Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C serum enlarging pores ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

has anybody found that using a vit c serum can make your pores look worse, like enlarged ? Also, I noticed that most people apply it in the mornings, but I've found my make-up looks really dry and patchy this way. Does anybody apply at night, and would it still be effective ?

many many thanks
Jackie x
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie - you can use it at night. The Vit C stays active in your skin fighting the free radicals for up to 48 hours later. Plus it seems to stimulate more collagen production used at night. Some others get bad reactions to Vit C too. There's a thread about it somewhere.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Molly,

I'll try using it at night then,

Jackie x
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Here's that thread. It was in the 'hot Library' at the top of the forum
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12320
I know one or two people who had problems with breakouts from C switched to Skinmedica's C serum and are liking it.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284, I'm curious about how that works out for you. I have been all over the board reading the threads about this. I keep noticing the same thing. I REALLY want to use it because I know what it can do for the skin. But my skin just seems more 'bumpy' with it. Just so not even and glowing like other people experience. I'm doing the DIY 10% with just water because my pores clog if I just look at them. But I wonder if a night instead of morning application would change that. I guess it's worth a try and it would cut down time on the morning routine with not having to wait the 20 minutes for it to absorb.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Im trialling IS Clinical Proheal for the past few weeks and have noticed Im now getting whiteheads here and there. Ive had no luck so far with vit c,maybe I'll have to check out the skinmedica one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Michelec, I'm just curious. Are you using distilled water with the DIY? And, is it L-Ascorbic Acid you're using? Once I switched to distilled water I stopped having "issues". I think it may have had to do with the minerals, etc. in tap water. Just a thought.

Ari

p.s. The 20 minute wait is for your skin's PH balance to return.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is distilled and the ascorbic acid is the L form from Personalformulator. So I'm trying to think of everything. I think I may just need to give it a committment of something like 2 weeks and just see. I tend to get frustrated every few days when my skin looks pasty, bumpy and dull. Then I switch something in the routine and start all over. Maybe my skin just can't get used to it.

So for now I'll do grapeseed oil for OCM and ACV at bedtime. Then just water, ACV and Vitamin C in the morning. With the SS 20 minutes later.

And about the Ph part of it...I asked in a thread about it but got no replies. So, if my face is still damp from the ACV, does the ACV Ph conflict with that of the Vit C, making it less effective?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
ACV full strength is acidic, about ph of 2-3. Vit C if properly formulated also has a low pH, 3-4. So the ACV first and Vit C appled with Vit C last will not effect the Vit Cs function. (assuming you ACV is at the normal pH)

Just let it set 20 to 30 min before topping with other products, so you don't raise the Vit C ph.

Both ACV and Vit C, being acidic can also be very irritating and drying to some skin types, so should be used with that in mind. Useing both together can be to much for some people.

If you dilute your ACV, it can still be drying and irritating, but that will help, and may suit you better. But this will effect you pH. So you will need to confirm the pH, if you dilute it, to make sure it is not to high to effect your Vit C.

Vit C in water will degrade fast, so do refrigerate. Protect from air, heat and light. Personally I also use a preservative to help maintan the correct pH, and prevent bacterium issues. And I remake my C product every 30 days, to preserve effectiveness.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |