Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia - It sounds like you struck a nerve! That is one scared guy! They like to think everyone who hasn't gone to college for dermatology or plastics can never know anything. And they want to keep their god-like place as chief skin know-it-all.

Anything that threatens the pocketbook brings out the worse. I sure hope you told him to have a look-see at the great results people have had.

Did you ask him what terrible things are going to happen since you do facial exercises? And is Deb from FE eventually going to have her face fall off since she's been doing them for 30 years or so.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Insane, isn't it, Sis? And today, I was leafing through a magazine going out to young women and it gave ten tips to stop aging. About seventh on the list was never to do facial exercise as it causes wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Insane, isn't it, Sis? And today, I was leafing through a magazine going out to young women and it gave ten tips to stop aging. About seventh on the list was never to do facial exercise as it causes wrinkles.

I'm sure they interviewed a plastic surgeon or derm for that information.

Isn't that why we were all skeptical at first to try facial exercise. All that misinformation aimed at protecting the wallet of plastic surgeons and dermatologists.

The thing is you can't argue with proof and we have that.

The onus is on them to "prove" that doing facial exercises is going to cause wrinkles. I haven't seen any proof of that over the long term.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I MUST open my big fat mouth.
I'm shocked that people are complaining about the 1/2 hour it takes to do FE. All i can say is anyone who thinks 1/2 hour is too much time to dedicate to one's face must look pretty damn good. And also a reminder, facial excercise is a time investment that erases YEARS!!!!! off your face-- so why quibble over minutes??...Just do it!
m
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Moon, half an hour on top of the body exercise, LED treatment, application of potions, dermarolling, vacu-lifting, housework, dayjob, sticking something on a dinner plate for DH and taking the dog for a trot can be the straw that broke the camel's back Laughing Laughing Laughing (and this excludes all the morning routine of showering, doing hair and applying the 100 lbs of makeup). I feel exhausted just writing this. Twenty minutes would be a Godsend.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
I MUST open my big fat mouth.
I'm shocked that people are complaining about the 1/2 hour it takes to do FE. All i can say is anyone who thinks 1/2 hour is too much time to dedicate to one's face must look pretty damn good. And also a reminder, facial excercise is a time investment that erases YEARS!!!!! off your face-- so why quibble over minutes??...Just do it!
m

Moongoddess, I agree. It actually takes less time than any "gadget" and from what I can tell so far, is WAY more effective. I wish I had dived into this sooner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, hold on then, I had that wrong. I thought Moon was referring to the length of time it took to do Flex Effect (FE) as opposed to, say Ageless. In that case, I agree. Some facial exercise is a must!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Moon, half an hour on top of the body exercise, LED treatment, application of potions, dermarolling, vacu-lifting, housework, dayjob, sticking something on a dinner plate for DH and taking the dog for a trot can be the straw that broke the camel's back Laughing Laughing Laughing (and this excludes all the morning routine of showering, doing hair and applying the 100 lbs of makeup). I feel exhausted just writing this. Twenty minutes would be a Godsend.

vacu-lifiting Question hmm...i must have missed that thread...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/119.html

This is the Vaculifter. It is supposed to lift and firm the skin. Ha! I`m glad my b-day is coming... So much to learn about...and now I see a thread about custom LEDs...got to go and get caught up on that!

5% products discount

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't mind the 1/2 hour work out in general, but after trying the FlexEffect, these are the reasons why I prefer Ageless:

1- Not trying to offend anyone, but Deb in the DVD looks her age - she looks like a woman in her 50s with wrinkles and all. While Loulou looks striking young when comparing her before and after pictures. If I spend 1/2 religiously everyday (like I spend 1 hour a day exercising), I am hoping for a more youthful look in my 50s.

2- The instruction of the F.E leaves lots of room for mistake. Even though I was following the DVD, I still felt like I could move the muscles the wrong way.

3- Too much raising the eye brows for forehead wrinkles and no excercise targeting that area, I am concerned about a wrinkled forehead like Deb in the future.

This is just my honest opinion, no intention to bash any program. If any of you could give me further information to ease these concern, I will greatly appreciate and might even go back to F.E, but for now, Ageless excercise is simple to follow and feels "harmless" to me.

And I am hoping to be able to return the F.E since they have the 30 day money back guarantee.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I haven`t seen the video but she sure looks good in the pics on the website...great facial shape and very wide and youthful eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - I disagree. I think Deb looks great! If I look like that when I am her age, I will be quite pleased. I don't want a stretched (facelift, look) just to look refreshed (not saggy/wrinkly)but I don't expect or want to look 21 in my 50's. I think Deb has accomplished a beautiful look and doesn't look plastic, overfilled, or like she had a secret face lift. She looks like the real deal, and I think it's refreshing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Most women do not look as good as Deb does when they are in their 50's unless they've had the works - facelift, botoxed, filled. And then it looks like they've had the works.
I think her eyes look especially young. And don't forget Lou Lou is 15 years younger than Deb. That can make a difference too.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agree.

I think Deb look extremely good for her age. The only area that gives away her age is her neck, and even then she looks much younger then her true age.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

This is my first post to the Forum, although I have been an avid lurker.

I've been doing FE for just over 7 mos and it has been the best beauty investment I have ever made. Specifically, cheeks are higher, eyes are more alert, jawline is smoother, forehead is lifted...

There are things that I am working on(NL's/upper & outer eye lift/temples) but as Deb states at the outset "...it's not a quick fix." So I am content to work away at it.

I wanted to chime in here and say what blew me away was watching the dvd and seeing a woman in her 50's look as amazing as Deb does. She has cheeks you could bounce a ball off and her lines (lines not wrinkles I would surmise) are only apparent when she makes an expression. Which is completely natural. She doesn't look pulled, stretched or puffed up with filler. Nor is her forehead the victim of botox placidity. I think she is quite stunning and naturally so. Like others have said, I hope to look as good at her age. With FE I'm working towards it.

Just my 2 cents...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
This is the picture of Deb that to me is just amazing. She is on her deck and is 59. Now outdoor lighting is murder on the face but she looks absolutely amazing. Her eyes are to die for Laughing Make sure you scroll down to the bottom. Oh my goodness that smooth forehead!!!!If I were viewing that picture I would think it was someone in their twenties!!!! Shock The video and dvd was when she was younger, I think she has gotten even better at 59 and now 60.
Toby
http://www.flexeffect.com/debpic.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Toby,

thanks for the link.
Deb looks AMAZING!

I just wish I would look like that and I am much younger. Gives me hope, though.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Ive been doing Carole Maggios facercise for six weeks now....I found it fit in with my routine quite well, its about 15 mins in the morning then 15 in the evening.
I done it for 6 weeks, Ive currently stopped as I bought a Tua Viso. Im really missing doing the exercises but wanted to give the tua viso a go to see what results come from that.

I did notice in the six weeks of facial exercise that my skin glows more. i dont feel that the exercises do much for the lower face but maybe that comes with time. I also find that while Im sitting at home either watching tv or on the computer that I just start doing the exercises!

A negative I have found: I have smallish eyes and they appear to look smaller now...i think its because my brows appear to be lifted giving the illusion of smaller eyes?? what do you think?

I also have Eva frasers book....I havent tried any of the exercises though.
Jomin
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Sorry everyone, I still hold on to my belief that Deb in the DVD looks like she's in her 50s. I have a yoga instructor who is in 55 and looked much younger than Deb. She has had no artificial enhancement either. Maybe the invert pose in Yoga, 5 minutes a day helped...
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Well although I don't agree with you on the 50 year old, having seen her in real life I can really testify that the video doesn't do her justice..... and in real life she looks amazing. I felt my jaw drop when I met her.

Even for a 50 year old... I think she looks pretty darn good, her facial muscles are beefed up, her connective tissue is strong, and you can see she really does walk her talk in that video.
Jomin wrote:
Sorry everyone, I still hold on to my belief that Deb in the DVD looks like she's in her 50s. I have a yoga instructor who is in 55 and looked much younger than Deb. She has had no artificial enhancement either. Maybe the invert pose in Yoga, 5 minutes a day helped...
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Deb looks fabulous. A testament to her program...the yoga instructor may just be one of those people that aged really well - bone structure goes a long way-I've got friends that look gorgous, and they don't to JACK for their looks!

misspointy (i think i got the name right) i gotta say, IMHO Carole Maggio is nuts! I mean really, Visualize your cheeks getting fuller while motioning cirles in the air with your hands beside your cheeks?? Rolling Eyes If we had our manifestation/visualizing skills in tact, this would be a very different planet. Plus she's had MAJOR work done! I'm not suprised you saw no results and put the program down (other than a glow from simply "handling" your face and getting some blood flow). I used my CM book to keep me warm one night, i threw it in the fireplace! Check into FE or Agless, you will be pleasantly suprised!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Visualize your cheeks getting fuller while motioning cirles in the air with your hands beside your cheeks?? Rolling Eyes If we had our manifestation/visualizing skills in tact, this would be a very different planet.

Hear hear, Sister!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree Carole Maggio is a little weird, and she looks weird too.Overdone lips and she looks botoxed to the max IMHO.I think her hairstyle is really oldfashioned too...something you see on blue haired 80 yr old matrons.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Gotta check this lady out!

lucyluc wrote:
I agree Carole Maggio is a little weird, and she looks weird too.Overdone lips and she looks botoxed to the max IMHO.I think her hairstyle is really oldfashioned too...something you see on blue haired 80 yr old matrons.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I do not believe that the results she shows in the before/after pics are achievable in a mere five days. I think a lot of people are hearing about the results of a well-constructed exercise program, and claiming they have done this for years (after a few nips and tucks to get themselves in shape). I'm not saying she has done this, just that her claims are not exactly credible. (I love the guy waving his arms around when the reporter is asking him if he gets mistaken for Anthony Hopkins...lol)

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |