Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
RAVE: Best Bath Store Organic Acne Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:02 am      Reply with quote
jones10021 wrote:
Eve, where did you read that? Try calling them - I paid only $5 for the shipping...

via the website, I added my samples went to checkout and that's what it came to, possibly because I'm in the UK and if they use faster shipping options it will be expensive. I'd rather have the option of snail mail if it's half the price Sad oh well, I was looking forward to trying them as they sound and look interesting. I'll have to spend on EDS Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
contact them... it can't hurt to ask!
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
and that would be nice if EDS would carry their stuff so i could use my discount Smile
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
found an online promotion from these guys a sweepstakes and coupon:

http://thebeautycounter.blogspot.com/2008/07/win-majestic-dead-sea-collection-from.html

One lucky winner will have a chance to win a Majestic Dead Sea Collection ($99.95 value). All you have to do is go to their web-site, come back to this form and post your favorite item along with name and email address on the comment widget.

This highly sought after gift basket contains their full line of dead sea products to clean the skin of impurities naturally and relax the body.

This basket includes Dead Sea Bath Salts, Dead Sea Body Bar, Pore Refining facial Mask, Dead Sea Foot Scrub, our Dead Sea Facial Scrub, and their USDA Certified Organic Loofah Body Sponge.

This giveaway will conclude August 10th, 2008.

Save $10 on orders over $55 at Best Bath Store with coupon code: TBC10 Exp. 9/1/08
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
So I ordered my samples from BBS based on this thread and other good reviews at EDS. I have to say that I am *extremely* impressed with the acne serum -- it's as amazing as all the reviews say! I've been using it for two weeks now, and it's very hot and humid where I am (read: sweaty and oily). But the serum has been keeping my zits under control better than anything else! I could even feel a cystic one forming way down in the depths, but with this serum applied twice daily, it actually never had a chance! I'm thrilled! And it helps my little zits go away within just a day or two (at most). While it hasn't helped with the after-spots I do have, I'm so happy to not have to worry about major zits with this weather. RAVE!

I'm also trying the under-eye cream and dead sea mask, and while I haven't been as impressed, the acne serum and the acne soap make this a must-buy store for me.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I got this acne gel a couple of days ago and in general I think it's a great product. I didn't bother with getting a sample of it first but I ordered the full bottle immediately because I like the ingredients so I didn't feel it was a huge risk. Basically as soon as it sank into my brain that this an acne treatment utilizing manuka honey that doesn't have to be rinsed off like a mask of course I had to have it. I think that on this forum I'm most recognizable for my love of honey so I am very happy to see a company that's a fan of honey just like me! Very Happy

Onto the product- I think it would be best described as a light serum, not a gel exactly. It smells like flowers. It dries to a clear film. I don't know how much honey exactly is in there, so this isn't going to substitute for my honey masks, but then again, I don't think anything can substitute for a full on honey mask. It's not irritating at all, but it can make me feel a little tight because of how it dries as a film.

This is less irritating than juice beauty blemish clearing serum- which is a fairly gentle acne treatment to begin with but lately I haven't been using it on my face because it can sting if I've recently used the pretika brush. I still use the juice beauty blemish serum on my chest and shoulders, and I think I will continue using it on those acne prone areas, in rotation with the bbs acne gel and whatever oils and moisurizers I'm using. I still will repurchace the juice beauty blemish serum because it has different ingredients and works differently from the bbs gel, but I think the bbs gel is a better product overall with better ingredients and it's more cost effective, so I'll be using it more often.

There are a lot of things to like about best bath store. I like the generous samples with every order, which I haven't even used yet. I like that the minimum order requirement is 25$- it's a very reasonable number. We all hate paying for shipping (it's a mental thing more than anything else) but the companies that have order requirements of, say, 75$ for free shipping make me feel silly no matter what. If I only want to order 50$ worth of product, I feel silly paying for shipping. But! If I actually put an item in the cart that I don't need yet just to get the "free" shipping I feel even sillier. So it only annoyes me. I think "stocking up" on products isn't a great idea, especially with natural ingredients, so I hate it when I do this to "save on shipping".

Now onto the one negative about bbs. I read through the bbs mud mask thread and I think Justin, the CEO, came off badly in it. I think he overreacted and was more unpleasant and bellicose than he should have been in the situation. However! I am willing to overlook this gaffe because hey, no one's perfect and we all make mistakes and overreact sometimes. In general it looks like the bbs customer service is top notch, and I hope that this one instance I referred to was an exception.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been using it for a while and I still like it a lot, and it does help for acne. I'm not worried about it going bad because it looks like I'm using it up a good pace and I have it refrigerated most of the time anyway.

Now my question- how would you layer it? Today I tried layering it under a little oil. I applied the gel, then it dried then I applied the oil. That didn't work so well. Next I'll try using it over the oil. I hope I would still get the benefits from it using it in this way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Now my question- how would you layer it? Today I tried layering it under a little oil. I applied the gel, then it dried then I applied the oil. That didn't work so well. Next I'll try using it over the oil. I hope I would still get the benefits from it using it in this way.

What didn't work about it Nimue? I've been layering for awhile now with argan oil -- same thing where I wait about five minutes after applying the gel. I use the oil all over and do more spot treatments with the acne gel, so I guess it's not a full two layers... Right now I'm trying to fix a breakout after experimenting with Ole H. sheer transformation -- got it with in the vicinity of a possible zit and poof, zit! Not so helpful when I'm trying to get rid of post-acne marks!

But now I'm ranting -- back to you, what's up with the layering?

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
That's too bad about the breakout! I don't know what exactly is wrong with layering the oil over the serum, I'm just experimenting. I want to get the best benefit, so I'm just wandering which one would be best. Next time I'll try the oil under the serum and see if I like better. Mostly it's just that I'm not used to layering anything...

KBLang wrote:

What didn't work about it Nimue? I've been layering for awhile now with argan oil -- same thing where I wait about five minutes after applying the gel. I use the oil all over and do more spot treatments with the acne gel, so I guess it's not a full two layers... Right now I'm trying to fix a breakout after experimenting with Ole H. sheer transformation -- got it with in the vicinity of a possible zit and poof, zit! Not so helpful when I'm trying to get rid of post-acne marks!

But now I'm ranting -- back to you, what's up with the layering?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad this thread caught my eye. I just did a live chat and you can order 5 samples only (no other purchase required), you just pay shipping of $4.95. That sounds fair to me, I'm going to order samples now.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Had anyone had trouble with mold in the acne gel? I just a sample a few days ago (they arrived super fast!)and when I opened it this morning it had several tiny black dots. I really don't recall those dots when I first I got the sample. Does the gel normally have some black dots?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Mine has little dark (brown) specks in it too. It's totally normal. It's not mold. I'm actually most of the way through with it Shock because I use it so much, I really like it.

GirlieGirl wrote:
Had anyone had trouble with mold in the acne gel? I just a sample a few days ago (they arrived super fast!)and when I opened it this morning it had several tiny black dots. I really don't recall those dots when I first I got the sample. Does the gel normally have some black dots?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I thought maybe it was normal but then I read about someone having trouble with the eye cream and got a little nervous. thanks!
bestbathstore
5% products discount

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to reply publicly to all the private messages I've been getting.

Please use the contact form on our website www.BestBathStore.com for customer support, not Essential Day Spa's public forums or private messages. This is per the forum's TOS.

Thanks for all the support and if you have any questions, please contact us directly through the website.

- Justin

[Admin] Post has been edited to remove customer service/delivery comments
beautifulnightmare

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
hey, i was just wondering, how much is shipping really, when i want the free samples?? like i wanted to try a sample of the acne gel but everyone keeps saying they had to pay $20.00 for just shipping and handling! i live in WV so i don't know...would that apply to me?? can someone pleease tell me how much shipping and handling really is? thanks!!
Renata
5% products discount

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
beautifulnightmare, I placed an order for samples from Best Bath Store about a month ago. The cost for shipping five fairly generous sized samples was $6.95.
icyj
5% products discount

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to put my review on the BBS products and customer service!

Acne Bar Soap: First thing when i used this product as a sample it worked out great cleared up congestion skin and made my face cleaner. I went ahead and ordered the soap bars i was just mainly gonna order 4 bars and acne gel and i was still being charged shipping. I then put in more bars of soap and another acne gel. Shipping was still being charged so no free shipping to Canada regardless of order amount. So I went ahead and made a big order to stock up on the wonderful soap. I placed my order and i received a reply saying due to shortage of some youtube member ad this product is out of stock and is pending in shipment sequence. I was told it would take a couple days to a week to get my order. Okay, that is understandable. 2 weeks later no reply no package i emailed and was told they are still in process of making soaps and mine will be sent out shortly! 2 weeks later my package arrives. I was very happy it arrived. I opened up and the soaps were SOFT touching and mushy feeling i immediately emailed CSR to tell them about this I was told that someone made a mistake and took the fresher soaps or the ones that were still needing curing more were sent. But the soaps are still okay to use it'll be just faster to use them up i was told i could put them in a dry cool place for them to cure on their own. Okay fine with that, I didnt want to return as it was a big order and both sides would be at loss for shipping costs.

So after using the soaps for 2 weeks i noticed my skin breaking out more than usual i was thinking this was a purging process but how can it be when my sample didnt break me out at all. So now i'm on my 5th week and the soap is killing my skin. It's more red and breakout crazy i have about 10+ pimples in the upper lip area and it hurts so much. I'm also using the Acne Gel as a spot treatment, Unfortunately I cant use it all voer as it sort of stings and gives me a 2 min burning feeling on the skin which is weird! Also when i use the soap now it stings more than ever to lather it around my face.

I had to email again and got contacted by Justin CEO of the BBS. He told me this in the email:
It's impossible for our products to actually cause a breakout - it may be reacting with something else you are using or something else you've used in the past must still be on your skin. Our products are all natural and calm your skin, reduce redness, and eliminate pimples. If you haven't used any other products and you still think out products are causing your skin to break out it's more likely that pimples deep under the skin are finally breaking through and very soon your skin should be clear.

Well my skin routine before this was a natural line: Eminence which a friend purchased for me thru here worked great but didn't clear up completely i was hoping BBS would do the job, unfortunately NOT!

They won't take returns as it states but im, stating that i recevied defective soaps because it was going great with the sample i had and sample soap was cured fully as it wasnt soft or mushy! The sample lasted me a good 2 weeks. The bar full size lasted me 2 weeks as well!I could return with store credit i rather have this and order bath stuff!

I'm sort of pissed off because the CEO Justin is saying their products are not the culprit and its impossible for it to be. I'm sorry but i was only using your products at the time nothing else but my regular moisturizer and spf stuff i have been using for years without issues! It's basically saying theres no cons in my product everything is a POSITIVE!! I would definetly not order from them again with that attitude i do love their Dead Salt Scrub but really the service is awful when you have concerns to the product causing bad reactions!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |