Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone- this is a valuable discussion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it helped! Smile

P.S. I'm not a professional teacher nor a personal trainer, but I have done some teaching and tutoring, and am trained in science journalism.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm also a user of oils and was thinking, if the exercises could be more efficient, if the face was lubricated before. Should I be connecting those two activities? Could they contribute to each other?
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Vor wrote:
I'm also a user of oils and was thinking, if the exercises could be more efficient, if the face was lubricated before. Should I be connecting those two activities? Could they contribute to each other?

I would think for most facial exercise programs it would be very difficult to get a grip if you had oil on your face. But perhaps someone else has a different take on this? I suppose adding oil while you massage could be benefical or at least make your skin feel good?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I do some of the exercises with oils, and some without. It depends on the exercise itself, and the way I do it. For example when I exercise Zygomaticus I need to have a good grip from inside and outside to pull the muscle, so I do it without oils. But when I concentrate solely on Caput Angulare, I use oils because I provide resistance by sliding fingers along these muscles. And I always do facial massages with oils.
Freya
5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend an exercise to widen one eye? I have noticed one eye is wider than the other. It isn't due to aging skin, but rather to the muscles of one eye being stronger or just the size being different.

I have tried using an exercise where I grip the eyelid of narrower eye while trying to open the eyes wide. I got this from "Ageless if you Dare".

I would also be curious if anyone has had success with this problem?

Thanks in advance!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Freya wrote:
Can anyone recommend an exercise to widen one eye? I have noticed one eye is wider than the other. It isn't due to aging skin, but rather to the muscles of one eye being stronger or just the size being different.

I have tried using an exercise where I grip the eyelid of narrower eye while trying to open the eyes wide. I got this from "Ageless if you Dare".

Thanks in advance!

Hi Freya Smile Yes, I've had success with this exercise over a longer period of time. Both FlexEffect and Ageless have exercises that target this muscle, with the main difference being their grip. I actually prefer a different grip to both, and hold onto my eyelashes, rather than the lid itself. That's what works best for me personally, but you can do whatever works best for you in allowing to feel the muscle really working, while not putting pressure on your eyes. HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious which exercises these are too. I have both FE and Ageless but have not been keeping up with them. My eyes are shorter because of a stupid surgeon but strengthening the muscle might bring them out a bit.

Thanks.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Freya wrote:

Thanks in advance!

hopefully the exericises would work for you but its a fact that left n right side of the face are not the same, there are always diffrences, my left is bigger than the right, my left jawline is lower than the right, i like my right ear and not the left..... what do i doooo,lol... just kiding.. we are after all humans and not mannequins or the heavily photoshoped celebs!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Freya, If the problem is due *solely* to weakness in the eyelid of one eye being more open than the other, then the muscle you want to target is levator palpebrae superioris. This muscle is targeted by FlexEffect's Upper Lid Lift (exercise 6) or Ageless's Wider Eyes (exercise 9).

Of course, if the problem isn't solely due to weakness in the muscle that opens the eyelid itself, then the solution will involve some combination of exercising the forehead and temporalis muscles (to lift the skin above the eye), as well as exercising the eye muscle itself (orbicularis oculi).

You're best off by training all the muscles of the face, to create facial harmony, rather than spot training....but I did want to help by pointing out which muscle is responsible for opening the eyelid and which exercises target that muscle. HTH Smile

5% products discount

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm guessing this has already been asked, but I'm sorry. This thread's 40+ pages!
Any good exercises to kill off the beginnings of lip lines?
Thanks!
bobkerry

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:58 am      Reply with quote
facial excercises seems to be really useful and one can do it regulary too and should do it in order to make their skin healthy fit and fine
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Truth, there are exercises for liplines..how effective they are is another story entirely...i'm thinking of the lip exercises from Flex Effect third edition..there is a flex effect thread on the Skincare tools forum somewhere..perhaps you can do a search for it..and claudia or one of the other FE trainers may respond to your post..or alternatively you can go to wwwflexeffect.com(i believe that's the address) and join the general forum (there are also forums on that site that you have to have the dvd's to join..but the general forum is for anyone) and ask your question there.

massage is also suggested for all faacial lines/sags...you can do some research on facial massage also on this forum...most facial exercise programs also include massage as part of their program.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Senta Maria Runge also has some wonderful exercises for liplines (again don't know if they are effecive or not... but her exercises..for other parts of the face..i have experienced as being effective) there is a free download of her book..i don't know the link...but, again, there is a thread on the skincare tools forum ..so please do a search if you are interested.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
truth wrote:
I'm guessing this has already been asked, but I'm sorry. This thread's 40+ pages!
Any good exercises to kill off the beginnings of lip lines?
Thanks!

Yes, there are. IMHO, the lip exercises from just about any program (or the free ones on YouTube) will help reduce or get rid of your lip lines. The important thing is to do them consistently.

Also, two other things that will make a big difference here are:

(1) massage (vigorious enough that you can see the increased circulation). e.g., FlexEffect has a massage challenge, where you massage your problem area for 3 minutes 2x a day for 2 weeks, and then report back on your progress.

(2) hydration

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great facial exercise from you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU5btNpAJ0w&feature=related

5% products discount

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SeanySean

If I buy Flex Effect 3rd edition, do I need to buy the Method Putkisto Face exercises book as well?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Difference between need to and want to.

FE is a complete training program. You will learn to work every muscle in your face, and then some.

IF you WANT to buy something else... that's a personal choice.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody!

I'm new here and I have some questions about facial exercises.

I have Carole Maggio's Facercise, FlexEffect and Loulou's Angeless.

The question is can any of those be used by men?

I want to improve my face a bit and facial exercises are the best I could find to help me with this.
The problem is, Carole Maggio has a book "facercise for men" (or something like that), but no video for it and it's hard for me to understand exactly what to do without video. So I'm thinking to use one of the above that has video explanations too.

Thanks for your replies.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, they can all be used by men. For the "Facercise for Men" book, from memory it is a shorter program than the original Facercise workout, but I believe that all or virtually all of the exercises in it are in the original Facercise program. So if you do decide to go with it, you can use the original Facercise DVD. FlexEffect also has a DVD to demonstrate the exercises. I recommend avoiding purchasing Ageless due to repeated and extensive poor treatment of customers and bad business practices. The others are both good programs, but are fairly different in their approaches. HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
If you have FlexEffect, you might want to talk with Sean, he's a guy and a trainer there. I understand with Facercise, and the beginners dvd that used to go with it, that could be done by men and that one of the reasons she wrote Facebuilder for Men was that she had an email from a guy who had amazing results and featured him in that book. In her latest book (Maggio's) and dvd she does have a guy demoing some stuff in that too, so I would say they both can definitely be done by guys too.

Re Ageless, I've not got much recall of any guys doing that program - apart from one who got into a few problems with it and have to say they had terrible customer service. In the end that guy got help from the FlexEffect people, so I wouldn't recommend you touch Ageless with a bargepole to be frank.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Do you know any free facial exercising website?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Tom Haggerty's site is great, and he has a forum there too. Plus his exercises are freewww.shapeyourface.com

azumma wrote:
Do you know any free facial exercising website?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
If you go to Youtube and just search "Facial Exercise" you will find more than enough to get you started. Or you can search just for problem areas, i.e. cheek firming exercises, or chin firming exercises, etc. etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Personally I wouldn’t work just problem areas. You want to do exercises for the face as a whole rather than working just problem areas. There’s a good reason most programs say to do so, and that’s because if you work just a problem area and it starts responding, then the rest of the face can look different in comparison and you then have to try and figure out how to work the rest of the face. Tom’s program is only 5 exercises and seems to hit all the major groups so I’d start out with that. He’s got a dvd that he sells demoing them if you want, and a forum where he answers questions. Otherwise youtube is great for getting an idea of what different programs are like, but I’d try to avoid creating your own program starting out – it makes life really complicated!
Immacolata wrote:
If you go to Youtube and just search "Facial Exercise" you will find more than enough to get you started. Or you can search just for problem areas, i.e. cheek firming exercises, or chin firming exercises, etc. etc.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |