Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lemongrass Spa products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I recently attended at at-home party for this company. They make all-natural skin products (much like Candy's, I think) that are resonably priced. They are a company located not far from me in Bailey, CO (which was in the news for the school shooting recently Crying or Very sad ). Anyway, they are attempting to grow this company via the direct sales route versus like Candy's doing by using a website and word-of-mouth.

My question is: has anyone out there used their products? How do you like them?

I think they are wonderful and truly high quality. I'm seriously tempted to become a rep for them because I've been looking for a home-based business for awhile. I only want to work for a company that is high-quality with a philosophy that I agree with (I could never be an Avon sales lady, for example). I never considered something like this but it would seem to fit because I spend all my free time reading about skin care and DIY ingredients anyway! Razz I ordered some of their products to give them a whirl so we'll see how they are.

I'd love to see what you all know because if it's a bad idea, I'm not going to do it. I really don't have much money to invest in a company and it's difficult to do too much with the baby right now. I could probably start something like this on a small scale and make it work ONLY if I truly believed in and was excited about the products. It seems like these are something I could sell. (Of course, if it was Candy's products, I would REALLY be excited about them!)
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Here's the website with their products listed. It might help you understand the products better.

http://www.lemongrassspa.com/prod_info.asp

It seems like they use quality ingredients and their textures are wonderful.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ellyp, do you have a full list of ingredients of their products? I took a look at their site and couldn't find it.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I thought that the ingredients were listed on the site and I noticed after I posted the link that they aren't. The company is using quality stuff. For example, for one of the polishing scrubs the ingredients started out sugar, mango butter, almond oil...I was impressed because I would like to do several DIY recipes for body butters but I can't afford those ingredients!

In light of the ingredients, I was happy to see that the prices were reasonable. The company's philosophy is to make to order so that they can avoid any preservatives. I guess a major local health food store tried to get them to let them sell the Lemongrass products but the president refuses because she doesn't want to put the preservatives in them to last on the shelves.

The only thing that I saw that I didn't like was that they used canola oil as a major oil in their massage oil blend. I was going to research that more to see what the benefits of it are. It did sink in quickly and if there are no nut oils in it, I could see it being good for people with nut allergies. Still...
LaLa
5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
If you are interested in using skin care product contains lemongrass, just wanted to let you know that there is an organic brand named Suki and they have a face cleanser called Lemongrass cleanser. Other key ingredients are sugar and rice powder.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
You all know so much about products, I'm surprised no one has heard of this brand. It could still be a boutique type of brand here in Colorado, I guess, and hasn't made it's way very far. Anyway, I thought I'd bump this up so the people who read the boards during the week could see my post. I'm not the type of person to make quick decisions like this and if no one has heard anything of this brand, it makes me nervous...
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Suki brand. Have used them before. Love the smell.
LaLa
5% products discount

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Adonis, I'm glad that you had used Suki products before. Do you think they are effective? I know they are the member of Organic Consumer Association and so I believe that they are really organic and natural products and the price is fair. Do you mind to share which products you used?
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
LaLa wrote:
Adonis, I'm glad that you had used Suki products before. Do you think they are effective? I know they are the member of Organic Consumer Association and so I believe that they are really organic and natural products and the price is fair. Do you mind to share which products you used?

I have used the moisture-rich cleansing lotion and the shitake facial toner. I have very dry skin and these products did the job well. My wife on the other hand has oily skin. We can never really share products. She is happy with her Primavera products.

Suki products are clean. This is the most important thing to look out for with organic skin care. There are so many manufacturers out there that claim organic this and organic that, but also use synthetic ingredients as well. I would rather use a 100% natural non organic, but also non-synthetic product.
LaLa
5% products discount

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Adonis, thanks for sharing.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |