Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Molly wrote:
No Majorb really *don't* - her face is firm, but *frightening* Shock Shock in fact her eyes look like that too.

So it's a choice between looking old, normal and friendly - or young, bizarre and scary? Laughing

hmmm, I reckon I look old, bizarre and friendly in a scary way.. Bad Grin
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
12 mins, wow I have this book somewhere, did it long ago, why'd I think 20-30 mins...gonna def recheck this book, they def do work if one is diligent.

I was thinking the same as you, Melissa...only 12 minutes? That would be great! I did buy the Facercise video years ago (and tranferred it to DVD recently)...so I'm hoping it's still the same set of exercises as on the new DVD. I think I'll check out the book in Barnes & Noble and see if there are any new exercises I don't recognize from my DVD...

I've been using the DermalTone and really like it, but confess that I slack off sometimes because it takes me so long to do it (and sometimes I don't want to drag out the machine)! Okay, maybe it's only 20-25 minutes but I have the attention span of a two year old sometimes... Laughing So, it'd be nice to have a routine I could do virtually anywhere and in a short amount of time!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I don't think you can end up looking freaky overnight Scalawaggirl. I agree with Lillilulu it would take a lot of diligence and time so I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you're really going for it.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a woman in a shop once & I couldn't help looking at her because something was weird. It was the same thing as mentioned above she had old eyes & looked about my age but not a wrinkle anywhere but it looked she had been lifted not excercised. She did look freaky. Surprised
It did kind of put me off having a face lift.

I had a look at the link to the facial excercises in this thread. Was sat here watching tv doing them when my hubby asked me if I was having some kind of seizure & did I need a lift to the hospital. Normally I do my weird things in private but I got carried away. Rolling Eyes

Molly are you back living in England now Question Hope you don't mind me asking. I noticed your signature line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, hello Loopylori Smile I moved back just over a week ago, but I'm not sure if I'll stay forever. Where have you been anyway?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

I haven't really been anywhere. I got to the point where I had so many cosmetics, gadgets etc & was spending soooo much time on EDS that I was getting withdrawal symptoms if I missed a day. I was also going quickly bankrupt because I had to buy everything recommended by the people on here who's opinions I value.

So I decided the only way to control myself was to go cold turkey. I found something else to do which was quite time consuming. I have missed the boards though & I am using considerable restraint & not spending all my time on here & I am NOT going to buy more stuff than I can ever use up in my lifetime.

How are you settling back in Question
are you working or taking a well earned break Question

I hope it is all going well for you & it's lovely to see you still on the boards.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

I had a look at the link to the facial excercises in this thread. Was sat here watching tv doing them when my hubby asked me if I was having some kind of seizure & did I need a lift to the hospital. Normally I do my weird things in private but I got carried away. Rolling Eyes
line.

That made me laugh, loopylori.
When my husband looks over and sees me doing this, we just crack up completely. Laughing
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Molly, I noticed this in your signature line: "Using: Vivants' Mandelic acid, Exfol A, Spintrap ..."

Please elaborate on the Spintrap! Is that a Vivant product? How do you like it? What is it supposed to do for one's face/skin, and have you noticed results/does it deliver?

TIA! Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Loopy - Congratulations on going cold turkey - that's quite an achievement. I took a few months break last year too, though I wasn't spending too much, I thought it was all getting a bit obsessive Rolling Eyes It's definitely a healthy thing to do and I used up every scrap of every sample. After a while I started to look like a dog though and came whining back Laughing I don't have a job, but I started looking yesterday and I'm quite optimistic, probably because I'm completely ignorant about the job market. Otherwise I'm just eating which is good because I'm too thin. Nice to see you too.

Hello Mermaidgirl - Spintrap is the least impressive of the Vivant products. I really like the other two. It's just a C&E serum with a fancy name and I don't think I'll replace it. I liked it at first - was getting good Vit C results, but it's a bit egg-whitey in texture. I'm not sure it's working since it got overheated a couple of times so perhaps I'm not being fair with it, but the results aren't there lately.

Back OT - Just wanted to add that my favourite face exerciser is Juliet Kando (her book is called Natural Facelift) she's very much into massage and stretching rather than just building and her theory follows on from being a ballet dancer. Anyway she looks older than the rest (even lets some wrinkles show) but she has a healthy, happy, natural looking face. I can't find a photo of her on the web, but it's inside the book if you come across it. Her exercises are a bit esoteric at times and time consuming though.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Facercise DVDs so I should get them next week. I can't wait to try them!
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
How interesting! Great topic! I'll check it out
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
You're very welcome ninetynine. "Kissing the ceiling" will do major "damage" to that double chin and send it packing within a mere couple of weeks! Laughing Laughing

Ari Wink

arielle, do you do the series from the website you shared or face magic? i'm 29 and lines are starting to creep onto my throat... plus developing a double chin! don't understand why the fat goes to my face and never my *cough* chest!

could you please elaborate a bit more on the frequency and type of exercises? i'm glad to find this forum! i was always wary about maggie's exercises as i worry about doing them wrong and then looking like a freak!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
No. I just try to smile and laugh as often as I can. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Arielle wrote:
You're very welcome ninetynine. "Kissing the ceiling" will do major "damage" to that double chin and send it packing within a mere couple of weeks! Laughing Laughing

Ari Wink

arielle, do you do the series from the website you shared or face magic? i'm 29 and lines are starting to creep onto my throat... plus developing a double chin! don't understand why the fat goes to my face and never my *cough* chest!

could you please elaborate a bit more on the frequency and type of exercises? i'm glad to find this forum! i was always wary about maggie's exercises as i worry about doing them wrong and then looking like a freak!

I actually use both. I started with the Facial Magic several years ago and really like it. The ones for neck and jowls are excellent. Now, I switch back and forth between Facial Magic and the ones on the website to give my facial and neck muscles a more varied workout. It's just like with the rest of the body, you need to work the muscles in different ways, not just do one exercise repetitively for a particular area. JMHO.

Ari

oh, and just follow directions and you can't go wrong. The hardest thing to learn while doing the Facial Magic was not to stretch the skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
thanks arielle, my mum has the maggie book and she counldn't quite figure it out!

how do we smile with just our upper lips, thus causing the neck muscles to tense up? i was holding down my lower lips yesterday with my fingers in vain. haha

i hope this works! gonna kiss the ceiling more often!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I started to use facial flex which I bought from folica.com for 49.,comes with DVD.I like it a lot because you only have to do the exercise for 2 minutes a day,I am waiting for the carole Maggio dvd ,I know that takes more time though. I am wondering what facial exercise does to fillers and botox, maybe it wont last as long....but then maybe I wont need them either.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
About a month ago I bought a book second hand called "Eva Fraser's Facial Workout" Guild Publishing 1991. It has a series of workouts going from basic to basic plus, intermediate, intermediate plus and advanced. I have been doing these for about three weeks and not every day (I'm lazy). They take 10 minutes at the most and can certainly be done during the ad breaks on tv.

I am 43, overweight and have a short neck, so a double chin has always been a problem. Since doing the exercises I have noticed my double chin is disappearing, my jaw line is firming, the neck lines are disappearing, and my cheek muscles seem to be moving back to their youthful position. My upper eyelids seem to be a bit less droopy, but this may be because I changed my skin care routine, adding dmae, around the same time. Only the advanced exercises include touching the face with the fingers, and although I'm not up to the advanced workout, these look fairly gentle and as if they wouldn't tug the skin too much. Anyway, if I feel they do, I will simply stay at the intermediate level.

If you can find this book at a reasonable price, give it a go. They are definitely working for me.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I wonder which is best Carol Maggio, The facial flex or eva Fraser, there are several programs out there how do you determine which is best or do they all deliver the same results? I dont want to spend an hr a day on face exercises because for one I have to already workout my body for at least an hr a day and I think if I had to do an hr a day on face I eventually wouldnt even do it anymore thats why I like the facial flex ....2 minutes a day.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Lucy, the reasons I really like the ones on the website I mentioned are that they work and I can do them anywhere; sitting at my 'puter, in the car, working 'round the house, whatever whenever I think of it. I don't need a "set" time I have to allocate for the routine and I don't need a mirror. Ease, convenience and results.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Ari, do these exercises address what I refer to a "deputy dog lines" the line that go down from the corners of the lips?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, ma'am, they do. And, you'll start to see a difference in just days, like a week or 10 days. After that it just gets better.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'll start today. If I can get rid of those things it will take a good 10 years off of my face.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I gently, but deliberatly tap with the tips of my fingers and let my face relax. I fear getting lines on my forehead :-/ I love all those other helpful tips too!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I must be doing something wrong - I received Carol Maggio's book yesterday and started doing the exercises. My face looks and feels like it was run over by a large truck. Help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Salli: I can't imagine you did harm in one day. I am 51 and started 3 years ago with the Facercise video. Now I just do the exercises when I'm in the car or reading the computer in my office. They have worked for me. Do you have a lot of loose skin?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |