sexiness than YLBB so it is by far my fav.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
OK, now I'm itching... how do I get ahold of Carekate, PM is not getting ahold of her and I really would love to order her products... Carekate, where art thou?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
OMGosh! Carrie, I owe you such a BIG, thank you, and I'm SOOOO sorry!

I just found, a couple days ago, in the envelope you sent the Lush Lash to me in, the sample of your Lush Lips! I was SOOOOOO excited to get Lush Lash, I took it out and never thought to look for, and didn't expect, anything else! I had stuck the envelope in a basket, so I wouldn't lose you info...

This balm is GREAT!!!! I put it on constantly.. My lips haven't felt this good and moisturized in, well, I can't remember when.. And specially this time of year, with the cold and dryness from the heat being on... They haven't felt dry at all!!!

I'm lemming to try the Blushing Nude, big time, now..

So, please forgive me for not saying anything to you sooner.. I had no idea...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui--i just PMed Carrie for the YLBB and Dulce Vita but yall are making me want the blushing nude! I don't even like neutral or nude colors even. Do you think that the blushing nude would be ok for someone used to brighter colors? when i think nude, i think JLo and when she went through her nude makeup phase and i did not like that at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I can't really say because sometimes colours are really personal preference. For example YLBB is in no way bright but if I were to get that colour I might choose the blushing nude instead. I prefer more natural colours, if you really like bright I'd go with coral kiss and sunrise pink. Both of them look good on me but are just too bright for my own liking. YLBB on me doesn't show up that much, however I must say that the YLBB I got was much less pigmented than the other colours. However I still really liked the tint of colour it imparted. With Blushing Nude it gives me that sexy nude celebrity lip (if that makes sense) and it goes quite well with my skintone (doesn't wash me out at all). I'd really just go for it because with Carrie's lush lips if you happen to not like one colour or if it doesn't work as well for you, you can always mix it with her other colours to 1. tone it down or 2. brighten it depending on what you layer on top.

HTH
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui--i might just try all the colors my goodness. so hard to decide, Rolling Eyes. i would think probably all of carrie's lush lip colors would be wearable for me considering i usually go for deeper berries and reds. For a change, I wanted something to give me the blush lip look so i think YLBB sounds good. I do know what you mean by the nude celebrity lips, and i do prefer more color for myself. thank you for answering my questions.

Kristen Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
That's a great idea Rjez!

I'm pretty fair MAC Studio Fix NC20, Alima mix of 80%O1 20%W1 so you can say I'm fair with light olive undertones. Brown hair, brown eyes (I'm Chinese, I dye my hair though because I've been told by everyone that black hair does not suit me).

Colours I've tried:
Coral Kiss - I like this, it's a beautiful colour but personal preference I like the natural look so it's a bit too much color for me. It looks quite nice on though
Apricot Glow - too orange for me
Sunrise Pink - this looks really nice on me too but it's a bit too bright for my liking
Dolce Vita - I really wanted to like this but on my lips it was a bright red instead of the colour in the pot. I still like it but I don't wear it often
YLBB - on me definitely lives up to its name
Blushing Nude - the most beautiful nude I've used, gives me a very natural colour but a little more sexiness than YLBB so it is by far my fav.

Thanks sormuimui! That's perfect. I'm Asian too but darker coloring - Dolce Vita looks fantastic on me, so I think I'll try Sunrise Pink and Apricot Glow.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I am really enjoying Carekate's lipbalms and overnite treatment for the lips. Another fan here for Carekate's product. I really like the tinted Plumping Balm over the regular tinted balm, it justs feels a little thicker and longer lasting than the regular even though I really like those also. I work as a waitress and don't really have time to touch up on my lips during the day. Something I like to do is apply a longer lasting lipstick and lightly apply some of the regular tinted balm over, it seems to really last a long time and my lips feel soft with a soft glow.
Thanks everyone for your advice on the different lipbalm colors. I'm Asian with a medium-dark tan complexion. My favorites so far are the Miel Noir and Honey Rose. I think I want to try next the Dulce Vita...plus others.Thanks again CareKate for your great product and your generous samples. I am really looking forward to your Lash Serum being available.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased both the Exfoliant and Lip Balm. Both these products are excellent. For the price you can not go wrong.

The exfoliant is a little powerhouse and wonderful pretreatment product. My lips were in excellent condition before applying balm. It tastes yummy too.

The balm I found to be very impressive. Not heavy at all, sinks in and my lips are hydrated (and stay so for hours). Of course when your lips are hydrated they look plumper which is a nice bonus. I am using the balm as a night treatment but also find it lovely under my lip tint during the day. For day use I only use a tad.

Carrie, I really like this product. In the past I have spent 25.00 to 50.00 on lip creams. Yours does the job just as well. Thanks Smile
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - I also love the lip balm - my lips never get dry using this at nighttime.
Very Happy
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love all of CareKate's lip products. I think they are the best I've ever used, and I use them religiously, every day and night. I think Blushing Nude is the prettiest shade of anything I've ever worn. Pretty, a YLBB, with a touch of oomph that just takes it to perfection. It's Carrie's version of MAC Viva Glam V, which I have, but have only worn twice since I bought it last Summer. Just didn't thrill me. CK version is much much better.

Another shade I haven't seen mentioned, is Scarlet, a true sheer red. Very pretty. I thought it might be too red, but it reminds me of being outside in the cold and feeling invigorated. (no, not blue lips!)

I've said it before, but this one is worth repeating, Ck's lip products do it all, and they do it in such a beautiful, tasty way. What a value!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I feel like breaking out into a classic Etta James ditty:

“At laaassssttttt, my looooovvvveeee has come along....”

What has inspired such a song in my heart? I finally found a place to get some of those “click-style pen” containers in which to put Lush Lips for those that hate having to dig around in the little pots! Yeah, I really wanted the lip squeezy tubes that were previously discussed, but I can’t afford to buy the crimping machine that’s required to seal the tubes so this is the next best thing – check it out:
*CareKate does the Ren & Stimpy “Happy Dance"*

I’m pretty sure these little babies will also work for the Lemon-Neem Cuticle Balm for those who are craving a portable version to carry in their purse, but which won’t necessitate me having to change the formula to accomodate something like a twist up lip balm tube....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:11 am      Reply with quote
These are great!! They look like the Stila lip thingys...
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I feel like breaking out into a classic Etta James ditty:

“At laaassssttttt, my looooovvvveeee has come along....”

What has inspired such a song in my heart? I finally found a place to get some of those “click-style pen” containers in which to put Lush Lips for those that hate having to dig around in the little pots! Yeah, I really wanted the lip squeezy tubes that were previously discussed, but I can’t afford to buy the crimping machine that’s required to seal the tubes so this is the next best thing – check it out:
*CareKate does the Ren & Stimpy “Happy Dance"*

I’m pretty sure these little babies will also work for the Lemon-Neem Cuticle Balm for those who are craving a portable version to carry in their purse, but which won’t necessitate me having to change the formula to accomodate something like a twist up lip balm tube....

This looks great, Carrie. It looks very easy and convenient to carry around in your purse.
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie- those look perfect. I've bought lip gloss in containers just like those, and they're great!!
Robin
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
^^ those are great packages. i loved some lip sglosses that I had in that type of container. I think they were Bonne Bell Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really lemming CareKate's lip products!! My lips are really dry without lip balms..
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Does Carrie have her lip balms available in a tube yet? I'm starting to run low on my balms & want to re-order w/it in a tube for easier application.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I just rec'd some samples of the overnight lip balm and scrub - just in time. I'm always struggling with dry chapped lips in the winter but on top of that I have a bad cold, I can only breathe out of my mouth and it reeks havoc on my lips. So I put Carrie's products to the test last night (the worst night of my cold), used the scrub and then the balm, and woke up this morning with soft lips!

Benefit gave me a full tube of their lip exfoliator for free last time I purchased some of their products and it never did anything for me. Carrie's lip scrub is much more effective.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Carrie--those lip containers are great!

I also have to say, everyone should also try the lip scrub, i have been using it everyday in the shower and my lips are always kissable now and my lipstick goes on so smoothly. thanks Carrie!

Kristen Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to place an order for the full-size scrub and balm right away, my lips have not looked or felt this good in months. The scrub rocks! Both products are instantly addictive.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |