Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sister sweets,

My book is for lifting and firming your face, not maintenance. I sent you a PM about it, hoping this is ok, Loulou Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks LouLou. I wrote you back. It sure would be nice to not HAVE to do 40 exercises everday. Even alternating would be a relief.

Does your book work on firming the jawline also? It sure looks so by your pics.

Do you think that massage is helpful? I like the idea of toning and if the massage does this - maybe I won't need to do as much FE for lower face???!!! Or is this wishful thinking.

Thanks for coming aboard and giving us options. Appreciate it.

Sis
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:
BTW, anyone here doing the facial exercises in this link below? It's free so I would like to know how reliable it is? Confused
www.dermaxime.com/facial-exercises.htm

I wanna work on my eyelids and nasal folds. So it makes sense that I work on my cheeks so that they look more lifted as well as my nasal folds? But I'm afraid the cheek exercises will increase the lines around my mouth in the long run cuz of the constant movements everyday, just like when u smile?

so anybody?? ... no replies? Sad

Stardustdy - they have kiss the ceiling neck exercise that quite a few of us do, myself including. It is #2 under neck exercises section
http://www.dermaxime.com/facia-exercises-neck-throat.htm#Exercise%202%20free%20facial%20exercises%20-%20neck%20throat

Thanks for replying mpstat! Smile So do u feel that the kiss the ceiling exercise help with the nasal folds?... If u have any that's it Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy - kiss the ceiling will not help NL folds since it is a neck exercise, sorry for not being clear about it. For NL folds you need cheeks, especially upper cheeks exercises.

Also the exercises on dermaxime web site do not use resistance, and I believe that resistance exercises are the most effective ones. I have been doing FlexEffect which is a system of resistance exercises, and I have been very happy with FlexEffect. Also Loulou came up with her version of resistance exercises.
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I apologize if my question has already been answered in this thread, but do the Flex Effect neck exercises help with the vertical crepey skin that appears on the throat?

It starts at that little dip right above the collar bone and goes about half way up. With my chin down, I've got this Shar-pei effect going on. When I raise my chin, this vertical crepey skin shows up. I first notice it in my rear-view mirror, while driving, and was so horrified I almost caused an accident! Shock

Does anyone know what I mean by this weird description?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
To those of you who are doing the facial exercises - are some of you still using the Vaculifter? If you are, I would be interested in hearing whether you think that it is possible to combine some exercises whilst using the Vaculifter. When I use it I contort my face all over the place so I'm thinking that maybe those of you that are experienced in facial exercise could come up with something that could be combined with the Vaculifter and kill two birds with one stone. Thoughts anyone?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - FlexEffect recommends facial massage in conjunction with facial exercises. Vaculifter does not replace facial exercises, but might serve in lieu of the massage. In other words you need both exercises AND massage (vaculifter).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Keliu - FlexEffect recommends facial massage in conjunction with facial exercises. Vaculifter does not replace facial exercises, but might serve in lieu of the massage. In other words you need both exercises AND massage (vaculifter).

Exactly! So what I'm suggesting is contorting the face (exercising) whilst using the vaculifter. For example, kissing the ceiling whilst using the vaculifter on the neck.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Well, with resistance exercises as FlexEffect or Loulou's exercises it would be impossible to exercise and vaculift at the same time just because for FlexEffect one uses BOTH hands during exercises to create resistance. Kiss the ceiling is a different matter, I can see that there is a possibility, but you would not save much time for this exercise only, in addition you will not be able to fully concentrate on neither exercising nor vaculifting.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
To those of you who are doing the facial exercises - are some of you still using the Vaculifter? If you are, I would be interested in hearing whether you think that it is possible to combine some exercises whilst using the Vaculifter. When I use it I contort my face all over the place so I'm thinking that maybe those of you that are experienced in facial exercise could come up with something that could be combined with the Vaculifter and kill two birds with one stone. Thoughts anyone?

If you have vacuflifter go go for it.... If you do not Use your fingers and massage. As I understand either will work the same.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat, so the kiss the ceiling exercise that u tried, does it help tighten your chin & neck? I understand that resistence exercise helps better but for now, I just want to try out the free exercise first as my nasal folds are not too deep...just noticeable when it's dry. So do u think the cheek exercises from dermaxime would be any help? Thanks so much! Smile
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pinky,

On the part of the throat where you're describing is the part of the throat where the platysma muscle isn't actually attached to the skin, so unfortunately you can't exactly tighten the skin there by exercise.

But, the same muscle that covers the throat (platysma) is attached to the lower part of the face, so you'd probably be able to pull it up a little. If you'd like to send me your email I'll send you the exercise I do for this. Also, as we get older we lose the habit of holding the jaw up and back so it drops forward making the area beneath looser, just as slumping the shoulders makes the breasts collapse Laughing It's easy to rectify this just by doing a jaw exercise every now and then, but that only needs doing rarely to be effective.

The best thing you can do for your neck skin (as opposed to the jaw-line itself) in my experience is to be brave and tug at the skin there a little (vaculifter sounds good, or Flexeffect massage, or just pinch areas of skin between your thumb and forefinger and pull). I know this sounds terrifying but FE veterans or anyone who's read Elinor Glyn's 1926 'wrinkle book' will tell you that honestly it works! Also brushing the skin on your face and neck as I know a lot of people here do already absolutely rocks Very Happy

pinky1 wrote:
I apologize if my question has already been answered in this thread, but do the Flex Effect neck exercises help with the vertical crepey skin that appears on the throat?

It starts at that little dip right above the collar bone and goes about half way up. With my chin down, I've got this Shar-pei effect going on. When I raise my chin, this vertical crepey skin shows up. I first notice it in my rear-view mirror, while driving, and was so horrified I almost caused an accident! Shock

Does anyone know what I mean by this weird description?
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu,

I agree with mpstat and sister sweets. Any way you can challenge your skin sounds good. Cool
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
mpstat, so the kiss the ceiling exercise that u tried, does it help tighten your chin & neck? I understand that resistence exercise helps better but for now, I just want to try out the free exercise first as my nasal folds are not too deep...just noticeable when it's dry. So do u think the cheek exercises from dermaxime would be any help? Thanks so much! Smile

Hi Stardustdy,

Sorry, but I get an error message when I click on the exercises link Rolling Eyes , but I can reassure you that you won't make your n/l lines worse by exercise. As mpstat says, the cheek exercises ie those that get you to smile or move your mouth corners up towards the temples will draw the weight of the cheeks back up and out. You get the nose-mouth lines because the cheeks fall down and in as the muscles slacken Shock

Also any exercise that asks you to make a snarling expression or show the upper teeth will target a muscle called the caninus that's underneath (deeper) than the cheek muscles. This is right under the line you get nose to mouth and building it pushes the crease up and out. HTH Ll Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Also any exercise that asks you to make a snarling expression or show the upper teeth will target a muscle called the caninus that's underneath (deeper) than the cheek muscles. This is right under the line you get nose to mouth and building it pushes the crease up and out. HTH Ll Smile

So you mean all that snarling at my husband is helping? Laughing
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:08 am      Reply with quote
rofl Laughing

Yes Keliu... snarl hard and look like you mean it! You can also try getting kids to pester you while you're reading EDS or watching final episode of long TV series Very Happy

Keliu wrote:
otherloulou wrote:

So you mean all that snarling at my husband is helping? Laughing
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Keliu

Try it out and see how it works for you. I did try what you were describing and it didn't work for me personally.

I just didn't get maximum contractions as when just using my fingers. The vaculifter is brilliant for connective tissue, but it needs a lot of manipulating to really get to the individual muscles and work the fibres deeply enough.

So with people who Flex and have the device, I tell them to do their exercises and then do a basic hands on massage (where they use their hands to work the individual muscles etc) and then finish with the vaculifter (for the connective tissue).

It sounds a lot but it really isn't and like most things, when you get into a regular habit of doing so you can fly through it.

Sean[quote="Keliu"]To those of you who are doing the facial exercises - are some of you still using the Vaculifter? If you are, I would be interested in hearing whether you think that it is possible to combine some exercises whilst using the Vaculifter. When I use it I contort my face all over the place so I'm thinking that maybe those of you that are experienced in facial exercise could come up with something that could be combined with the Vaculifter and kill two birds with one stone. Thoughts anyone?[/quote]
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy - I do not have problem skin on neck and doing just a couple of neck exercises.

1. I believe that kiss the ceiling is helpful to tighten the muscles. You need to do it very hard to feel very strong stretch.
2. In addition to kiss the ceiling you can do another semi-resistance exercise, where you use weight of your head to exercise muscles of your neck. Lay down on the floor, raise your head 1-2 inches from the floor and SLOWLY keep turning your head from left to right 180 degrees.

Try these two exercises and see how you respond to them in a couple of weeks.
There are many neck resistance exercises in the book.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - I strongly believe that resistance exercises are the way to go.

Deb Crowley the inventor of FlexEffect originally was a body builder, and applied body building principals to facial building. Think about the difference in effectiveness between results achieved by body builders vs. non-targeted conventional exercises. With facial building you can get results more effectively, have more control, and get into maintenance mode once you satisfied with the progress. (you do not need to get all muscly)

Initially I got two facial exercises systems Facetcise by Carol Maggio and FlexEffect by Deborah Crowley. FlexEffect is hands down more effective.

Another point to consider.... Think about how much money we spend on lotions, devices, etc. Compared to them price for facial exercises books and DVD is next to nothing, and benefits are tremendous. Many flexers do not do fillers, avoid plastic surgeries, not to mention they have more youthful faces!!!! What can one ask for more?

All you need decent instructions, understanding, and dedication.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
bethany wrote:
I currently own the Facial Flex (works the lower face) which I love, and FlexEffect (probably the most comprehensive, but too time-consuming for me since I took the Job From Hell). I just ordered the Flex Effect and LouLou's book called "Ageless if You dare" which requires FAR less time than FlexEffect.

I'll weigh in on all of them after they are all in my possession. Very Happy

OOOOHHH! Can't wait to hear about Lou Lou's book.
Thanks.

Yeah, me too! Laughing

Louise, is that really you in the picture? You look thirty or forty years younger Shock
younggma
5% products discount

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm interested in purchasing LouLou's ebook - does it include facial massage info? Thanks
FitFifty
5% products discount

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:05 am      Reply with quote
FYI, someone's already taken me up on the FlexAway offer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
younggma - you can get Loulou's book here: http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137
younggma
5% products discount

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, mstat, I recently bought a facial exercise program that doesn't include much about facial massage. In reading posts on this site, it seems like massage is important, as well as exercise. So, I'm curious if LouLou's program gives any details on facial massage or is it just a facial exercise program Question

I've really enjoyed reading this forum the past several years and finally decided to join. Thanks . . .
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
younggma - it is FlexEffect program contains in depth info on facial massage: http://flexeffect.com/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |