Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:31 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Not a problem Loulou. I have to say, I have both Loulou's book and video (had to after hearing all the good things being said about it) and I think Loulou's face is amazing indeed.

I know speed is a factor for many people... and Loulou's program does seem to work for many which is fantastic.

As for other men... hey vanity isn't reserved for women only you know. Us guys are catching on quick. I remember reading somewhere that men's skincare in the UK last year was over £2million (and this year they think thats trippled). Us guys are catching on fast.... Laughing

Oh Seany, I didn't put that very well Laughing I didn't mean to say men are vain (although I'm sure a lot of you are! Very Happy ). I meant not enough men tell women they appreciate a woman's face that isn't 'perfect'. I'm glad you're speaking up for 'unconventional' beauty, especially when you include me in your compliments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:32 am      Reply with quote
LOL - was joking you, I know you didn't mean that (but I sometimes think we are more so than women at times!).
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:37 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
LOL - was joking you, I know you didn't mean that (but I sometimes think we are more so than women at times!).

Oh good! I didn't want to be rude, especially when you'd just been so nice about me Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
LouLou = who couldn't be nice about you

I'm loving the Ageless video (and book). Did FE (select exercises) and Ageless day one yesterday and today Ageless Day two. Tomorrow is an FE only day and Wednesday will be Day One Ageless with a break on Christmas. This is all awesome. I want your results.....

Love your video Lou Lou.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am SOOO excited that I am cross-posting this from the Ageless thread on the Skincare Tools forum...please excuse my exuberance!! Very Happy

bethany wrote:
The last 2+ years or so my upper eyelids really started to droop...to the point that my eyeliner would smudge up onto my lower brow area throughout the day, and leave a line. Rolling Eyes My plastic surgeon even told me a year ago that I was definitely a candidate for an upper and lower bleph.

I started dermarolling in May of 2008, and have definitely seen a lifting of my eyelids to some degree..a very welcome change. But it was not a hugely dramatic change, if you know what I mean.

But tonight when I was doing my skin stuff, I suddenly noticed that my eyelids were greatly lifted...there is NO WAY that my eyeliner could leave a mark on my lower brow unless I physically PUSHED my upper eyelid up there! Shock Shock Shock And this is even after I have taken in WAY too much sodium over the last few days and have some significant puffiness from fluid retention.

For the curious, I started Ageless on 11/8, so it has been about 6 weeks. And no, I did NOT do any exercises tonight.

Honestly, I am floored. And thrilled. And DAMN HAPPY that I spent $10 bucks on Ageless.

WOO HOO for ME and THANK YOU to LOULOU!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is the best 5 minutes I spend most days! And to think that I was actually going to get an eye job this summer!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I can't catch up in long treads. But I am sure I am doing eyeball exercise. Surprised
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
i saw this in one of the magazines today and how a number of celebrities are doing this. There was this women who did facial excercise program she is like turning 80 and she looked more than 20 years younger! Forgot her name sorry

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
simran - was it an article about facial exercises? What magazine was it in - will have to look out for that one!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations Bethany!!! Most people once start facial exercises report their eyes the first to respond. This indeed is very exciting, having nice toned facial muscles while avoiding surgery isn't it awesome!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, that does it. I have been thinking about facial exercises for a while, but haven't jumped into actually buying them. But if they can really create improvement in the dreaded hooded eyelid, well, what am I waiting for?

I am a bit worried that I tend to be lazy about exercise generally--but maybe I can integrate facial exercises into an overall exercise regimen. I think I'll start with the Ageless set and see how that goes.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft - try it!!!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think facial exercises are wonderful for the whole face, including the eyes.

Take a look at the before and afters on FlexEffect too.... (Tori and Andrea's results are superb - take a look there http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter.htm for additional inspiration/motivation).
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
i am just getting a memory block on the magazine...But it was one of the magazines here in NZ something about alternatives to botox and going under the knife.It was like about 3-4 page article I just quickly skimmed through it and her pics and thought wow she looks quite good for her age!. The women created some facial exercises program that a number of celebrities are also using. I think her name was Carole Maggio. When i go back to the shop i will try to see if i can get a hold of the name of magazine and article

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:23 am      Reply with quote
i got the name wrong. I had done a search online and the women looked kinda similar to the magazine one so i thought must be her. But its not!. The magazine one as i said is 80 years old! I went back and had a look at the magazine

Ok i saw the article in the Womens day magazine. This magazine is from NZ. The name of the article was "Hollywood Secret - 80 Year Old Face Saving Guru" The name of this women is Eva Fraser! She was born in 1928. Have a look at her website http://evafraser.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
Ok i saw the article in the Womens day magazine. This magazine is from NZ. The name of the article was "Hollywood Secret - 80 Year Old Face Saving Guru" The name of this women is Eva Fraser! She was born in 1928. Have a look at her website http://evafraser.com/

Here is an exercise from her website:

Quote:
Eyelid exercise
1. Look straight ahead into the mirror throughout this exercise.
2. Curve index fingers under eyebrows then raise your eyebrows and hold against the bone.
3. Close lids and stretch upper eyelids downwards in 5 small movements.
4. Hold for a count of 6
5. Release the squeeze slowly in 3 counts.
6. Open lids, Relax, Breathe.
7. Repeat once more.

*Alternatively place 4 fingers of each hand just under the line of eyebrows and proceed as above.

All the exercises are done twice, once a day 5 days a week. Choose a time when you are not tired.

How long before I see a difference?
I would love to say in 3 - 4 weeks all is restored as so many of us want an instant result and then feel disappointed. There is no magic wand.

However, you will feel strength in your facial muscles you have not felt before. That melting wax feeling when you are tired will be gone - this can happen in the first few weeks. After this you should see an improvement in the contour of your face week by week. Over the next 4 -6 months you will see a marked improvement.

The secret: Work out for 10 minutes a day - minimum 4 days a week until you are pleased with the result.
http://evafraser.com/facial_fitness.html

And 2 reviews...

http://www.smartskincare.com/reviews/product/firming_ninvproc_na_eva-fraser-facial-workout_20041208.html

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/0140147136/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes I do know Eva... in fact I began my facial exercising with her method and she is absolutely inspirational and informative. Her method is also great as well... and I have to say her photos don't do the lady justice. I am particularly envious of her hands... they are also like her face super young.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Sean,
How does her program compare to FlexEffect as far as time and resistance training? Also I wondered why it didn't did marketed here in the USA? Or at least I haven't seen it being offered from vendors here.
Toby
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Sean,
How does her program compare to FlexEffect as far as time and resistance training? Also I wondered why it didn't did marketed here in the USA? Or at least I haven't seen it being offered from vendors here.
Toby

Toby - on her site it says the following on various pages:

Quote:
With just 10 - 15 minutes of exercising each day.

All the exercises are done twice, once a day 5 days a week. Choose a time when you are not tired.

The secret: Work out for 10 minutes a day - minimum 4 days a week until you are pleased with the result.

http://evafraser.com/

Sean - I would love to hear your comparison of the various programs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI...I ordered the Eva Fraser book for comparsion's sake from Amazon. They obviously have it shipped from Amazon in the UK, because it will take about 4 weeks to get delivered to me. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Am I reading that right? The book cost 360 pounds? Nah! I must be reading that wrongly. Thanks for posting that exercise Bethany! One more to add to the ammunition. Bad Grin

Holeee...just went to Eva's site. Now she is one gorgeous 80-year-old. She also doesn't have that fake pulled-up look. I swear the most beautiful woman I have ever seen (not in the flesh) is Jessica Tandy. A true beauty. (That woman who plays Kate on Lost is my second all-time fave along with Miss Kate Winslet, who has a different kind of beauty from within.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Looking on Eva's webisite the book w/ dvd is about 28.00 US dollars and the shipping is 5.60 or something close when you go to the conversion charts. I have ordered form the Uk on many items just as easily as right here in the US.
I am so glad to see so many people taking interest in facial exercises-They Rock! Very Happy
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to be caught up in details but I did read that right. The reviewer said this:

Price (paid by reviewer)
£360.00

Where to find it
clinic

Perhaps this is something different. Anyhow, at the risk of sounding like a stuck CD, today, I caught sight of my face 3/4 on in the loo mirror and saw (instead of the usual mid-face curvature), a heart-shape, with the bulk of the soft tissues over my cheekbone. I'm not going to post pics yet as I want to keep at it for a full six months, but it really does look quite different.

Unfortunately, the wrinkles are still over my plumper upper-cheeks Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
sorry to be caught up in details but I did read that right. The reviewer said this:

Price (paid by reviewer)
£360.00

Where to find it
clinic

I think that is for a series of 4 classes taught at the Eva Fraser Centre.

I paid $11.85 USD on Amazon for the book.
http://www.amazon.com/Frasers-Facial-Workout-Penguin-fitness/dp/0140147136/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230518742&sr=8-1

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Oh yes I do know Eva... in fact I began my facial exercising with her method and she is absolutely inspirational and informative. Her method is also great as well... and I have to say her photos don't do the lady justice. I am particularly envious of her hands... they are also like her face super young.

Hey Sean - Any idea how she keeps her hands super young looking?
thanks -
Sis
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to know the answer to this too. I wonder if she does pinch massages like LouLou does to her face to thicken the skin?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |