Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
products that are proven to reduce or get rid of cellulite?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Jenhelen7 wrote:
Jenhelen, is this thing you are talking about something you actually go INSIDE of (or am I thinking "steam room"?) or is it a device you use on your body? And by "fix" your cellulite, you mean what exactly? Please elaborate ... did it make it go away completely, did it reduce its appearance but you still have it, etc.

Please give details! TIA! Very Happy

As you can see from the other posts this is an actual sauna room. It is amazing how much ou can sweat in one of these things. I found out about it through my massage therapist who has one on site. She supplies white towells and you can actually see the dirt (toxins I assume)that sweats out of your body even though you are clean and showered before going in.
Using one of these things has greatly reduced my cellulite - I'd say by more than 70%[/quote]

Hi Jenhelen7. What brand sauna do you use & how often/long do you use the unit? How long did it take for you to see results? TIA
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Jeez. I just broke down & bought one. Y'all are killing me! Since joining EDS I've now got the clarisonic, dermawand, lightstim, and now the infra red sauna. I was going to go for the nulase, but then saw this thread. Anyway, I found this unit on ebay. It seems like it's the competitor to the unit that scalawagirl purchased, but is $150 as opposed to $360 + tax.

They say it's suppose to be better than their competitors for a variety of reasons, ie. 20% larger, more FIR panels (5 total), double layer thermal material, negative ion generator 97% FIR output - as opposed to 35-75%), the footpad is also FIR & not just a heating pad, msrp is $850.

http://cgi.ebay.com/149-PRO-Portable-Far-Infrared-Sauna-FIR-w-ions-HUGE_W0QQitemZ180056374526QQihZ008QQcategoryZ82620QQcmdZViewItem
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
Oh Jeez. I just broke down & bought one. Y'all are killing me! Since joining EDS I've now got the clarisonic, dermawand, lightstim, and now the infra red sauna. I was going to go for the nulase, but then saw this thread. Anyway, I found this unit on ebay. It seems like it's the competitor to the unit that scalawagirl purchased, but is $150 as opposed to $360 + tax.

They say it's suppose to be better than their competitors for a variety of reasons, ie. 20% larger, more FIR panels (5 total), double layer thermal material, negative ion generator 97% FIR output - as opposed to 35-75%), the footpad is also FIR & not just a heating pad, msrp is $850.

http://cgi.ebay.com/149-PRO-Portable-Far-Infrared-Sauna-FIR-w-ions-HUGE_W0QQitemZ180056374526QQihZ008QQcategoryZ82620QQcmdZViewItem

Excellent find! I'm rather surprised that I didn't check eBay first but hey, live and learn. Not sure about the competitive nature of the products as they both look good. Mine's also FIR on the footpad (pretty sure) so I don't feel too gipped. Glad you found that link, though, so if anyone else is interested, it's much more affordable!

Fortunately, mine fits me just fine and will work for my husband, as well. He's 5'8" (he'd say 5'8.5", LOL).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
leidon wrote:

Excellent find! I'm rather surprised that I didn't check eBay first but hey, live and learn. Not sure about the competitive nature of the products as they both look good. Mine's also FIR on the footpad (pretty sure) so I don't feel too gipped. Glad you found that link, though, so if anyone else is interested, it's much more affordable!

Fortunately, mine fits me just fine and will work for my husband, as well. He's 5'8" (he'd say 5'8.5", LOL).

Yeah . . . I think they're pretty much comparable, but it was really the price that sold me. Keep us posted on your results! They claim that 10 minutes in the unit is equivalent to the calories burned in 30 minutes of cardio?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I will keep you posted! As a matter of fact, I stayed in for 30 minutes this morning, no problems. It was quite comfy, actually.

Saw the claim re: 30 minutes of cardio equivalent to 10 minutes - not sure but it won't hurt, if that's the case!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Rjez wrote:
blast you Swalawaggirl .... I'm on that website and now I want one of those saunas.

Aaaaggghhh! I just can't keep up with her latest gadget additions! Scally, you have so many goodies that now you can open your own spa!

That website is so cool! There's about 10 things I want from it!

Please stop! I am going broke Laughing Just broke down and got the NuFace, shudda bought a new dishwasher, but I just won't cook as much Wink

I'm drawing the line on this thing though, my DH would laugh too much.

BTW, did anyone here ever try the Santica supplements? They are 3 for 1 right now and I wonder if they work at all?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:
Rjez wrote:
blast you Swalawaggirl .... I'm on that website and now I want one of those saunas.

Aaaaggghhh! I just can't keep up with her latest gadget additions! Scally, you have so many goodies that now you can open your own spa!

That website is so cool! There's about 10 things I want from it!

Please stop! I am going broke Laughing Just broke down and got the NuFace, shudda bought a new dishwasher, but I just won't cook as much Wink

I'm drawing the line on this thing though, my DH would laugh too much.

BTW, did anyone here ever try the Santica supplements? They are 3 for 1 right now and I wonder if they work at all?

I hear ya! Me, too. Smile DH might not laugh, if he spent some time in it - supposed to help a lot with soreness, too!

As for the Santica, I take them 2x a day and got the latest special to stock up. They do work and are definitely minimizing the cellulite. I am hoping my handy-dandy spa will finish the rest of the project.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, you must get Alain to take a picture of you IN the sauna, holding the BQ with one hand and the NuFace with the other! Pleeeeaaaaaase?!
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Scally, you must get Alain to take a picture of you IN the sauna, holding the BQ with one hand and the NuFace with the other! Pleeeeaaaaaase?!

While doing a TCA/Cross thingy Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:

Very cool find, leidon!!! I am so intrigued by these portable FIR Sauna's, but would prefer to try one before committing. I have found a local Spa that offers FIR Sauna treatments (it's the full-size model that you walk inside it). I am just burning with curiousity and really want to try it ($30 for 30 minutes). If I love it at least I will have something to compare against should I splurge and buy a portable unit.

Please let us know how you like your new sauna, and if it reduces your cellulite in any great way!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:31 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
And, drum roll, please...an UPDATE! Well, since many of you know that I am the queen of gadgets, I ordered the hand-held infrared massager that MermaidGirl posted. It does work - one poster pointed out that you need to use it, yep, 'tis true but it only requires 5 minutes per zone (according to instructions) and it, like my other gadgets, is easily used while watching TV.

I am also taking the Murad supplements 2x a day and am seeing my cellulite go away again. These results were obtained before using Lipo 6, which I've since shelved except for the occasional use.

Lastly, I got a Christmas present, tra la la. MermaidGirl, this is a cool option for tiny apartments - mine's not so tiny but I don't have much room, either - anyway, it's a personal infrared sauna that folds up! How cool is that??? I tried it out for the first time today and my body temperature is still quite warm so will continue with my tests - probably 3-4 times a week, I think. Here's where I got it (present I asked for, ha):

http://www.ib3health.com/products/InfraredSauna/ISPA.shtml

It sets up in about a minute; totally portable. Now, I just have to figure out where to store it. Smile

Scala - Your portable FIR Sauna looks so cool! Can't wait to hear if it really helps to reduce your cellulite, and how long it took before you achieved noticable results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:25 am      Reply with quote
This sauna looks very very tempting, especially here in mid winter.

I cant imagine using it the summer though.

I remember reading that these sauna's are really good for your health - I think it was Leslie Kenton was recommending them.

ooh. I want one!
Jenhelen7
5% products discount

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jenhelen7. What brand sauna do you use & how often/long do you use the unit? How long did it take for you to see results? TIA

Hi Liedon

My home sauna is made by LENSON in Collingwood Ontario supplied through the Mobility Centre there. (I've also used saunaray but that got much hotter so it was more like a traditional sauna) I already had results within a month, before I bought mine, by using the one at my massage therapists only twice or three times a week. Now I have my own I try to use it every day. I find it energizing and it is supposed to be amazingly detoxifying. If you use light coloured towels you can actually SEE the dirt dripping out in your sweat even though you enter the sauna clean and showered. There are also people who believe infra red saunas and this detoxifying process reduces the risk of breast cancer. It definitely burns calories anyway. I have to rave about mine because I excercise daily eat healthy have very low body fat ya da ya da and still had cellulite....but now most of it has vanished. Give me another month and I'll let you know if it all goes!
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
where can I get the santica product?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
tweety wrote:
where can I get the santica product?

Atwww.santicausa.com Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Jenhelen7 wrote:
My home sauna is made by LENSON in Collingwood Ontario supplied through the Mobility Centre there. (I've also used saunaray but that got much hotter so it was more like a traditional sauna) I already had results within a month, before I bought mine, by using the one at my massage therapists only twice or three times a week. Now I have my own I try to use it every day. I find it energizing and it is supposed to be amazingly detoxifying. If you use light coloured towels you can actually SEE the dirt dripping out in your sweat even though you enter the sauna clean and showered. There are also people who believe infra red saunas and this detoxifying process reduces the risk of breast cancer. It definitely burns calories anyway. I have to rave about mine because I excercise daily eat healthy have very low body fat ya da ya da and still had cellulite....but now most of it has vanished. Give me another month and I'll let you know if it all goes!

Great news! Glad to hear that you're also a fit person who battles (or should I say battled?) w/cellulite! I'm looking forward to reporting my progress and will keep you all posted!

With the inexpensive price on the eBay find, it might be a GREAT option for everyone!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:

While doing a TCA/Cross thingy Very Happy

Now, that is a pic that would surely get some giggles! Smile

Update on my sauna - two words - LOVE IT!!!!!!!! My cellulite is DISAPPEARING, ladies and I'm actually looking toned (without exercising - wanted a test comparison). Also, you know how the skin under your arm can look a little loose? Like it's not very taut? Well, mine looks right back to how it was before - taut again. I'm VERY impressed and it was a perfect thing to ask for!

I have to say that I'd RUN to get the eBay one for $150 - choking here, but even before the Nuface - it's that good.

Also, need to add that it's always a good idea to eat healthy, exercise, etc. You can't rely on any one thing to eradicate cellulite but IT IS POSSIBLE! Yippee!

I am planning to post a pic - well thinking about it - once all cellulite is gone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Scally,

Thanks for the update!!! Now I guess for $150 I will give it a try Smile I always did love saunas and I really feel it is good for the skin and overall health and gets rid of toxins.

Does that portable unit fold up for storage? Is there a decent priced nicer home unit? I am expanding a bathroom, maybe I could fit one in?

Looking forward to the pics, get out that bathing suit Laughing Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
Scally,

Thanks for the update!!! Now I guess for $150 I will give it a try Smile I always did love saunas and I really feel it is good for the skin and overall health and gets rid of toxins.

Does that portable unit fold up for storage? Is there a decent priced nicer home unit? I am expanding a bathroom, maybe I could fit one in?

Looking forward to the pics, get out that bathing suit Laughing Laughing

I think the unit on eBay folds up; mine does, easily. Sets up in under a minute so doubt you'd need to find a permanent spot for it. Wink Unless, of course, you mean a full-size unit and if so, I'd do a Google search for a regular sized one.

As for the bathing suits, they are easily accessible, I'll just have to see how comfy I am posting a pic of me in one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone here is looking at buying one in the UK, I'd be grateful to know about your research and which one you choose.

I'm looking at them on ebay, they are either £119 or £159 ~ and I'm not currently aware what the difference is between these two, apart from the cost.

Is there anything in particular one should be alert to with this purchase, to discern if it's a good product or not,?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Catski, you want to look for certification, the number of panels/location (should be atleast 4), ease of storage/setup, size, company reputation (check feedback), support/warranty, etc.

One thing I will note for new users, this thing REALLY moves out the toxins. My skin has been a little itchy lately - in might be a tad dry from my use - but that is usually a sign that it's time to dry brush. I'm adding a dry brush in before my shower today and will probably skip the spa.

It is so remarkable that I'm now checking out more powerful infrared products for the face. I believe that my Baby Quasar provides some of this functionality but the heat is what's missing. I'd like to detoxify my face, too, as it's missing all of the fun while my little head's popped out of the spa!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that response scalawaggirl.

I hope this is ok - I'm going to post a link to one for sale on ebay, I'd be glad of your opinion of it.
I'm not sure if I should have done this via pm Confused - but maybe someone else is interested anyhow -

http://tinyurl.com/y45jqy

Do you think this looks good enough/right?

The ones non - ebay are hundreds more pounds, so I'm a bit puzzled, and going cautiously...
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Thanks for that response scalawaggirl.

I hope this is ok - I'm going to post a link to one for sale on ebay, I'd be glad of your opinion of it.
I'm not sure if I should have done this via pm Confused - but maybe someone else is interested anyhow -

http://tinyurl.com/y45jqy

Do you think this looks good enough/right?

The ones non - ebay are hundreds more pounds, so I'm a bit puzzled, and going cautiously...

From what I can tell, it looks okay. I'd check to make sure about the number and placement of panels. You can contact the seller on eBay from the auction page.

Maybe others will pipe in with thoughts, as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, scallawaggirl... it does look ok, doesnt it.

it's basically a sort of tent with a chair in it, over an infra red panel, isnt it.. Wink
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Thanks, scallawaggirl... it does look ok, doesnt it.

it's basically a sort of tent with a chair in it, over an infra red panel, isnt it.. Wink

Yeah, it is! Atleast that's how mine is. Smile I tell you, drink lots and lots of water because I'm getting a headache, if I don't (due to toxin release and MSM compounding toxin clearance).

Even without water, I'm having lots of bathroom breaks much more than normal - according to sauna info, fat, etc. is eliminated in urine so my experience is supporting this.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |