Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
RAVE: Best Bath Store Organic Acne Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I love it when a company offers sample kits/sizes. Very Happy

Ditto Smile

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am back to report as promised. My conclusions are...inconclusive Confused

The next day after I used it, I noticed that 5/8 of the pimples were reduced while the other 3 were inflamed. By the third day, the five were pretty much gone but the other three were still hanging on quite while, not getting any worse or any better. It's been a week now and I can say that the original 8 had been eliminated really well; HOWEVER, I have been sprouting pimples elsewhere!! Now I still have 3-4 major pimples and other slightly inflamed spots. It seems that this acne gel works excellent for minor to medium pimples, but not so effective for major or super inflamed ones. So now I am at a crossroad and I don't know if my new pimples are because of a reaction to the acne gel or is it purging. Anyone has any ideas/experiences? I am almost running out and don't know if I should buy another bottle.

The eye cream is still amazing. I kept on putting it off to give to my mom so I think I will just finish the sample myself Bad Grin Very generous sample. Thanks Justin!

5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin,

Don't forget the pimple you see on your face started under the skin 2 weeks ago.

Although pimples will start clearing up right away most people need 4 to 6 weeks to fully clear up but then remain clear with continued use.

For acne treatment a good multivitamin, exercise, plenty of water, and sleep assist the best in your defense against pimples!

Any questions, please let me know!

- Justin
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
bestbathstore wrote:
poofybabypenguin,

Don't forget the pimple you see on your face started under the skin 2 weeks ago.

2 weeks? Surprised I didn't realize that.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
bestbathstore wrote:
poofybabypenguin,

2 weeks? Surprised I didn't realize that.

Yep! You should also expect to wait for about three weeks to see the most improvement(especially with acne treatments).

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'll trust Justin on the 2 weeks mark Smile I don't think it's this acne gel that has sprouted the 3 new gigantic pimples because the rest of my face does not have any reactions. I am loving this acne gel. Again, it is great for mild to moderate pimples. But it is having trouble combating my super stressed out pimples. I am going to continue the acne gel on two of them and try Yonka emulsion pure on the 3rd. I am definitely going to get a bottle as it does give fast results, but I will need something else for those rare volcanic ones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
The bad news: after weeks of clear skin, I finally got a large-ish blemish.

The good news: I extracted it and then doused it with BBS toner, Zenbiotic O2, and BBS acne serum and went to bed, and this morning it was healed so much that it was like the breakout never even happened, yay!!

BTW, I got a new BBS code in my inbox this morning--- for 15% any order in January, enter the code "2007".

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for that code Liz!!! I was just about to put in an order!

xoxo!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
i hate to be the one naysayer, but i tried the acne serum for about a week and am not such a fan. it didn't seem to really help much with the blemishes i already had, and if anything, i seemed to develop more blemishes than before. i'd say this might be purging, but i've been on zb products for over a month and haven't touched makeup, so how much purging could my skin still have to do? also, even with just applying a dab right after my zb toner, o2, and phyto (i.e. a really moist face), i still felt my face was pretty tight. and, if i just tried to spot treat it got too white and flaky. i think i'll just stick with the emulsion pure, which is amazing at healing blemishes as well as red marks - despite it's thin texture i use it almost like a serum/treatment for breakout prone areas, and it seems to work really well that way . . .
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure this is a great product and the customer service is definitely one of the best out there but I can't say I agree with your remark:
Quote:
There are many causes to acne and if our acne treatment gel does not clear up your skin fully within 4 to 6 weeks then no topical treatment will. I can guarantee it.

I've used it consistently for 3-4 weeks now and NO I am not clear, I still get break outs here and there but it has helped a bit with my little fleshy bumps of congestion. However those bumps are still there and helping a bit means I get less but I do get them and I don't believe no topical will help me at all. Like I said in an above comparison Escents works much better for me as a topical for existing acne and I still stand by it after using my full size BBS for almost a month. Some products work better for some and less so for others, I don't think anyone can guarantee their product to be a miracle worker and can rid acne completely in 4-6 weeks.

Also I wonder if some of the other users like manslayerliz stopped using their other products like Epidermx or Zenbiotic whether they'll still get the wonderful results they are getting with the acne serum by itself.
bestbathstore
5% products discount

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui,

The problem is that in the real world there are many more factors that lead to acne than what is on top pf the skin. In fact the most powerful acne treatment solution is Accutaine, which is purely an internal solution.

The active manuka honey in our gel will beat tea tree oil everytime. Many clinical studies have proved this.

I'm not trying to put down another product which may also be great - I'm just pointing out that we have done a lot of research as well as testing and have come to some conclusions, guided by doctor's inputs.

I could never guarantee that any topical treatment could clear you 100% all the time but i can say that if using our acne treatment gel twice a day (morning and night) for 6 weeks straight, along with washing daily with a facecloth and you still have acne it's not caused by an external facor and no topical treatment will get you 100% clear forever.

**moderated to remove promotional content**
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the offer, but I still have a lot of cleansers to be using up. I also have been using the Acne Facial bar these past few weeks, though not consistently but I'm not sure if it does anything for my acne. It does gives me a nice tingly feeling and has a nice lemony scent. It also works well with my Clarisonic so I'll decide whether or not to repurchase when I've used it up. At this point though I think there are other existing cleansers I prefer more or others that I am lemming more.

I think with the Escents it's more than the Lavendar as it doesn't work as well when I use straight Lavendar oil on my acne. I don't know what it is, but it seems to work well for me although it's not too effective in preventative measures. You're right now my acne is hormonal but although there is very little chance of finding something that will clear my acne 100% I am sure I'll find something that does clears me up somewhat in a combination of products.

I'm not trying to put down your product, I did buy the full size myself, I just didn't find it as remarkable as you claim it to be. I'm sure it works wonderfully for a lot of people but it hasn't worked any miracles on me. I do like it as a preventative and would at this point repurchase as it's a cheaper alternative to my Escents which I will always still continue to use.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
bestbathstore I am glad that you have brought up the point about pimples taking weeks to develop because I feel that this is something that is often misunderstood. I do however have to agree with sormuimui that this product is not going to work for everyone. Even when it comes to prescription topicals there is not a one size fits all topical that will "cure" acne. Anyone who has dealt with acne knows that it is a matter of trial and way too much error to find a treatment plan that will keep their acne under control. This applies to both prescription and non-prescription acne treatments. And it usually involves using more than one topical. Just look at manslayerliz who is a big fan of your product. She has an acne treatment plan and has gotten her acne under control with a combination of products and not just your product. I really don't see how you can guarantee that your product will work and that if it doesn't then nothing else will work. I am sure that we can find plenty of people that did not see their acne improve enough with your product who then went on to use another topical and had great success. I do agree that nothing will work 100% but the goal is to get acne under control to the point where it is not a concern. I just totally object to your claim that if your product can't get someone's acne under control then no topical will. That being said I don't want to give the impression that I think your product is worthless I just want to counter what I see as an unrealistic claim. It seems that some members have had great success with the product so IMO it might be worth a try either by itself or in addition to other topicals.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui, I got a friend from Vancouver to bring me some Escents. I want to see how these two products compare as well! Hopefully I do not have to stick with the more expensive Emulsion pure or juvenil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
bestbathstore I am glad that you have brought up the point about pimples taking weeks to develop because I feel that this is something that is often misunderstood.

I have heard this time and time again...I agree that it is misunderstood as well. Those of us that try something once, wake up the next morning saying "it made me break out" are probably jumping the gun when it comes to figuring out if a new product was truly the culprit. When it could be helping clear up the gunk hidden under the skin, we think it's making things worse.

I had completely forgotten that many years ago my derm told me the pimples I see now started a few weeks ago! I myself need to keep this in mind!

That's why I try to give a product at least a month, like DHCC. I used it every day, until the tube was gone...and it just didn't work for me. I suppose had I kept going it might be different, but I didn't have it in me to spend the money to buy another tube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
i understand that blemishes often take time to develop - sometimes even up to 4 weeks. that said, i also think that you can have a relatively quick reaction to a product as well. either way, my skin seems to heal much more quickly from emulsion pure than the bbb acne gel - i can see a reduction in size and redness overnight, which just isn't true with the bbb.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
hi, everyone.

I have been using the acne gel for awhile, still. NOT morning AND night. Just in the morning. The clogged pores around my nose creases and my chin crease are still there. I will try to use the gel both am and pm to see if it helps (I just wasn't sure if my retinol was sinking in so I quit the evenings).

I also have to say, I added Decleor Essential Balm to my routine (two weeks around that TOTM), and ylang-ylang oil in the am.

For awhile I was using Zenbiotic cleaser in the am and pm. I quit the Zenbiotic cleanser because (I'm assuming) when I switched to PSF Papaya my face erupted including my forehead (which I never had gotten volcanic pimples before). I was expecting a reaction, but not that huge. BBS gel helped them calm down, and go away faster. It was not instantaneous as hoped for.

AND... by the way... I LOVE the Intensive Undereye cream. I wear contacts, and figured I might as well prepare for the future. Eye problems that I have are circles and the occasional puffiness - from lack of sleep. Should I be putting this stuff all around my eyes? 'Cause I did.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
sormuimui, I got a friend from Vancouver to bring me some Escents. I want to see how these two products compare as well! Hopefully I do not have to stick with the more expensive Emulsion pure or juvenil.

That sounds great - I think I use EP the most though I'm using Carrie's version at the moment. Juvenil - I went through 1 bottle and it constantly made me purge so it's not on my repurchase list. I hope the Escents will work for you - not miraculous but seems to help more so than the BBS for me - you can also make it stronger by adding more Lavendar/TTO yourself because it's in a comfrey gel base. Escents also sells the base by itself for DIYers to make their own skin care. I think I might try adding 2-3 drops into mine and see whether it works better that way!
bestbathstore
5% products discount

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
zumlya,

Regarding:

Quote:
Should I be putting this stuff all around my eyes? 'Cause I did.

There is nothing in there that could hurt your eyes but if you get it in your eyes the caffeine could cause your eyes to water, it's your choice. I personally use it all over my eyes light in the morning and heavy at night. I really massage it in then put a light second layer over the bags under the eyes. What works best for me is to rub under the eyes very well upon getting out of the shower in the morning, then putting ice under the eyes, dry the eyes and then apply the cream. I use the ice only once a week as it's not needed every day.

Quote:
The clogged pores around my nose creases and my chin crease are still there. I will try to use the gel both am and pm to see if it helps (I just wasn't sure if my retinol was sinking in so I quit the evenings).

You should use the dead sea facial scrub with as warm water as you can stand to unclog the pores.

**moderated to remove promotional/customer material**
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:31 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
The good news: I extracted it and then doused it with BBS toner, Zenbiotic O2, and BBS acne serum and went to bed, and this morning it was healed so much that it was like the breakout never even happened, yay!!

Yes, that is certainly good news Smile. I hope the BBS acne serum works this well for me. I think my order of samples just got sent out today... can't wait. It's so good to hear that your skin has cleared up so much with your regime. It gives me hope! Wink Btw, does the BBS acne serum help at all with calming down Tazorac induced irritation/peeling? Perhaps, does the acne serum help prevent the peeling that can occur directly around a pimple?

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

Yes, that is certainly good news Smile. I hope the BBS acne serum works this well for me. I think my order of samples just got sent out today... can't wait. It's so good to hear that your skin has cleared up so much with your regime. It gives me hope! Wink Btw, does the BBS acne serum help at all with calming down Tazorac induced irritation/peeling? Perhaps, does the acne serum help prevent the peeling that can occur directly around a pimple?

Well, yes and no. It definitely helps prevent the dreaded peeling around the pimple, although I suspect that the reason for that is because it's so much more gentle than the harsh BP creams I used to use. To be honest I think the acne creams that dry out my skin just do more harm than good, so I'm glad I found the BBS serum instead.

As for the peeling caused by the Taz, in my experience the only remedy for that is still a really good moisturizer. HTH, and let us know how you like your BBS samples!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm I got my sample a few days ago and used it a couple of times on my spots, but I think it actually inflmed them more... They have definitely not gotten better. Now I'm not putting any special treatment on them and just using my regular skincare and they seem to be getting better. Maybe I did something wrong or didn't use it for long enough...
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
bestbathstore wrote:
Liz, have you tried our lotion yet? If not I'll have some samples shipped out to you today!

- Justin

Hi Justin, thanks for the offer! Actually I recently ordered a full-size bottle of the BBS lotion--- I love it! It totally saved my hands back in December when we had a cold snap here in Cleveland and they were all red and chapped. Also, my husband loves using it because it can use it on both his face and body without any clogged pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
bestbathstore wrote:
Liz, have you tried our lotion yet? If not I'll have some samples shipped out to you today!

- Justin

Hi Justin, thanks for the offer! Actually I recently ordered a full-size bottle of the BBS lotion--- I love it! It totally saved my hands back in December when we had a cold snap here in Cleveland and they were all red and chapped. Also, my husband loves using it because it can use it on both his face and body without any clogged pores.

Hey Liz Smile. Is the BBS lotion greasy at all? Also, does it have a noticeable scent? I guess I will find out soon enough with my sample order... (I think I ordered a sample of this...). Good to know that it doesn't clog pores. I have always been weary about applying body lotion on my upper back and upper chest for fear of clogged pores and breakouts as a result. I also like the idea that it can be used on the face with out any problems. My dad, even though he is in his 60s, has oily skin so never applies lotion to his face. I want to try to get him to use something as his skin is like leather and is so wrinkled. But Mr. Simple has to maintain a simple regime otherwise he won't try new things so if he has a lotion he uses for his hands he might apply it to his face too while he's at it. I think I've succeeded in making him wear a hat more often when he's outdoors to protect his skin so I might just succeed in getting him to moisturize. Wink

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
bestbathstore wrote:

- Justin

Hey Liz Smile. Is the BBS lotion greasy at all? Also, does it have a noticeable scent? I guess I will find out soon enough with my sample order... (I think I ordered a sample of this...). Good to know that it doesn't clog pores. I have always been weary about applying body lotion on my upper back and upper chest for fear of clogged pores and breakouts as a result. I also like the idea that it can be used on the face with out any problems. My dad, even though he is in his 60s, has oily skin so never applies lotion to his face. I want to try to get him to use something as his skin is like leather and is so wrinkled. But Mr. Simple has to maintain a simple regime otherwise he won't try new things so if he has a lotion he uses for his hands he might apply it to his face too while he's at it. I think I've succeeded in making him wear a hat more often when he's outdoors to protect his skin so I might just succeed in getting him to moisturize. Wink

Hi Amnis! This is a great product for DH (he wrote the book on low-maintenance, LOL), so I think it would be good for your dad too. It's unfragranced so it doesn't have any noticeable scent, however, it does smell ever-so-faintly of some kind of plant oil--- jojoba, maybe? It's quite innocuous and guy-friendly, though. The texture is non-greasy and it sinks in quickly. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it!^_^

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |