Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I know what you mean re Deb and Caroles face being their calling card, and agree, but I think that the recent comments in this thread directed at Carole are not meant in a fair way and the actual suggestion that she has had a facelift without proof is somewhat intended to tarnish her program, which is what I kind of feel is unfair.

Keep in mind that just because one person makes a statement does not mean that everyone takes it at face value (pun intended!). I immediately went out and googled Carole, found nothing to substantiate the face lift, and erased it from my mind.

But I did wonder if she had any RF treatments, or if her program solely created those results. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
mpstat wrote:
I have seen Sean's pictures/videos as well, and agree that he looks VERY young.

Agree - do not understand why Sean's current photo would come under attack????

I know Confused .... He could be a poster child for FE Laughing
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Sister Sweets, but this is the former message that was posted about that very same photo on a different forum only beginning of last year - just to illustrate what people can view from the same photo, that you and the others have been very gracious about:

Sean, I am skeptical of FlexEffect, as when I look at that photo, your eyes look puffy, your skin tone isn't even, the jawline is somewhat saggy. Also why is your face turned, are you completely unsymetrical and showing only your good side - your not really a good advert for FlexEffect IMHO.

Now that was indeed from someone who was known for being unkind to people, and actually when I compare my recent photos with that one on the forum, I can see how the eye looks somewhat puffy in comparison, but the jawline and other comments were a little unfair in my mind.

Having said that, I am going to get some updated shots soon for a new project in the FE forum, so will tip you all off so you can go over there and view the changes between that one and the new photos.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Besides, this thread is kind of going off track, its supposed to be about whether or not we do Facial Excercises?

There are so many programs out there nowadays, and yes I think they all work to a certain degree, and many people will achieve gains from different programs, so I have a love for them all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
... But I did wonder if she had any RF treatments, or if her program solely created those results. Laughing
Carole ownes a spa and has access to good skin care. I am positive that as a spa owner she has various treatments done.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Thank you and thats very sweet of you both to say, but believe it or not, its at the completely other end of the spectrum of comments I have at times received.

I know what you mean re Deb and Caroles face being their calling card, and agree, but I think that the recent comments in this thread directed at Carole are not meant in a fair way and the actual suggestion that she has had a facelift without proof is somewhat intended to tarnish her program, which is what I kind of feel is unfair.

I have met Carole in real life, and although I don't choose to look like her, I can appreciate her program and if it works for people - then I just think there is enough people in the world for all the programs currently out there (and more)..... that there is no need to get to personal comments that are actually intended to be hurtful rather than actually discuss the technique itself.

And Deb I think looks better in real life than her photos show! Claudia too!

Sean,
we go back a ways, and i like you, but i gotta say, i think it's odd that you're so protective of Carol M...did you see that video clip of her - i was embarrased for her...do you seriously not think she's had work done?Bethany's post was RIGHT ON...her face is what she's selling and she's put it out there to be examined and evaluated...(and is happily taking the money- i even bought her program - i didn't really like her look, but i was desperate-before i found FE-)...to me she has the tell tail signs of a face lift - that said
YOU LOOK AWESOME!! and if you actually post your pictures, i would first ask deb for a small percentage of her impending increased sales!!! i don't recall exactly your age, but i remember thinking OMG i thought this guy was 20.
(((hugs)))
m
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Oh my....that really wasn't very nice. I can see why you are a bit sensitive about sharing pics.

But part of discussing facial exercises on a public forum is the sharing of results. While some of the regular forum members do share, I almost expect trainers to have pics available since they are wearing/selling their craft as well.

Though Claudia would be the exception to that, in my book. I think Deb started her on Flexing at birth, so it would be very difficult for her to show any changes. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Besides, this thread is kind of going off track, its supposed to be about whether or not we do Facial Excercises?

There are so many programs out there nowadays, and yes I think they all work to a certain degree, and many people will achieve gains from different programs, so I have a love for them all!

really, off track? - i think it's really important info for people considering facial excercise programs...

but i do have something important to say re: facial excercise

MY FACE LOOKS LIKE CRAP!!!! I stopped doing deb's program for about 2-3 weeks and i look like a really sad person--my lowerlids are sagging my upper lids are sagging, my lower marrionette lines are wanting to reappear (i look at myself and go ohhh, honey, what's wrong?)...I was so jazzed about Ageless that i thought i'd try and see what it did on it's own - granted it hasn't been long so it may just be a transtion i cannot handle...but i cannot stand what i'm seeing. I think the first bit when i started ageless it WAY complimented what i'd already done and that's i saw kapow results...i'm gonna flex today...and i'm not gonna say anything else about CM.
love to all
m
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hey M your right we do go back, but its not so much about me being protective of Carole, but really I don’t feel comfortable with the kind of bashing that’s going on by people on this thread with Carole.

Yep I agree with some of the comments her face does look unusual and I would suspect that there has been something that has taken place for some reason, but I would not straight away want to accuse Carole or anyone else of having a facelift. For all we know there could actually be some sort of health issue taking place that she has needed some form of treatment for in some shape or form and I am sure if that had taken place, when she is comfortable enough to tell people she would do so, and I actually think it would be pretty hard to hide the fact if she had something like this done.

I agree her photos in her books are heavily made up, but there is a difference between that and claiming that its fact she has had a facelift, especially when its touted as being a proven fact that she admitted it somewhere and there is no mention of it or its source.

Having said that, I would be exactly the same way about others, Loulou, Deb, Eva Frasier etc. I just think there is a difference between say questioning the way someones skin looks and suggesting it might be possibly due to ………… in comparison with “she admitted to having a facelift” that’s all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Sure yep definitely and this is where EDS can be a goldmine of info for sure and I am all in favour.

Besides its not that I don't have any pics available, I do, but I am not wanting to share them in such a public arena out of personal choice, having had my own photos copied before, and commented on without my permission, its a personal choice I make.

I am not necessarily out to prove that facial exercises work to anyone based solely on photos, and in fact I think photos kind of miss out, as when I do my sessions, people gain more from seeing my muscles move and feeling them work, and their bulk in a face to face session, which sadly the internet cannot yet deliver (but hey lets hope the experts come up with a way of doing that).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
sean
re: your CM reply - fair enough!!

xo
m
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:
... But I did wonder if she had any RF treatments, or if her program solely created those results. Laughing
Carole ownes a spa and has access to good skin care. I am positive that as a spa owner she has various treatments done.

Good point. It's hard to say no to something that is less invasive but will give you a quick fix result - especially when you have easy access.... I did see her pictures; watched you tube videos, etc...- I know nothing about the woman but I could definitely see changes that I would swear did not and could not come from facial exercises.

but enough of that.

Jasminerosey - Re: neck exercise - I just did the one on the floor where you pull your neck and shoulders off and go side to side - 35 times. I think I have a strong neck but could feel it. I think it's a great exercise. Thanks - I'm going to try to do it at leasat 3X a week.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
SeanySeanUK wrote:

really, off track? - i think it's really important info for people considering facial excercise programs...

but i do have something important to say re:facial excercise

MY FACE LOOKS LIKE CRAP!!!! I stopped doing deb's program for about 2-3 weeks and i look like a really sad person--my lowerlids are sagging my upper lids are sagging, my lower marrionette lines are wanting to reappear (i look at myself and go ohhh, honey, what's wrong?)...I was so jazzed about Ageless that i thought i'd try and see what it did on it's own - granted it hasn't been long so it may just be a transtion i cannot handle...but i cannot stand what i'm seeing. I think the first bit when i started ageless it WAY complimented what i'd already done and that's i saw kapow results...i'm gonna flex today...and i'm not gonna say anything else about CM.
love to all
m

Wow MG - you need to get back on the FE program! 2-3 weeks and a big slide backward! I'd just do both or alternate... so you don't lose results of either.
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess, you stopped doing flexeffect and started ageless, this is what you mean? or you weren't doing anything and your face started sagging?
Carol mentioned she got divorced on her last video, on all previous videos she was still married. May be stress? who knows... cause she looked great on fox, very different ...and happy.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi all... popping over.

Bethany... now you know I was flexing in the womb... LOL!

I did start very young. And have aged more slowly than average. Based on being carded at a crazy age, and having "normal" people act really surprised about my age. But we all age. My twins are doing the best they can to help me out... so I often look sleepy... as I AM!!! I'm often thrilled when I get a good nights sleep, which is NOT often.

Honestly, I feel like I look what an almost 38 y/o looks like.(I can't believe I'm going to a 20 year reunion this year... holy cow!) I'm often surprised to find out how young some people are that I thought looked my age... I do have expectations of others appearances now a days... LOL! Kind of like. Wow, no reason to look like that at 25. or 32. or 55.

It makes me a little sad to see rude comments about a persons appearance. And I feel bad for people that have generously allowed themselves to be put on our board. Many of them are people just like all of you. They come from all walks of life and they just want to be better versions of themselves. And I can't think of a single person who has submitted before and afters for the purpose of putting it out there that wasn't PLEASED with their personal results. Why don't we have more pictures... Because of the rudeness... I swear, if the rude and mean comments could stop, we'd have A LOT more.

So, I would say for example. Bethany, look out. Should you allow LouLou your before and afters... (Which I'm sure her business could use.) 2-3 years from now you WILL be hearing how ugly you are and that no one wants to look like you. How your photos have been doctored. Why weren't they taken by a professional? And how, quite frankly, saying you look like crap is fair game. 'Cause you're the one that put it out there... All of Which is so unfair. and plane mean. Critiquing your works in progress... to the nth degree. Because you are a real person. NOT an actress being paid. Just someone brave enough to put it out there to help others perhaps avoid a knife, or needles or endless $$ thrown on the latest creams. You've been able to turn back the clock how far???? Go look at old pictures and tell us. When where your lines from your nose to your mouth as shallow as they are now? THAT'S the AWESOME thing. Isn't it exciting that you are getting your younger self back? However, Your intent to share the knowledge will be held against you in a way that will make you want to hide.

You don't think Deb has been critiqued to no end? Please. The words have been horrifying over the years. Fortunately, she has more than just thick skin. Just as bad as I'm reading about Carole right now. I have to say, I had heard that Carole admitted to a face lift... and I have no idea what that source was. So, I'm glad to see here that no one has found such a quote by her. Deb gets the same thing. I've watched her allow people go through her hair line, and behind her ears.. ANYWHERE they think she has a scar hidden... that's always kind of funny actually.

Facial Exercise is good at any level. Deb herself started with Isometrics. She did that for years before adding resistance. So, for those worried about being too aggressive, go with a program that doesn't freak you out. If it works for life.. GREAT! Don't spend another dime. If you want more... research, figure out what you want.

Ultimately getting back to "do you do facial exercise?" The simple fact is that working your face IS KEY to looking younger. But there are several locks you may or may not need to open or even close. Say the lock to the liquor or cig. cabinet. Or the lock to a fridge full of healthy food instead of fat, and toxins. Or the lock to exercise that helps sweat it all out. Or the lock to Sleep (I swear mine is the latest used by fortnox!)

I highly recommend that you all give it a try.. And MY GOD. if $$ is an issue. Buy LouLou's NOW, before she realizes that $10 is not worth her time or energy... Because the business is ALL consuming. If her business really takes off... then maybe your daughters will be pming with her daughter... (bitching of course that LouLou has no time to answer the questions herself...) LOl! Gotta love it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
jasminerosey wrote:
Sis and Mpstat

were you able to do all Carol's side to side neck exercises the first time you tried. I really have such a hard time with them(when I keep my chin up as she demonstrates)...although i can really feel my muscles working and do enjoy the intense challenge...

...and i'm wondering what other's experiences were/are

jasminerosey - I need to go back and look at Facercise book to refresh my memory on her neck exercises. I never was heavy into neck exercises, and currently do a couple of them as a preventive measure. As of today I do not have problems doing floor neck exercise up to 20-25 times. I did not try 30, but can try and see how it goes next time I do this exercise.

jasminerosey - I looked at neck exercises in Facercise book, and I do not remember how I did with choker one. I do not do this exercise now.

I want to clarify counting turns of the turning head of the floor exercise. There are two ways to count turns during the exercise:
1)turn-left&turn-right as one count
OR
2)count each turn as a separate count, e.g. turn-left > one cont, turn-right > second count etc.

According to #1 count method I do 20-25 left&right turns, and according to #2 count method I do 40-50 turns.
jewellswriter

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Claudia,
I've gotta say, you've got some fantastic writing chops. That's the best response I've ever read to FE exercising criticisms. You and Sean are real assets to this thread and to the facial exercising community in general. Thanks to you and all the others who bravely post thoughts and pictures.
P.S. It's pretty hard to believe that something as simple facial exercise can turn back the clock--but it surely does. No cream or gadget works as well. The biggest obstacle to success is that it takes faith and perserverence. I'm 52 y/o and have only been facial exercising for 8 weeks. I've seen VAST improvements in muscle tone and and skin texture. For the first time, I can't wait until my next birthday cause it'll mean I've been FEing for 6 months.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
So, I would say for example. Bethany, look out. Should you allow LouLou your before and afters... (Which I'm sure her business could use.) 2-3 years from now you WILL be hearing how ugly you are and that no one wants to look like you.

Are you nuts? I already have my siblings for that kind of abuse! Very Happy

ClaudiaFE wrote:
You don't think Deb has been critiqued to no end? ... Deb gets the same thing. I've watched her allow people go through her hair line, and behind her ears.. ANYWHERE they think she has a scar hidden... that's always kind of funny actually.

I have no doubt that people want to check her for scars..they just can't believe that she could look that good without surgery (thought we know the truth). But I'm not sure how anyone could critique her in a negative manner...what's not to like? I'd love to look like that ANY day of the week! Very Happy

Once some of my time frees back up (26 days, 19 hours left!!) I may add in some FE exercises....I have no doubt that it will take some heavy duty FE to whip my forehead lines into shape, sigh. That is the beauty of having more than one program....you can pick and choose to meet your needs (though it may not be the recommended approach).

At the end of the day, we are very lucky to 1) have found facial exercise, and 2) to have multiple experts advising us.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
LOL Bethany... don't I know it...

Imagine Deb, myself and my sister... "Hey... do you have an extra pore on your nose?" LOL.

Jewells... thanks...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
At the end of the day, we are very lucky to 1) have found facial exercise, and 2) to have multiple experts advising us.

That is the truth! Hopefully all the people reading through this thread will focus on that truth, because I don't think there is anybody out there that has tried ANY of the programs that haven't gotten some level of results. For me, finding facial exercise has been the BEST find to fight aging so far.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Quote:

That is the truth! Hopefully all the people reading through this thread will focus on that truth, because I don't think there is anybody out there that has tried ANY of the programs that haven't gotten some level of results. For me, finding facial exercise has been the BEST find to fight aging so far.

I think people should spend less time analyzing programs to death and just START one! Just pick one...ANY one and start it!

They all have benefits and you really can't go wrong, period. I learned something new from each of the 3 books I read.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Imagine Deb, myself and my sister... "Hey... do you have an extra pore on your nose?" LOL.

My sister would be jumping right over to squeeze any available pore on my face if I would let her. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Sis and Mpstat

were you able to do all Carol's side to side neck exercises the first time you tried. I really have such a hard time with them(when I keep my chin up as she demonstrates)...although i can really feel my muscles working and do enjoy the intense challenge...

...and i'm wondering what other's experiences were/are

Jasminerosy, I starting doing those neck exercises about 2 years ago - my neck was looking good, so I stopped - now I am adding them in again. Both 2 years ago and now they are VERY challenging. It's the only exercise in the programs I've dabbled in (FE, Ageless & Facercise) that I have trouble getting through all the reps. I love the challenge too and will just keep at it! I think your neck is probably really normal and it's just a challenging exercise!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

My sister would be jumping right over to squeeze any available pore on my face if I would let her. Rolling Eyes

What is it with sisters? Glad to hear I am not alone!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
moongoddess, you stopped doing flexeffect and started ageless, this is what you mean? or you weren't doing anything and your face started sagging?
Carol mentioned she got divorced on her last video, on all previous videos she was still married. May be stress? who knows... cause she looked great on fox, very different ...and happy.

hi baldabek

i stopped flexeffect and started ageless,yes...just wanted to see what would happen-- i must say though, i don't think 2+ weeks is enough to let loulou's program hit it's stride - so in this case i'm behaving like a newbie panicking and thinking things should be AMAZING really fast or that the whole thing is going to h e l l really fast (still, i look so sad Crying or Very sad )

i love both programs...it's just that i want to look FABULOUSLY FABULOUS every moment Laughing !! so i'm all strung out...and i have the day off and i'm probably obsessing more than i should be...

and now i feel bad for dumping on CM (well, only sort of (hey, she's makin' the big bucks))...
and based on claudia's post - i will NEVER EVER post my photos - both programs would lose cred!
bethany - your photo's are SPECTACULAR - everyday i look in the mirror and go why don't my lower marrionetts look like bethany's?? i know you haven't been doing agless too long...you will only be a credit to facial ex and all the other techniques your using...u go girl
best
m
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |