Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Fox, many of us have a similar jaw problem called TMJ, and I was worried that something like Facial Flex would irritate mine and make the clicking worse.

However, after doing some research online I learned that they often use these types of exercises to TREAT such jaw problems...that might be why you have already seen an improvement.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Fox, many of us have a similar jaw problem called TMJ, and I was worried that something like Facial Flex would irritate mine and make the clicking worse.

However, after doing some research online I learned that they often use these types of exercises to TREAT such jaw problems...that might be why you have already seen an improvement.

Thanks Bethany Smile

That's really useful information. Has the Facial Flex helped your clicky jaw?

I'm pretty sure mine is down to my loose joints in general, but every doctor seems to recommend to strengthen, strengthen, strengthen the muscles around problem joints.

I'd never heard of jaw exercises before I came to this forum before. I'm going to keep doing mine and keep and eye on what happens. Wish me luck!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Flex Effect has a short set of exercises that I feel are not a good idea for a troubled TMJ - have one myself - so I do the Kiss the ceiling one in place of it - It hits the area of the same muscles I'd say.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets - Right now I have nice neck, and did not really do much neck exercises. I used to do kiss the ceiling exercise in the past, and it is a good one, I need to consider starting doing it again along with another one I do from time to time for preventive measures. Do you find it being effective for you?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I think it is a good exercise. I like the philosophy of flex effect - Doing the exercises for prevention and maintanence of what you already have.
Although the results for drastic improvement of sagging and wrinkling are also there so it's an overall comprehensive program.
Kiss the Ceiling is not a part of FE but I read about it - somehwere here and use it as a substitute for the FE that uses the TMJ.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks sister sweets! Then I'll resume doing two neck exercises with one of them being kiss the ceiling. Right now neck is one of my best features, and one of the spas even had my image with open neck/shoulders for their ads, so I need to keep it this way.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Thanks sister sweets! Then I'll resume doing two neck exercises with one of them being kiss the ceiling. Right now neck is one of my best features, and one of the spas even had my image with open neck/shoulders for their ads, so I need to keep it this way.

Wow, That's awesome!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I sort of have a TMJ issue and when I started the FlexEffect it did act up. I went to my chiropractor and she said the exercises where actually good for the issue but to take it slower. I laid off the ones that bothered me and after some time introduced them again slowly and got along fine. I usually get over zealous and go about things with too strong of a approach. Sad
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Flex Effect has a short set of exercises that I feel are not a good idea for a troubled TMJ - have one myself - so I do the Kiss the ceiling one in place of it - It hits the area of the same muscles I'd say.

Okay guys, can someone explain the kiss the ceiling exercise? Rolling Eyes
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Okay guys, can someone explain the kiss the ceiling exercise? Rolling Eyes
Toby

Sure Laughing

Tip your head back and purse your lips, like your blowing a kiss to the ceiling. Try to pout your lips as much as possible. I do this until I can feel the ache in my jaw (after about thirty "kisses") then I stop.

I don't know if it will work for you, but I genuinely hope it helps your TMJ. After three days of "kissing the ceiling" on and off I can already see (and feel) a slight difference in my jaw Smile
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:

Wow! That must have felt like one of the best compliments ever when they asked you to do that. Awesome Smile
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:20 am      Reply with quote
28 years old, if i need to do facial exercises ?
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Exercise is a way forward. I believe in it although have not been doing mine. I am sure it is better than just slapping a cream on. Bad Grin
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:30 am      Reply with quote
I teach facial exercise, and I've written a book about it, which I probably can't mention here, but it really does work bigtime. I totally transformed my face, and one of the greatest things about it is that it gives you back your own face, not a surgeon's idea of what your face might have been like when you were younger.

The trouble is that most people don't realise how much is possible. The women (and men) I teach are usually people who are very open to learning new things, people interested in mainstream beauty believe more in products and procedures, as though it has to be either/or.

Loulou Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Loulou - are you the same Loulou from FlexEffect board?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Mpstat - it most certainly is.... I was just telling her how much we all miss her from there! :D
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sean! Smile

It is so great that both of you are posting on this thread! Sean and Loulou - two experts on facial exercises!

Here are pictures of Loulou from FlexEffect board demonstrating her success (scroll down) :
http://www.flexeffect.com/LoulouBA.htm
Nice cheeks!! These before and after cheeks pictures are for sure very inspirational for lots of people!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Thanks Sean! Smile Here are pictures of Loulou from FlexEffect board demonstrating her success (scroll down) :
http://www.flexeffect.com/LoulouBA.htm
Nice cheeks!! These before and after cheeks pictures are for sure very inspirational for lots of people!

I am completely speechless - and amazed. Damn, damn, damn it I'm going to have to do these damn exercises!!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Loulou!!! Your pictures were one of the reasons I got into FlexEffect!!! I'm striving for the smoothly defined jaw and plump cheeks that you've achieved!! WoW!!! What great results. That's what keeps me doing my routine every blessed day!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I naturally have high cheeks somewhat similar to Loulou's. And after I started doing facial exercises I have even better defined high cheeks. When I touch flesh on cheek bones I can feel nice springy volume. Facial exercises definitely helpful! I never had fillers, and with facial exercises hopefully will stay away from them!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
So what do you do to start off? Surely you don't have to do the whole 47 exercises do you?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - DVD has fourteen exercises that flexers usually start with, and then gradually expand to more.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
This is schedule clarification that I am transferring here from Droopy Jowls thread.

Once you get a hang of exercises you would be able to better determine which schedule suites you the best. A couple weeks ago I exchanged opinions on schedule with another EDS member, and she for most of the time doing exercises 3-4 times a week, and has good results on this schedule. I had been doing them 5 times a week, but after the discussion with her switched to two days exercises - one day off schedule, although this is not recommended practice on FlexEffect board. Also I am thinking about possibly doing them every other day....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
This is schedule clarification that I am transferring here from Droopy Jowls thread.

Once you get a hang of exercises you would be able to better determine which schedule suites you the best. A couple weeks ago I exchanged opinions on schedule with another EDS member, and she for most of the time doing exercises 3-4 times a week, and has good results on this schedule. I had been doing them 5 times a week, but after the discussion with her switched to two days exercises - one day off schedule, although this is not recommended practice on FlexEffect board. Also I am thinking about possibly doing them every other day....

Mpstat, this sounds much more manageable for me. And I could even do FlexEffect on one day, and maybe my Facial Flex on the days that I don't do FlexEffect.

Keliu, maybe you could adopt a similar thing and alternate the tools and the facial exercise?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think that less frequent facial exercises schedule is more for maintenance, after you build muscles to a desired degree, and satisfied with the appearance. And initially it pays off to invest more time in FelxEffect.

When I started doing FlexEffect facial exercises, I was doing them daily for about half a year (maybe even more), then switched to five times a week schedule, and since very recently 2/1 schedule. Even scaled down time for facial exercises is still my number one priority in my beauty routine.

Maybe half a year sounds as a lot, but I think that it is desirable to do it the proper way for two-three months. And alternating exercises on different days sounds as a good idea, in fact I need to correct myself that the EDS member that was doing FlexEffect 3-4 times a week, was doing another less time consuming exercises on non-FlexEffect days.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |