Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jasminerosey - Are the scooping (neck) exercises on you tube or in her book? thanks.

jasminerosey wrote:
I'm 'bumping' this thread....as a question about Carole Maggio's exercises came up in the Ageless thread..comparing her exercises to Loulou's(who created Ageless if you Dare.

I personally love Carole's neck exercises..although I've only been doing them ..sporatically..for the past week..and don't know whether or not they are effective at helping sagging skin on the neck....but they are very dynamic (the 'at home' version is done lying down)..and they have definitely strengthened the muscles my neck..which is important to me ..in and of itself.

i also have incorporated her scooping exercises into my routine as i feel they are potentially effective...

i don't do her nose exercises...so i can't speak about them....

but i really am revitalized by the 'energy' or 'chi' she engages as part of her routine.which many don't like at all..where she moves her hand away from the skin a bit and asks us to feel the burn..it took me a while to really engage myself enough to feel it..but i do now..and i feel it to be so reawakening..and i suspect..also regenerating..as imo..energy flow is as real as the physical body..and both interact to create our health, well-being and beauty.
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I do like CM scooping exercises. I can feel my muscles tightening right away. I have been doing the neck exercises (fish lips, kissing ceiling, chin ups etc) on a regular basis, but my neck was hurting like crazy after first time of scooping, ouch. It's very effective and does involve more muscles than all other exs I have done before.

sistersweets, I found them on youtube she had an interview on fox.
search for Facercise dot com - Facial Exercises - Carole Maggio - Fox
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
I do like CM scooping exercises. I can feel my muscles tightening right away. I have been doing the neck exercises (fish lips, kissing ceiling, chin ups etc) on a regular basis, but my neck was hurting like crazy after first time of scooping, ouch. It's very effective and does involve more muscles than all other exs I have done before.

sistersweets, I found them on youtube she had an interview on fox.
search for Facercise dot com - Facial Exercises - Carole Maggio - Fox

You are now at 10 posts, so you should be able to post links now. YAY!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
a bit more about Carole's neck exercises..
they are among the few things in my life that i regret not having done before..

i originally knew about Carole's exercises in my early 50's...and didn't need them then..so put them aside..but i really belief that (although i don't know if they will help with already sagging skin) they would have prevented it in the first place...my sister has been doing them since that time and her neck is stunning.

On the floor..you lift yor neck and release it something like 25 times.. and then lift your head slightly and turn it thoroughly from left to right sides without putting your head down on the floor again for something like 35 times...very very vigorous..at least to me.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Jasmine - Thank you so much for the answers on neck exercises. I'm going to give it a go today - and also check out the website that Baldabek mentioned. For the record I think Kiss the ceiling may be more for toning the lower jaw line - and to a lesser extent the neck. Just a thought.

Sis
Truffles
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this thread and the Ageless thread for a few days now. I started the Carole Maggio program 5 weeks ago as that is the first one I found. I decided no matter what to give it a decent amount of time doing the full program 11 min. twice a day. I have to say, reading her book and following her dvd I did notice changes in the very first week. My husband took before and after pics and I take them every 2 weeks to compare and I'm such a scrutinizer with them as I want to discover the truth about facial exercises.

The first week my eyes lifted and rounded more open and the sides of my face became angular and my face looked less wide! It was such a shock to see such a change so fast. However my NL lines looked more pronounced during week 3 & 4. I didn't let that scare me as I read info where LouLou says the skin will pull up from the neck and face gradually and read somewhere else that it takes time for the skin to catch up with the building muscle. Now week 5 the NL lines are getting better but I now have the pouchy areas appearing beside the corners of my lips lol. I just read another post in ageless of this happening to 2 other people as well using ageless. Again I expect this will even out if I keep at it. It's fascinating to watch the changes starting with the eyes, then NL lines, now mouth and I have to say my neck looks so much better. Loulou says you will maybe have tired or scary looking days, I saw those but kept up and it's all coming together nicely. I like the carole maggio program and after I get to where I'm all even in the face I intend to add "Ageless if you dare" to it as well. I like the visualizations Carole gives as it brings your mind to focus on the area to intensify the burn, such as pressing a pencil between the lips. I understand energy and there is nothing nutty about what she is doing in these exercises. All I know is they work so far for me beautifully, and I love LouLous energy and kindness and will add her as well. As I said I do all of Carole's program including the nose pumps and nothing bad has happened to my nose lol. I think it has given me a little uplifted look there and maybe a wee bit more space between it and the upper lip. I have people freak and compliment and stare that haven't seen me for awhile right after the first week.

The best test of this will be when my sister sees me. She works for a plastic surgeon and told me a long time ago that I will wrinkle my face up if I do facial exercises. This is funny as I have not told her I'm doing them yet and will wait until she sees me and freaks out, as she is always discussing skin care products with me on the phone. She knows faces very well being the doctors right hand in surgery, so this will be a hoot when I prove to her they do work!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets,

Carole says to slowly build up to doing the full amount of the neck exercises..this is an exercise that may be a good idea to have a video or book presentation of(do you have her book?) ..as there is a specific way she holds her neck during the lift-release exercises..and her chin is always pointed 'up' rather than 'down' toward her chest (which would make the exercise easier) during both parts of the neck exercises...

but i know you are already proficient at facial exercises..so would likely be able to 'figure it out' in a way that works for you...

i just want to make sure that someone who is just beginning doesn't potentially injure themselves from doing this exercise without a 'model' of it.

it will be fun to be 'doing' this exercise with someone!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Truffles

it's incredible that you've gotten such good results so quickly with Carole's program..

..and i love that you also understand about 'energy'.

may i ask how old you are..as it helps in understanding the effects of a facial exercise program (although, of course, it's not at all the only consideration)

Truffles
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jasminerosey,

I just turned 47 in Dec! I think my puffy under eye bags, and my jowls and turkey neck suddenly sent me into researching a natural way to help myself. I started sleeping on 2 pillows staggered upon each other for the eyes and investigated facial exercises. I also realized using eye cream at night made my eyes very puffy upon awakening so I just use eye serum now at night, this really helped along with the eye exercises. I was very surprised at how quickly my eyes opened and how my face became angular so quickly, but I went into the program, excited and with a very positive energy everyday, twice a day and continued to love my face even on the scary days! I won't allow any negative thoughts to hamper my progress. My jawline and mouth corners seem to be coming along slower but they are coming!
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
truffles, the best review ever, and very helpful, thank you very much. I was worrying about getting an extra wrinkles on the corners of the lips, I've seen some not very happy reviews on amazon, I like CM lip exercise, it sounds crazy when she asks you to visualize and imagine things, so weird... but it works Embarassed I opted out for ageless program in general, I am getting some NL lines and have the same facial proportions as LL does, I see such a great results on her face, it should work for me too. I am looking better already. Has anyone else noticed after starting facial exs that dark under eye circles are getting lighter, I think mine are getting better.
Truffles
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Baldabek

I read all 178 reviews on Carol Maggio at Amazon and even more reviews at Amazon on her revised book. I found maybe 10 or so people out of a few hundred posted negative results. I think they likely saw the NL lines get worse as I did and it scared them to quit.

It happened to me too but It's understandable to me that the face will do adjustments in stages,and I have seen this with my own face. Yes it's a bit scary thinking "oh no what have i done"?!? but it does smooth out if you keep at it. Now seeing the pouchiness at the sides of my mouth and reading that is happening to others that use "Ageless" is confirmation that facial exercises are working no matter what the program is. I found Loulous answers in the threads and on her site helped me to feel calmer about what was happening to my face.

I will be buying her book soon to add to the foundation I'm building now. I think her explanation of pulling and encouraging the skin to thicken and become more elasticized will smooth out all the muscle I'm building with Carole Maggio's program.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I know there is no gain without pain, but are there any alternative routes (except surgery) to get all the nice results that exercises give you without actually doing them! Embarassed

The fear that they will do more harm to my smile lines does not feel good.

Also looking at Carol Maggio pictures, I can unhesitatingly say that I do not want to look like her when I get old.

If you look at pictures on she was young you can see that she did not age naturally, does she not look like she had botox and surgery and what not!
Truffles
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
All I know or have seen her admit to in her interviews was that she had a nose job when 24 yrs. old. She said it was a bad nose job as well and that her nose pumping exercise filled in the hollow on the side of her nose and fixed the tip of it after the damage surgery did. I look at her face up close on dvd everyday while doing her program, and yes i guess you would think she has had botox or facial surgery as I don't see any lines between her brows. I don't know if she has had anything else done but she claims at 52 that she didn't, not sure since then if she has.

Anyways I just want to build the muscles up and then add in the ageless program to smooth and thicken the skin so I do not end up too tight and muscular like Carole. She does look good but very firm, if I get too firm I would back off some of the exercises and just do maintenance to keep my face where "I" like it and not go overboard. In the 5 weeks I've been doing the program I have not noticed any new wrinkling, I'm more concerned with sag though.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Truffles! Great review and progress report! You are a great spokesperson for exercises and massage. Would you feel brave enough to post your before/after shots somewhere?

Yes, the mouth pouches...I've been doing FE since Aug 08 and added Ageless recently. I really am pleased how it is all coming together (I do a combination of both programs) and went thru the mouth pouch stage as well. Also a stage when there were parentheses lines lateral to where the NL folds used to be. Like loose skin. That is tightening up now. Everyone is different of course, but there are some stages we all go thru to a lesser or greater degree.

Good luck and keep doing it!

5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie, and thank you! You have encouraged me even more hearing your pouches are tightening! I also just discovered those parentheses lines which I didn't have before, so something is moving! lol.

I don't mind posting pics but have to scale them down,they are large and I'm a little shy as I wanted real and raw results therefore they were taken in natural light with NO makeup! yikes! I may crop the areas make them smaller pics of specific areas. I'm not feeling that great having my whole naked face on the internet! lol. None of my friends or family know what I've been up to yet...giggles. I'll work on that and see what I can do, just need some time as I run a couple of businesses.

Thanks again Fawnie, I'm so glad to hear another report that keeping with it produces nice results eventually.
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, Carol's face looks so tight I can hardly believe it's possible to obtain these results doing exs only... I know exs work but she doesn't look natural, not like D. Crowley from flexeffect or Eva Fraser. In the last video (on youtube) her lips looked very interesting, this is when I decided to keep searching and look for other programs and found facial flex and loulou. Anyways one side of her upper lip was way higher than the other one, botox, fillers?? I will find the video for you. IS it just me, or her lips are really misshaped?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkN205rBzwA&feature=related
Truffles
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just watched that video and she does not look that hard or contorted on my dvd. On my dvd, I believe she is 52 and in that you tube video she says she is 62. She looks a lot harder at 62 and yeah, I agree I think she has overdone it a bit,(whatever she has done). Her lips definitely look different and she speaks different as if she has to force her lips to move now.

I would not want to get myself to that extreme. Also in my dvd her hair and makeup is a lighter color and gives a much softer appearance than that really dark color on her. I would certainly for myself, not get that hard looking, I would ease off a bit to where I just maintain. I want skin that's pliable!! lol, I don't want anyone afraid to touch me!

She continues to claim no surgery except the nose job in that video as well, that's interesting.

It's good to see that video as well, puts out the message how firm one could become or a caution in monitoring one's enthusiasm when toning lol.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt anybody would really believe she is telling the truth, and hasn't had surgery or fillers?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

She looks extremely enhanced to me, and really not in a good way. But I suppose to sell her program, it's in her best interest to deny any outside 'help'.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
she has had a facelift,she admitted it and its obvious,even with exercise your jawline wont be that tight at 62...no way.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I doubt anybody would really believe she is telling the truth, and hasn't had surgery or fillers?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

She looks extremely enhanced to me, and really not in a good way. But I suppose to sell her program, it's in her best interest to deny any outside 'help'.

that lady is the poster child for plastic surgery - truely frightening - i think when you start getting PS you loose perspective on what's truely beautiful - it's a slippery slope...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
Anyways one side of her upper lip was way higher than the other one, botox, fillers?? I will find the video for you. IS it just me, or her lips are really misshaped?

She definitely has had major lip fillers...I once got way too much put in my lips, and had the same issue moving my lips as she seems to have.

Unfortunately, I think she has modified herself to the point where she is actually bad press for the facial exercise business. Plus, her old lady hairstyle, too dark hair, and outdated lipstick color aren't doing her ANY favors.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
baldabek2000 wrote:
Anyways one side of her upper lip was way higher than the other one, botox, fillers?? I will find the video for you. IS it just me, or her lips are really misshaped?

She definitely has had major lip fillers...I once got way too much put in my lips, and had the same issue moving my lips as she seems to have.

Unfortunately, I think she has modified herself to the point where she is actually bad press for the facial exercise business. Plus, her old lady hairstyle, too dark hair, and outdated lipstick color aren't doing her ANY favors.

i just took a look at that video clip-
all i could think was, you've GOT to be kidding me- what an idiot...0 credibility... and i REALLY have a problem w/ her visualization - not to knock it, i'm more new agey than the next, but she is dishin' such BS...do you know the amount of clarity, will and determination it takes to visualize (AND SUSTAIN) a physiological shift??????? and if you do have that kind of clarity and will - you do not give a rat's patute what your lips look like....this woman bother's me beyond belief - she's hawking a program that she herself doesn't even believe in...
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 am      Reply with quote
russiansunshine, do you use retin a? NL lines and any other are not going to get better if you do nothing. I was so tired seeing them getting worse so I started using retin a, md forte lotion, and now Ageless exercises. All helps a lot. I also use neck pillow at night, it prevents me from smashing my face against the pillow, this is how my lines got really bad, I kept folding them while sleeping, I would wake with with a huge red lines from nose to mouth, and it would take hours before they got better. Do not be afraid to excercise. You can always stop. I don't have any negative effects yet, I am doing cheek exs for 8-9 days and they are great, I can feel my face getting nicer and firmer. Start slowly, I don't think you have to start doing 20 reps and hold on count 10, I started from 10 reps, I am doing about 20 now but still trying not to overwork my muscles. The skin tone is improving too, of course retin a is doing its job as well. Deb Crowley, Louise Annette use topical treatments too and don't deny it, so it's not only about exercises.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey, I did Carole Maggio's neck exercises (the ones where you are lying down & lift your head) for months (about 10 or so years ago). They toned (I think) my neck but what they really did was help flatten my stomach & strengthen my chest muscles. Two side effects that were very welcomed. I don't think that my neck needed much help at that time so I lost interest. Now that I can really use the tightening, I'm back to doing them every day for the bonus benefits as well.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
You know her lips are weird, but it's also the cheekbones. Way too sharp/pointy and really sunken underneath them. Definately don't like her look at all. Enhanced if you ask me, and not in a nice way. Sorry Carole.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |