Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MommyDearest,

Do you mean the upper cheek on the edges (zyg minor) or frontally (caput infra-orbitale)? Are you trying to build up only or up and out? With FE there are two for the zyg minor and one for the caput. My zyg minor has really built up nicely -- and it did so fairly quickly. I'm having a harder time withe caput. It has lifted some but but I'd like it to go a bit higher and also build more projection outwards (volume). This is harder to build, I think, and my technique was wrong for some time.

I have both programs and prefer FE. Personal opinion. Good luck!

Vangirl

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
sorry if it is confusing. Don't worry about it. I am fine. Just with the Wink I really am not seeing much finger movement but perhaps I have to pull down farther over the muscle. When I pull down the muscle it pulls my lower eye lid down. Is that supposed to happen? Are you supposed to pull that much?

Yes, when I do Wink, it pulls my lower eye lid down, too.

mommydearest wrote:
so in general would you say that you can't take her instructions to "train hard" too literally if you are a person who tends to work hard naturally? Would you say that eventually you want the muscles to move the fingers? You don't want to apply so much pressure in towards the skull that the muscle hardly moves and causes just a super deep contraction? Seeing the muscles move upward is an important part of the exercise?

YES, EXACTLY Smile

Here's some information on the differences between the two approaches that may help:

If the muscle does not move because you are "working too hard"--applying so much resistance that it does not move--you will still get some benefit and a small amount of muscle build. This approach to exercise where you apply resistance but the muscle does not move is known as isometric exercise. It is particularly good for toning--so you could mix it up and use this type of approach when you want to tone muscles, as Sean suggests for mixing it up--but it is not very good at building or increasing the size of your muscles. Isometrics do a good job of increasing strength near the ends of the muscle, but in a way that you don't get much visible muscle build. An example of an isometric exercise would be to hold a weight in place with your bicep curled at a right angle for a long time without moving. Another example would be the exercise system T-Tapp, which incorporates several isometric exercises and hence claims to create lean muscles and more muscle density towards the ends of the muscle.

If you want to increase the size of your muscles though, then you want to train as hard as you can, but still have the muscle move a lot, which means through its entire range of motion. A good analogy here would be doing dumbbell curls for your biceps. For each repetition of dumbbell curls, you want to fully extend your arms so that they are straight at the beginning of the rep. Then you curl your bicep in towards your body bringing the weight as close to your shoulder as possible...then you extend your arm straight again with the weight. That large amount of moving constitutes moving through the full range of motion: your bicep starts out in a stretched/relaxed position, contracts as much as possible all the way in to touch your shoulder while lifting the weight, and then extends back out to the starting fully extended/relaxed position. This would constitute one repetition (rep) of the exercise. In this scheme, you want the weight to be very heavy, so that it is difficult to do one rep, but still light enough that you can lift the dumbbell all the way to your shoulder and back down again. This approach does a good job of increasing strength and hence the size of the belly of the muscle. This type of approach to exercise--lifting heavy weights while slowly contracting and the elongating the muscle through its full range of motion--results in the most visible muscle build and increase in volume. This is why bodybuilders use this approach, and do not use isometric exercise or micro-current devices for their muscles; these other two approaches do not build muscles nearly as much.

Both approaches are useful, but they have different affects on the muscle. The sum total of all the differences between isometric and dynamic resistance exercises are somewhat more complex than this, but these are probably the main differences you need to know.

Does that explain things a bit better, and also when to use each of the two approaches? HTH Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |