Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
RAVE: Best Bath Store Organic Acne Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update:

I've been using it morning and night. Those clogged pores that where in the corner of my nose and on my chin are still there - Very very tiny. My cyst is no longer tender, still red, and the head is coming up. (I want to squeeze it so bad, but it's in such an awful spot. It only bothers me when I look at it, so I run past the mirrors.)

I have used the eye cream for two nights. It came in a similar container as the acne 'gel', but they didn't fill it up all the way. There's a pea sized glob in the middle... anyways... It feels firm, so I just glided my finger across it to get the smallest amount. It's creamy, and sormuimui's right it doesn't sink in all that well. After a hour or two, not sure, I felt it and it did eventually sink in. (I found PSF's Super Hydrating eye treatment never sunk in.) I couldn't imagine putting concealer on it right after application, it would all melt off. I will keep trying it over my PSF phyto-lift cranberry eye gel until I run out to see if it helps with my circles.

And as for the dead sea body bar, I really have nothing to compare it to. But, It felt like it went pretty fast.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
FYI, I emailed Justin, the owner, and told him just how much I'm enjoying his products. He emailed me back with a code for 15% off any order:
ilovebestbathstore

So, if anyone is going to order the acne serum, be sure to use the code, and be sure to ask for your 5 free samples!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Just a reminder that people don't make the mistake as I did (since manslayerliz just updated us with another code) - YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE COUPON CODE. So for any Canadians who are planning to order you can either use the code "canada" to minus $15 off your order to get the shipping back to $4.95 OR use other coupon codes and stick with your $19.95 shipping charge.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the samples and tried the acne serum and eye cream for a couple of times.

Overall, the serum works very well with the ZB range in terms of absorption. It doesn't leave too much of a taut film unless I mix lots of products together. I don't find any remarkable clear skin effects, but I tend to experience that from using acne products together with exfoliation and a drawing mask.

But I simply LOVE the texture of the eye cream - a thick cream that soaks into the skin and leaves no stickiness.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
where would you put the acne gel in with the zenbiotic routine? should i wait until after all the zb steps (cleanse, tone, o2, phyto) dry and then put this on top, or put it on after i cleanse and pat dry, then rewet with toner, o2 and phyto after the bbb gel? thanks!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
where would you put the acne gel in with the zenbiotic routine? should i wait until after all the zb steps (cleanse, tone, o2, phyto) dry and then put this on top, or put it on after i cleanse and pat dry, then rewet with toner, o2 and phyto after the bbb gel? thanks!

I think it's up to you, but when I use it I cleanse, tone, O2, let my skin dry, then use the BBS serum and then re-wet with O2 or whatever you've got and move on to the Phyto Moisture. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm loving this acne gel...I've stayed completely clear though my "time of the month" and that NEVER happens! (too bad it can't take care of the bloating and cramps Laughing now THERE'S a product! haha!)

I really like the acne facial bar too...I might score one of those for the summer...the really hot icky days.

The only thing I didn't like was the pore refining mask. It burned something fierce and left giant red patches on my face. Sad I don't have sensitive skin really at all, and this is one of the few products that is just too much for me. I can't really figure out which of the ingredients is doing it either.

I'm already making my plans to put in another order (but I'm forcing myself to do it after the holidays) and order more samples...I really want to try the toner, Dead Sea facial scrub, and some of their bath salts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
You guys are killing me Laughing I can't wait till my samples arrive!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:

I would apply the normal toner + moisturiser, but apply the gel while everything is still wet, that way it helps with penetration.

Sometimes I re wet with the toner after each product application, simply because it stops the product from leaving a taut trace on my skin.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I got my samples from BBS. My jury is still out on the acne serum, believe it or not. I like the toner a lot and the acne bar soap (I use it with my Clarisonic after my Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse in the evenings), but haven't yet tried the face scrub or mask (which I am now afraid of because of your gals' reviews!).

The acne serum did something weird with two zits I had that popped up and that I extracted. One on my cheek and one on my chin, right at that TOTM. I extracted them both and then applied the serum. Next morning I wake up and the one on my cheek is flat but has a really deep reddish brown scab on it, as does the one on my chin (which is not flat and still feels like there's stuff "in there" to be extracted). It looks almost like I've been burned on those two spots. I've used the serum 2 or 3 nights in a row and will not use it on my cheek tonight, but I want to see if it will clear up what's left in the pore on my chin.

Has anyone else had these weird burn-like scabs? Sad
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I found that the acne serum didn't do much for me. It lasted forever though. Two weeks! I still have some left over.

The eye cream..it's actually pretty good. I feel it firming up my eye area. It hasn't done anything for the dark area underneath my eyes though. I don't think that will ever go away.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Melasmaisew wrote:
I found that the acne serum didn't do much for me. It lasted forever though. Two weeks! I still have some left over.

The eye cream..it's actually pretty good. I feel it firming up my eye area. It hasn't done anything for the dark area underneath my eyes though. I don't think that will ever go away.

You should really try the DIY gelatine eye mask, so easy and cheap. I swear it works wonders for me. I also add 1 drop of honey to it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14446&highlight=gelatin

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm here to update and do a little comparison for you guys. I've been using the BBS Acne Gel consistently for 1.5 weeks now without using the Escents. It's a good week to test drive the product as it's also my TOTM where my hormones are acting up.

From manslayerliz's review I particularly focused this product on extractions thus I used this as a spot treatment after every extraction on top of using it 2x daily. I had a generous sample which would've lasted me much longer but I'm one to slather acne gel all over my face. Well I expected this to be better than my Escents but it really isn't. I went back to my Escents today (background I've been using it consistently for 3 months prior to BBS) and I did notice a difference. Escents calmed my inflammation and redness a quicker than the BBS. I found that the BBS doesn't do much for my redness AT ALL even when using it AFTER my Yonka EP. After a good night's sleep the previous night's extractions were still red. With my Escents usually they are a much more subsided red rather than angry looking red. I did think that the BBS lessened the inflammation but in general my Escents work faster in this respect.

With regards to active acne - I can't say I can tell a difference between the two serums because they both work slowly. However I must say that I did use the BBS a LOT more generously and a lot more often than my Escents. I'm a bit stingy on my Escents when it comes to spot treating throughout the day as I use it up way too quickly just by applying AM and PM. So in this respect I might conclude that I prefer my Escents. I also wan to say that both these products work in very different ways whether they have similar results or not. I can't pinpoint how they work in different ways but that's how my skin feels. It's sort of like where you have a pimple and one gel brings it to head while the other makes it smaller. I'm not saying this is exactly how these to work but just my point of how they both seem to work but in different ways. I think this is the reason why the Escents is more effective on my skin while the BBS is more effective on manslayerliz's skin. Also I found that doubling them up and using them together makes no difference whatsoever than when using either alone.

With regards to texture, well my Escents wins by far. BBS as I have said in my previous first impression that it leaves a taut film behind (whether I layered products before or not). However this subsides after a while and I found this much less so the longer I have been using it. By the end of the 1.5 weeks I no longer feel this film unless I slather way too much on. However I still find this more drying than my Escents. I think this film might be due to the fact that it's aloe based versus the comfrey gel base in Escents. Aloe supposedly tightens/firms the skin as an immediate effect which is probably what I experience from the BBS. However I seem to like using the BBS in the AM - it seems to work better for me that way. I think it's due to this film that it keeps bacteria/dust out of my skin while healing it. I found that my skin felt cleaner after a whole day of makeup with the BBS than with the Escents. I still prefer my Escents in the PM for results.

Thus this is the way I plan to use my BBS acne gel when my order arrives alternating them AM and PM. Also this way my skin won't get used to one acne gel and I won't be using up my Escents as quickly. It's inexpensive but a jar/month really adds up.
But in conclusion - I definitely prefer my Escents over BBS.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review sormuimui, I have stopped applying the BBS AS all over my face and really only use it to treat a blemish I have extracted as well, for this I think it works really well, especially in the AM when you need to treat, put on MU and go.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well I ordered my samples right after I read this post, I got the acne serum, a shampoo sample, leave-in hair conditioner, and two types of bath bars. I tried the acne serum on a spot on my chin that started out sore last week. I used a castor oil/lavendar essential oil on it plus some sulphur mask as a spot-treatment, so it stayed in a pimple-but-not-cyst stage, easy to cover up. But it wouldn't come to a head. I started using the acne serum three nights ago and it's come to a head ... yippee! I have an extraction planned with this one tonight. I also put the gel on another spot last night, it's not a pimple but more a slightly raised pinhead sized spot that I've had for years that occasionally gets reddish looking. It calmed that baby right down.

The leave-in hair conditioner is kind of weird, almost feels like a whipped shea butter and I put just a tiny bit on the wet hair ends with my fingers, it's very tacky, but didn't seem to dry sticky or globby.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered this based on the rave reviews... and I have to say I'm a fan. My chest was randomly breaking out--my face was fine and even my back was fine, so I have no idea what was going on.

After a few days of using the BBS acne serum it's almost completely clear!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Finally got my order! Must rave about the CS Very Happy As I mentioned before, I received a sample of eye cream and acen gel completely free of charge, even without paying for shipping, because the website for Canadian orders was messed up at the time I ordered. Nice!

I applied the acne gel today and I must say that my face is the perfect tester right now because it has about 8 active pimples scattered across my face due to exam stress (finally done today!!) Don't know if I should cry due to this horror or gleefully look forward to trying this gel..Hmmmm

This is an immediate review of the acne gel since I've only had it on my face for about 5 hours. I washed my face and slathered this stuff on. Smells very antiseptic Laughing The immediate effect was this face cringing dryness! I think sormuimui mentioned it before. The only thing I can compare it to is the dryness I felt after using Dermalogica special cleansing gel but even more dry. More like a clay mask sucking the life out of your face! Slightly unpleasant but immediately soothed with moisturizer so not a biggie, especially if this stuff works!

The eye cream is definitely a pleasant surprise. I am not looking for an eyecream because I am quite content with PSF's hydrating eye cream. But in compairson, the PSF eye cream is more liquidy but goes on more greasy and takes much longer to sink in. The BBS version, however, seemed very creamy but sunk in faster. My eye feels perhaps slightly more hydrated with the BBs version. Oh bother! Nononono, must resist! I prooooooomised myself I would finish the PSF version before venturing out to new finds oh dear... Better give this cream to mother dearest before it lures me away from my 15ml of PSF!!

I will update in a few days on the action of the acne gel. It has a big battle ahead. 8 pimples, go!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Just ordered 5 samples after reading the rave reviews. I'm mostly interested in the acne treatment gel, but it will be good to try the other products too...
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I am really enjoying reading about BBS's products. I've GOTTA try 'em! Wink

I was wondering if one of you wonderful ladies who have communicated with Justin via email could email him and ask him if he uses active manuka honey in his acne serum. When Liz alerted me to this product and the fact that it contains manuka honey I did some research on it and found that it's better to use "active" manuka honey (i.e., one that has an UMF (Unique Manuka Factor) rating). (Apparantly, better quality manuka honey that is active has the best anti-bacterial activity). Maybe it's not better... that any kind of manuka honey is beneficial. Maybe Justin knows something about it? I am curious to know his opinion. Do any of you know anything about active manuka honey?

The reason I need for you guys to email him for me is that I think you have a really good chance that we will respond to you and tell you his honest opinion on it. I tried emailing the company from their website several weeks ago about this but never received a response.

If any of you do not want to email him, that's fine, I understand. I just thought I would at least ask. Smile

It's explained here http://www.manukahoney.co.uk/ and http://www.manukahoney.co.uk/therapeuticuses.html. Interestingly, I still have not received a response after almost a week....I wonder if its because they do not want to admit that they do not use an active manuka honey? Otherwise, why wouldn't they respond? Do you think it's imperative to use an active manuka honey? I would think that it would be....

I'm going to order samples anyway and esp of the acne serum.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
annak212nyc
5% products discount

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz thank you so much for this post! This gel has honestly changed my life! My skin was never too bad even growing up but during my period I usually break out all over really badly. I'm finally clear all month! I can not say enough good things about this product. The bottle is huge too it will probably last me a few months!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love it when a company offers sample kits/sizes. Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I know, tell me about it! I was really skeptical at first as I've tried thousands of products that either did nothing, make me break out more, or cleared the skin but left it red... this stuff is great!!! I really recomend everyone to get the samples first before ordering because you can try 5 things for $5.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, just ordered my samples. 5 samples for $4.95 which is shipping is awesome!

Acne Treatment Gel, Intensive Under Eye Treatment, Dead Sea Facial Scrub, Pore Refining Facial Mask, Pore Refining Facial Toner.

Can't wait to get these!

5% products discount

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
You'll have to tell me what you think of the scrub and the toner as I haven't tired those yet but the acne gel, under eye cream, and mask are awesome! The mask stings a bit at first but gets all the blackheads out off the tip of my nose. I'm awaiting your review!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
bestbathstore wrote:
Amnis,

Sorry I never got your email or I would have responded right away as anyone in this forum would tell you!

We only use active Manuka Honey and you are correct about it's anti-bacterial properties.

we look forward to having you as a life-long customer. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Justin Gomolka
CEO and CIO
Best Bath Store, LLC

Hi Justin! Thanks for replying! Wasn't expecting that... Wink And thank you for clarifying about the manuka honey you use. I appreciate that. I think that it's amazing that honey can have anti-baterial properties.

I haven't had a chance to order samples yet but it's on my list of things to do in the next few days. I can't wait to try them! I think I will be submitting an order for the ance serum, under eye treatment, shea butter lotion, pore refining mask, and shampoo (or the conditioner... I can't decide!)

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |