Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

US Postal Service Help Required
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi I need some help regarding Global Priority Mail sent from the US. I recently bought something from ebay and was told that my package was sent to me (in Australia) by Global Priority Mail and a tracking number was given to the seller.

The item was supposedly sent on 19 October and I have still not received it Sad . The seller has given me a tracking number. I checked with the US Postal Service. The tracking number for this type of mail is only proof that an item was sent. It will not track the package after it has been accepted by the Post Office.

Does anyone know whether the name and address of the recipient is recorded on the receipt for the tracking number? I just want to get my facts right.

Because supplying a tracking number does not necessarily mean that a package was sent to me, it could have been sent to someone else if there is no record on the receipt of whom and where the package is sent.

Normally, I might let this slide but it was US$140 worth of stuff Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I don't specifically know about US but in Uk & we have to fill in a form with our name & address when we send stuff recorded or special delivery also the address where it has been posted to & we can check online.
I once had someone say they hadnt recieved their stuff from me & was able to find out which address it had been delivered to(I worried that a neighbour had signed & not taken it round)but it was recorded that it went to the correct address.They also emailed me a copy of the signature they obtained on delivery. I send a lot of stuff recorded (sent something to Aus yesterday actually). If there is a problem it is the person that sent the item that is insured & should find out where it has gone. If any problems happen with my stuff I always do the phoning up etc.
I hope your stuff gets to you soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely contact the seller and let them know that you haven't received the package. They should be the one to follow up - if they don't respond there's something shady going on. There's a number they can call toll-free within the US to report a problem and start an investigation, but there's a limited time after mailing in which to do so. As for the tracking numbers, I haven't had much sucess tracking priority mail w/in the US with them - they just basically say the package is in the system. I'm not sure that it's possible to get additional information, like with UPS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if this would affect you but just to let you know, here in Canada, it took almost two weeks to get my package from EDS. I think there is another thread about a claim that customs or Canada Post is delaying all mail delivery to search for bombs.
There was also a complaint that Christmas cards may not be delivered on time.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
it's really very very very slow.

i have bought something from ebay too, it's more than one month now, the seller in Canada, i'm in China.

but other two from USA, one within a week, one 12 days.

i don't know what's wrong.

terrible!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Do contact the seller and let them know you haven't received the package yet. See if they'll work something out with you.

I'm having a similar problem with a seller on some Caudalie products I bought on Oct. 21st. The difference is they're a U.S. seller and the USPS has no record of the tracking number that was given to me. And, this seller hasn't responded to my email regarding the tracking number problem. So, after eBay's "allowed" 30 days, looks like I'm going to have to file a NPS, file with PayPal and do a chargeback with my CC company. Bummer.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
OMG Iam going the the SAME thing right now. USPS says that it arrived at my local usnit but never went out for delivery. Just ARRIVAL AT UNIT.

I'm having the supervisor looking for it right now. May have been sent to wrong house. It was my Revive Vitamin C which I paid $90!!!

I think I'll always get insurance. But I should not have to.

WHY can't they be responsible for employees screw ups????
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
hlg22 wrote:
I would definitely contact the seller and let them know that you haven't received the package. They should be the one to follow up - if they don't respond there's something shady going on. There's a number they can call toll-free within the US to report a problem and start an investigation, but there's a limited time after mailing in which to do so. As for the tracking numbers, I haven't had much sucess tracking priority mail w/in the US with them - they just basically say the package is in the system. I'm not sure that it's possible to get additional information, like with UPS.

Nope I contacted mine and they said that it is out of their hands when it is sent off. My problem now. They can't control USPS.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Nope I contacted mine and they said that it is out of their hands when it is sent off. My problem now. They can't control USPS.

Act-u-allllly, they're quite wrong. As a previous eBay seller, I can certainly tell you that insurance is meant for the protection of the seller, not the buyer, even though the USPS insurance is all but worthless.

IF you paid for the insurance, the seller can prove they mailed it by the tracking number. But, if you didn't purchase or weren't offered insurance, the burden of proof of shipping is on the seller.

If your seller doesn't make this right by offering to re-ship (with a request that you ship the first one back if received) or refund your money, you can:

1.) File a Non-performing Seller claim with eBay after 30 days, then;
2.) File a complaint with PayPal if you used PayPal, then;
3.) Contact your credit card company to dispute the charge and have it refunded. They'll take a little time to investigate so make sure you have all your details when calling. The CC company will then go after the seller to get THEIR money back. At least, that's how my cc company works.

Upshot? ALWAYS pay for an eBay purchase with a credit card.

Ari

Edit: Oh, and I would do all 3 steps in that order on the same day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
They may not be able to control the postal service, but they can and should follow up. Just saying "I sent your stuff, too bad if you didn't get it" doesn't cut it. It's also much easier for someone located in the US to call a US toll-free number and start an inquiry than it is for someone abroad to try and do so.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
All I know is that delivery confirmation stinks because basically you don't know if your package is delivered until it IS delivered, and then it may not show up until the next day. Oh, or it may show up as *attempted*
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:

Act-u-allllly, they're quite wrong. As a previous eBay seller, I can certainly tell you that insurance is meant for the protection of the seller, not the buyer, even though the USPS insurance is all but worthless.

IF you paid for the insurance, the seller can prove they mailed it by the tracking number. But, if you didn't purchase or weren't offered insurance, the burden of proof of shipping is on the seller.

If your seller doesn't make this right by offering to re-ship (with a request that you ship the first one back if received) or refund your money, you can:

1.) File a Non-performing Seller claim with eBay after 30 days, then;
2.) File a complaint with PayPal if you used PayPal, then;
3.) Contact your credit card company to dispute the charge and have it refunded. They'll take a little time to investigate so make sure you have all your details when calling. The CC company will then go after the seller to get THEIR money back. At least, that's how my cc company works.

Upshot? ALWAYS pay for an eBay purchase with a credit card.

Ari

Edit: Oh, and I would do all 3 steps in that order on the same day.

Thanks Ari. I have done the 1st two steps. Maybe I should contact my credit card company. I think I might have already paid the amount. The seller did not offer insurance. She gave me the tracking number which, as your girls have mentioned, was totally worthless; it just says that a package was posted and tracking stops.

I told her that was the situation and she came back and said there was nothing she could do if my package was held up by customs etc.

I don't think my package is with customs as Candy sent me a package on 14 October which was opened by customs and I'd received it about 2 weeks ago and this ebay seller sent hers about 5 days later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ninetynine

I think that our customs guys (I'm in the UK) are gearing up for the holidays already so maybe yours are too. I had an EDS package shipped on the 31st October and it still hasn't arrived Sad . EDS are very reliable, so I'm sure the delays are in the postal system and not their end, but it doesn't help when you're waiting and worrying if it's been lost in the mail. I hope your package arrives soon!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am getting so tired of waiting for samples of AmorePacific. Sad
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I had a bad start to the day today. First, I banged my car on my autogate when I was reversing without realising that the gate was still half way opened.

In the office, one of the emails gave me the most upsetting news. I was informed by one of the renowned online * spam * forum skincare store that they will not process my purchases in the future just because the goods did not arrive to me in 2 occasions and they have to resend once and refund on the other.

Well, I was not new to them. I have had more than 10 occasions purchased from them and all went smoothly except recent 2 orders. I used my credit card, always swift and smooth, no questions and no hold up by my credit card company, I have only praises for my credit card' services. The payments to this skincare company
were always immediate.

Well, the problem started when I did not receive my recent orders, one during X' mas time and one recently. This company cannot provide me with a tracking or reference postal number, so it is futile to check with my local post office and it is impossible to trace at all. When I asked for the postal investigation result, they never provide me with so. They were like, " we do not know why, you are deemed suspicious and you are
banned".
Well, I do not know why also. Well, it is very prejudicial to say I am suspicious when I had paid for the goods immediately and I had never received it. I have done my part as a customer and it is the skincare company to ensure the goods arrived to me safely. Where on earth to find out the lost if I have no information at all except the name of the company??

What should I do if you were me???
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Lotion (30 g / 1 floz) Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz)