Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
...Bethany, I think you word most everything well. I can't remember what is was like without you on EDS!

You are so sweet...you have definitely earned that alias! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,
I absolutely see the Tua Viso as a replacement for the facial exercises. When I said I had been doing them for 20 years on and off, it was probably more off than on. I would do them regularly for a few weeks, then they would become really tedious and I would have a few nights break, then that would turn into months! I always went back for more when I thought I was looking rough, and would be enthusiastic again for a while then get bored again. When I was about 44/45 I was lucky enough to be taken on as a model at a Beauty Training Academy. Trained beauty therapists would go there on short courses to learn new treatments. I became a model for CACI, (non-surgical facelift). I would get at least 2 or 3 treatments every month. This went on till I was 49, and then CACI, decided to move their training base to Manchester, and that was the end of that. Up until then, people would assume I was mid 30's, my face was unlined and firm, but in the year that passed, I really felt like I was ageing overnight. I had and still have a lot of stress in my life, but I believe that the CACI treatments were keeping my face firm, so when they stopped it took it's toll. I carried on doing facial exercise but the results were nowhere near the treatments. I did pay to have a course of 10 caci's but found that unless you were having them really regularly, the results went quite quickly. With the Tua Viso , I am seeing similar results, and I would much rather let a gadget do the hard work for me! I am probably getting such good results because my muscles still retain the memory of the exercises, but it's far less boring for me than sitting pulling faces for ages. As I said I still try and do the daily Eva workout, but only once a week, as it really is good for any puffiness, and also clears the sinus's etc.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Wow Lillilulu that is great information. I have really been impressed with the Tua Viso but I like gadgets so it is good to know it is not just me reaping good results. I am still very faithful with daily facial exercises but using the Tua Viso has really given my face the added punch.
Rita at prolight mentioned the real silver bullet for sag is facial exercises. She also mentioned she was very impressed with facial stimulation machines that are being used it Europe. She said that the machine needed to produce a strong muscle contraction. That nixed Nuface which she wasn't impressed with either. That conversation lead me to searching for a device from Europe. Nice to see a pattern forming here. I think the principles here are effective muscle contractions with either facial exercise or an appropriate device really work. Laughing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Toby - did Rita mention any European machines specifically? Is that how you gravitated toward the Tua Viso?
It's encouraging to hear from lillilulu about her experience also.
All that wasted money on the NuFace - aaahhgggg. Could've bought the Tua Viso (and now I want the Stop). I'm trying to have self-control.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Sis,
I had the Nuface over a month at the time I spoke with Rita and ask her about it and she was not at all impressed with it and told me to focus on facial exercises for the sag. She then went on to say that she was impressed with the facial stimulator machines that had enough current to cause a visible physical contraction that is held for at least 5 sec. She liked those. When I found the Tua Viso and saw it was developed by a doctor in Italy I got interested(I looked for that information today and couldn't find it). I saw video clips from ebay and the contractions look similar to facial exercises. Next I saw it on ebay for a good price and the rest is history. Rita didn't mention the name of this device, we were talking in general terms of facial stimulators being developed in Europe.Although I must admit, I am a repentant toad, this device was suppose to be for my mother. She isn't disciplined enough to do facial exercises. I may have to wait for another ebay deal because I really like this toy and I don't think it is going to mother's house Laughing .You will see reviews of people that love it and others that don't. I knew that I respond well to the facial simulators and it has been by far the best I have tried.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I used Nuface for almost 3 months and returned it, since it did absolutely nothing for my skin. I also have Dermal Tone, but only used it a few times. I found it to be time consuming, since you have to use it consistently and I just wasn't determined enough to use it the way it should be used. I believe it is very similar to Tua Viso. I think that I'll try it again and if I couldn't do it consistently I'll sell it on the ebay.

How often and for how many minutes everyone is using Tua Viso? How long did it take you to see the results after the first use?

Thanks a lot.
kha76

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks fawnie, i am really pleased to have found out about this site and believe me i am learning a lot, i wish i had explored this site before ordering flexaway, but its never too late, i found about loulo's book from here and also watched her videos, she looks amazing, so fresh and beautiful!

Gona send flexaway this week, hope it works for me!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Hi,

I used Nuface for almost 3 months and returned it, since it did absolutely nothing for my skin. I also have Dermal Tone, but only used it a few times. I found it to be time consuming, since you have to use it consistently and I just wasn't determined enough to use it the way it should be used. I believe it is very similar to Tua Viso. I think that I'll try it again and if I couldn't do it consistently I'll sell it on the ebay.

How often and for how many minutes everyone is using Tua Viso? How long did it take you to see the results after the first use?

Thanks a lot.

Just jumping in to give you my limited view, since I now use the Tua Viso, and also used Dermal Tone in the past..

You are right in that the machines are similar, and work on the same premise.. Both cause a visible muscle contraction which is held for about 3 to 5 seconds... Having said that, I would add, that the quality in every respect of the Tua Viso is what sets them apart. I also love that the conduction is with plain old tap water, and no messy gels are needed as with DT.. (It was actually the gels that shorted out my DT unit, when it got under the metal.) The TV is much more comfortable to hold, and feels good against your skin as well. The one thing I do like better about the DT is that there are 3 metal probes, which allows you to adjust, to have more flexibility around the eyes and mouth.

I've had the TV since Christmas, and used it about 6 or 7 times.. At this point I am 'feeling' some definite skin tightening, and 'seeing' a bit of firmness in my cheeks and around my lower eyelid.. Nothing really visible yet on the upper eyelids or neck/jowl. (I hope I'm being clear for you.. I am 'feeling' much more tightness/firmness, than I am 'seeing'. One thing I can say for sure, without any hesitation, is that it indeed has reduced my dreaded bags by 75%... Dancing Dancing ....

The only other thing I can add at this early stage is that I'm finding the Tua Viso very addictive, and look forward to using it much more than any other 'toy'... The full treatment, at 3 minutes per muscle (16 placements in all) takes just about 45 minutes. At about the 4th try with it, I was able to get the correct contraction, without having to look in the mirror.. (It took me an hour at first, and I paused the video between exercises, to get just the right placement.) **The 3 minutes I do is the max, but the booklet says even 1 minute is beneficial** If you go by the booklet instruction a full treatment is about 25 minutes..

What I can also tell others with absolute certainty, is that 3 months of using NuFace, didn't equal 1 Tua Viso treatment... JMHO!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Doba, I do 9 exercises for either 2 or 3 mins each side of my face. It is time consuming but very easy to do when you're watching TV. The contraction you experience, as I'm sure Toby will confirm, is really strong, sometimes a little painful, but no problem, just lower the number to suit. The neck one feels really strange, but knowing it's beneficial makes it worthwhile. I didn't mention that my neck has really tightened as well. I never felt I had a big problem with it so haven't really been as bothered about it as my face, but I can really see a difference now. I will say also that being right handed, I find 2 of the exercises on the left side a bit difficult, is it the same for you Toby?
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, nice to find another fellow user. I started off following the DVD but found it easier to find the correct positions by using the booklet which explains the exact movements you should see with each one. I found that by following the DVD I wasn't locating the right muscles. Have you managed ok? Also, I have noticed that when I poke my tongue around my cheeks, I can actually feel that they are firmer, can anyone else?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
If it is okay with you guys I am going to move this discussion to a thread designed for Tua Viso. For me it is part of my facial exercise program but for others specifically wanting to read about facial exercises I want to keep this thread directed in that manner. I don't know how to move the other posts but I will answer this one on the Tua Viso thread. Let's face it we are women(and some men that are skincare educated) and get going on many lanes at the same time and I think I am the one that got it off track. Rolling Eyes My husband would love it if he could keep me on track with thread like the forum. Laughing This is the thread for the Tua Viso
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31637
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
If it is okay with you guys I am going to move this discussion to a thread designed for Tua Viso....

This is the thread for Tua Viso:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31637

I see Toby transferred some of the posts there already.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mptat we were posted the thread at the same time! Hey great minds think alike Laughing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy and Lillilulu,

Thank you very much for your help. I'll try to use it again and hopefully I'll be more consistent.

I also do the Ageless and a few exercises from FlexEffect. I just started to do them consistently and will report any changes/improvements as soon as I will see them.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Hi Kassy, nice to find another fellow user. I started off following the DVD but found it easier to find the correct positions by using the booklet which explains the exact movements you should see with each one. I found that by following the DVD I wasn't locating the right muscles. Have you managed ok? Also, I have noticed that when I poke my tongue around my cheeks, I can actually feel that they are firmer, can anyone else?

Toby had a great idea to switch this TV tale to the other thread.. I'm copying and pasting your question, and will see ya there.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Lillilulu,
How did you learn Eva's exercises..through a book or through a video?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jasminerosey, I learnt the exercises from a video. It was clear and precise, easy to follow, and much simpler than the Carole Maggio one which I also purchased about 5 years ago. I couldn't get on with that at all. I think the Eva one started with an explanation of the facial structure then a demonstration of all the exercises, using a third party who had been doing them for a little while, then a daily facial workout using all the exercises in which you did one side of the face first, then the other side exactly the same then both sides together followed by tapping, rubbing the ears, and sort of chopping the chin, then massaging the centre of the neck and finishing by stroking the face upwards. If I remember correctly, she said she was not a fan of body creams (prefering dry brushing) or eye creams which softened the skin too much.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting! Thank you for sharing.
frankmcs
5% products discount

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I never do, maybe I shoule try~ Laughing
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I think thats Eva's latest dvd that you have. I know she isn't a fan of Retin etc... but does moisturise. I know when it comes to eyecream, she doesn't like it (as you say). I remember once talking to her about dry eyes and she said the only thing she ever put round her eyes rarely was vaseline. She suggested I use a moisturiser (which for a guy not having done anything in respect of his face) did produce results, but I do think that when I applied the moisturiser I did a little massaging too.

I know she is also not one for hand creams. She explained that in a talk a little while ago. She said that when she applied hand cream, she noticed her hand skin didn't snap back compared to when she had no hand cream. So she just didn't use them. Also for eye creams she said that she often used to ask people how long they used them for... and usually it would be 10-15 years, and she would ask why hasn't it delivered the results it was supposed to by that point (which everyone had an AHA moment when she said that).

She is great... I think she is a leader in the facial exercising community for sure (her, Deb Crowley, Carole Maggio and Loulou of course !).

lillilulu wrote:
Hi Jasminerosey, I learnt the exercises from a video. It was clear and precise, easy to follow, and much simpler than the Carole Maggio one which I also purchased about 5 years ago. I couldn't get on with that at all. I think the Eva one started with an explanation of the facial structure then a demonstration of all the exercises, using a third party who had been doing them for a little while, then a daily facial workout using all the exercises in which you did one side of the face first, then the other side exactly the same then both sides together followed by tapping, rubbing the ears, and sort of chopping the chin, then massaging the centre of the neck and finishing by stroking the face upwards. If I remember correctly, she said she was not a fan of body creams (prefering dry brushing) or eye creams which softened the skin too much.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I tried a variation of kiss the ceiling which is a bit more strenuous then kiss the ceiling alone. Do kiss the ceiling as usual, and during neck stretch push tongue inside the mouth against top. It will add more resistance to the exercise.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
I tried a variation of kiss the ceiling which is a bit more strenuous then kiss the ceiling alone. Do kiss the ceiling as usual, and during neck stretch push tongue inside the mouth against top. It will add more resistance to the exercise.

Good one - yes it does provide more resistance.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for those of you who have used FlexEffect. How well does the book explain massage and the improvements that will be seen? Does it explain well what each exercise is supposed to improve? The program as a whole looks a bit overwhelming but I am wondering if their is enough info on massage and maybe a few key exercises to make it worth it. Thanks!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi charis!
O I know how it feels to be overwhelmed. I have been doing exercise since Aug '08. I just took it one exercise at a time and started to get the feel of it. You just have to jump in and DO it, I think. The combination of the book, the DVD and the CD and the forum will help you. The FE forum and of course EDS will help you with any questions, and most ppl do have a lot of questions at first. Eventually you will be able to do the exercise routine w/o prompts, but it did take me about a month to be independent of the DVD, CD, & book. I go back to the book occas now. I incorporate the FE exercises into Ageless and do what my face needs. Both are excellent. Both explain what part of the face will benefit and what the benefit will look like, I feel.

As far as massage, FE does explain massage very well I think. I was unsure how long to massage at first, but gradually got the feel for it and how long to do it. As with exercise, you develop a feel for what your face needs. As you see results, you will know. You will just know. And if you don't, ask the experts!!! Don't be skeered!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
sound interesting.where can i get Carol Maggios program DVD?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |