Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE: Best Bath Store Organic Acne Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
holy crap liz, I think we're the same person. Just looking at your sig under your posts, we are the same age, coloring, everything, and I also am on taz but still break out every so often. Since we are in fact the same person, I am going to order this because if you like it I must too.
Ok I'm being a weirdo, but oh well. Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
holy crap liz, I think we're the same person. Just looking at your sig under your posts, we are the same age, coloring, everything, and I also am on taz but still break out every so often. Since we are in fact the same person, I am going to order this because if you like it I must too.
Ok I'm being a weirdo, but oh well. Laughing

I love it!!! Another pair of twins separated at birth, at long last reunited by EDS. What a great board! Surprised If only you lived in the Cleveland area, imagine the trouble we could cause... Bad Grin (PS- Let me know what you think of the serum! That stuff is liquid gold, IMO!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
OMG! I finally got my samples yesterday. I can't believe how well this works! I received a sample of their acne facial bar as well and did try that before I used the serum, so tonight I'll try just the serum...but WOW!

I had two areas of breakouts on either side of my forehead (my usual spot right before "that time of the month"). Yesterday I could tell it was going to get worse over the next few days because...well..that's what happens. But I used the serum and this morning my breakout areas are almost non-existent!!!!
I used it under my makeup this morning and I love that it doesn't make me shiny like some acne serums.

My sample wasn't as full as 1/4oz. But if it works over the next few days I'm going to order a full size in hopes it gets to me before I leave on vacation.
This is SOO much better than Juice Beauty.

I already have a cleanser from 100% Pure on the way, so I'm not sure if I'd do the acne facial bar, plus I'm not crazy about bar cleansers. I might save my sample and take it with me on vacation.
I also got the pore refining mask.

Thanks SOOO much for this manslayerliz!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I already have a cleanser from 100% Pure on the way, so I'm not sure if I'd do the acne facial bar, plus I'm not crazy about bar cleansers.

I don't like bars very much either, but I REALLY love this one with my Clarisonic (which, after two weeks, is itself probably the greatest investment I've ever made).
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Yay! You're welcome Paris! I'm glad you like this stuff too. After I tried it, the first thing I thought of was "I have to tell the EDS ladies!"

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Just a little update, I offically LOVE this eyecream! It may be the best I have ever used. Everytime I put it on Im scared that its going to be uber heavy but before I know it the cream has sunk in completely! Wonderful! My eyes look moisturized and rested, never greasy or waxy. I use it AM and PM above and below eyes.

Im also loving the Acne serum. No new breakouts so far and my skin is looking really clear(along with other things Im using)and fresh. I only use this at night currently b/c I want to stretch my sample as far as possible, cant wait till I get my full size.

Im also eyeballin' the toner, its ingred. list looks amazing, exacly what I was searching for. I wanted a toner that could double as a facial spray to set makeup and/or refresh skin. Cant wait to get this too! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered my full size Acne Gel.

Sooo excited. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I received my acne serum sample yesterday, along with the eye cream and dead sea body bar. Unfortunately, the serum didn't instantly clear me up, I still have these clogged pores around the lines of my nose and my chin area. And, it looks like I have blackheads (Although I fell asleep before I could put the Berry Benefical on (to moisturize), so this might be why).

I'm not going to give up on the serum. I ran out of ISC Active about a month ago, and tried going back to Murad exfol acne gel for a week (yuck!) so I haven't been using anything to combat acne since then.

Here's what I'm doing:
am
Zenbiotic cleanser - sample (does this remove SS for you? I'm not sure If I am getting it all off)
Zenbiotic O2
PSF Emergency Vit C 12% - sample (wait 15-20 min)
PSF Cranberry-phyto eye lift
PSF Berry Beneficial -sample (wait 5)
PTR light SS - sample (leaves me greasy; I have issues with SS)

pm
Zen cleanser or ISC deep cleanser (If I wear SS. Most of the time I'm in the house)
Zen O2 (wait 5)
PSF retinal 5% (wait 30)
BBS Acne serum
PSF cran eye
zzzz.... I fell asleep, but it would be PSF BB and PSF moisturizing night treatment if I feel dry

Also I haven't been doing any acne masks for 2 weeks, but my PSF shipment (gel cleanser (which I might return it for Zen's cleanser), R&R toner, pumpkin and acne masks) should be here today (crosses fingers).

Where should I fit this serum in in the morning? or should I stick to the night treatment?

I'm still trying to get a stable routine down... I was on strictly Proactive when I saw Philosophy's Make-up optional infomercial and thought to myself ... Is that really possible?! I used their Acne kit, then tried Murad system... with no avail! I jumped on the net and discovered EDS forum. I've been into make-up and skincare since, and feel 110% percent better about myself. Thanks to you guys for your help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zumlya! wave

To answer your question I would use the acne serum AM and PM, after washing and toning(if you do)before moisture or SS. Hope that helps you!

zumlya wrote:

PTR light SS - sample (leaves me greasy; I have issues with SS)

I tried the PTR SS too...ew, to say the least. I looked like a huge greasy pore, not very pretty. I finally broke down and ordered the Sofina Nuance up. Its the best SS I have EVER tried. It leaves you matte and makes a great makeup primer. FYI, I have oily acne prone skin.

http://www.bobodave.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=134

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
zumlya-- I agree with vonstella--- I think it would be a good idea to use the acne serum after O2 but before moisturizer. Good luck, and keep us updated!

vonstella--- isn't the eye cream AWESOME!!! I ordered a sample of it on a whim, not really expecting to like it, but I couldn't believe how nice it was. It really does sink right in, and it doesn't cause my mascara to run either! (A lot of the time eye creams will do that to me when they are too greasy.) Not a single milia yet either! Very Happy

Also, I HIGHLY recommend the toner. One of the main ingredients is kombucha, this fermented chinese tea that contains all these amino acids and is supposedly very hydrating. I've been loving it, esp. since the weather got cold.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz--Great! Im so glad you have tried the toner, I wasnt sure if I would love it but the price is so right I was gonna go for it anyway. Im so excited now! Yea! Laughing Cool

poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Oh I really want to try the BBS acne gel, but shipping to Canada is $20! A little too ridiculous for a free sample Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin, have you tried contacting customer service? Justin, the owner, is very reasonable, so I think he would give you a discount on shipping, esp. if it's just for samples! If that doesn't work, you can always have your samples shipped to me and then I'd gladly send them along for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
well, I put the 'gel' after this post, and when I went back to do the Vit C they had almost completely disappeared. I had to get up real close to the mirror to see them. That's great! I think I didn't shake it last night or maybe I didn't put enough on.. idk. My nose pores look so good.

hi von, thanks for the link. I have been trying use up this PTR SS before I buy something else, I have been researching all the reviews lately this stuff definately sounds like a good product for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
Oh I really want to try the BBS acne gel, but shipping to Canada is $20! A little too ridiculous for a free sample Sad

Are you sure? I only paid 2$ shipping for mine and got them today. Basically the samples all cost the same, you just fill out the form and input your address and they will send it to you. I live in Vancouver.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
poofybabypenguin wrote:

Are you sure? I only paid 2$ shipping for mine and got them today. Basically the samples all cost the same, you just fill out the form and input your address and they will send it to you. I live in Vancouver.

oh really? how odd! The samples were free and the shipping was a flat $4 something, but when I clicked on 'proceed to checkout' the shipping changed to $19.95. And then I Live Chatted with a CS personnel, who told me $19.95 is company policy Sad

However, I followed liz's advice and emailed Justin, who replied within an hour. He's ever so kind and are sending me samples for free!!

Can't wait to get the acne gel. I'm already super impressed with the service!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
That's odd. I meant that the shipping of samples are the same. I tried proceeding to check out with some things in my cart just now and the shipping cost didn't change for me (my address is saved). And I certainly don't see the company policy anywhere regarding international shipping charges. Confused I don't understand why they would charge you $20 for the samples, the postage on my envelope says $1.15 so there's really no need to charge extra postage.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
After one full day of test-driving the samples (I only ordered 3) I am now giving my first impression:

Intensive Eye Cream
It's too rich for me. I used it 2x once in the AM and once in the PM both times very sparingly (used even less in the PM). However after hours it didn't fully sink in and I found that it left my eye area more oily during the day. I do not plan to keep testing it out, in all aspects (texture, absorbtion, effectiveness) I prefer Skincubed. I also saw no immediate effects and am not willing to test drive it more in case my tiny eye bumps get worse. However this would work as a good moisturizer for those with dry skin around their eyes.

Pore Refining Mask
Ok, I really hoped this would work but this STUNG LIKE HELL!!! I noticed the stinging immediately upon application - I stuck with it and did a full face mask. Left it on for 30 minutes (I was doing something else). It stopped stinging after a while as it started to dry but when I washed it off - OUCH it stung again. I did noticed my pores smaller and face cleaner but I can't get past the stinging. It didn't leave my face red or irritated so I'm not sure why it stung so badly. I'm guessing my skin doesn't like Willow Bark (my skin never liked salicylic acid). The smell isn't pleasant either but scent is pretty low on my list when it comes to skincare. I am not willing to try this mask again.

Acne Gel
This should not be called a gel as it is basically liquid. I am going to purchase the full size since it's fairly inexpensive and would work well alternating with my Escents. I haven't used this long enough to say which I like better but this seems to work well with extractions - not sure how good it is with active acne though. On first impression I do like my Escents better mainly because the BBS leaves my skin feeling a bit tight immediately after application (even if I only apply a thin layer). I need to apply a thicker layer of my moisturizer afterward to get my skin comfortable again. Escents does not give me this problem - sometimes I even go without moisturizer on top. Escents also smells better. However I think BBS heals better than the Escents and Escents works better on active acne/congestion. BBS is still a good thing to have on hand though as I go through the Escents too fast. So I will purchase as a preventative treatment and sometimes to layer or alternate with the Escents. Oh and I forgot to mention I haven't noticed any brown specks with the acne gel yet!

I am hoping to try their body bars and hair care. Also going to grab a sample of their toner. If anyone has tried any other of their body/hair products I'd love some feedback. TIA[/b]
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I received the acne gel sample and tried it for a week. I had major hormonal acne this time around and the gel worked better than anything I have tried in the past. My cystic acne and regular acne have gone down faster than usual. I'll have to buy a regular size and keep this on hand for when I need it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
hi sormuimui, I was about to order a full sized bottle, when I saw your post comparing it to Escents. I couldn't remember reading about this, so I found your review. What do you think that's in Escents b'gone gel that helps your cysts? I am trying to stick to natural or basic ingredients, because it's cheap, and I don't know what's clogging my pores. All the ingr. in Escents b'gone kind of scares me.

I have found that this BBS gel works great for whiteheads and blackheads. It must be put directly on your skin for most effectiveness, I think it was the extra ingredients in PSF's retinal that inhibited the BBS gel, for me. I had one big cyst under my cheek near my nose. This definately has not got the 'plug out'. I haven't treated it with anything, only used my normal/current routine. It has gone down considerably. But, it is still tender and red.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin: I finally know what you mean with the extra shipping. However Justin told me they are working on making Canadian shipping a flat rate of 7.95 but have not inputted it onto the website yet. You can get $15 dollars off by putting in "canada" in the coupon code box so you will then be paying the 4.95 flat rate shipping until they fix the shipping rates. But you can only input ONE coupon at a time - I tried to use my 15% off first order coupon that came with my samples and it didn't work so Justin told me to use the coupon next time as there is no expiry date and is sending me 2 full size soaps for FREE to make up for it! Shock Shock Shock I really can't believe how great the customer service is - I just wish more of their products will work for me and hopefully they will add more to their lineup!

zumlya: If the BBS is working well for you I think you should stick with it. I think lavendar works very well for my skin so for me the Escents seems to be better and it's not as drying as the BBS. However as I mentioned in another thread I go through the Escents 1 jar/month so even though it's not expensive it does add up. The arnica and comfrey in the Escents also really helps calm my skin down after extractions - honestly after using the BBS today I can't see a difference in healing abilities but will have to update as I just ordered the full size BBS. The BBS is so inexpensive that I think you should just go for it. If you want to try the Escents you can still try a jar and as everyone's skin is different. Manslayerliz finds the BBS much more effective and I the opposite but both are pretty inexpensive products. And honestly for cysts I like to spot treat them with a mask overnight - something like Proactiv Refining, PSF Acne Mud - something with sulfur works well for me. However Escents works in not bringing it to head but gradually making it smaller and smaller until it's not there anymore. HTH
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Y'all are killing me - I just bought the JB Blemish Serum after reading glowing reviews now I hear about THIS! Rolling Eyes Wink
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
This stuff does really work. It's been keeping my pimple from becoming cystic. I haven't been using the JB blemish or apple mask, it's just sitting there.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I've ordered 5 samples from them, including the acne gel, face mask, and toner. The toner ingredients (in fact the ingredients of all this stuff) looked so good, I had to try it. Can't wait for my samples. And Justin is a CS dream - I wrote an e-mail to them asking to change shipping to my work vs. home, and he answered right back. Yay!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny7475 wrote:
Y'all are killing me - I just bought the JB Blemish Serum after reading glowing reviews now I hear about THIS! Rolling Eyes Wink

I've been using the JB Blemish serum, about half way through the bottle, and then I discovered the BBS gel...LOVE IT. My JB is going on hiatus now. Nothing has ever works as fast as BBS...unbelievable. For the first time in years I'm CLEAR during my period!!!!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |