Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

products that are proven to reduce or get rid of cellulite?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - thanks for reminding me of that. drink, drink, drink. It's my mantra. ( water, of course.. )

It's soo cool to be able to get those toxins OUT isnt it.

So easy to get them IN. Sad

I'm really looking forward to using this. I'm looking forward to the heat, also, this mid - winter time.

And I'm looking forward to being laughed at by my family when they see me in there...

I bet your cats think it's funny, scala, dont they? to be able to see you but not be able to jump on your lap?
Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Yes - thanks for reminding me of that. drink, drink, drink. It's my mantra. ( water, of course.. )

It's soo cool to be able to get those toxins OUT isnt it.

So easy to get them IN. Sad

I'm really looking forward to using this. I'm looking forward to the heat, also, this mid - winter time.

And I'm looking forward to being laughed at by my family when they see me in there...

I bet your cats think it's funny, scala, dont they? to be able to see you but not be able to jump on your lap?
Very Happy

Yes, it sure is easy to get the toxins in - seems much harder to find a way to get them out. Smile

Your family will only laugh at you until they figure out the benefits of the spa (it'll probably start w/your husband, if he has aches of any kind)!

My kitties were in full investigative mode today; usually I'm in the spa when they're napping but today, holy smokes, my male was acting up because of it! He was messing with the cords and just generally misbehaving. Laughing

It wasn't as relaxing as normal with all the shenanigans!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
how long do you stay in there? Longer than 10 minutes?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
how long do you stay in there? Longer than 10 minutes?

Nope, 30 minutes at a time, which is quite good for getting the sweat going (disgusting, I know). I set it on 4 of 5 and use the foot pad as well; a towel is laid on the chair and I use it in front of the TV so it passes very quickly. Sometimes, I put a mask on, as well, since it's a good time to knock that out.

Then, I head to the shower! My cellulite is continuing to disappear and I've not been exercising specifically to compare how this works. It continues to amaze me and I'm VERY glad I got it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think that the sweating you do in this thing is more beneficial than sweating from 30 minutes of aerobic exercise or 30 minutes of sitting in a hot tub? (not that it matters to my decision process as I have already bought the stupid thing!) Rolling Eyes Embarassed
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Do you think that the sweating you do in this thing is more beneficial than sweating from 30 minutes of aerobic exercise or 30 minutes of sitting in a hot tub? (not that it matters to my decision process as I have already bought the stupid thing!) Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Yes, I do, actually. Infrared is known for removing toxins (any other bad things in the body) - sitting in this attacks the entire body except for the head! Since I'm a exercise person, I know that this is actually working to do just that. I have a treadmill at home and no matter how many times I bust out 30-45 minutes of sweat on that, I've never seen the results I've gotten so far w/my sauna. BTW, I've been eating fairly crappy lately but have curbed it again. So, it's even further proof that while I gained a few pounds, I still am losing cellulite - that doesn't normally happen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm....looking forward to trying out this contraption! Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Hmmm....looking forward to trying out this contraption! Laughing

You will love it, trust me. It is up there with my HG for my Quasar SP and Nuface in terms of WOW factor - actual results you can SEE.

I don't think my butt's ever looked this good. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Well that does it - I've been trying to find a great spot to slip away to for a spa break with a girlfriend, and the obvious place just has to be your house!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Well that does it - I've been trying to find a great spot to slip away to for a spa break with a girlfriend, and the obvious place just has to be your house!!

Yeah, considering you can buy one of these from that eBay link for what a one-day spa package will run you. Of course, it doesn't replace the massage part but thankfully, my husband loves to give them so...I'm covered. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone received their sauna they have bought off ebay yet? Did anyone buy from the first link posted "National Wholesale Saunas"?

I'm curious as to how you are finding it and whether or not it gets hot enough.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
tweety wrote:
Hi there. do you know if there are any ingredients or products that are proven to reduce and/or get rid of cellulite. Eating better and exercising is not helping, I know I might always have it, but am looking for something to reduce the appearance.
thanks!

I always thought that the appearance of cellulite was most noticeable on slackened skin..if your skin isnt taut and doesnt snap back well I thought it meant that you had lost your natural girdle and that no matter how hard you try, you wont be able to rid your skin of that orange peel look...It seems to me that everyone under the sun has come out with some product or other that is supposed to make cellulite disappear...and we are still searching....Personally, I think that healthy diet, keeping on top of water retention and exercise is probably the best you can do....Fat does attract water though, doesnt it..and if that is true, then the sauna idea sounds enticing...
Pudoodles
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl, how many times a week have you been using your sauna, and how quick did you see results? I have my eye on one on ebay now too. Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
anixia wrote:
scalawaggirl, how many times a week have you been using your sauna, and how quick did you see results? I have my eye on one on ebay now too. Smile

Hi, I normally use it 4-5 a week for 30 minutes each session. I started seeing results within the first few sessions.

Also, I just want to stress that proper diet, lots of water and exercise is just as important in fighting cellulite. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
It is so remarkable that I'm now checking out more powerful infrared products for the face. I believe that my Baby Quasar provides some of this functionality but the heat is what's missing. I'd like to detoxify my face, too, as it's missing all of the fun while my little head's popped out of the spa!

Scally - Could you not cover the hole and put your entire body inside? I wasn't sure if the instructions advised against this or not, but I would think it could be possible. I'm picturing that you would sit directly on the bottom of the "tent" with your feet on the pad in front of you. Just a thought!

By the way, I'm planning to get this for my big 3-0 birthday coming up. Very Happy Still curious if others have been using the ebay one though.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
It is so remarkable that I'm now checking out more powerful infrared products for the face. I believe that my Baby Quasar provides some of this functionality but the heat is what's missing. I'd like to detoxify my face, too, as it's missing all of the fun while my little head's popped out of the spa!

Scally - Could you not cover the hole and put your entire body inside? I wasn't sure if the instructions advised against this or not, but I would think it could be possible. I'm picturing that you would sit directly on the bottom of the "tent" with your feet on the pad in front of you. Just a thought!

By the way, I'm planning to get this for my big 3-0 birthday coming up. Very Happy Still curious if others have been using the ebay one though.

TamGirl, I really think you wouldn`t be comfortable being totally covered by the unit, trust me! It gets mighty warm in there and I`m thankful my head`s out. Smile I don`t recall reading anything in the instructions advising against this but I don`t read them word-for-word.

You are going to love it for your birthday! What a great present. Smile I saw an advert today for a posh spa that had all the services...have to tell you, it`s great having pampering devices around the house rather than having to pay $$$ AND go somewhere else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
You are going to love it for your birthday! What a great present. Smile I saw an advert today for a posh spa that had all the services...have to tell you, it`s great having pampering devices around the house rather than having to pay $$$ AND go somewhere else.

I know I can't wait! Unfortunately it won't save me the big bucks I'm still planning to spend the morning of my birthday at a real spa. But then again I think a nice massage and facial is definitely worth splurging on, particularly for ones b-day! Wink
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think I read somewhere that the reason your head is out of the unit is because there is no evidence that FIR helps anything on your face, and you are able to stay within your comfort level while your body sweats away. Of course having the arms out is great for playing with the remote or reading.

The units I have looked at all look like the head part either zips open or has a flap, so I dont see why, if you like, you couldnt just forgo the chair and sit inside with everything closed. However, I think you are more likely to feel nausious and over hot with your face heating.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Okay so I ended up purchasing it from another ebay seller that sells the I-spa like scalawag bought. The sellers feedback was awesome and I felt it was worth paying a bit more since he has a nice return policy. It ended up being $279 though. Still a good deal overall I think when you add up how much you'll save in the long run.

I absolutely can't wait to try this! The cellulite thing was probably my primary motivation for buying this but it was very easily followed by the overall detox and cardio benefits. I was also reading how it is helpful for ulcers/stomach problems and since I suffer from those I sure hope it helps. I'm so tired of being poked and prodded by docs! I will report back after I've had a chance to use it a few times. Very Happy
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 will you please update us on how it works for you? I think Im going to ask for one of these for my birthday too!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
anixia wrote:
TAMgirl99 will you please update us on how it works for you? I think Im going to ask for one of these for my birthday too!

Defintely! And I got an update from leidon regarding the one she purchased off of ebay, for those that were asking. I hope she won't mind me updating for her, but she has been traveling since she received it and hasn't had a chance to use it yet. I asked her to please report once she does.

By the way, the ebay seller I used also gives free gifts for spending over $50, so I also have a lovely lavender eye pillow on it's way. The lady that sells these also wrote me immediately and was super nice. She will have this shipped out in the next day or two. When I told her that I couldn't wait to try it, she wrote me back and said how much she loves hers. Very Happy
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
The cellulite thing was probably my primary motivation for buying this but it was very easily followed by the overall detox and cardio benefits.

Hi...can you post something about the cardio benefits? I read positive stuff about infrared saunas (healthwise) a couple of years ago but I can't remember what it was... Rolling Eyes
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Quote:
The cellulite thing was probably my primary motivation for buying this but it was very easily followed by the overall detox and cardio benefits.

Hi...can you post something about the cardio benefits? I read positive stuff about infrared saunas (healthwise) a couple of years ago but I can't remember what it was... Rolling Eyes

I've read a lot about some of the benefits lately, but here's a good summary. One site said the average person burned 500 calories in a 30-minute session (obviously at the highest setting) and that one can sweat up to 16 ounces! Shock

Health Benefits of Infrared Saunas are said to include

Better Circulation and Increased Energy
The sauna emits FIR energy that is absorbed by human cells, causing a physical phenomenon called "resonance". Thus the cellular activities are instantly invigorated, resulting in a better blood circulation and an overall improved metabolism.

Weight Loss
FIR Sauna heat therapy can aid in weight loss by speeding up the metabolic process of vital organs and endocrine glands resulting in substantial caloric loss in a sauna heat session.

Cardiovascular Health
The FIR Sauna increases heart rate and blood circulation, crucial to maintaining one's health. The heart rate increases as more blood flow is diverted from the inner organs towards the extremities of the skin, without heightening blood pressure.

Speed Recovery from Injuries
For injuries, FIR generated heat stimulates vasodilatation of peripheral blood vessels, bringing oxygen to joints and extremities, speeding the healing of sprains and strains, thus relieving pain and reducing the time it takes the human body to recover from an injury.

Detoxification
The quicker metabolic rate causes extra toxic waste products to be purged from the body through the skin, during perspiration. The skin is often referred to as the 3rd kidney, because it is believed to be responsible for eliminating 30% of the body's waste.

Stress Reduction & Relaxation
FIR Sauna heat treatment before a massage also helps prepare a client by creating an overall relaxing effect. It loosens the muscle tissue so the therapist can do a more thorough and effective massage.

Skin Beautification
For that sought after healthy glow, FIR Sauna heat therapy allows increased blood circulation to carry great amounts of nutrients to the skin, thus promoting healthy tone and texture. A FIR Sauna heat bath also provides a mild cleansing of the skin.

Improved Immune System
By creating an "Artificial Fever", FIR heat has a positive effect on the immune system. Often misunderstood, fever is a natural healing response of the body. The function of the immune system is increased naturally during a fever, while virus and bacterial growth is slowed, weakening its hold. This helps the body ward off invading organisms. A FIR heat treatment in the early stages of a cold or flu has been known to stop the disease before the symptoms occur.

And another resource with clinical studies:

http://www.sunlightsaunas.com/hb.htm
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou, Tamgirl!! Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, thank you TAMGirl! I *SO* want one of these things! Its on my list ... next to the Baby Q, the NuFace, and a lot of other things! *Sigh!*
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |