Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Warm water vs. cold water when washing face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoniaK1
5% products discount

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Does using cold water vs. warm water when washing your face really make a difference? I keep hearing that using cold water will help minimize pores. Then again, I hear that you have to use warm water in order to really get all the dirt and bacteria off your skin. And what about using a face steamer? Aren't you supposed to open up your pores before using a face mask? I'm confused now. Any opinions on the advantages/disadvantages of using each? Or does it not really make any difference at all, even if you don't use a toner?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Sonia,

I like to use warm water to rinse the cleanser off of my face as I feel that it works better for cleansing and I feel that it helps to open my pores to take in the serums that I use... however, some people that I know follow up a warm water wash with a cold rinse and swear by it... Wink

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
i perfer warm water even in summer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I prefer warm water too.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I have heard that you should wash your face with warm water, and then rinse with cool water to close your pores. I don't do it that way though. I just use warm.
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I have heard that you should wash your face with warm water, and then rinse with cool water to close your pores. I don't do it that way though. I just use warm.

I heard that too but I just use warm.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I would say I use cool to warm wather temp.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I use warm water when washing my face and then splash cold water on my face before towelling it dry. This helps to close the pores that were open from the warm water.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
In "Awakening beauty" from the Hauschka corporation, it's advised to wash with warm water and then cold. I can't take cold and go for cool.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
I use warm water when washing my face and then splash cold water on my face before towelling it dry. This helps to close the pores that were open from the warm water.

That's what I was taught. Warm water to cleanse, splash with cool to cold water to close pores. This final cool/cold rinse also seems to help control oil.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
This rinsing off with cool/cold water is going to get hard in the dead of winter for me. Even with my fuzzy slippers on the bathroom is mighty cold.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I use cold water in the summer and cool water in the wintertime. It doesn't have to be icy just colder than normal.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
If you have sensitive skin, always use tepid water, as any extremes of temperature could cause broken capillaries.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I wash with warm water, and then splash my face with cold water.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think tepid water is the best way to go for washing the face. Especially if you have sensitive skin. I don't think splashing your face with cold water really does much but make your face temporarily feel tighter and smoother
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I usually wash with warm water but if I'm feeling a bit puffy or need to feel refreshed and awake I'll rinse with cool or cold water.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that hot water can often inflame blemished skin..that is why it's wise to use cool water.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I wash with cold water in the summer and warm water in the winter. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I wash and rinse with warm water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
warm water for sure, but not too warm.
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
If you have sensitive skin, always use tepid water, as any extremes of temperature could cause broken capillaries.

Thank you for this little goldne tip!!! No wonder afew of these popped up recently...I was using hot water. Bad . . . Bad girl I am Embarassed

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
SoniaK1
5% products discount

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
how interesting! i didn't know hot water could break capillaries. bosoxy makes a good point though, wouldn't rinsing with warm water also help the serums soak into your skin better? or does it not really make a difference? that reminds me, one lady at the cosmetics counter said that at the very end of putting on all your lotion, etc. you should put toner on after everything else, just slap it on with the palms of your hands. Kind of like aftershave. I wonder if that would help seal in the serums/moisturizers...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
chellsta wrote:
lillilulu wrote:

Thank you for this little goldne tip!!! No wonder afew of these popped up recently...I was using hot water. Bad . . . Bad girl I am Embarassed

Laughing Me too! I wash my whole body with very hot water, I NEED to stop!
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Chellsta and dealated, you're welcome. Unfortunately, I learnt the hard way and had to have laser treatment to remove mine.
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:32 am      Reply with quote
warm water to clean and cold water to finish up. Good to keep the elasticity! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |