Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Is it wrong to be single.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I guess it is liberal Skincare. I was referring more to small towns in Asia, though you get some pressure in liberal places it's easier to say no and you want to find the right person etc.

I went through a bad phase in my early thirties too with everyone pressuring me to be normal and settle down so I gave in and did it and never been more miserable Laughing There's a great book on this subject called 'Solitude' by Anthony Storr
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solitude-Flamingo-Anthony-Storr/dp/0006543499/sr=1-14/qid=1163496561/ref=sr_1_14/026-7487281-6039608?ie=UTF8&s=books
It shows how much of this you must be a couple to be normal obsession is derived from Freudian theory (one man's theory and just a theory) and throughout history there have always been plenty of single people who were not considered weird, but special. Well, it cheered me up. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much. I will go to the book store to take a look at it.

I agree about having personal happiness but I guess there are times with enough pressure from your peers and family, you lose that personaly happiness. Or you just forgot about it.

It does not help when your family is not supportive.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
plus Skincare - it really doesn't help your self-esteem hanging around with men like that. In my first job in China a lot of my colleagues were men (young/old/ugly) who stayed because it was easy for them to get a lot of girlfriends. So they treat you like 'one of the lads' or an 'honorary male' and it makes you feel invisible or non-female in the end. I felt much better once I'd got away from them.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I always thought that Toronto is Liberal but maybe too liberal.

...Hi Skincare! I used to live in Toronto (great city!!!) but it can be a bit lonely if you don't have tight circle of friends or a boyfriend/girlfriend...Don't let people get you down....I think we all go through "dry" periods in life when we feel like we don't have a healthy circle of friends or a boyfriend/girlfriend....Hang in there! And don't let anyone tell you that there is "something wrong with you" - that is just an awful Mad thing to say!!!
Keep smiling!
Pudoodles
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pudoodles. I do try to keep smiling but when I saw this thread, it just reminded me of the comment I would get on why I am still single and the remarks I would get from my parents "there must be something wrong with you".

Qisme615, thanks for starting this thread and I can relate and I am older! Confused I wish you all the happiness. Smile
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare--people can be so insensitive. After I divorced, I didn't date for a long while afterward. When I did finally date again, I'd go out with someone a few times and if it wasn't "right", I'd stop seeing them. I wasn't going to waste any more time with the wrong person...I would much rather be alone than in another bad relationship. But friends or family would say to me, "Well, what was wrong with him..he seemed like such a nice guy" Rolling Eyes Like being alone would be the worst thing. I did eventually meet someone, but it wasn't until I was about 35, around 8 yrs after my first marriage ended.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare - Your welcome. I have guys that do like me but there's something wrong with them, not me. Very Happy So I agree with others that I rather be single than settle for less. But it just makes me fuming mad when people keep asking or saying things. Yes, at times it gets lonely when those darn holiday comes like V-day. hehe. But there is nothing wrong with us. I figure I'm 30 but most importantly I am happy. So be happy. Go buy that LV Speedy 30. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Both of you put a smile on me face Very Happy Thank you.

I'm at work right now and just had a chat with a coworker. He used to teach at Yale University and he said majority of the students who had difficulty in class was due to their parents being negative/toxic to their children. He said that they were all very bright and it is the parent who set them up for failure.
He had a good point, we do not need people to expect us to meet their expectations.

Lets not go there with the V-Day! My birthday is on or about V-Day and the so-called friends rather go out with thier boyfriends/spouse for V-Day which will last a week for them.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |