Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Marina,
what a belly laugh......strangling ourself in the name of beauty...my husband will also get a chuckle from it.

Kassy..your neck exercise really is powerful for me (although I can't quite get the turning the head part down yet)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I had to chime in - fantastic exercise.

And belated congratulations on your anniversary!

Many more to come! Lots of health, joy, health and being together to you and your husband and the entire big family!

All the best!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm...as much as i like all the variations on 'kiss the ceiling'...and they all target my neck area a little differently....there's something about the original 'kiss the ceiling' exercise that really does something for specific areas of my upper neck that no other exercise seems to do...especially with the variation of pushing my tongue to the roof of my mouth while doing it...

and ..Kassy..i didn't know it was your anniversary...many.many more!!!!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

Kassy..your neck exercise really is powerful for me (although I can't quite get the turning the head part down yet)

So it's sit erect, put your head way back, (you'll be looking up at the ceiling), now turn your head to the right in order to look over your shoulder. Now jut your jaw out as far as possible. (To make it more intensive I just add the closed mouth smile, and anchoring the muscle at the base of the neck.)

And thanks to all for the good wishes, how sweet you all are ...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Holy..this works! My first facial exercise..and I could actually follow directions..except that I was anchoring the throat muscle too hard and started feeeling light-headed after the 10 seconds. I think I was inadvertently strangling myself Embarassed but I'll get the hang of it!

This was the funniest comment I heard all day! Laughing Laughing Laughing I just love people with a great sense of humor! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I have a suggestion that is working for me, as I also didn't want to exacerbate the dreaded vertical lip lines;

So throw the head back (hyperextending the neck), anchor the muscle with your hands at the bottom of the throat, do a wide smile with lips pressed together + jut out the jaw as far as possible... Hold position 10 seconds and repeat from scratch for desired amount. You'll feel a good burn with this.

To really work on the left and right jowl areas, do the same steps as above, but turn your head fully to the left/right (as if you wanted to look over your shoulder), while in the same hyperextended position. You will feel a tremendous pull on each sides dreaded jowl/pouch.

Holy cow...that does work! Shock But as Kassy says, you do have to stop and repeat to get the most out of it.

I am definitely adding this to my repertoire!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I have a suggestion that is working for me, as I also didn't want to exacerbate the dreaded vertical lip lines;

So throw the head back (hyperextending the neck), anchor the muscle with your hands at the bottom of the throat, do a wide smile with lips pressed together + jut out the jaw as far as possible... Hold position 10 seconds and repeat from scratch for desired amount. You'll feel a good burn with this.

To really work on the left and right jowl areas, do the same steps as above, but turn your head fully to the left/right (as if you wanted to look over your shoulder), while in the same hyperextended position. You will feel a tremendous pull on each sides dreaded jowl/pouch.

Now this frightens me alot less than any lip puckers do. And you say that this works too Question
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Cross-posting my Ageless results for those that do not read that thread. My takeaway...JUST DO IT!

Pick a program, and make sure you actually do it!! I am just floored that I can actually stop spending so much money on filler, especially in this economy...I sure wish that I knew about this years ago!

bethany wrote:
I thought I would pop in with a quick update and some pics.

I started Ageless on 11/8, but don't have any pics from immediately before I started. However, here is a comparison of pics from 11/27 and today, 1/25. This is my worst side, and losing 14 pounds has actually created some additional sagging, sigh. I have also done 3 STOP treatments, but I am seeing very minimal change from that at this point on my worst side.

Here is my better side from 11/27 and 1/25...Ageless has almost eliminated the line here. Woo hoo! I think STOP has helped some too, but not to the same degree as Ageless. Ageless can really remodel your face, while the STOP is like the cleaning crew that comes in after the remodel and tidies things up in a very subtle way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Cross-posting from another thread:

mpstat wrote:
... Facial exercises truly should be number one priority to avoid face lifts, as well as some other procedures. No topicals in the world can make the muscles toned!

With facial exercises there is no special equipment needed, no down time, no $$$$ involved. Just need time and dedication to keep the exercises going, and to keep our faces naturally well defined and beautiful. What a wonderful thing!! Very Happy

Toby wrote:
Amen to what Mpstat just posted about facial exercises. I would like to add that if you start your facial exercises early you may not need all the extra facial devices. Unfortunately, I didn't fully understand the benefits of facial exercises until my 50's and I feel like I am trying to makeup for lost time. The facial exercises and massage can build muscle, stimulate collagen, tightened skin etc. So start early and be consistent. Also if you are new to facial exercises you may want to not add a lot of other things to your facial program until you see the benefits you are going to get from the exercises. I faithfully did a facial exercise program before I started adding anything to my skincare routine. That way as I added LED lights, Tua Viso, and now Stop I could tell what was making the difference. I need to back up here, I did do the dema rolling after six months of facial exercises.

Toby
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

OMG! Leave it to Kassy to fine-tune and amp up the routine!!! I love this jowl-buster! Except my DH would think I was having a seizure if he ever got a load of me doing it!!
Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
lol! fawnie, you crack me up...

Beth, your pictures show marked improvements, WOW!

You're growing younger with each happy snap you post... Dancing Dancing And your skin is looking awesome!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Beth, your pictures show marked improvements, WOW!

You're growing younger with each happy snap you post... Dancing Dancing And your skin is looking awesome!

Thanks Kassy...and Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Kassy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany the last pic compared to the first theres really a big difference....firstly i see your skin looks much more even and smoother, secondly i see your chin seems to be more defined, thirdly i see a lift near the corner of mouth i.e the nasiolabial line seems to be less visible if not gone Shock congratz and keep at it. Has anyone close around you commented on any change in you?

KassyA Happy Anniversary!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
bethany the last pic compared to the first theres really a big difference....firstly i see your skin looks much more even and smoother, secondly i see your chin seems to be more defined, thirdly i see a lift near the corner of mouth i.e the nasiolabial line seems to be less visible if not gone Shock congratz and keep at it. Has anyone close around you commented on any change in you?

Oh yes....my sister who ONLY gets filler and Botox in NYC by a 'dermarologist to the stars" demanded to know what I was doing differently. Plus I have had a ton of people commenting that I have lost weight....I have, but Ageless has made my face look far less round due to the new hollows under my cheekbones.

Facial exercise is the bomb...I have every intention of continuing until I end up 6ft under!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
You look great Bethany...amazing difference in the little turn-down at the edges of the mouth!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Antonia and Beth - Thanks for the sharing of your pictures (on either/any thread). I love the results of facial exercise. It's an outstanding and inexpensive route toward being in control of your aging process. Of anything I've tried during my time on EDS facial exercise has been so liberating. (except I'm a slave to doing them - seriously addicted!)
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sis, yes indeed and I would have been the first to say, "What a lot of codswallop!" (My mother's expression, lol.) The latest development is that I see my jawline is looking way smaller when viewed from the 3/4 position in the mirror. Quite amazing, really...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hi Sis, yes indeed and I would have been the first to say, "What a lot of codswallop!" (My mother's expression, lol.) The latest development is that I see my jawline is looking way smaller when viewed from the 3/4 position in the mirror. Quite amazing, really...

Love that expression!

Now that you mention it the neck firming exercises are impressive in results. I'm starting to notice a change myself - a better looking neck. I never thought that was a problem area. And my jawline is more streamlined; another thing I didn't really look for. And the exercises are simple to do.
BTW: Thanks Kass - I'm doing yours now too! Geez! I told you I'm addicted!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
...and I'm doing a new one from Happy Face Yoga, which lifts/strengthens the undereye area...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
...and I'm doing a new one from Happy Face Yoga, which lifts/strengthens the undereye area...

Can you share what it is??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia,

I would also appreciate it very much.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I found it on You Tube. They don't show you the entire program, just two exercises, and then you buy the DVD for around $20. It's hilarious. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoNeuAloVlU I started doing both of the exercises shown yesterday. They apparently lift the cheeks and smooth out the undereye area. I don't pull my upper lip down as I'm trying to reduce the expanse of that area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Antonia and Beth - Thanks for the sharing of your pictures (on either/any thread). I love the results of facial exercise. It's an outstanding and inexpensive route toward being in control of your aging process. Of anything I've tried during my time on EDS facial exercise has been so liberating. (except I'm a slave to doing them - seriously addicted!)

Antonia wrote:

I never would have believed it either, but after doing a ton of research, I found I had 4 options:

- Live with hideous Howdy Doody marionette lines for the rest of my life - Free

- Spend a fortune on filler for the rest of my life (or until I stopped caring) and those didn't even work completely - Expensive!

- Spend a fortune on some variation of a face lift (until I got a full face lift 10 years later) and eventually look like Joan Rivers - Expensive!

- Try facial exercises, which appeared to enhance ALL aspects of your face and actually eliminate the dreaded lines (though all of those before and after pics had still not fully convinced me) - CHEAP!! Shock $10-$75

But I am totally convinced now, and definitely looking forward to what the next 3 months of facial exercise bring. And I posted my pics just so that people can REALLY see that it IS happening...those darn lines are are actually leaving!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, your chin area looks much slimmer now. Congratulations! Were you on FE before ageless? How was FE for the chin area?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Bethany, your chin area looks much slimmer now. Congratulations! Were you on FE before ageless? How was FE for the chin area?

Ruk, I bought FE but never started it...I have only used Ageless.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |