Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Ok,no worries, I found it!

Sunni, is it the same movement as facialflex, or a series of movements?

It looks good, I'd like to try it.

BTW, Since this thread began I got the facial flex and began using it, and I have a thought about why some people have got lines/wrinkles/skin damage from using it.

It is very important to use the underlyingmuscle to move the the device. If you use the skin, I can imagine it will be a very harsh experience.

I know from pilates, how to isolate muscles and use them specifically. If I didnt know this, I might have just pulled the device in with 'brute force'.

As it is, I consciously use my muscles, not anything else, to slide it in.

Just a thought.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Ive been wanting to get the flexeffect programe but dont know if i can play the dvd in Australia.

They havent answered my email about it either Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I've had both FlexEffect and Carol M's Facercise book for years but, never used them. After finding this thread on the forum I dug out my FlexEffect watched it and still am not sure if I should bother! There is a lot of tugging on the skin. I wouldn't mind just doing certain exercises, but the ladies on the FE forum told me you should do all of them otherwise your face would become unbalanced Shock
I just ordered Facial Flex yesterday from QVC. I never heard of it before this thread! I'm in Canada, so hopefully it won't take ages to get here Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I was in Barnes and Noble and saw a book "Facial Fitness" by Patricia Goroway. Skimming thru it there were many exercises for different parts of the face. Has anyone ever heard of it? I am just wondering if the facial exercises put out by different authors are that different. Thanks.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I don't talk I just write everything down(can't age) Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
At the moment I'm looking for facial excercises that work the forehead.

It seems most excercises are for the lower face..

Anyone know any forehead lifters?!
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Catski, there is an exercise to lift the forehead in Carole Maggio's Facercise. I'll quote the method, hope you can follow it without the illustrations. METHOD Do this in a sitting position, or lying down. Place the index fingers of both hands high on the forehead so that they're parallel to the top of each brow. Now pull the fingers down so that they're approx. half inch above the brows. While fingers are pressing down, concentrate on pushing the eyebrows up. Push eyebrows up and release 10 times. Now hold eyebrows in the up position continuing to keep fingers pressed down- and do so until you feel a tight band of pressure above the brows. Hold them up and count to 20. Release. Do this twice a day. It helps to clear the head and make you more alert. To correct a heavy or scowling brow, do it 3 times a day.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Anyone know any for lines above top lip?

Mine arent deep but i can see a few fine one's popping up

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Caroleb69, Here's another from the same book that enlarges the lips and smooths lines from upper lip. METHOD - Close your lips. Don't clench your teeth. Put the tip of your index finger in between your upper and lower lips. Press lips together and visualise your finger as a pencil that you sre crushing. Slowly pull your finger out from the centre of your lips while seeing and feeling the pencil. Draw the energy point out and lengthen your imaginary pencil until you feel the burn. Pulse your finger up and down quickly for a count of 30. Do this twice a day.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:06 am      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Catski, there is an exercise to lift the forehead in Carole Maggio's Facercise. I'll quote the method, hope you can follow it without the illustrations. METHOD Do this in a sitting position, or lying down. Place the index fingers of both hands high on the forehead so that they're parallel to the top of each brow. Now pull the fingers down so that they're approx. half inch above the brows. While fingers are pressing down, concentrate on pushing the eyebrows up. Push eyebrows up and release 10 times. Now hold eyebrows in the up position continuing to keep fingers pressed down- and do so until you feel a tight band of pressure above the brows. Hold them up and count to 20. Release. Do this twice a day. It helps to clear the head and make you more alert. To correct a heavy or scowling brow, do it 3 times a day.

Thankyou!
that's nice and simple, easy to remember too, - basically a resistance /callanetic type move.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Caroleb69, Here's another from the same book that enlarges the lips and smooths lines from upper lip. METHOD - Close your lips. Don't clench your teeth. Put the tip of your index finger in between your upper and lower lips. Press lips together and visualise your finger as a pencil that you sre crushing. Slowly pull your finger out from the centre of your lips while seeing and feeling the pencil. Draw the energy point out and lengthen your imaginary pencil until you feel the burn. Pulse your finger up and down quickly for a count of 30. Do this twice a day.

Thanks Smile Im a bit confused - does the finger stay between your lips the whole time?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
No, you pull your finger out, but still hold your lips as though it's still there. I find this hard to do as well. I'm not very good at this "visualisation" thing!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Ah ok, thanks Smile Its easier when you have a video to follow or book. Im not sure if im doing them correctly sometimes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
well, i've always had chubby cheeks even when i was 10kg underweight as a teenager (ah the good ole days Laughing )

anyways i just turned 37 and my double chin (which I've had forever) has become even more prominent and my chubby cheeks are sagging Sad ( i am another one of those 'sagger not wrinkler' people)

so after reading about facial exercises i was very interested in doing something about it but i know me, i need some kind of gadget to help me along. i was going to go for facial flex but then stumbled across flex away. the before and after photos on the web site looks amazing (ah toned chin! high cheekbones!)

so i've just received it a few days ago and will post my results after about 6 weeks. (i totally get the problems some have with inserting the thing, it took me three viewings of the vcd and a few tries before I could even put it in my mouth! Laughing

anyone out there who's had any experience with the flex away? appreciate your feedback!
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
ive never done facial exercises other than in yoga when in certain stretches of the body you gotta pull your head back and stuck your tongue out and down... was never sure WHY we were supposed to do that but my teacher always had us do it...
ive been really curious about this for ages-
http://touch-ds.jp/mfs/kao_training/index.html
it's a nintendo ds game with an attachable camera so that you can actually see yourself do the exercises and follow them closely. ill probably pick it up only if it goes on sale though...
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cahoot. I received the Flex-away a few weeks ago. No matter how I tried, it wouldn't fit in my mouth! I contacted their CS, and they said it must have been sent out with the wrong size rubber bands. They said I could return it, or they would send the correct bands, or if I waited, in a few weeks they have a customer friendly version coming out, much easier to insert, and they would send me one. They said to not to return the other one. Excellent customer service! I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives. By the way, I've also got a Facial Flex which I've used for a couple of years now, but it only tones the lower face, which is why I wanted the Flex-away.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
hi lillilulu,
thanks for your reply! they're coming out with a new version in a few weeks? i wish they'd told me that when i ordered. but i did manage to put it in my mouth in the end and have been exercising 3 times a day for a week now. the problem i have is, i don't actually know whether i'm doing it right, i hardly feel any fatigue and it's too early to tell in terms of results. i'll e-mail beverly and ask. it's just that i read somewhere someone said it's harder to do than facial flex but other than inserting it, i don't think it's difficult to do at all.
appreciate if you could post once you get the new version, and your thoughts on it!! here's to chiselled cheekbones and tight jawlines! Laughing
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to post this link I found. It has some of the Flexeffect exercises on the site

http://searchwarp.com/swa64477.htm

I found it when doing a search for some lower cheek exercises Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
carol, thanks so much for that link!

There is actually an excercise there for the frown area, which is precisely what I need!

That is truly a find. very helpful.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Thats ok Very Happy

I was excited to find it too. Ive been wanting to see an example of some of the flexeffect exercises.

Funny i was googling face exercises last week and this didnt turn up. Today i typed lower cheek exercises and this turned up.

Have just been doing some of them. A couple seem a bit tricky though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to know about these exercises without buying the entire system, too.

I'm sure the DVD is really worth getting. But there's not much likelihood of me doing 30 mins a day of facial excercises, which I understand is what they suggest.

The little flex device is fabulous for lower face/neck, and one of the things which means you never put off using it, is you dont have to
think about what you're doing. I do it while taking out my lenses (or whatever) in the bathroom, so it doesnt add time to my routine, I can double up on what I'm doing.

I dont really get about building UP the facial muscles, rather than toning them. Does this mean I 'll end up with a neanderthal brow?? Embarassed
sjeann

Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I purchased the Flex-away after reading about it on this forum and have been using it since about August 10. I have a problem with lower face sag, especially at the corners of the mouth. I am definitely noticing improvements since using the Flex-away so am quite excited. I have used the Facial Flex for about 3 years and still do but did not get the improvements I am seeing from Flex-away.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ive been looking at the before/after pics of the flexaway. I can really only see a difference around the jawline on these people.

No other lines seem to be reduced to me. Not even the nose to mouth lines.

Does anyone else think the same? Still i want to try the new version when it comes out soon. It seems an easier way to do it than normal face exercises. I dont really like all the pulling on the skin some of them do.

With that other face device ( the one someone mentioned gave them lines) is there any chance that could happen with flexaway as well?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:31 am      Reply with quote
sjeann
do you find it tiring to do? i don't find it tiring at all even though I do up to 60 reps each session so am i doing something wrong? I've only been using it for about 2 weeks so i'm not expecting anything to happen just yet Very Happy

carolb69
i believe there is a lifting of the eyebrows as well, and cheekbones too. for me my target areas are my double chin and chubby cheeks so i'm hoping to get the same results. it's quite convenient, i'm so fickle if it takes 20 or more mins a day chances are high i'll 'drop out' after a while but this takes such little time, i actually do it in the shower to save time!

fingers crossed!!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I didnt buy the flexaway, because I read that it was quite painful, needed a lubricant to insert it into the mouth,and because the website doesnt give a diagram or demonstration and any real explanation of how it is any different/better than facialflex.

facialflex has a little diagrammatic animation on their site which makes total sense and explains how to do the excercise. I saw results with facialflex SO fast. I'm tremendously pleased with it.

If flexaway really does give this extra lift to the face - not just the jawline - I really would like to know about it.

I just cant find enough info or feedback about it to influence me into trying it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |