Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I love Decleor Aromessence oils and haven't had any negative reactions to them - although the one I haven't tried is Ylang Ylang as I have dry skin. I got samples and have gone on to purchase salon sizes of both the Angelique and Neroli.

But I did try some Darphin testers in a store on my hand and one (I think it was Myrrh or the Rose) gave me alligator skin on the spot I put it on. It took a couple days to go away. Glad I tried it first before spending a lot of money.
http://www.darphin.com/templates/products/multiproduct.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY8448

Everyone's skin is different, so samples are a good thing!

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
skin care junkie wrote:
Hi Melanie,

Glad to know it's not just me. I was also trying to figure out if my cystic acne on my chin and jawline was from the decleor or if it was a number of factors. I'm still not completely sure to be honest. But I think I'll take a break from it for a few weeks and see if it clears up and then try re-introducing it and see what happens. It's so hard to know for sure though, since there are so many possible factors...stress, getting warmer out, sweating from working out, time of the month....the list goes on!

Or, it could just be the name Melanie...HAHA! That's my name as well! Very Happy

Hihi.. how did your 'experiment' go? Did those huge outbreaks subside? Mine just started about 3 weeks back.. they are still quite furious now... rather upset @ the moment. Some people says its hormones, some says diet, lack of excerises, bad lymphatic drainage... etc etc.. i dunno.. just very upset recently. Sad

There are also a few minor zits over the face here & there. t_t
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I recently got some samples of the Decleor Ylang ylang oil and night balm.

I think that the smell is heavenly.

i had been using the products on my entire face for little over a week when i started getting little bumps on my chin and jaw line. i wasnt sure if it was to do with the products so i stopped using them on that area to see if things would clear up and it has cleared up.

I now still use the night balm on my entire face as it is a lovely product to use, but i only use the oil on my forehead and nose every morning.

Im not sure if i will purchase a full size of the oil but i will definatly be purchasing the ylang ylang night balm sometime soon

Hannah
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I“m so going to order this next time! I have small bumps all over my face and an army of dark spots Sad Does it help with dark spots too?

xxx
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:09 am      Reply with quote
This smells so beautiful like mos to fthe Decleor products, and I really enjoyed using it, even though I didn't notice any real benefit.
sucencen
5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
For which skin type and for which age group?
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi,i think it for acne and oily skin and for all ages, but not for dark spot
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I got this as a sample and EDS and while it says it's for acne skin types, it totally broke me out. And not in regular little zits but full blown painful cysts. I took care to use only 1-2 drops for the whole face each evening, but I guess even that is too rich for me! It's wierd, because OCM works fine on me.

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Elloitty

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm first, I absolutely loved it ( although I didnt notice any sebum regulation or purification - the smell was amazing). ENcouraged by the success with the balm I bought this oil Sad didn't work for me at all, broke out terribly from it and still healing.
Elloitty

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
ooh, I just discovered this store, and just found out I could ask samples here. I wish I got a sample before I bought this serum. Too bad, there's no Decleor corners in my area, and Strawberrynet doesn't offer samples. I wasted 60 bucks for a product that smells amazing but can only be used on my neck without grave consequences Sad
deep_splash
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
im really into using essential oils so definitely planning to make a large order with lots of decleor products. trying to decide between ylang ylang and neroli right now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using neroli essential oil a years. The scent is good. Small amount is enough for use, so it lasts.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I once got a small sample. It works! It brightened up my skin. However, it is really greasy.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
It is strange that EDS does not sell this product, the best and most popular product of the brand. Otherwise, I would like get one for night use. A very effective face oil.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:38 am      Reply with quote
It is good but I would not use it in the summer if you have acne. It just makes it worse.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love ylang ylang and other essential oils but I am afraid of break out. I'm too sensitive.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |