Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
bethany - your photo's are SPECTACULAR - everyday i look in the mirror and go why don't my lower marrionetts look like bethany's?? i know you haven't been doing agless too long...you will only be a credit to facial ex and all the other techniques your using...u go girl
best
m

And I just say "Faster, faster!! Why are they still there at all?" Laughing Laughing Laughing

But I have had pretty great results since only 11/8....I had been thinking that I was at 4+ months, but it is really only 3+ months Shock (I used my fingers to count this time Very Happy ). I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about from a time standpoint.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Anyone ever heard or tried the Eigard Method? If I remember correctly, I've read before that Eva Longoria uses it.

Also, something else called the Putkisto Method?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Why don't we have more pictures... Because of the rudeness... I swear, if the rude and mean comments could stop, we'd have A LOT more.

Well said Claudia. The sad truth is women are their own worst enemies. We all come to this forum for ideas, to get some advice and to chat with others who are as "obsessed" with their looks as we individually are. I don't know if it is jealously, resentment or what that prompts these comments but all they do is discourage people (me included) from posting pictures. I applaude all of those brave souls who have been kind enough to share their pictures.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
LOL two blasts from my pasts.

Eigard Method had its own website, and isn't a dvd but a book, but a good one at that and certain worth reading and was developed by Lea Eigard (and you can read reviews I think on Amazon, but her website is worth a look as she does put some samples from it up there and the daily schedule I used to find really interesting and useful for fitting exercises into your daily routine).

http://www.leaeigard.com/

Its Method Putkisto, and its based on the work of Maria Putkisto and her system was actually based on her discovery of body exercises. She found that by doing a particular kind of exercises during the 80's when everyone was going for the burn, wasn't as effective as doing stretches and holding them for a little while, as this destresses the muscle and actually gets it back to a healthier shape. I did a class with her on the face though, (well before FlexEffect) and was a little disappointed as I originally thought it would be the same principles as working out the body muscles but for the face. There are some interesting exercises though and they are very effective. She has a dvd demonstrating a selection of exercises (but not all the ones in the book - but I own both!).

Both are good programs, and both work/activate the muscles differently but certainly if your interested in facial exercises they are worth reading.

http://www.methodputkisto.com/eng/faceschool.html

milky wrote:
Anyone ever heard or tried the Eigard Method? If I remember correctly, I've read before that Eva Longoria uses it.

Also, something else called the Putkisto Method?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out the Eigard website and tried her free exercise for chin/jawline and it was good! Reminded me of one of the FE exercises except seemed more intense.

Anyone have her book? I was intrigued with what I saw. She looks great and not phony like "others".
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I agree - the Eigard book looks interesting, and its author looks wonderful and natural. I'm also going to go back and look at my Carole Maggio book again, especially for the "scooping" exercise. I want to start specifically concentrating more on my MLs, and on my jawline and neck area in general. FE will be in my not-too-distant future, too... Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
What is the scooping exercise? I know we can't be explaining someones private property on here but what is the exercise for - what does it target?
Jomin
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
FlexEffect does not honor their 30 day satisfaction return guarantee.

I bought it, believing that if I it does not work for me, I can return within their time frame.

Howver, I sent numerous emails, voice mail inquiring their return address and approval and not getting ANY respond. Apparently the got my money and that's it.

If you are not sure if the program is for you, stay clear away from this company.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Carole's scooping exercise targets the jaw area, Sis....i like this one, too.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Jomin - Keep trying. When I ordered FE it took a while for the order to process or for anyone to get back to me on it. (I wondered what had happened to my order). But they eventually called me and were more than wonderful and apologetic about things.
I am sure they will do your refund for you. Stick with it. Keep a record. Sean is on here and he is involved with FE. Hopefully he will respond to this as he is more in the know.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Carole's scooping exercise targets the jaw area, Sis....i like this one, too.

Thanks Jasminerosey - I just did my lying on the floor neck exercises and I thought of you Very Happy and of mpstat telling me I wouldn't look like a sumo wrestler from them! Laughing Thank goodness.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I checked out the Eigard website and tried her free exercise for chin/jawline and it was good! Reminded me of one of the FE exercises except seemed more intense.

Anyone have her book? I was intrigued with what I saw. She looks great and not phony like "others".

It does feel like a good exercise.
I agree she looks fabulous. I wonder how old she is in these pics.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Jomin wrote:
Sorry everyone, I still hold on to my belief that Deb in the DVD looks like she's in her 50s. I have a yoga instructor who is in 55 and looked much younger than Deb. She has had no artificial enhancement either. Maybe the invert pose in Yoga, 5 minutes a day helped...

I have to laugh about this... 'cause I was totally thinking that you were looking at the original video/DVD... where Deb was in her 40's... and I was just talking with her as to how you thought she looked in her 50's... and She started laughing... Well that's fine she says... "I am in 50's in that DVD." WHAT? I don't even remember her re-recording... and then she reminded me of all that... (Jeesh where was I?)

5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia,

If Deb was truely in her 40s when she recorded that DVD, there is even a better reason for me to return the package, because I am going to be 40 a just a few days, and I look WWWAAAAYYYY younger than her in that DVD.

I was planning to use this program for preventive. My philosophy: it's much better to start early before there is a problem than correcting the problem later.

But this appears to be not the right thing for that philosophy.

My husband and his brother had a chance to see Deb's images on the DVD. Without knowing who she was, how old she was, responded to my inquiry of how old they thought she looked, they both guessed she was at least 10 years older than them. My husband is 40, his brother is 43.

Just wonder what kind of damage the program would do to me when I am in my 50s?
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Jomin,

Claudia just said that Deb was in her 50's. Again, reiterating what was said in the thread earlier, Deb has aged very well for a Caucasian woman. Asians generally age much better. How lucky for you!

The program is preventative. Since (as you have said), you look much better than Deb, you will probably -- with any facial exercise program-- age much better as well.

I think your comments are quite rude and mean spirited.

As far as the objectivity of your husband and brother in law... all opinion is subjective, not objective. Unless of course they are Omniscient Beings!

Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully we can move forward on this thread now, and onto something other than Deb's appearance.

Facial Exercise may not be the right solution for everyone, but it has certainly been the right solution for many. But we are all different (genetics, lifestyle, viewpoints) so no one should expect that one size fits all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Sistersweets,

Take a look at the website, where its one of the freebies:

http://www.leaeigard.com/exercises_beg_chinup.htm

That explains the exercise I think your asking about.
sister sweets wrote:
What is the scooping exercise? I know we can't be explaining someones private property on here but what is the exercise for - what does it target?

5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:53 am      Reply with quote
I haven't watched the video but on all pictures on her website Deb looks 10 years younger than the age mentioned below the pic, my opinion. And for me it would be very creepy if 50-60 yo old woman looked like 20 or I-don't-know-how-old-you-expect-her-to-look... Right now she doesn't look 30, no, but she looks great, and it's not necessary the skin and wrinkles that show your age, with age comes WISDOM, this is what you see on her pictures when you say she doesn't look #
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Well said Bethany, I agree lets move on back to the original subject of thread and do you do facial exercises Laughing

Also re Deb's look, well I think the lighting etc are not the most flattering she is under in the filming of that, and in my opinion she does look good.... but also having seen her in real life, I think she looks even better now. Jomin you say you look younger..... where can we see your picture to compare?

5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:00 am      Reply with quote
sistersweets, Carol showed the neck scooping excercise during her fox interview. I have been doing chin exs from Sean's link for years, I find that Carol's exercise works better for me, just a couple of weeks and my neck is looking great, I prefer it to Loulou's neck exs as well.
PS Finally, I looked like cr*p yesterday morning (day 11-12), I guess exs are working. Laughing I am going to slow down.
Jomin
5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
vangirl3,

As a consumer, I certainly can express my opinion. I am not here to insult anyone, however, I can make any judgment of the product I consider, specially if I will be using it for a long time. And Deb's facial appearance is the end result of the product that I reviewed. This result does not inspire confidence in me.

My review is honest even though it might not be what you all want to hear. Claudia is defending it because she wants to promote it.

There is nothing personal here. I don't know these people, I have no reason to have ill feeling for them. All is purely product review and customer support feedback (which they have horrible customer support).

If Deb or Claudia don't have the ability to hear /accept critics from consumers, then they should not put themselves out there for the business.

As someone said, not product is good for everyone, and I am the lucky(or unlucky) one that it's clearly not for me. I spent $10 and happy with the Lou lou program.

And this is my review, there is no need for anyone to be personal. I wish the best result for all who use it.

I am finish with this topic.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hey Everyone... please don't feel the need to defend either Deb or I. As, I've said in the past. We've heard all the Rude, ridiculous, mean spirited... YOU NAME IT remarks. It's very common in our industry.

Jomin, I could not possibly take offense to your remark... As I do believe it to be an opinion... And well we all know about opinions don't we? And yes, as a consumer you have the right to express your opinion.

You are wrong, however, in my defense of Deb aging quite well. It's not just about the product. Although, I KNOW FOR A FACT how Deb has attained her look as she is my mother. I've also seen her side by side with all the other mothers of "kids" in my class. I also know that she looks superior than most women her age who SMOKED (yes IT'S TRUE) until she was 30 y/o. Or one who has been through extreme dieting as competitive bodybuilders terribly put themselves through in her era. Or one that bore the extreme stress of taking care of an ailing parent in her home for over 6 years (see the thread about aging do due to stress).

Regardless, your husband and BIL are still wrong... she's older than their guestimation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, I was debating posting in Loulou's thread or this one and decided this thread more appropriate since the pics I am posting were the result of both Carole's lip tapping exercise and Loulou's upper lip exercise example.

I've never been blessed with beautiful lips, and they are quite disproportionate (IMO). The first pic is the before (lip color and a goofy smile Embarassed )

The following two are in progress. The second pic is a little bizarre given the skewed angle, so the first one is closer to what I see in the mirror. I apologize for the graininess (I had used the macro option Confused ). I have noticed a difference in my upper lip, of which I attribute, firstly, to Loulou's lip exercise, (an *occasional*, but which I am incorporating as part of my routine), and secondly to Carole Maggio's lip tap rubbing exercise.

Edit: Ugh, apparently new members cannot post links and I see no option for attaching. I am leaving my post though because it's on topic regarding opinion on various face exercise.
Smile
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
pleiades I think that your ability to post links happens after you have reached a certain number of posts, so you may be able to post them later on, but it sure is a good thing to post in this discussion topic for sure!

5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pleiades,

I am doing Carol Maggio's program as well in my 6th week now and just bought LouLou's book yesterday. I have Carol's basic and advanced dvd and her book. My question is, where is this lip tapping rubbing?? exercise. I haven't seen any rubbing lol. The tapping one, are you referring to the "imagine a pencil and tap your lip and extend..."? I'm more curious about the rubbing though. Maybe it's in her new revised book? if so, I don't have that one.

Congrats on your improvements, I'm seeing them on myself too!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |