Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Maggio book from the library, to make a comparison with her exercises, alongside the Tal Reinhart and the Flex effect that I already know.

My first impression is definitely that the Maggio exercises are more complex. The 'imagine a line of energy untill you feel the burn' stuff seemed more intnse and attention - requiring than the other exercises, which can be done while watching TV or whatever.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I sent my flex away device back this week. Couldnt get the blasted thing to work for me!

I think I'll try the flex effect instead but i doubt ill do all 40 exercises! that is way too time consuming.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
No, I dont think you need to do the whole 40. Definitely not.

But it's nice to be able to pick and choose the ones you need, and they are all pretty simple and quick.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had personal experience with multiple facial exercise programs? I am currently doing Tal Reinhart's program along with the Facial Flex - but should I be looking at something else too such as Flex Away, Carol Maggio, Flex Effect?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
The facial flex is good for the jawline area;you only need to do that 2 minutes aday...thats easy to do....I think out of all the prorams I think flex effect is the best.I like the fact that they have a message board for Q and A.I like her program with the CD;the DVD and the comprehensive book.She has no sag at all at 55.
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Does facial flex help lift the cheeks up also or is it mainly for the firming of the jawline?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I believe it is mostly for the jawline and jowl area,you can really feel it in that area after doing the exercise. flexeffect exercises are supposed to raise the cheeks.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Facial Exercises are my next "thing". So many to choose from. I like the idea that the Flex Effect "lifts cheeks" - althought the lower face sag is starting to show a little also. Lucy Luc, Do you do a combo of exercises - and how frequently do you do these? And what time do you spend daily?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets - it is great that you are looking into facial exercises! Very Happy This is one thing that I try to do consistently, daily. I spend about 15 -20 min, but it is possible to spend more if desired.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
MPSTAT - Obviously you've seen that these work! Any favorites?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I believe any facial exercises would be better then none at all. I do FlexEffect, but again I do lots of variations of the FE exercises that suit me. FE addresses every need possible (I do not do all 40 exercises).

Many facial exercises systems have somewhat similar exercises that overlap. I find FE to be the most comprehensive system. At the same time one can "borrow" from other systems or come up with ones modifications.

There are exercises in FE, and Tal Reinhart that resemble Facial Flex. Instead of Facial Flex device the hands are used. This exercise might be easier to do with Facial Flex as opposed with hands. So they can sort of compliment each other. But if you do not have Facial Flex device you still can manage it with your hands.

I like Carole Maggio neck exercise. When I start doing neck exercises, I might consider one that involves lying on the floor and lifting the head looking left/right. (It has resistance in form of head weight and it appeals to me). Some of her exercises are convoluted though, for example visualizing/imagining what is happening in nasolabial folds area or imagining pencil crashing with lips ??? For those areas FE has very clear directions and resistance exercises with actual muscles involved.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Thanks so much for the info on this thread. Most of you will know I whinge about a slackening jawline as my pet beauty peeve. I really hate to see my jawline softening. I have been doing some exercises from the links here to tone that area and there are results!!! So thanks. I have been trying to find Cynthia Rowland's techniques in the UK but no luck so far. I also got a product from Bliss called "Thinny Chin Chin" with centella asiatica in it - too early yet to give a verdict but will let you know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I do facial exercises every now and then, to improve my skin.... I do neck exercises when I swim in the pool.... Just like the body, the facial muscles are also important to "keeping fit"....

catski wrote:
I'd love to find a brief routine that's tried and tested, that I can do, say, while watching TV.

Does anyone have a recommendation, please?

(I want particularly to do some neck excercise to stop turkey neck coming Sad , and something to refine cheekbone structure.)
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I use the facial flex everyday since I keep it in the car and do that for 2 or 3 minutes a day,its so easy to do. I bought flex effect and am trying to decide which exercises I need, I dont think the dvd does all 40. Unfortunately these are hard to do when driving!There is one exercise I dont like,the one where she pulls her lower lids down,I wont do that I think it could make the lower lids sag.I have already had a MAJOR plastic surgery makeover, I dont want to get my lids done again,I just want to maintain the looks that surgery gave me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Any updates on the Flex Effect results LucyLuc?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have been so busy I havent had time to even start and then I lost my password to get into their chatroom. I dont really have sag since I had surgery but I want to do them as a preventative so I wont need surgery. Its on my "TO DO LIST" when I get a block of time to go over the whole program and asses how many exercises I need to do.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the Maggio book at the same time as a book by Ellae Elinwood. I would not have been able to figure out the Maggio exercises without the Elinwood book. Both books were/are useful. Some of the exercises are easily done in the car on my morning commute.
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
After reading this forum and some other forums I decided to buy the Flex Effect package and made an order in the beginning of March. The parcel came very quickly and I started to do some of the exercises already. Mostly on my frown line, neck and eye lids. I know that it is better to do exercises for all facial muscles as possible but (to keep it going) it was easier for me to remember just few exercises for areas of my concerns and to spend a little less time then if I do all exercises. This helps me a lot to do them every day! Moreover, few months ago I resumed to use Facial flex, so I hope that I cover one more area, too.
I must say that I am really impressed with the results (from 15th of March). My frown line is still there but it looks not so visible as before. But the best result I got is in my under-eye area. Creepiness lessened and skin looks more elastic then I could get from the most wonderful creams I used.
The only point is that I have just changed my eye cream for more cheap and unknown one. Anyway, I don't believe that this cream had such a pronounced effect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Mau that’s brilliant your results. I think the only difficulty most people have when it comes to facial exercises is no matter what system you do – it takes time for the face to get accustomed to being worked out (just as the body). That said though, in a years time the facial muscles usually learn to love being handled and you can really feel the pump of the blood flowing into those facial muscles.

I think any form of exercise is better than none at all. FlexEffect is my favourite at the moment, and I have experienced quite a few, because I feel it really does target each muscle and I love the way there is a forum that supports its users. I have also met Deb in real life (I’m a FE trainer) and she really does practice what she preaches.

Facercise is a good program that people do report good results from, but I find a lot of them do take time to learn, focus on energy etc (and if you have a passion for that its great, but if you don’t sometimes you get lost a little).
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
... FlexEffect is my favourite at the moment, and I have experienced quite a few, because I feel it really does target each muscle and I love the way there is a forum that supports its users. I have also met Deb in real life (I’m a FE trainer) and she really does practice what she preaches....

Hi Sean - so great to see you here!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Welcome to the forum!
Now we have a FlexEffect expert on EDS board!!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hey MP

I have been viewing EDS for ages (Nanci at NCN) got me watching late last year, I just didn't have time to join in till Feb and then schedule got busy teaching. I just haven't had time to post yet but there are so many threads I want to comment on!!

Sean
Nanay

Mon May 26, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
A friend emailed me some exercises to do at home.
I have been doing them for the past month and I am surprised about how fast my hollowed looking cheeks have toned and filled up.

I have done it with just regular foam from a bath sponge and it works good to my eyes.

Hubby was the one to first notice the improvement.

My main concern was my gaunt face after drooping few pounds and I still don't look, generally speaking as I would like but much, much better.

Blessings

PS: the system doesn't let me post the link. If any of you want to know, please pm me and I will give you the link.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I hate to say it, but don't you find Eva Fraser's face weird though? I stopped doing her exercises after I saw her on TV - it freaked me out.

Yeah, and she moves her face in a strange way when she talks too. Like she's trying not to snarl or something. Neutral
starbuck
5% products discount

Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
wow! I wish I could find this post earlier,so much useful informations! thank you everyone! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I told my mum about kissing the ceiling today Laughing

She tried it out and really felt her muscles working. I tried it too - three times - kissing thirty times each go.

I think it's actually made a difference to my jaw already. Not visually, but because of my general joint problems (I'm hypermobile and my muscles don't always hold my joints firmly enough) every time I move my jaw it clicks on both sides. It's done this for years with no relief whatsoever. Sometimes it clicks badly. Very loud, very painful.

Well, since I've been doing the jaw exercises one side of my jaw has suddenly stopped clicking completely Shock

Obviously I can't say for sure it's the exercise, but, as I said, my jaw has been clicking for years with no relief so I don't think it's a coincidence. I'm going to keep at it and see what happens to the other side. I hope it works
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |