Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
I think that less frequent facial exercises schedule is more for maintenance, after you build muscles to a desired degree, and satisfied with the appearance. And initially it pays off to invest more time in FelxEffect.

That does make sense, sigh. But you can't blame me for hoping! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
The Aussie dollar is so bad at the moment, so I have just spent a fortune on ordering the Flexaway - a ridiculous piece of plastic. I know I should probably have tried Flexeffect but I just can't get motivated and I know I'm far more lightly to use a gadget. Although I must admit that the other ridiculous piece of plastic (the Facialflex) was tossed after a few months because I was convinced my double chin was blowing up like a balloon.

The Flexaway is getting some raves over on the Skin Biology Board and someone here pm'ed me that they were having success with it. If anyone else has any input on it I'd love to hear from you.
FitFifty
5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Shoot, Keliu, I would cheerfully have traded your FacialFlex for my FlexAway. I got a 2-for-1 special, not realizing you have to hold the FlexAway in your teeth, so one’s absolutely brand new in the box. It’s definitely not for those with periodontal disease – the dang thing hurt my poor gums. Which is too bad, because I could feel the effort in my face on my aborted attempt. I’d say it’s not for those with loose teeth or dentures, either.
But if anyone wants it, it’s yours for the shipping cost. I’ll even pay that for a trade that sounds good. Which, considering all the useless crap I’ve bought, is just about anything.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Thanks Sean! Smile

It is so great that both of you are posting on this thread! Sean and Loulou - two experts on facial exercises!

Here are pictures of Loulou from FlexEffect board demonstrating her success (scroll down) :
Nice cheeks!! These before and after cheeks pictures are for sure very inspirational for lots of people!

Wow Loulou, you got that way from the Flex
Effect? You look amazing. What other products do you use? I want your whole beauty routing! You look wonderful
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, anyone here doing the facial exercises in this link below? It's free so I would like to know how reliable it is? Confused
www.dermaxime.com/facial-exercises.htm

I wanna work on my eyelids and nasal folds. So it makes sense that I work on my cheeks so that they look more lifted as well as my nasal folds? But I'm afraid the cheek exercises will increase the lines around my mouth in the long run cuz of the constant movements everyday, just like when u smile?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I started FE in June 08. In the beginning I was doing the CD only - 14 exercises as the 40 sounded daunting. Eventually I started to add others and by end July was doing everything on the dvd. I have not added the extra neck exercises but work our faithfully in a gym so hope I'm getting something there.

I believe FE has been the best beauty investment I've made. I see some overall firming and lifting. I work out hard and focused. In general I try for everyday but realistically (with a new boyfriend) there are weeks when I do five days. I do think in the beginning - first six months or so you are best to hit it hard everyday if possible. I am determined to hang tough until one year anniversary - Want to see the great results. Toby has had some great results.

So...get going if you haven't started - it is very empowering to control your wrinkles and do it the natural way. I haven't done Botox in over 6 months now. Or anything else either.

Sis
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I currently own the Facial Flex (works the lower face) which I love, and FlexEffect (probably the most comprehensive, but too time-consuming for me since I took the Job From Hell). I just ordered the Flex Effect and LouLou's book called "Ageless if You dare" which requires FAR less time than FlexEffect.

I'll weigh in on all of them after they are all in my possession. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:11 am      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:
Shoot, Keliu, I would cheerfully have traded your FacialFlex for my FlexAway. I got a 2-for-1 special, not realizing you have to hold the FlexAway in your teeth, so one’s absolutely brand new in the box. It’s definitely not for those with periodontal disease – the dang thing hurt my poor gums. Which is too bad, because I could feel the effort in my face on my aborted attempt. I’d say it’s not for those with loose teeth or dentures, either.
But if anyone wants it, it’s yours for the shipping cost. I’ll even pay that for a trade that sounds good. Which, considering all the useless crap I’ve bought, is just about anything.

I'm afraid I've already paid for the FlexAway, darn it! I've read that a few people have had difficulty using it - it looks hideous. I'll let you know how I go when I receive it because I do happen to have a tiny little mouth. The FacialFlex also hurt the corners of my mouth at first, but then I got used to it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I currently own the Facial Flex (works the lower face) which I love, and FlexEffect (probably the most comprehensive, but too time-consuming for me since I took the Job From Hell). I just ordered the Flex Effect and LouLou's book called "Ageless if You dare" which requires FAR less time than FlexEffect.

Bethany, do you mean that you've just ordered the FlexAway? All these names are so similar, it's very confusing. Did you PM LouLou re her book?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Loulou's book is available as a hard copy and as a download from this link http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137
I downloaded it since it could be done right away without any waiting time for shipping.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I started FE in June 08. In the beginning I was doing the CD only - 14 exercises as the 40 sounded daunting. Eventually I started to add others and by end July was doing everything on the dvd. I have not added the extra neck exercises but work our faithfully in a gym so hope I'm getting something there.

I believe FE has been the best beauty investment I've made. I see some overall firming and lifting. I work out hard and focused. In general I try for everyday but realistically (with a new boyfriend) there are weeks when I do five days. I do think in the beginning - first six months or so you are best to hit it hard everyday if possible. I am determined to hang tough until one year anniversary - Want to see the great results. Toby has had some great results.

So...get going if you haven't started - it is very empowering to control your wrinkles and do it the natural way. I haven't done Botox in over 6 months now. Or anything else either.

Sis

Exactly
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I fawnie!
And mpstat is a stunning woman, I want lessons from you, mp Laughing

fawnie wrote:
Loulou!!! Your pictures were one of the reasons I got into FlexEffect!!! I'm striving for the smoothly defined jaw and plump cheeks that you've achieved!! WoW!!! What great results. That's what keeps me doing my routine every blessed day!!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Wow Loulou, you got that way from the Flex
Effect? You look amazing. What other products do you use? I want your whole beauty routing! You look wonderful[/quote]

Thanks so much Volmel. I gained a lot from Flexeffect, but now I do my own programme Very Happy

Beauty products, I use Retin-a and Obagi Blender about twice a week, otherwise I use fake tan, Simple, or Ambre Solaire spray tan, sunblock every day whether it's sunny or not! Like everyone else I have a hundred jars of stuff I bought and gave up using after a week, but the kind ladies here put me on to Hauschka's Firming Mask and Estee Lauder's eye masks for special occasions. I've always washed my make-up off with Johnson's Baby bath, rarely use toner, but Witch Hazel and Rosewater 50/50 is lovely when I do. The experts say it's very drying in these proportions, but my mum has very dry, fair sensitive skin and she gave me the recipe!

I brush my face as well as my body, but there are things wrong with my face that don't show up in photographs Sad . I always have blackheads in the creases around my nostrils and in the crease above the chin. My skin still gets very dry and flaky when I use the Obagi and Retin-a, and I've used it for about 3 years now, but I think it's worth it.

Nearly forgot... Citylips is a godsend for fuller lips. It works brilliantly for me, but it's so difficult to get in the UK Confused

I'm very flattered to be asked about my beauty routine, thank you Volmel. If you have any suggestions for how I can improve on it, please tell me Very Happy

((((hugs)

Loulou
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany, do you mean that you've just ordered the FlexAway? All these names are so similar, it's very confusing. Did you PM LouLou re her book?

I did just order the Flex Away, before I learned about LouLou's book, darn it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
mpstat wrote:
Thanks Sean! Smile Here are pictures of Loulou from FlexEffect board demonstrating her success (scroll down) :
http://www.flexeffect.com/LoulouBA.htm
Nice cheeks!! These before and after cheeks pictures are for sure very inspirational for lots of people!

I am completely speechless - and amazed. Damn, damn, damn it I'm going to have to do these damn exercises!!

I am not able to see that the woman in the after-picture is identical to the woman in the before-pictures, but perhaps it's just me... Eh?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Loulou's book is available as a hard copy and as a download from this link http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137
I downloaded it since it could be done right away without any waiting time for shipping.

mpstat, how much time is required with loulou's exercises?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl - I printed out the book, and glanced through it without doing exercises yet. There are ten basic exercises with a recommendation to do five a day, e.g exercises 1-5 on even days, and exercises 6-10 on odd days. Also there are extra exercises to do on less request basis. Most of the exercises have 20 times repetition, no exact count is seconds. Based on FlexEffect recommendation there should be at least six second contraction per repetition. Assuming this and one-two seconds break between repetitions it approximates:

Basic set of 5 exercises

20 repetitions * (6 sec.contraction + 1.5 sec.break) = 150 seconds per exercise
150 sec.exercise * 5 exercises = 750 seconds = 12.5 min. per basic daily set of exercises

Extra exercises
There are six extra exercises to do once every four weeks. All of those have 10 repetitions.
10 repetitions * (6 sec.contraction + 1.5 sec.break) = 75 sec. = 1 min 15 sec. per exercise
75 sec. * 6 exercises = 450 sec = 7.5 min per extras monthly set of exercises

Hope it helps! All these are just approximations, and Loulou would be better positioned to answer questions related to the detail.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
I fawnie!
And mpstat is a stunning woman, I want lessons from you, mp Laughing

fawnie wrote:
Loulou!!! Your pictures were one of the reasons I got into FlexEffect!!! I'm striving for the smoothly defined jaw and plump cheeks that you've achieved!! WoW!!! What great results. That's what keeps me doing my routine every blessed day!!

Thank you Loulou Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
rileygirl - I printed out the book, and glanced through it without doing exercises yet. There are ten basic exercises with a recommendation to do five a day, e.g exercises 1-5 on even days, and exercises 6-10 on odd days. Also there are extra exercises to do on less request basis. Most of the exercises have 20 times repetition, no exact count is seconds. Based on FlexEffect recommendation there should be at least six second contraction per repetition. Assuming this and one-two seconds break between repetitions it approximates:

Basic set of 5 exercises

20 repetitions * (6 sec.contraction + 1.5 sec.break) = 150 seconds per exercise
150 sec.exercise * 5 exercises = 750 seconds = 12.5 min. per basic daily set of exercises

Extra exercises
There are six extra exercises to do once every four weeks. All of those have 10 repetitions.
10 repetitions * (6 sec.contraction + 1.5 sec.break) = 75 sec. = 1 min 15 sec. per exercise
75 sec. * 6 exercises = 450 sec = 7.5 min per extras monthly set of exercises

Hope it helps! All these are just approximations, and Loulou would be better positioned to answer questions related to the detail.

Hi mpstat and rileygirl Smile Smile

I should make this clearer in the book, so thanks for the input!

You do 5 exercises 1 day, 5 the next, but you don't hold for the repetitions for six seconds, just long enough to say a couple of words, ie 2 or 3 seconds at most, and on one exercise you're asked to do the 20 reps as quickly as you can... I can easily finish in 5 mins.

The once-per-month section is for muscles that don't benefit from being built or strengthened (in my opinion), but occasional exercise will prevent them from sagging. A lot of people won't need to do them at all, and if you do you replace your regular 5-exercise routine with it, so you don't need extra time.

Finally I should say that you don't need to exercise every day if you can't manage it... four times a week (ie do each set of five exercises twice) is plenty to see progress. I've always been very moderate in the amount of facial exercise I do, partly through favouring certain muscles, partly through being too disorganised/lazy to do it every day.

Hope that's helps a bit,

Loulou Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much mpstat and otherloulou. That does not sound too time consuming at all!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
BTW, anyone here doing the facial exercises in this link below? It's free so I would like to know how reliable it is? Confused

I wanna work on my eyelids and nasal folds. So it makes sense that I work on my cheeks so that they look more lifted as well as my nasal folds? But I'm afraid the cheek exercises will increase the lines around my mouth in the long run cuz of the constant movements everyday, just like when u smile?

so anybody?? ... no replies? Sad
kjlamson

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have a facial exerciser that takes batteries...it works on everything from neck to forehead. i do not remember where i got it, if you google "facial exerciser" it should lead you to it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

OOOOHHH! Can't wait to hear about Lou Lou's book.
Thanks.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:

so anybody?? ... no replies? Sad

Stardustdy - they have kiss the ceiling neck exercise that quite a few of us do, myself including. It is #2 under neck exercises section
http://www.dermaxime.com/facia-exercises-neck-throat.htm#Exercise%202%20free%20facial%20exercises%20-%20neck%20throat
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Is LouLou's book more for maintenance? or to give the same effect as FE but in less time????
I'm doing the 30 minutes a day right now and sure would be great to get it done in 5 or 10.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |