Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Do you do Facial Exercises?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
Fox
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 225
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! And ones that don't involve me buying anything, please Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
I have a question. It's probably been asked before but I've looked and looked and can't see it.

What's the best exercise to do for the little cheek pooches you get by your mouth? Laughing


If you are referring to the lines like on the before of this pic? (marionette lines)

http://www.plasticsurgerypa.com/index.cfm?event=PatientEnlarged&PatientID=109&PatientSetID=

If so, I treated mine for years with Juvederm Ultra Plus, but got tired of having to get them refilled. Now I am doing the Ageless exercises, and am actually seeing an improvement. Woo hoo!

Fox wrote:
Oh! And ones that don't involve me buying anything, please Laughing


The Ageless download is $10, but that is a fraction of what I have spent over the years, and it is looking like it could be the best $10 I spent in 2008.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Fox
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 225
Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

The Ageless download is $10, but that is a fraction of what I have spent over the years, and it is looking like it could be the best $10 I spent in 2008.


Wow, that is high praise indeed.

The link you showed me doesn't work so I can't say whether that's what I mean or not. I think I might download the book though. LouLou must be so proud of it!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Fox, try this one...look at the 2nd woman (there are only 2 pics of her) and it will say "Marionette lines & drooping corners of mouth" above her head

http://www.plasticsurgerypa.com/index.cfm?event=ProductView&CategoryID=35&SubcategoryID=51&ProductID=135

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Fox
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 225
Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know why your links aren't working but that one was a baddy too Silenced

I'm guessing Lou Lou discusses it in her book though. I don't have a big problem but it is one of those areas I look at in the mirror and "hmmm" about.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
I don't know why your links aren't working but that one was a baddy too Silenced


Actually, I just checked and that whole website is down!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
samuelfrzk
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 65
Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I find it hard to insist. Crying or Very sad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just posted some pics of my Howdy Doody marionette and NL lines after 30 days of Ageless....I am looking forward to seeing what 3-6 months brings!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&start=175

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1056
Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
samuelfrzk wrote:
I find it hard to insist. Crying or Very sad


same feeling here! Sad
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 1486
Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just posted some pics of my Howdy Doody marionette and NL lines after 30 days of Ageless....I am looking forward to seeing what 3-6 months brings!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&start=175

Bethany and all who started facial exercises recently I hope that you will see great improvements as a result of exercising. Getting nice sculpted cheeks and erasing marionette lines is within the reach!

Getting facial exercises program was one of the best investments for me. I have been doing it for a while now, and completely dedicated to facial exercises. Resistance exercises are the most effective in my opinion. There might be some adjustments, modifications, learning curve, and it is all for the better! Very Happy
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 1061
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've always been opposed to facial exercises, believing them to pull at the skin and cause wrinkling. However, Bethany et al have convinced me to try the "new generation" of facial exercises, so I'm twitching away as I type this. Between these and the BQ and the Dermaroller Laughing I hope to get rid of some weird wrinkling following a lower bleph.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I hope to get rid of some weird wrinkling following a lower bleph.


Antonia, can you share any pics? (feel free to crop everything out but your eyes!)

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 1061
Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have a go at taking some, Bethany. I didn't have any wrinkles at all prior to the bleph...just a weird dark line running down my cheek and a teeny line running about 2mm parallel to my lower eyelid. No bags or dark circles or sagginess. I went back to the PS on Monday this week and he said there wasn't anything he could do (like more skin pinch) as my skin is very thin. I have tried to thicken it with Retin A but have vey bad reactions to it, whatever the strength. I don't feel I've "earned" these wrinkles as they are neither intrinsic nor dynamic and I've worn my sunscreen every day for 27 years. They are caused by too much skin over too little fat/muscle. Crying or Very sad I know I'm being stupidly vain with everything else going on in the world but it really bugs me.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 1061
Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Grr! I'm logged in and can't edit that typo as the "edit" tab has disappeared. I've logged out and back in but same thing.
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3382
Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Grr! I'm logged in and can't edit that typo a the "edit" tab has disappeared. I've logged out and back in but same thing.


I think the edit window is only 15 minutes...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I hope to get rid of some weird wrinkling following a lower bleph.


I have EXACTLY the same thing - I was also left with some wrinkling after my lower bleph - from the skin being pulled up I suppose. IMO the surgeon didn't do a very good job - but I still prefer it to the bags I had before!

Anyway, lately I've been concentrating on massaging the pleats and wrinkles with the Vaculifter and I'm seeing a real improvement to them. But keep up the exercises too because everything helps.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 1061
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't investigated the Vaculifter (yet Bad Grin). My PS is considered by his peers and anyone who has had him do anything as the best. (Maybe that's because he's an unassuming charmer.) However, when I first went back after the surgery he said that he hadn't taken up enough skin. So I can tell you, I am mightily pee'd about the wrinkles. I'm scared silly of lasers as there are so many posts on MMH about fat loss - the last thing I need. Confused I'm just reading that "over 55" thread that Frodo started and I'm getting very little work done as a result. Wink I sometimes wonder if the MMH threads are skewed towards the dissatisfied who want to rant, and the happy people keep quiet. I wish I knew as the doc at my local medispa is telling me she's having very good results with the profracional laser.

_________________
www.middle-ageless.com Born in 1952. Blonde, very good skin. No noticeable wrinkling. Use AgeOff serum morning and night and with my AALS. Three nights a week, use Bright-I. Desert Essence mineral sunscreen and facial exercise when I have time.
graceless_lady
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 222
Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
My teenage daughter complains about having a weak chin/jaw-line. I worry so much about her. It is so hard for young females to grow up in an era that judges beauty so severely and unrealistically and offers a "solution" to almost any "problem" via plastic surgery. She is so beautiful (really - she is forever stopping traffic) but she thinks if she doesn't look like Jessica Alba then she is not good enough. Sad Her father and I of course offer her all the love and support we can and are forever trying to boost her confidence, and perhaps she'll grow out of this negative view of herself when she gets older.

However, in the meantime, I have told her about facial exercises. I have recently bought LouLou's book and I'm very excited about it. I would like to be able to advise my daughter that she could naturally strengthen her chin somewhat if she was disciplined and did specific facial exercises to target the area.

Most of us are doing these exercises to turn back the clock. But do you think they could also help my daughter?

Grateful for any advice anyone might have to give (LouLou? Sean?) ... it really is such a heartbreak for me as her mother to see her so hard on herself. Sad

_________________
Easy Eye Solutions, Frownies, Tanaka Massage, Retin-A.
tish
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 28
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Graceless Lady,I think that the exercises can help. I do flex-effect, which is more of a time commitment than the Ageless exercises, but I have seen some significant changes in my facial muscles and tone. I would think that your daughter could send a photo to Loulou or Deb from Flex Effect and get their input. It is certainly worth a try!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1086
Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Graceless Lady
Many teenagers experience what your daughter is going through. What does she mean by having a “weak chin/jawline”? I take it that she is young so there is no sagging, but just want to clarify the term you are using…. As part of the problem nowadays is that we all hear a label and use it perhaps where it doesn’t really belong.

It always amazes me when clients show up, and they are already stunning but have so much concerns over their looks, its almost like their minds exagerate what they consider to be negatives (which often I think are beautiful and distinguishing features). I think the media is partly to blame for it….. for sure. But also I think we sometimes over indulge in things that support the images we are given as well.

The thing I would do is to get her to switch her focus. If she doesn’t like her chin/jawline, ask her which feature of her face she thinks is most beautiful. This straight away changes the thought she is thinking. If she is really unable to answer, point out some of her most beautiful features. It’s a way of retraining the mind to focus on something else. The next thing I would do is to try and see where that feature she is unhappy with is considered attractive. For example, one lady I trained one time had the most gorgeous, long, graceful neck, she almost looked like she could be a professional ballerina, but she felt that she looked like a giraffe. When I pointed out to her that in places like Africa, they consider a long neck a sign of nobility and royalty, she was astounded. I then showed her the extremes of tribes who place rings around their necks to elongate them (and do so from a very early age) and you can imagine that she suddenly realised, her neck in proportion to them was not as big as she thought. It sounds simplistic for sure…. But I figure its worth suggesting to you. This way you can help her mind to realise that her face is unique and beautiful (as is everyones).

Plus if she wanted to add facial exercises to the routine, that is a wonderful thing to do and will really hold her in good stead for the future, plus working on her actual facial muscles will give her a different appreciation for her face than she currently has (its amazing how when you start working out your face, you realise your strengths and weaknesses and in doing so you gaain a truce appreciation of its beauty). Now FlexEffect is the most aggressive out there, and in the beginning it is time consumng, but I have read Loulou’s book and its not overbearing or immensely time consuming and I think Loulou is an excellent writer and it reads beautifully and the illustrations are fantastic, and so I think it might be a great idea to suggest it to her.

I wouldn’t actually email Deb, as I know she is busy with her new book, but she could always post on the forum with her photos (which might also be wonderful for her to do as there are trainers, plus other flexers there are great and can give her really nice feedback about her face).

Sean
graceless_lady
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 222
Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Sean, thank you for such a considered and helpful response - I'm very grateful.

My daughter's self-esteem issues are complex. Some might think she is a good candidate for therapy though I fear that might even make it worse. Our parental policy has been to support, encourage and help her build her confidence - and, indeed, as you suggested, to help her learn to focus on the positives instead of dwelling on what she perceives to be the negatives. As I said, she is a stunning young lady. She is bright and from a loving home. She should be enjoying her youth and her life without a care in the world!

When I say her chin/jawline is "weak", I mean it is not strong or clearly defined. It has nothing to do with her weight as she is slim. Sort of like Kate Hudson's chin ... it can kind of disappear into her neck.

Your suggestion for her to post a photo on the FE board is a good one. I can't imagine that she'd have the courage to post a picture of her entire face, but I'm sure she'd consider cropping it at the chin/jaw area. After your advice and reading up more on it myself, I feel cautiously confident that facial exercises would be good for her. While I would never promise her that it could redefine the area, I think she could strengthen it and become more aware of holding her head high - which would be great for her, both literally and metaphorically. Smile

Thank you again for taking the time to offer such a helpful reply. I'll point her in the direction of the FE board.

_________________
Easy Eye Solutions, Frownies, Tanaka Massage, Retin-A.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Graceless lady,
In reading your post I am aware that your daughter is similar in her self esteem issues as many very pretty girls in our society today. I have two beautiful daughter-in-laws, one is really model material. Both struggle with self image issues. Also I teach high school and continue to be blown away at the negative feelings my female students have about themselves. It seems puzzling until we look at all the advertising and focus on plastic surgery that is out there. It seems actors aren't allowed to show any signs of ageing and are never seen without their face filled with either botox or fillers.I think
Sean's idea of posting on the flexing board is great but taking it further to email a picture to one of the trainers may be less painful. I am not eager to post my face on the internet knowing it could be taken and placed any where.
Also finding areas of interest outside of body image can be very healthy. Lots of luck, I raised boys and I am just now learning about all the insecurities that daughter need help with through listening to my daughter-in-laws.
Toby
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 1061
Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think too that younger actors, whose faces aren't filled with botox, are all gorgeous these days. When I was young (da-di-did-di-da), actors came in all shapes and sizes. Now, girls compare themselves to Blake Lively and her beautiful ilk, and feel inferior. I never see average looking girls or guys in these shows unless they are playing the part of a nerd. It's very sad. My daughter is 21 and has mild Tourette's (the non-verbal kind). It has always puzzled me how she has HUGE self-esteem since kids at school can be and were very cruel.

_________________
www.middle-ageless.com Born in 1952. Blonde, very good skin. No noticeable wrinkling. Use AgeOff serum morning and night and with my AALS. Three nights a week, use Bright-I. Desert Essence mineral sunscreen and facial exercise when I have time.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 491
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:02 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Hi Graceless Lady
Many teenagers experience what your daughter is going through. What does she mean by having a “weak chin/jawline”? I take it that she is young so there is no sagging, but just want to clarify the term you are using…. As part of the problem nowadays is that we all hear a label and use it perhaps where it doesn’t really belong.

It always amazes me when clients show up, and they are already stunning but have so much concerns over their looks, its almost like their minds exagerate what they consider to be negatives (which often I think are beautiful and distinguishing features). I think the media is partly to blame for it….. for sure. But also I think we sometimes over indulge in things that support the images we are given as well.

The thing I would do is to get her to switch her focus. If she doesn’t like her chin/jawline, ask her which feature of her face she thinks is most beautiful. This straight away changes the thought she is thinking. If she is really unable to answer, point out some of her most beautiful features. It’s a way of retraining the mind to focus on something else. The next thing I would do is to try and see where that feature she is unhappy with is considered attractive. For example, one lady I trained one time had the most gorgeous, long, graceful neck, she almost looked like she could be a professional ballerina, but she felt that she looked like a giraffe. When I pointed out to her that in places like Africa, they consider a long neck a sign of nobility and royalty, she was astounded. I then showed her the extremes of tribes who place rings around their necks to elongate them (and do so from a very early age) and you can imagine that she suddenly realised, her neck in proportion to them was not as big as she thought. It sounds simplistic for sure…. But I figure its worth suggesting to you. This way you can help her mind to realise that her face is unique and beautiful (as is everyones).

Plus if she wanted to add facial exercises to the routine, that is a wonderful thing to do and will really hold her in good stead for the future, plus working on her actual facial muscles will give her a different appreciation for her face than she currently has (its amazing how when you start working out your face, you realise your strengths and weaknesses and in doing so you gaain a truce appreciation of its beauty). Now FlexEffect is the most aggressive out there, and in the beginning it is time consumng, but I have read Loulou’s book and its not overbearing or immensely time consuming and I think Loulou is an excellent writer and it reads beautifully and the illustrations are fantastic, and so I think it might be a great idea to suggest it to her.

I wouldn’t actually email Deb, as I know she is busy with her new book, but she could always post on the forum with her photos (which might also be wonderful for her to do as there are trainers, plus other flexers there are great and can give her really nice feedback about her face).

Sean


Seany, I've just seen this post... thank you for your generous words about my book, and I couldn't agree more with your sensitive and thoughtful advice to Graceless Lady's daughter.
It's especially great, too, for young women to hear from men who appreciate their unique beauty. More men should speak up as you do Cool

(((((hugs )) LL

_________________
Founder of www.Agelessifyoudare.org · Thanks so much to everyone on this thread! (((((hugs))
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1086
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Not a problem Loulou. I have to say, I have both Loulou's book and video (had to after hearing all the good things being said about it) and I think Loulou's face is amazing indeed.

I know speed is a factor for many people... and Loulou's program does seem to work for many which is fantastic.

As for other men... hey vanity isn't reserved for women only you know. Us guys are catching on quick. I remember reading somewhere that men's skincare in the UK last year was over Ł2million (and this year they think thats trippled). Us guys are catching on fast.... :lol:
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Tanda ZAP - White Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz)