Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE: Best Bath Store Organic Acne Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
erica42

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
bestbathstore wrote:
how does everyone like the consistency of the gel?

I think it is great that bestbath asks our opinions!! what a great concept Razz

Serum: I too think the consistency of the serum is fine. I put 2 coats on at night and one in the day. It does seem to peel or ball off a bit in the day when trying to put other product over it (like makeup - but not too bad if using minerals).

Have you thought about making the soap in a liquid form? I don't like the after-feel when using a bar soap - even so, I am using it and having great results! Also, liquid would be easier for travel.

PS I am having fantastic results with the products - will post my ramblings soon.

Thanks for the low-cost samples - thats a big help to us who have already broken our bank Smile

erica
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
The gel is a nice consistency, maybe if it had a tad more body, it might be easier to control during application. I spot treat with it and do not use it like a serum all over my face.

I agree with Erica42 on having the acne cleanser in a liquid form. I like the way my bar works, but I think a liquid would be more sanitary.

Yes, the sample program is just lovely. The generous sizes let us use the product more than a few times and helps us determine if we like it enough to purchase a full-size. I can imagine it helps BBS with keeping a cap on returns of full-sized products, too (something I hated receiving when I worked in cosmetics, but what can you do when you don't sample your products?!).
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I know I've mentioned how I appreciate it when a company offers samples but, Justin, your sampling program is the best out there! When my samples arrived I could believe how generous the sizes were (it really helps when trying something out to get the right idea).

bestbathstore wrote:
As far as the liquid soap it's something for us to work on but just keep in mind 99% of liquid soaps out there are loaded with chemicals, something we refuse to do. A real natural liquid soap will either feel very watery in your hands, or too much like a lotion that'll be hard to wash off. We're experimenting with using organic aloe vera (expensive) as a base instead of water which will make it thicker with less other base solids. I'll keep everyone updated!

- Justin

Would all natural and naturally derived lecithin work to thicken a watery soap (for instance, a liquid castille soap)? Also, could active, beneficial ingredients be added to such a base? Think

Definitely, keep us updated! Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
bestbathstore
5% products discount

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Would all natural and naturally derived lecithin work to thicken a watery soap (for instance, a liquid castille soap)? Also, could active, beneficial ingredients be added to such a base? Think

we'll look into that! The hardst part is making sure natural bases don't seperate as they tend to do and it's hard to get people to shake their products before each use (although you always should!)

- Justin
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
bestbathstore wrote:
You are all are giving us really good feedback! I am shocked that other companies don't realize how valuable it is to get information not just from market research - but directly from your customers! About our sample program - it just makes sense... $35 is not cheap for most people although it's a very fair price for our under eye treatment cream for example, or $20 for the acne treatment gel. But when you can try 5 products for $5 it's a lot cheaper than nearly $100 and you'll know for sure whether you like these products or not. Due to our sampling policy we haven't had a single return or complaint regarding our full size products - most people are shockd at how much we give them! As far as the liquid soap it's something for us to work on but just keep in mind 99% of liquid soaps out there are loaded with chemicals, something we refuse to do. A real natural liquid soap will either feel very watery in your hands, or too much like a lotion that'll be hard to wash off. We're experimenting with using organic aloe vera (expensive) as a base instead of water which will make it thicker with less other base solids. I'll keep everyone updated!

- Justin

Yes, I enjoyed the samples, Justin. Thank you! I liked them so much I recommended two friends to order samples from your store, too. They're not EDS members but I hope they like your products as much as I do. I just wish you'd come up with a nice hair serum for use after shampoo and conditioner as a leave-in and I don't have to rinse it out. Is that already in the work?
Mabsy

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
** this thread has been moderated to remove various instances of promotional material**
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys, do you know what the turnaround for email enquiries are if made on the website? I made one about 2 weeks ago and no reply yet. Think it is lost in the nethers of WWW?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Hi guys, do you know what the turnaround for email enquiries are if made on the website? I made one about 2 weeks ago and no reply yet. Think it is lost in the nethers of WWW?

Cuppre, just try resending your email. Did you submit it on their website through their "Contact Us" page? Sometimes I think it does get lost in WWW land. That happened to me too and it ended up that Justin had never received it.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
bestbathstore
5% products discount

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Please contact us via the contact us form on the website - we usually reply same day, sometimes next day if we are very busy but never more than 1 or 2 days to reply to an email!

- Justin
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
What is the "Escents" acne treatment you guys refer to in this thread? I've been a fan of JB serum and now this one, but I've never heard of "escents" before. Thanks!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
ANYONE STILL USE THIS SERUM ??? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Katya- Actually, I'm very grateful to report that thanks to the wonders of Modern Medicine (I'm on antibiotics, aldactone, tazorac, and Finacea. I know, it sounds like a lot, but man, I just got to a point where enough was enough and I couldn't take any more break outs!), my skin is wonderously clear, so I'm not using this serum any more. However, ginnilizz, you asked about the escents gel--- I am still using that from time to time. (You can get it at http://www.escentsaromatherapy.com ) The escents one is nice to have on hand for those rare occasions when I badger a clogged pore too much and it gets inflamed--- the tea tree and lavender are very good for calming it down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, manslayerliz - ME TOO! I'm not using the BBS anymore because it's too drying for me now. I don't have any more flaking from Tsz anymore but I don't like the feel of the BBS on my skin in my routine - it makes me feel way too tight and it might lead to mild flaking if I add it back in. But I still use Escents for spot treatment in the PM and after extractions. It gets rid of inflammation and redness like magic! Mainly I now use IFP's Healing Serum the most in my routine - one drop all over my face AM and PM as a preventative measure.
skinfanatic
5% products discount

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui, have you tried any of the other products from IFP? I know lots of other girls on this site seem to like them. Is the healing serum okay for sensitive skin, too?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
skinfanatic wrote:
sormuimui, have you tried any of the other products from IFP? I know lots of other girls on this site seem to like them. Is the healing serum okay for sensitive skin, too?

I don't have sensitive skin but I don't see why it can't be used on sensitive skin.

I've tried their shower gel, body lotion, body scrub, and both of their cleansers. I wrote reviews on their body lotion and cleansers so if you go to the DIY product review section it should be in one of those pages. Basically the cleansers are ok, didn't wow me, they're good quality but I don't think they're special enough for me to purchase a full size. Shower gel is like a regular shower gel, they have lovely scents though, body lotion is great for normal skin but if you have excessively dry skin it won't do much for you. Honestly the only thing I plan on repurchasing is the Healing Serum and will also grab a sample of their pearl creams. I find with body products I prefer ones with a more appealing ingredient list, IFP's are very very simple products and there's nothing particularly nourishing or hydrating in their ingredient lists. HTH
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
However, ginnilizz, you asked about the escents gel--- I am still using that from time to time. (You can get it at http://www.escentsaromatherapy.com ) The escents one is nice to have on hand for those rare occasions when I badger a clogged pore too much and it gets inflamed--- the tea tree and lavender are very good for calming it down.

Hi Manslayer - you might not even get these angry ones anymore but if you do or did/ would you refer the Escents over the Yonka that you mentioned before?

Thanks.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Liz and sormuimui. That's absolutely fantastic that you now have clear skin! Very Happy I thought I was on my way to perfectly clear skin and then about a week ago my skin erupted with about 5 doozies. Crying or Very sad Probably from the increase of stress in my life lately as well as sleep deprivation...

Liz, did the Finacea not dry or irritate your skin too much? I tried something similar to that way back in high school and it irritated my skin so much. Azalex or something I think it was.

I occasionally use the BBS serum for spot treatment. I think it works alright... nothing spectacular. However, it's def way better that blemish gels like Clear Care or whatever that brand is with salicylic acid in an alcohol base (that dried my skin out like crazy when I tried it!). I just wish it smelled better... it reminds me of the some kind of cleaner.

fbmbassist

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Justin,

Some of us on these forums have reported a burning sensation while applying the BBS Pore Refining Mask. I washed it off immediately, and I found red blotches on my faces in the more sensitive areas. I've never reacted to face products before, so I'm wondering what you think it could be. I've heard that some folks are allergic to Bergamot oil, but has anyone reported to you about allergies from other ingredients in the mask?

Thanks!

P.S. Luckily I was got the free sample and not the full product so I wasn't wasting too much...a perfect example of how your samples are incredibly important! =)
fbmbassist

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I received a very helpful message just now letting me know that we're not supposed to contact business owners on the forums..oops. =P

Thank you for letting me know! =)
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
It's a pity as I was thinking about trying the mask and would have loved have more info on the allergies too.. haha guess we'd just have to email the store direct if we want to know then Razz
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I just tried the mud mask and thought it was the best thing I've ever used but I've been told by them that it's a new formula now. You should contact them to see if they'll send you a free replacement.
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I once used Hamamelis floral water, it really fit to my oily skin, and I like the smell.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:09 am      Reply with quote
$34 for shipping samples? ouch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
$34 for shipping samples? ouch.

That sounds too expensive.
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Eve, where did you read that? Try calling them - I paid only $5 for the shipping...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |