Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hello! New member- skin care help, please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! Smile

Well, after reading many, many posts, I joined the forum just a couple of days ago. I can tell this is just NOT going to be good for my credit card, but hey, it happens. Very Happy

As I mentioned, I have read many of the posts, and in the last couple of days have purchased the PSF pumpkin peel, Dremu Oil and a Baby Quasar. I would really appreciate some help from anyone regarding my skin ...my apologies if this turns into a long post. I am 37, and have been prone to break-outs since I was a teen, and it just got worse in my 20's. The past couple of months my skins has been better(problem is I don't know what I'm doing differently!). Now, in addition to the occassional break-out, I have hyper-pigmentation and large pores, especially on my nose, which also CONSTANTLY has blackheads. And of course, the fine lines around the eyes are getting deeper (right now I am using the IS eye cream). Crying or Very sad Oh, and did I mention the little line that has appeared above my lip, creasing into my lip???? Confused Any recommendations, please?

I can't wait to use the BQ (but could someone please run through the process? I know you're not supposed to use it in certain areas) and the pumpkin peel! Thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to our forum msaries1!

Can you describe your current routine, how long you have been following this routine and what products you are using right now? Also, what is your skin type- oily, combination, dry? This might help us to better determine what might be causing your problems and hopefully to find a solution!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi again! Yup, I guess that would have been helpful...sorry. I have combination skin, prone to break-outs. Every now and then, I still get kinda shiny at work, but not too badly. I thought my skin was considered sensitive, but the esthetician I've gone to in the past says it tolerates the glycolic well (I think she did 30%)

I usually use Vivant BP Cleaser in the a.m., and Bioelements decongenstant cleanser in the p.m.(after reading some posts, I wonder if I should a washcloth). I just added the Bioelements about a month ago, which MAY be the difference in my lack of break-outs. I use Neutrogena Pore Refiner Toner (not too crazy about it). At night, I use a bleaching serum (has a hydroquinine 2% and kojic acid 2%), then a marine-based night cream. I use a Lerosett mask once in a while. If I am going out in the sun during the day, I use Neutrogena Age Shield SPF 45, but I notice if I use it for an extended period of time, I get lots of congestion.
rbnhawkins
5% products discount

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, im a neewbie and would like some info on skin lightning. I'm a black female i have a brown complexation and im trying to get rid of some scars and even out my skin tone. can somebody please help!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to re-think your bleaching serum, since it has hydroquinone in it. This year, the FDA proposed a ban on products containing hydroquinone as studies with rats show that it might be a carcinogen (cancer-causing chemical). Instead, I recommend IS Clinical's Active Serum, which i have been using successfully to get rid of clogged pores/blackheads and lighten acne scars. I don't have hyperpigmentation so can't speak for that. I'm sure it will help as it contains natural bleaching agents, arbutin and kojic acid, along with BHA/AHAs. You use it after cleansing at night, before moisturizer. HTH!
rbnhawkins
5% products discount

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, were can i find it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
You can order it right here on EDS, or go towww.isclinical.com to find retailers near you.
rbnhawkins
5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, I m new 2 this forum how do u order off this forum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
rbnhawkins wrote:
thanks, I m new 2 this forum how do u order off this forum.

Hello! To order, just click on the Essential Day Spa logo - the treatment lines will be be shown down the left hand side of your screen...just click on whatever line you want to look at and follow the instructions to purchase...it is really easy - just don't forget to key in your coupon code for the Thanksgiving Day 10% discount...and be sure to click on any gifts that you are entitled to...it is all really straightforward - you can also call and place your order!
Pudoodles Very Happy
msaries

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Does the IS serum help with the reduction of hyperpigmentation also? As I am getting older, I notice that it is becoming a BIG problem.
rbnhawkins
5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
thanks pudoolodes I see what ur talking about I just don't see the product , is clinicals active serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Pretty much all exfoliation helps with hyperpigmentation so you might want to explore more than just the IS clinical brand. Retin A, retinol, Vit C - they all help too and of course a good sunscreen with very high UVA protection.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have had two prescriptions for Retin-A, each with a different percentage, and my skin has a really tough time handling both percentages. Is the IS Clinical better or the PSF Serum? I saw a couple of rave reviews for both..... Thanks!!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |