Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
mpstat thanks for that. I think i probably will get the system. After chrissy and the new year is over and im not so broke Surprised

You are welcome carolb69! Smile FlexEffect people keep on saying that the new edition is coming next year, but no specifics on when we should expect it... Question If you are not in a hurry you might wait for this new edition...
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think i heard mid year somewhere?? No sure i want to wait that long...do you know how different its meant to be? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I do not know... long ago they said in January, but I have not heard anything since, so it might be mid-year. Do not know about contents, I really want to see ALL the exercises on DVD...

If you get the system now, by the time the new edition released (assuming mid-year), you'll be training for half year already, which is definitely a plus, and it does take time to get accustomed to the exercises.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
carol, so sorry to hear you're having problems with the flex away. I also had problems initially trying to wotk out how to put it in, but finally got the hang of it after several tries!

Hope you won't give up, i've been using it for 3 months now and getting good results with my double chin! Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi cahoot , yeah i guess i should try it a bit longer before giving up. It just seems impossible!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Well i got my flexaway device in the mail and i hate the bloody thing Sad I cant even get it in my mouth! Ive watched the dvd,read the instructions and it does not go in easily like demonstrated at all! I think ill be sending it back and trying flexeffect at some point. Just hope i kept the receipt.

Sad

Sorry to hear this, carol.

Keep us updated, will you,if you persevere with it?

Sounds a tricky little item. Maybe this is why there is so little real info on their website : because it would put potential purchasers off! Wink
mila100
5% products discount

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered DVD/BOOK/CD FlexEffect program over the phone and I was told that there is not going be a new DVD version, instead Deb is working on a new book which is not going to be available for about a year. I didn't want to wait that long.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using a Facial Flex for about three years. It has made a big difference in the contour of my jaw. As of late I have not been faithful and it is starting to show.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've never done them and I don't see the need to yet...maybe in a few years...
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
mila100 wrote:
I just ordered DVD/BOOK/CD FlexEffect program over the phone and I was told that there is not going be a new DVD version, instead Deb is working on a new book which is not going to be available for about a year. I didn't want to wait that long.

Thank you mila, I have been waiting for the new FE system. There were mixed messages on when the new FE will be available, seems it might be longer than expected. And if this is the case it is good for you to get it now. Smile
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I have been using a Facial Flex for about three years. It has made a big difference in the contour of my jaw. As of late I have not been faithful and it is starting to show.

Does it give you lines around your mouth? Im not sure if this is the one I am thinking of, but I heard/read that one of those devices can give you lines.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Ive been doing a flexeffect exercise for under eyes where you pull down the skin under your eyes and then close eyes. At first i thought my under eyes felt firmer but now it feels like the skin has got looser Confused And my lines seem worse..im starting to think that pulling the delicate skin like that is not good Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carol. Is that the bloodhound one? I dont do that one, it just seems too brutal to me.

I tighten that area the Tal Rhinehart DVD way - take your 3 longest fingers, splay them. place them on your lower eye socket... the bone area. Then squint up your lower eye area, like a Clint Eastwood look in a spaghetti western. If you do it, you will feel the resistance you are creating. It WORKS really well. Believe me. And no skin pulling.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Great thanks Catski Very Happy I just tried it snd it is much better than the other one..no pulling on the skin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Good stuff. Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
angelwings1226 wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Does it give you lines around your mouth? Im not sure if this is the one I am thinking of, but I heard/read that one of those devices can give you lines.

Actually, I have very few lines above my lip. Barely noticeable unless I use a magnification mirror. The corners of my mouth have started turning down and part of the aging process. All in all my face (and around the mouth) is better toned now then 3 years ago. In the lounge under ----and aging process I posted a recent picture taken a few weeks ago. Of course this pic has some makeup on unlike the Nuface before and afters (gross Bad Grin) Granted I am in my sixties but face is toned well for a Grandma. Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I am the masking master!! Bad Grin Bad Grin

Honestly... I think I've tried EVERY kind of mask out there possible...
I usually do once every 2 days, but when I'm lazy, 2 times a week.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
facial exercise will exercise facial muscle. Unlike the skeletal muscles of the body, the facial muscles are directly attached to the skin that covers them. (They are also attached to other facial muscles and to bone.) When these facial muscles start to lose their tone and elasticity because of age and gravity, the skin that is attached to them starts to sag.

If you need a tight skin , you better do facial exercise.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
hahaqj wrote:
facial exercise will exercise facial muscle. Unlike the skeletal muscles of the body, the facial muscles are directly attached to the skin that covers them. (They are also attached to other facial muscles and to bone.) When these facial muscles start to lose their tone and elasticity because of age and gravity, the skin that is attached to them starts to sag.

If you need a tight skin , you better do facial exercise.

Well said hahaqj Smile The facial muscles are the foundation on which skin rests and the foundation should be "structurally sound". Skin is the presentation layer, and we need to take care of it as as of such.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Hi Carol. Is that the bloodhound one? I dont do that one, it just seems too brutal to me.

I tighten that area the Tal Rhinehart DVD way - take your 3 longest fingers, splay them. place them on your lower eye socket... the bone area. Then squint up your lower eye area, like a Clint Eastwood look in a spaghetti western. If you do it, you will feel the resistance you are creating. It WORKS really well. Believe me. And no skin pulling.

Catski when you say it works,what results have you had from that one? An increased firmness? Does it reduce lines have you found?

Ive been doing it but too soon to see a difference yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - thanks hahaqj! It had never occured to me to do facial exercises - I had never heard of this!

What is a good jaw/saggy neck one?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
angelwings1226 wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Actually, I have very few lines above me lip. Barely noticeable unless I use a magnification mirror. The corners of my mouth have started turning down and part of the aging process. All in all my face (and around the mouth) is better toned now then 3 years ago. In the lounge under ----and aging process I posted a recent picture taken a few weeks ago. Of course this pic has some makeup on unlike the Nuface before and afters (gross Bad Grin) Granted I am in my sixties but face is toned well for a Grandma. Laughing

Just checked out the pics. You look great! Thats good that you dont have the lines from using the Facial Flex. Im sure everyone is different and it just depends on the person. Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
[ when you say it works,what results have you had from that one? An increased firmness? Does it reduce lines have you found?

Ive been doing it but too soon to see a difference yet.

I had Sunken under eye area - really tired looking. The opposite of puffy. The eye socket bone very evident.

Doing this exercise has totally gotten rid of that sunken look. I'm thrilled, because I had been looking at surgery to correct it.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I am 34,I'll try it.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would add my experience in this long-running thread. I've had the Carol Maggio Facercise DVDs and book since November but only got serious the past 6 weeks or so. I do the exercises first thing with I wake up in the morning so I won't find an excuse not to do them later. I don't think I would ever have understood the movements from the book alone, and some aren't 100% clear even with the DVD, but I think I've got them all pretty well now.

I began them mostly for the marionette lines in my jaw, and those seem to be softening, not as deep. When I put on makeup, which isn't everyday, my eyes seem larger and wide open. I stopped doing the ones where you squeeze the corners of your mouth because I was getting some odd little curl lines outside my lips. The most obvious change is in my cheek bones which were just flat skin over bones; already I feel muscle under there, and it seems to be building. No change in the jowls yet, but I've gained a few pounds, and I thought as I dieted them away, it was a good idea to get some tone back into my facial muscles. I've committed to doing this for at least a year before I go onto something else.

I'm also doing the Facial Flex during the day, but I can't see any difference it has made. Several pages back, one member was concerned with lines caused by her Facial Flex, and I can see how that could happen if you pucker when you flex. This would give lip lines like smokers get. The issue was mentioned on their website, and it was advised that you push your lips outward instead. Anyway, I have the old one. It may not even be an issue with the newer model.

I'll post back if anything miraculous happens! Smile

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |