Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Ruth Marion..now that you are starting to do Carole's neck exercises again, can you do all 35 or so of the ones where you raise your neck and shoulders a bit and turn your head from side ot side(without touching the floor!)..

cause i can't..and i am building up toward that goal very slowly..and i'm trying to figure out if my neck muscles are unusually weak..

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
sounds like CM neck exs are simplified, half way through sit ups Smile no? I do sit ups and they work great for my neck muscles as well.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Sister Sweets,

Carole says to slowly build up to doing the full amount of the neck exercises..this is an exercise that may be a good idea to have a video or book presentation of(do you have her book?) ..as there is a specific way she holds her neck during the lift-release exercises..and her chin is always pointed 'up' rather than 'down' toward her chest (which would make the exercise easier) during both parts of the neck exercises...

but i know you are already proficient at facial exercises..so would likely be able to 'figure it out' in a way that works for you...

i just want to make sure that someone who is just beginning doesn't potentially injure themselves from doing this exercise without a 'model' of it.

it will be fun to be 'doing' this exercise with someone!

Jasminerosey - I'm going to start the neck exercises today - keeping the chin pointed upward - Thanks Very Happy
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Baldabek,

Carole has 2 parts to her neck exercises..and the 2nd part is what is strenuous for me..you raise your head ans shoulders just a bit off the floor(chin up..away from your chest)..and then turn your head ..all the way..from one side to the other....continually (i forget right now whether it's 25 or 35 times)..without putting your neck and shoulders back on the floor .

For me, i find this a lot more strenuous..on my neck.. than situps.(i do the pilates version) although these..and other pilates exercises also do strengthen my neck

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sis,
Are you preventing neck beauty issues..or regenerating already existing ones..for me..my neck is my major beauty concern...it will be interesting for me to see how Carole's neck exercises effect this.

Keep me posted as to how they are effecting you

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Truffles..i'd love to see your photos showing your rejuvenation with Carole's exercise program..and cropping is a good way to keep your anonymity on the web..if that is a concern for you

baldabek2000
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
thank you jasmine, I know what you mean, I tried rocking chair exs, they are way easier for the neck than those you're doing on the floor or even scooping thing, a part of exs requires you to turn neck sideways as well, and it feels like I am going to pull my muscles... Will try turning my head on the floor Smile
I decided to do Carol's lip excercise while watching funniest home videos with my 8 yo son, he is used to me doing whole kind of weird stuff and I didn't pay any attention, I though he was busy watching tv Bad Grin But he was watching patiently what the heck I was doing. When he finally saw where it's going and my finger flying in the air, he told Oh Maaaama! How does it help??? Do you think it's going to help you much??? Laughing
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:17 am      Reply with quote
People keep saying she admitted to having a facelift, and I can't find anywhere where she does admit it. I know she had a nose job (which she writes about in the book), but is there any link you can post to her admitting about the facelift thing?
lucyluc wrote:
she has had a facelift,she admitted it and its obvious,even with exercise your jawline wont be that tight at 62...no way.
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
seanysean, I wanted to ask the same question but decided to let it go Smile glad you asked. I am wondering about that one too, I searched all over internet, and found nothing, I have seen the same post 2-3 times here on EDS forum and nowhere else! I do believe exs can tighten your jawline pretty good, I just don't get it how one can have such a tight face...
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Well although I don't necessarily want to look like Carole (and can understand why other women don't), I really don't think its very fair to label her as having admitted to having had work done - if she hasn't actually done so.

Also in my mind usually with making such a public statement as saying someone has had a facelift, there is usually a traceable element to it, but my internet searches are not revealing them to me.

Its of course possible that she has, and I am by no means saying people are incorrect in this assumption, but just would like to see for myself which source this is coming from where Carol admits to having had such a procedure done.

I'm not against such procedures, as there are I'm sure circumstances where this is a viable route, but I do think that it sounds like an attempt to simply discredit Carol. Many people do benefit from her routine, and say its quick and delivers results. Carol is also doing a good job of promoting facial exercise programs, by getting media interest and appearing on tv - which is good because the benefits of facial exercise programs are getting out there AT LAST.

There are so many facial exercise programs, and they all will have an effect for people, but people seem intent on discrediting others - which I think is really such a waste of energy. Why not use that same energy to promote facial exercises and whats working for people to the masses rather than picking fights over different programs.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Baldabek,

Carole has 2 parts to her neck exercises..and the 2nd part is what is strenuous for me..you raise your head ans shoulders just a bit off the floor(chin up..away from your chest)..and then turn your head ..all the way..from one side to the other....continually (i forget right now whether it's 25 or 35 times)..without putting your neck and shoulders back on the floor .

For me, i find this a lot more strenuous..on my neck.. than situps.(i do the pilates version) although these..and other pilates exercises also do strengthen my neck

This Carole's floor exercise for the neck is one that I have been doing as a part of my facial exercises routine along with kiss the ceiling exercise. It has resistance part to it with the weight of the head itself which appeals to me. It is a good exercise.

Overall I find Carole Maggio scary looking, while Deb (FlexEffect) and LouLou (Ageless) are gorgeous and natural looking. Carole indeed did a lot for promoting facial exercises, and the fact that her books are being sold on Amazon helps by giving more credibility and reaching to broader audiences. I found Facercise first and after that FE.

Resistance exercises are hands down more effective then isometric exercises, but it is always good to look into what different systems have to offer to be able to make an informed decision tailored to one's needs. Although in general I find Fecercise inferior to resistance systems, I do one of my neck exercises and some other one from Facercise. (for the most though I am building and toning facial muscles with real resistance)
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Sean, I feel similarly..

and i have posted asking when she had the face lift...at what age..at what point in her facial exercise career..( was it before she began teaching facial; exercises...after she was already teaching facial exercises)...but no one has posted back regarding this.....

so ..as a result..there are no specifics posted..but just a vague sense that she has had one..

imo ..it's best not to give it thought or energy.. or validation..without something more specific to substantiate the truth of it.

SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you Mpstat re resistance based exercises being the best, but interestingly enough isometric is actually an incorrect term that is often applied to facial exercise programs.

Even resistance though is a label that many programs use, and to all factual bases, they do use resistance just differently than other programs and I think different people will find different results from their usage of resistance. Eva Fraser's for example uses resistance (hand in gloves) on some exercises, as does Cynthia Rowland (also hand in gloves), and many many others, and there is resistance there, although not on the same scale as in Loulou's or FlexEffects but nonetheless they are worthy of that description.

If a program is isometric, it basically means the muscle doesn't change its length at all thoughout the movement, it comes for the latin term "isometric" which is broken down into two words: "iso" meaning same and "metric" meaning length, so the muscle is the same length throughout the movement and so doesn't elongate or concentrically shorten. I remember Deb writing about this ages ago on the forum (which you may remember).

Carol's does contain energy visualisations which some people do find productive, and I think that energy visualisations can be applied to each and every exercise programme out there, but for me, I tried facercise and at that moment in time it really didn't deliver for me, but I have a friend who did it at the same time and has been doing it ever since.... and she loves it and her face does look amazing.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
LOL its good to know I am not the only one! I seriously don't mind if she has, but I kind of get the feeling its being said that she has had a facelift without any necessary proof and out of a want to cause hurt rather than to accomplish or empower people in facial exercises. And before I am accused of having one myself, I haven't for the record.

jasminerosey wrote:
Sean, I feel similarly..

and i have posted asking when she had the face lift...at what age..at what point in her facial exercise career..( was it before she began teaching facial; exercises...after she was already teaching facial exercises)...but no one has posted back regarding this.....

so ..as a result..there are no specifics posted..but just a vague sense that she has had one..

imo ..it's best not to give it thought or energy.. or validation..without something more specific to substantiate the truth of it.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
… Carol's does contain energy visualisations which some people do find productive, and I think that energy visualisations can be applied to each and every exercise programme out there, but for me, I tried facercise and at that moment in time it really didn't deliver for me, but I have a friend who did it at the same time and has been doing it ever since.... and she loves it and her face does look amazing.

It is a good point. When I want to tone my stomach it is not enough for me to visualize my stomach flat and expect a sixpack. Facial muscles are still muscles and for significant results they need action which in turn might be supplemented by extras such as energy visualizations.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jasminerosey - I did my first round of neck exercises last night. For me it is preventive. And I'm glad to hear it can work that way.
I could also feel it in abdomen and stomach area. I am somewhat of a gym rat so I like that burn! I can definitely see how this will make your neck strong. I just hope it doesn't build it up - I don't want to look like a sumo wrestler Laughing

I'll keep you posted as to results.
Thanks for sharing.
Sis

jasminerosey wrote:
Sis,
Are you preventing neck beauty issues..or regenerating already existing ones..for me..my neck is my major beauty concern...it will be interesting for me to see how Carole's neck exercises effect this.

Keep me posted as to how they are effecting you
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Jasminerosey - I did my first round of neck exercises last night. For me it is preventive. And I'm glad to hear it can work that way.
I could also feel it in abdomen and stomach area. I am somewhat of a gym rat so I like that burn! I can definitely see how this will make your neck strong. I just hope it doesn't build it up - I don't want to look like a sumo wrestler Laughing ...

sister sweets - I have been doing that floor exercise for a while and my neck is not bulky by any means. My goal is preventive.
Truffles
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
SeanySean & Jasmine...

Thanks, your posts are in sync with how I was feeling. I was feeling the same way about that statement that she, "had a facelift", and also searched the internet finding nothing. It's possible she did maybe inject her lips as they look and move very different now at 62 than in the dvd where she is 52. She had a beautiful mouth on the dvd. However, injections are not a face lift. I went to bed pondering why a facelift if exercises keep you toned? I then wondered, do facial exercises only last so many years like face lift surgeries?

I am using her program with good results so it bothered me to hear, "she had a face lift", true or not, it still bothered me, and I'm a strong minded person, so could only imagine how someone new to this might be influenced reading that.

I would like the truth either way as well, regardless, I do like her fun energy and the program, it's quick and fits my schedule for now and most important, it's working! I intend to add to it with others later just because I love learning new things.

I also thought, wouldn't that be false advertising leading to possible lawsuits? She is so in the public eye, I'm sure someone would try to find out if she is false and certainly try to cash in on it. Really, how could that be kept a secret?

I am so pleased that all these people like Carol, Deb and LouLou among many, have worked hard to bring facial exercises to our awareness. They have done this for all of us, and I am so very grateful to all of them. Carol has a beautiful face on my dvd, what she has chosen to do since age 52 is her choice, not my choice to over tighten myself like that, but that doesn't matter, as she has given me the means to get to where I feel good about myself. I'm sure they all have had to deal with negativity and fear from others so I am just grateful that they persevered through all that to bring us this alternate path for rejuvenating our faces.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone checked in with regards to Eva Fraser? Her method seems more gentle for this scaredy cat!
Anyway, I have a silly Embarassed question. If I download Ageless if you Dare, does it stay in my computer or do I need to print it? Computers & I have a love/hate relationship. If I need to print out something it could take forever whereas if I could view it on line then I could sit at my desk & exercise whilst at my computer. FlexEffect on dvd isn't as great as I thought it would be. This really works, right?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I was trying to find the source where I had read that but was unable to locate it,I thought it was realself.com but I could not find it there.But I had read it that she had admitted it.However; even if she did have a FL I dont think it means her exercises dont work. In fact she is just using one more tool in her antiaging box to keep looking good. I also think if you look closely at her, no 62 yr old looks that good, they will have some slack despite exercises. I dont see a conflict doing both, you want to try to do all you can do to keep looking good but I could understand why someone might not want to admit it if they were selling a program.I had surgery but I do facial exercises because I want to keep from having another surgery.I do think that Debbie looks more natural and does not look like she had surgery.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkN205rBzwA&feature=related

At the end of this video (from the end of August last year), Carole Maggio says the nose job is the only work she has had done. So she is clearly not admitting to a face lift.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sure Eva's a pro too and I think her facial muscles also look great considering her age, and in real life I think she looks even better. With FlexEffect it is a great workout (even the 14 exercises on the dvd - and they are mixed level). There is a new one in the making and am sure when thats available there will be a thread on EDS at some point mentioning it.
RuthMarion wrote:
Has anyone checked in with regards to Eva Fraser? Her method seems more gentle for this scaredy cat!
Anyway, I have a silly Embarassed question. If I download Ageless if you Dare, does it stay in my computer or do I need to print it? Computers & I have a love/hate relationship. If I need to print out something it could take forever whereas if I could view it on line then I could sit at my desk & exercise whilst at my computer. FlexEffect on dvd isn't as great as I thought it would be. This really works, right?
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm in the minority here but I don't think that Carole's face looks all that unnatural. Granted, I'm only 44 but I have a very similar coloring and skin texture as she does. She appears to have a thin delicate skin as do I and frankly this is exactly how such a skin drapes around the cheekbones. And her cheekbones are very prominent as well. LL and Deb appear to have thicker skin which allows for a different drape altogether. I'm going to order the Facercise and cherry pick some exercises from it to complement my Ageless routine. In my opinion the heavy makeup is what makes Carol appear unnatural. If she is thin skinned as I suspect, she might be covering dark circles. If you look carefully at her face you can see the shadow play in her eye area.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
Anyway, I have a silly Embarassed question. If I download Ageless if you Dare, does it stay in my computer or do I need to print it? Computers & I have a love/hate relationship. If I need to print out something it could take forever whereas if I could view it on line then I could sit at my desk & exercise whilst at my computer.

You save it to your computer when you pay for the download.

I just reprinted the pages of the exercises - 2 book pages per 1 sheet of paper. If definitely did not take forever by any means...especially since I only printed the pages that I needed.

I have them at several places in my house...my makeup mirror, my desk and by my bed, lol...I am prepared no matter when the urge to do them hits Very Happy though I have them pretty much memorized at this point.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority here but I don't think that Carole's face looks all that unnatural. Granted, I'm only 44 but I have a very similar coloring and skin texture as she does. She appears to have a thin delicate skin as do I and frankly this is exactly how such a skin drapes around the cheekbones. And her cheekbones are very prominent as well. LL and Deb appear to have thicker skin which allows for a different drape altogether. I'm going to order the Facercise and cherry pick some exercises from it to complement my Ageless routine. In my opinion the heavy makeup is what makes Carol appear unnatural. If she is thin skinned as I suspect, she might be covering dark circles. If you look carefully at her face you can see the shadow play in her eye area.

this got me thinking, maybe carol simply did not make the leap to facial massage/tapping (which creates thicker skin)-- so maybe her look IS the result of her program! ....
i just had another thought - maybe she visualized this face into existence and this is her personal ideal....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |