Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
may i ask with these facial excercises....say you have acheived your desired result and then you stop...what happens? does your skin wrinkle/sag worser than before?

have anyone tried or seen results in terms of fuller lips with these excercises? I saw one of carol maggios excercise for getting fuller lips...but im thinking its too good to be true Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Simran, muscle has memory, and many times people will go through a stage where life becomes busy and they don't have the time to keep them up, but when they return to them.. they can quickly get back to where they left off because their muscles have retained a memory of them.

If someone acheives their desired result, they usually find that they don't have to work out every day (because they spent considerable time doing so) but maybe work out 3 times a week. Usually by that point they also know which muscles are the slackers and which ones are ready and awake and so know where they need to focus.

I think the key with facial exercises is to really make them become a habbit, so you can do them without really having to motivate yourself, so maybe doing them at the same time every day, and in the same place, will get the brain to start realising the connection ok its facial workout time, or we are in the facial workout place etc.

I am sure others will be along to give you their views.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Toby wrote:
Gosh Beth, this is so interesting. Did you read his theory on hair loss??? I will be spending some time reading here. The thing that is so good from older people is usually they have been through the fads through the years and put a lot of wisdom and experience into what they are doing. Can't wait to read through all of this.

I did...I printed out the section on the scalp exercise and am going to read that tonight. He also has a website on hairloss: http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/

I can't believe it...I actually gave myself a headache by doing that scalp exercise. Rolling Eyes

But once I figured out how to do it, I just kept doing it like I was on auto pilot....and before I knew it, I had a massive headache! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking which exercises might have contributed to the development of muscles in the back of my head. And I think that it was primarily upper cheeks and forehead exercises. I seems to contract those back scalp muscles when contracting upper cheeks/forehead muscles. They are being contracted simultaneously!
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
when doing the eye excercises i see several lines appear just above the eyebrow area. (this is due to stretching eyebrows upwards during the excercise).......The lines then go away about a few minutes or within a minute if i massage the area in upward direction...I am afraid if i continue with these excercises I will get lines sooon permantly in that area...Not to mention when you close the eyes hard during the exercises.......wudnt it cause wrinkles in the eye area itself?..What do i do? Should I be worried?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
can someone please clarify wudnt these facial excercises end up causing more wrinkles to the face area that we are excercising......cause lines/wrinkles occur more on the area that works for example smile lines from smiling often......so these excercises....you can see the skin creasing for example when doing the eye exercise above the eyebrow....wudnt lines occur there? m confused!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
can someone please clarify wudnt these facial excercises end up causing more wrinkles to the face area that we are excercising......cause lines/wrinkles occur more on the area that works for example smile lines from smiling often......so these excercises....you can see the skin creasing for example when doing the eye exercise above the eyebrow....wudnt lines occur there? m confused!

Simran, that topic is definitely covered in the Ageless and the Flex Effect books. You do not run the risk of creating more wrinkles through facial exercise, though that is a common misconception.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
thanks bethany.

i see there are a number of different facial excercises promoted by different people and hence a number of different books.

I can look into the books...but which one would be the best to start of with?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
thanks bethany.

i see there are a number of different facial excercises promoted by different people and hence a number of different books.

I can look into the books...but which one would be the best to start of with?

Here is what I recommended to someone else, and I still stand by this recommendation. Start with the small investment in both time and money...I have seen some really impressive changes thus far. Plus, you can start asap with the download! Very Happy

bethany wrote:
Take Care wrote:
Hi Bethany,

So if you had to choose one facial excercise dvd
Which would it be?

drum roll please......

I would recommend starting with the $10 download of "Ageless If You Dare" which takes about 5 mins a day, 4 days a week. [there are now videos] LouLou used to be a FlexEffect trainer (see below) and wrote her own book. I suggest starting with this, because if you are not going to stick with it, then it is better to go with the cheaper program. I also think a shorter program is easier to make a commitment to, and actually follow through with.

Her website:
http://www.louiseannette.co.uk/

Her before and after pics when she did FlexEffect (this shows the power of facial exercise)
http://www.flexeffect.com/LoulouBA.htm

Where to order the Ageless download:
http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

If you like that and stick with it, you might want something more intense down the road...then order FlexEffect which takes more like 35 mins a day, 7 days a week. It is $70 + $5 shipping in the US.

http://flexeffect.com/

I ordered FlexEffect, and found that I was not able to make the time commitment. Then I got Ageless, and have no problem doing that program at all. Down the road I may add in some FlexEffect exercises (since I have both programs), but Ageless is about all I can handle until after the holidays due to The Job From Hell.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
thanks bethany for the links Very Happy

but i have to say OMG loulou's before and after pics is that even the same women? its amazing Exclamation and looks so natural Exclamation she looks in her 20's in the after could even pass for 19!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
thanks bethany for the links Very Happy

but i have to say OMG loulou's before and after pics is that even the same women? its amazing Exclamation and looks so natural Exclamation she looks in her 20's in the after could even pass for 19!

Wait until you see her in the videos...she looks even BETTER now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
i just saw here 2 videos on her site......and yea she does look great Exclamation .....i mean yea pictures can be faked but wow her skin looks soo plump in the video and a great difference to the before pics she had!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Gotta luv those LouLou cheeks....She's my idol!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
KassyA....I wanted to update on that eye problem..i am pretty sure my eye looks slightly bit more open now...and it looks less noticeable that the eyes were not even!.i stopped using all eyeliners, mascara. Eyecream i stopped for 3 days but then i saw my dark circles looking abit bad on tht eye so i started the eye cream in both eyes. So now they look evenly bad in both eyes Embarassed

I have been doing the eye excercises everyday. I am pretty sure they contributed to making it more open.......I am gonna keep doing that. Its hard to do just one eye cause the other eye automatically rises up too Laughing oh well it cant do any harm. I also do feel my eyes are somewhat more awake.....
one more thing i feel my dark circles seem to be more highlighted in both eyes Confused is that one temporary side effect of the excercises...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

We all want Lou Lou cheeks!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
One of the things to avoid for forehead wrinkles to appear is to avoid frowming or always being angry. Be happy. Also don't smoke as it will cost more wrinkles... while exercise keeps the body in shape, facial exercise will also keep our face toned or "fit".
I myself massage my face on a weekly basis while watching TV. My skin is glowing after that! It helps bring the collagen into the surface of the skin... Try this! Smile Smile Smile

catski wrote:
lorimcp wrote:
I am going to start kissing the ceiling everyday. I tried it at a stop light friday Smile

I have the eyebrow raising issue also, those are my only wrinkles basically, I can't get rid of them with botox, my est. says that using it in that area can cause the eyes to droop and I don't need that. I am going to get a 2nd opinion though. Really considering the browtox, especially if the novemember sale is still going on.

I have the Maggio book, had trouble finding the website, but will keep trying and get the dvd I think.

Hi lorimcp - just wanted to say, basically my only wrinkles are on forehead too. I had botox twice and it worked bautifully as a brow lift, which is what I asked for... the lines just disapeared. I had botox injected at regular points across my eyebrow line, not just the 11 area. It was great. But, ultimately I dont want to have botox 2 - 3 times a year for the rest of my days... so I let myself forget about it, and invested in some frownies! I sometimes go to bed wearing two on my forehead, and it irons them out for me... temporarily of course..
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
I myself massage my face on a weekly basis while watching TV. My skin is glowing after that! It helps bring the collagen into the surface of the skin... Try this! Smile Smile Smile

Can you explain exactly how/what you do? Thanks!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
beautylove
5% products discount

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
DIY Very Happy I use rose and frankincense essential oil. They will brighten skin and reduce wrinkle.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

We all want Lou Lou cheeks!

Sis, you are such a sweetie. (((((((big hug)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Oh gosh, Kassy, I just scrolled up and saw this Laughing

Well you're my idol too! Very Happy

Simran, thank you for your nice comments. I love this board

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I really have to order LouLous program;its cheap and quick. I ordered flexeffect and carol maggio but I never did it because it took too much time.I do use the facial flex though for 2 minutes a day. I think LouLou's program makes more sense for women who are very busy with kids and working.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I have toyed with facial exercising & have decided to begin the new year by trying again. I don't think that I want to do all of the pulling and stretching of my face though. I currently find that part of it really scary. (remember when your mum would tell you to quit making a face or else it would stick like that Shock ).

I have the Flex Effect Book, Cd, Dvd in front of me and I also have Carole Maggio DVD & a bunch of others buried in my closet. I'm going to figure out the least aggressive & start with them. Cool
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:12 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I have toyed with facial exercising & have decided to begin the new year by trying again. I don't think that I want to do all of the pulling and stretching of my face though. I currently find that part of it really scary. (remember when your mum would tell you to quit making a face or else it would stick like that Shock ).

I have the Flex Effect Book, Cd, Dvd in front of me and I also have Carole Maggio DVD & a bunch of others buried in my closet. I'm going to figure out the least aggressive & start with them. Cool

Try to be brave, RuthMarion, you have some good programmes and you'll get far more from them if you take the plunge and pull your skin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am REALLY loving adding the Eva Frazer eye exercises (that Bethany posted from Eva's website...evafrazer.com) to the one's that I am already doing from Ageless if You Dare..only I am doing them twenty times each (like the one's from Ageless If You Dare)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Also, RuthMarion, it was really scary for me too at first, to pull on my skin/fresh..but LouLou's understanding of the process of keeping our skin youthful is so impressive, that I did plunge in..and my skin is loving/craving it...it feels like i have been so unkind, previously, without intend, to my face which is also an alive, activity-seeking part of my body...which thrives on/needs touch and challenge.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |